A question for fellow Catholics on Pope kissing the Koran

K9Buck

Platinum Member
Dec 25, 2009
If you are NOT a Catholic, please don't post in this thread. Thank you.

Years ago Pope John Paul II kissed a Koran. I took objection to this as the Koran preaches a God that is NOT the God of Jesus. Remember, the God of Jesus has a son, the God of the Koran does not. Additionally, the Koran preaches that Jesus is NOT the savior, but merely a prophet. In short, the Koran is blasphemous and preaches a false belief system. I vehemently disagree with the Pope kissing the Koran. I have no problem with the Pope meeting with anyone, but they should NOT show endearment to a belief system that contradicts the belief system for which he is supposed to be the number one advocate.

It is rumored that the third secret of Fatima was that the church would suffer apostasy at its highest levels in the end days. I think the apostasy has been occurring for decades now. What a shame.

21151639_1462503687176466_6357412097437250973_n.jpg

I take it a moderator cleaned up all of the trolling responses. Thank you.

I'm catholic and I only remember going to mass every week and caring about others to the detriment of my self.

:alcoholic:< This soothes my guilty conscience.

images

Now where did the guy who was making remarks about others go?

It's almost a spiritual experience to see some ignorant post(s) vanish into thin air.

*****CHUCKLE*****

:)

I would love to learn that the Pope didn't knowingly kiss the Korean. But, I don't doubt that he did so in full knowledge. Some Catholics have a habit of kissing things. But, at least an idol of Mary hasn't denied that Christ is the Savior. In modern times, the Catholic Church has been very far from loyal to Christ. The modern Church is guilty of everything from removing Catholic icons from their schools to approving of the homosexual lifestyle, even if not officially.

However, as absolutely incompatible with Christianity as it is to kiss the Koran, the offense of the Pope pales in caparison to the idolatry Protestant Zionists have for Jews. While Islam denies Jesus Christ is Savior, Talmudism (so-called Judaism) denies Jesus is Christ and places Jesus among the lowest of sinners.

Out of some messed up attempt to be polite with Muslims, the Pope kissed a Koran. Out of betrayal of Christ and America, Protestant Zionists devote their lives to serving Antichrist.

Last edited:
If you are NOT a Catholic, please don't post in this thread. Thank you.

Years ago Pope John Paul II kissed a Koran. I took objection to this as the Koran preaches a God that is NOT the God of Jesus. Remember, the God of Jesus has a son, the God of the Koran does not. Additionally, the Koran preaches that Jesus is NOT the savior, but merely a prophet. In short, the Koran is blasphemous and preaches a false belief system. I vehemently disagree with the Pope kissing the Koran. I have no problem with the Pope meeting with anyone, but they should NOT show endearment to a belief system that contradicts the belief system for which he is supposed to be the number one advocate.

It is rumored that the third secret of Fatima was that the church would suffer apostasy at its highest levels in the end days. I think the apostasy has been occurring for decades now. What a shame.

Judaism, Christianity, and Islam are the three faiths which trace their roots through Abraham. God promised Abraham that he would be the father of many nations. And, Abraham was--including the nations that came to adopt Islam as their religion. While the three faiths have gone in different directions since that time, acknowledging and showing respect to our once common root is not out of line.

It is no secret that Christians now travel a very different path than either Jews or Muslims--and people of all three faiths are well aware of what these differences are. Acknowledging and respecting our common ground does not mean embracing all teachings contained in the Quran--or for that matter, the Old Testament. Doesn't all of Christianity continue to honor the Old Testament despite the fact we no longer agree with many Old Testament teachings on diet or observing the Seventh (Sabbath) Day? There are a few celebrations the Old Testament commanded be kept, yet we who honor the Bible--both Old and New Testaments--no longer commemorate these events which Judaism has remained ever faithful in observing.

The Pope's gesture should be taken in context: One of respect towards followers of another branch of Abrahamic faith--not an announcement that every word in the Quran should be observed by Christians. We have our own heritage and, as it is such a rich heritage, I don't think we need fear opening our arms and hearts to others.

Why do left wingers like islam to much?

