a popular website about Qanon shuts down

JakeStarkey

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2009
Interesting. The owner operator (has a good gig at Citibank) made about $3K a month from Qanon,

Do you think the website should have shut down?

"A popular website for posts about the conspiracy group QAnon abruptly shut down after a fact-checking group identified the developer as a New Jersey man. " I wonder if he was afraid of retaliation for and against becausse of QAnon.

‘As some in Trump’s inner circle have shown signs of support for the conspiracy or its followers, questions have swirled about the identities of those responsible for promoting it. In August, Trump said that QAnon followers are “people who love our country.” The president’s director of social media, Dan Scavino, as well as the President’s son, Eric Trump, have posted QAnon imagery.’ ibid

Yet another compelling reason to vote Trump out of office this November.

Interesting. The owner operator (has a good gig at Citibank) made about $3K a month from Qanon,

"A popular website for posts about the conspiracy group QAnon abruptly shut down after a fact-checking group identified the developer as a New Jersey man. " I wonder if he was afraid of retaliation for and against becausse of QAnon.

James "Q" Comey is a joke. There's no "Plan"

I'm just a little confused.

• Places like Facebook and Twitter shut down websites of groups on the grounds of them spreading lies, untruths, conspiracy theories, rumors, alleged hate-speech and false statements, through some unchecked mechanism of their own AT THEIR DISCRETION. To be hate speech, all that is needed is for them to HATE IT.

• SHOULDN'T WE THEN BE LIKEWISE SHUTTING DOWN places like the New York Times, WaPo and other media groups then for doing the same thing?

I'm just a little confused.

• Places like Facebook and Twitter shut down websites of groups on the grounds of them spreading lies, untruths, conspiracy theories, rumors, alleged hate-speech and false statements, through some unchecked mechanism of their own AT THEIR DISCRETION. To be hate speech, all that is needed is for them to HATE IT.

• SHOULDN'T WE THEN BE LIKEWISE SHUTTING DOWN places like the New York Times, WaPo and other media groups then for doing the same thing?
Yep. They've been running that 4 year conspiracy theory and the left still cant let go. But it seems, slowly these conspiracy sites like NY Times and WaPo are self destructing on their own.

Forum List

Back