A Primer/Refresher for Leftists.

Wrong again, mindless drone. Even the DoI states that our unalienable rights come from God, not man, asshole

The idea of 'god given rights' is entire notional. Without We the People to defend them, we don't have them.

And you'll notice in the constitution and BOR, there is zero mention of God.

If you disagree, ask the Slaves how much their god given rights were worth.

Wrong again, mindless drone. Even the DoI states that our unalienable rights come from God, not man, asshole

<ahem>

Jefferson's Letter to the Danbury Baptists
The Final Letter, as Sent​

To messers. Nehemiah Dodge, Ephraim Robbins, & Stephen S. Nelson, a committee of the Danbury Baptist association in the state of Connecticut.

Gentlemen
The affectionate sentiments of esteem and approbation which you are so good as to express towards me, on behalf of the Danbury Baptist association, give me the highest satisfaction. my duties dictate a faithful and zealous pursuit of the interests of my constituents, & in proportion as they are persuaded of my fidelity to those duties, the discharge of them becomes more and more pleasing.
Believing with you that religion is a matter which lies solely between Man & his God, that he owes account to none other for his faith or his worship, that the legitimate powers of government reach actions only, & not opinions, I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should "make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof," thus building a wall of separation between Church & State. Adhering to this expression of the supreme will of the nation in behalf of the rights of conscience, I shall see with sincere satisfaction the progress of those sentiments which tend to restore to man all his natural rights, convinced he has no natural right in opposition to his social duties.
I reciprocate your kind prayers for the protection & blessing of the common father and creator of man, and tender you for yourselves & your religious association, assurances of my high respect & esteem.
Th Jefferson
Jan. 1. 1802.
Jefferson's Letter to the Danbury Baptists (June 1998) - Library of Congress Information Bulletin

Keep your god out of my life. My freedom comes from the constitution and the rights that it provides through equal production under the law and the separation from church and state.

If you believe that, then you get precisely what you deserve.

But I'll keep praying for you every day.

Keep your god out of my life. My freedom comes from the constitution and the rights that it provides through equal production under the law and the separation from church and state.

The logic of religion is essentially useless in understanding god and his will.

It can't be Jesus AND Shiva. It has to be Jesus OR Shiva. So if Shiva is it, that means Jesus is made up and his followers are self deluded. And if Jesus is it, that means Shiva is made up and his followers are self deluded. And fuck Buddha, Huītzilōpōchtli, and Izanagi.

Which means that faith, prayer and scripture.....by the logic of religion....almost always results in self delusion.

And it gets worse.

You can't even find consistency within the same religion in the same people in the geography over time. The Puritans would put you to death for homosexuality or adultery. The founders, for homosexuality. And modern Christians, neither.

Did God change his mind? Or did Christians?

If the latter, then what Christians are ACTUALLY saying is that all of the Christians before them, virtually the whole of the Christian faith....were wrong. And only they are right.

Which is kinda fucking unlikely.

I know this was produced in 1948, but ignorant Leftists like Rigby5 , rightwinger etc. need to be told, and retold that the freedoms we enjoy do not come from government, but are already granted by G-D

That's you opinion, and you are entitled to it.

Our Constitution and the DoI, our seminal charters of government, are organic and designed to evolve with the times. No longer are we a nation to be governed by propertied white men. That's done and gone a long, long time now.

Forum List

Back