Part of liberalism and progressiveness is the underlying wish to do away with the status quo--whatever they see that status quo to be currently. They see Christianity as the status quo, and they see Islam as being disruptive to Christianity. It is not Islam they favor, it is the disruption to Christianity they applaud. The great weakness of liberalism/progressiveness is that as soon as Islam achieves status quo, they will turn on that as well. There is a time to build and a time to tear down. Liberals ever feel it is their time to tear down. Just as decay is needed in nature, perhaps liberalism is needed in politics. No one enjoys it, we just recognize its place, even its necessity, as new life is springing up around it.

Some might say a corruption of the faith of Abraham is worse than an unrelated faith. I.e. better you neighbor be a Hindi than a Talmudist (Jew) or Muslim. So much for Christians and Muslims both claiming Abraham.

It's ridiculous for a Christian to equate the Old Testament with the Koran. I mean, really, Meriweather, are you smoking crack? The Old Testament is the Word of God, whether you're too liberal or not to see your Christianity as a fulfillment of the Old Testament. The Korean is a product of a false prophet.

You indeed are ignorant when you declare that "Judaism" has remained ever faithful to the Old Testament. When was the last time heard of a Jew at the tabernacle having a priest sacrifice a ram, after having stoned a homosexual? No tabernacle, no priest, no ram, and no dead homo. Wow, are you ignorant. I only call you ignorant to be blunt, and even then, I don't think you'll see. Muslims are more faithful to the Old Testament than those Talmudists you think are Jews. And, as a Christian, I perfectly keep faithful to the Old Testament.

Myself, I don't wallow in ignorance. And, I do take the Pope's blasphemous kiss of the Koran in context. Modern Popes have been reprobates. They're more concerned with being popular than with keeping faithful to God and church doctrine.

Judaism, Christianity, and Islam are the three faiths which trace their roots through Abraham. God promised Abraham that he would be the father of many nations. And, Abraham was--including the nations that came to adopt Islam as their religion. While the three faiths have gone in different directions since that time, acknowledging and showing respect to our once common root is not out of line.

It is no secret that Christians now travel a very different path than either Jews or Muslims--and people of all three faiths are well aware of what these differences are. Acknowledging and respecting our common ground does not mean embracing all teachings contained in the Quran--or for that matter, the Old Testament. Doesn't all of Christianity continue to honor the Old Testament despite the fact we no longer agree with many Old Testament teachings on diet or observing the Seventh (Sabbath) Day? There are a few celebrations the Old Testament commanded be kept, yet we who honor the Bible--both Old and New Testaments--no longer commemorate these events which Judaism has remained ever faithful in observing.

The Pope's gesture should be taken in context: One of respect towards followers of another branch of Abrahamic faith--not an announcement that every word in the Quran should be observed by Christians. We have our own heritage and, as it is such a rich heritage, I don't think we need fear opening our arms and hearts to others.

Some might say a corruption of the faith of Abraham is worse than an unrelated faith. I.e. better you neighbor be a Hindi than a Talmudist (Jew) or Muslim. So much for Christians and Muslims both claiming Abraham.

It's ridiculous for a Christian to equate the Old Testament with the Koran. I mean, really, Meriweather, are you smoking crack? The Old Testament is the Word of God, whether you're too liberal or not to see your Christianity as a fulfillment of the Old Testament. The Korean is a product of a false prophet.

You indeed are ignorant when you declare that "Judaism" has remained ever faithful to the Old Testament. When was the last time heard of a Jew at the tabernacle having a priest sacrifice a ram, after having stoned a homosexual? No tabernacle, no priest, no ram, and no dead homo. Wow, are you ignorant. I only call you ignorant to be blunt, and even then, I don't think you'll see. Muslims are more faithful to the Old Testament than those Talmudists you think are Jews. And, as a Christian, I perfectly keep faithful to the Old Testament.

Myself, I don't wallow in ignorance. And, I do take the Pope's blasphemous kiss of the Koran in context. Modern Popes have been reprobates. They're more concerned with being popular than with keeping faithful to God and church doctrine.

