A Petition To Block Ballot Access Has Been Filed Against Cruz In Illinois.

Great speculation piece, get back to us when you have something a bit more solid on the reason for the objection.

Great speculation piece, get back to us when you have something a bit more solid on the reason for the objection.
Oh I will, like right now.

News: Ted Cruz and Marco Rubio Constitutional Eligibility Legally Challenged in FL [and VT]

Cruz, Rubio Presidential Eligibility Challenged In FL, VT, and MD!

That argument didn't fly with maobama and it won't fly with anyone else. In fact all the court cases I'm familiar with were dismissed for the lack of standing to make such a challenge. What gives this guy standing?

Interesting.................the GOP is still eating itself.................

How much longer do you think that Ted Cruz can survive?

If you keep up with the birther nonsense, not much longer, but if you let it go, maybe he can make it up until the nomination.

Trump is going to be hard to beat.

Thanks for the Democrats getting another term.

Yet you and others on the right fail to object to the same ridiculous speculation concerning the president.

At least you and most others in the right are consistent at being inconsistent.

Yet you and others on the right fail to object to the same ridiculous speculation concerning the president.

Had your dear leader been born outside the US he could not have gotten his citizenship through his mother, she wasn't old enough, by law, Cruz mother was. I've been totally consistent on the subject.

Had your dear leader been born outside the US he could not have gotten his citizenship through his mother, she wasn't old enough, by law, Cruz mother was. I've been totally consistent on the subject.

Quote a legal document stating a mothers age has anything to do with the citizenship of her child. Heres a link i found that fails to mention what you said.

Are you the foreign-born child of a parent who becomes a U.S. citizen?

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Quote a legal document stating a mothers age has anything to do with the citizenship of her child. Heres a link i found that fails to mention what you said.

The law that's relevant is the law in effect during the era they were born. And in the past the age of the mother did effect the eligibility to confer citizenship. As she had to live in the US for so many years after her 15th birthday. I think its 5 years. So a mother that was only 18 for example couldn't have lived long enough in the US to confer citizenship to a child born outside it.

Current law may or may not have such requirements.

And such laws are irrelevant to Cruz. As his mother was in her 30s and had lived in the US for 14 years before his birth.

It's been posted a thousand times on this forum, the immigration law states that the parent had to of resided in the US 5 years after their 14th birthday to confer citizenship in a foreign birth, the dear leaders mom was 18 when he was born. Feel free to look it up yourself, or look at similar threads posted in this forum during the last couple of months.

Oh I will, like right now.

News: Ted Cruz and Marco Rubio Constitutional Eligibility Legally Challenged in FL [and VT]

Cruz, Rubio Presidential Eligibility Challenged In FL, VT, and MD!

That argument didn't fly with maobama and it won't fly with anyone else. In fact all the court cases I'm familiar with were dismissed for the lack of standing to make such a challenge. What gives this guy standing?

It will be dismissed- however, fun to see- the guy filing is a RWNJ much like Stevie

“Senator Ted Cruz was born in Canada,” attorney and Poplar Grove, Illinois resident Lawrence Joyce, adding, “Mr. Cruz has been a U.S. citizen since birth, but that was by statute. The Constitution requires one to be a ‘natural born’ citizen in order to be President. And the governing case law of the U.S. Supreme Court and the whole history of the law points to the conclusion that Ted Cruz is not a natural born citizen."

“What is worse,” Joyce continued, “is that Senator Cruz has known about this problem for a long time now. Yet he has not even made any effort to clarify this in any formal setting, though he could have at least done that. The upshot of all this is that if he becomes the Republican nominee for President, Congressman Alan Grayson of Florida and other Democrats may go ahead with plans to challenge his eligibility. Not only might this cause a complete disruption of the plans of the Republican Party to launch a successful bid for the White House, but it might also mean that in the fall, Sen. Cruz might be forced to resign the nomination. Nothing could be worse than to have the Establishment Wing elites of the Republican Party pick the nominee to replace him. Names like Jeb Bush, Mitt Romney, Chris Christie, Marco Rubio, and Paul Ryan come to mind in that respect. This would entirely negate not only the votes of all those who participate in the primary in Illinois, it would negate every primary and caucus around the country and turn the entire nationwide exercise in democracy into an absolute nullity.”

“Furthermore,” Joyce added, “Senator Cruz has been whistling past the graveyard all along. That he should happen to do so within the thoughts of his own mind would be one thing, but that he should now drag the entire Republican Party through a potential nightmare simply because of his negligence, his own private, wishful thinking, and his lack of due diligence is inexcusable, and such conduct hardly signifies the type of person whom the American people need in a President of the United States, and whom members of the conservative movement need in order to prevent the Establishment Wing of the Republican Party from depriving us of one of our own candidates.”

Sure he could have been- if we are talking whacky alternative universes where the birth certificate is false- then perhaps Barack Obama was born later- or his mother was actually born earlier!

Or- if her father never legally divorced his first wife, then according to Hawaiian law, his mother and father were never legally married- in which case- the single mother does establish citizenship.

I mean in the whacky alternative Birther world.

It's been posted a thousand times on this forum, the immigration law states that the parent had to of resided in the US 5 years after their 14th birthday to confer citizenship in a foreign birth, the dear leaders mom was 18 when he was born. Feel free to look it up yourself, or look at similar threads posted in this forum during the last couple of months.

aww,,.... birfer idiocy if by "dear leader" you're just a rightwingnut referring to the president who was born in Hawaii... contrary to the fantasies of people like you.

the objection is that he wasn't born in this country.

From the link in the OP:
My bold.

chances are the objection relates to whether Cruz meets the qualifications to be President.

"chances are" is the same a saying maybe, not exactly a solid reason.

aww,,.... birfer idiocy if by "dear leader" you're just a rightwingnut referring to the president who was born in Hawaii... contrary to the fantasies of people like you.

Feel free to point out where I said he wasn't born in Hawaii. And I never use the given name of anyone who hasn't earned my respect, I give them nicknames.

Forum List

Back