You don't see the ignorance in your own post, starting with how you read what I wrote? Shrug.

People are going to judge the acts of others as they will, but they should ask, What was in the Pope's heart? That is what God sees, love is what the Spirit prompts.

Speaking from a gut level, I am uncomfortable with the Pope kissing a Koran.

During Mass, after the Gospel reading, the priest kisses the Bible. It's one of those Catholic traditions that acknowledge that the Word of God is a big deal.

There are many ways to express respect to others. When the Pope chose to gave the Koran the same reverence as to the Bible, at the very least, he cheapened the honor that a simple kiss used to signify.

During Mass, after the Gospel reading, the priest kisses the Bible. It's one of those Catholic traditions that acknowledge that the Word of God is a big deal.

There are many ways to express respect to others. When the Pope chose to gave the Koran the same reverence as to the Bible, at the very least, he cheapened the honor that a simple kiss used to signify.
Yet, a kiss of peace has long been a part of Catholic liturgy and heritage. I believe it was Tertullian who wrote of a pagan's objection to his Christian wife exchanging a kiss of peace. I agree this kiss was generally exchanged between fellow Christians, but I don't see that such a kiss was not to be extended to outsiders.

In this particular case, the kiss was a sign of respect during a time where peace was sought between Abrahamic religions in that area of great unrest in the world. There is no reason to misinterpret or reinterpret the Pope's intent. Undoubtedly, the Christian minority in the country the Pope was visiting understood the gesture much more clearly than the Western world's armchair quarterbacks.

People are going to judge the acts of others as they will, but they should ask, What was in the Pope's heart? That is what God sees, love is what the Spirit prompts.

What was in the Pope's heart when he kissed the Koran? Not the love of God.

What was in the Pope's heart when he kissed the Koran? Not the love of God.

Remember when people were burning the Koran? Do you consider that an act of peace, an act of Christian righteousness?

Do you recall the Pope calling for world peace? I wonder, did Muslims see a hatred of God when the Pope kissed the Koran?

Yet, a kiss of peace has long been a part of Catholic liturgy and heritage. I believe it was Tertullian who wrote of a pagan's objection to his Christian wife exchanging a kiss of peace. I agree this kiss was generally exchanged between fellow Christians, but I don't see that such a kiss was not to be extended to outsiders.

In this particular case, the kiss was a sign of respect during a time where peace was sought between Abrahamic religions in that area of great unrest in the world. There is no reason to misinterpret or reinterpret the Pope's intent. Undoubtedly, the Christian minority in the country the Pope was visiting understood the gesture much more clearly than the Western world's armchair quarterbacks.
I spoke of the tradition of kissing the Bible during Mass. That is not the same thing as a kiss of peace to a neighbor. We are taught to love our neighbors but we are not taught to bow to other gods. In my view, the Koran represents other gods, regardless of its Abrahamic roots.

I did not misinterpret nor reinterpret the Pope's intent. I responded to the OP question.

And try not to forget that we are both Western armchair quarterbacks.

I spoke of the tradition of kissing the Bible during Mass. That is not the same thing as a kiss of peace to a neighbor. We are taught to love our neighbors but we are not taught to bow to other gods. In my view, the Koran represents other gods, regardless of its Abrahamic roots.

I did not misinterpret nor reinterpret the Pope's intent. I responded to the OP question.

Yes. However, I am not second-guessing the Pope's intent and saying it was something it was not. Throughout his life, the Pope clearly loved God. There is only one God--no matter how many different perspectives there are of Him.

Yes. However, I am not second-guessing the Pope's intent and saying it was something it was not. Throughout his life, the Pope clearly loved God. There is only one God--no matter how many different perspectives there are of Him.
For crying out loud! I said the kiss made me uncomfortable. I explained why. With all due respect, get over yourself.

For crying out loud! I said the kiss made me uncomfortable. I explained why. With all due respect, get over yourself.

Ummm....I'm explaining why it did not make me uncomfortable. This should not be construed as invalidating your feelings, or anyone elses. It is simply two perspectives from two different Catholics. Hence, there is no need for me "to get over myself."

Forum List

Back