A question for liberals: Washington State MW=$11 an hour, Texas MW=$7.25 an hour ..

So why the fuck does both places pay warehouse workers $12 bucks an hour?

I thought it was supposed to be more in a pro union state high minimum wage state?

It appears that a Right to work state low minimum wage state like Texas employers are less greedy by paying $4.75 more then minimum wage, while in Washington State they only pay $1 dollar more then minimum wage...

I thought according to liberals a rising tide rises all boats?

Warehouse Positions - 2nd Shift, $11 - $12/hr

Warehouse Positions - 2nd Shift, $11 - $12/hr (Fort Worth) hide this posting
00T0T_iaqOozFWF85_600x450.jpg

compensation: Minimum of $11.00 per hour
employment type: full-time

To be considered for employment, you must complete an online employment application (www.ttiinc.com).

**NO PHONE CALLS**

**RESUMES NOT ACCEPTED - MUST COMPLETE ONLINE APPLICATION**

TTI, Inc., has been a leading specialty distributor of electronic components for over 40 years. We currently have multiple openings in our climate controlled, fast paced distribution centers.

Minimum starting wage is $11.00 per hour (Additional shift premium for 2nd shift of .65 cents per hour. 2nd shift begins at 12:00 p.m.)

Pay increases at 90 and 360 days during the first year

Temperature Controlled Environment

Background & Drug Test required

High School Diploma or GED required

Recent warehouse experience preferred

Specific openings and shift/pay rates are listed on the website

GENERAL WAREHOUSE WORKER

GENERAL WAREHOUSE WORKER (TACOMA) hide this posting
compensation: $12.00

General Warehouse Worker
Codel Entry Systems is looking for a General Warehouse Worker able to work various departments in a fast paced environment. Candidate must be eager and willing to work long hours if needed.
Job Duties
• Multiple warehouse related jobs such as Delivery Driver, machining doors and door frames, glazing doors, putting inventory away, loading trucks, Paint, Stain, etc.
Skills and Qualifications
• Must be familiar with hand tools, power tools, and MUST be able to read a tape measure
• Must be able to lift 75-100 lbs repeatedly
• Previous door shop experience desired, but not required
• Must have dependable transportation
• MUST be able to pass a drug test before being hired

Starting Wage $12.00/hr

I know that we argued about MW in Seattle at least in 3 or 4 separate threads.

The $4.75 is about shift differential for second shift --------- on top of the MW. Then you pick and choose one company --------- then compared it to the whole state. Is that fair?

Again in my thread I later posted. pick any field and compare it from state to state city to city

I really don't care I have not seen any huge difference in pay rates across state lines when you narrow it down to if your say a tool maker in Tennessee compared to a tool maker in Wisconsin... (I am excluding union jobs)

The shift differential was only $1 more in my OP..it remains the same premise.. Who was paying more then their states minimum wage.

I thought it was one of the key claims of the anti-minimum wager crowd that a higher minimum wage drove up labor costs all up the scale?

Houston has a excellent selection of Seafood Houses and real Mexican food.

Nah------ Houston and other part of Texas has excellent seafood. Been to Texas many many times but ----------- they cannot come close to Washington seafood selections. They also have very good Mexican restaurants that also served seafood like tilapia and clam burritos or raw or cooked oyster tacos.

I posted several times in a separate thread specifically with BEAR and his fascination about MW in Seattle.
My relatives own 2 large seafood restaurants in Seattle area and most of my relatives work for the city and Boeing.

1. But Seattle doesnt have Mexican,Cajun,Creole and BBQ.
2. I'll take Southern Cuisine over bland yankee fare any day.

1. Sure they do. .
2. That is your brand of taste and your benefits which I don't argue.

We'll just say the yankee versions are a cheap copy that in no way resemble the actual authentic version. I'd compare the yankee version to TV dinner enchilada.

So no,they dont have mexican food in yankee land.
Mexican food is not the same as Taco Bell food..

There's a guy on the Create channel who does a lot of stuff on genuine Mexican food. It looks amazing.

When you consider the cost of living those Seattle warehouse workers are getting screwed.

But but liberals will say the quality of life is better...

What warehouse worker in their right mind living in Texas making $12 bucks an hour and living in a $500 dollar a month apartment would move to Seattle to make $12 bucks an hour and live in $1,500 dollar a month apartment?

Oh so he could have a better quality of life..

LMFAO...

Except that the ad was for TACOMA WASHINGTON.

Rents in Tacoma are around $500 - $600, same as Texas, and they have Obamacare, which Texas doesn't. It's largely white which you lot seem to think is important, and it's not full of Texans, which in my book is a HUGE bonus.

BS.....Where in the heck in Tacoma are rents only $500-$600???? That aren't downtown slums with bars on the windows?

What sort of accommodations would someone making minimum wage be looking for? When I was just out of school and making not much more than minimum wage, I had a furnished batchelor apartment in downtown Toronto that I shared with two friends from high school, one of whom slept on a mattress in the closet.

That's one thing......but how safe was your neighborhood??? That is something altogether different. Where did you come up with your numbers for rent? About all I can find anywhere near that is in Lakewood.....which is a rough part of town...outside of Tacoma.

And I LIVE here

Downtown Toronto was very safe in the early 70's. We lived near Cabbagetown which is now very chi chi and expensive but was quite dodgy at the time. I wouldn't go there after dark.

Nah------ Houston and other part of Texas has excellent seafood. Been to Texas many many times but ----------- they cannot come close to Washington seafood selections. They also have very good Mexican restaurants that also served seafood like tilapia and clam burritos or raw or cooked oyster tacos.

I posted several times in a separate thread specifically with BEAR and his fascination about MW in Seattle.
My relatives own 2 large seafood restaurants in Seattle area and most of my relatives work for the city and Boeing.

1. Sure they do. .

We'll just say the yankee versions are a cheap copy that in no way resemble the actual authentic version. I'd compare the yankee version to TV dinner enchilada.

There's a guy on the Create channel who does a lot of stuff on genuine Mexican food. It looks amazing.
Most Americans wouldn't eat Mexican cuisine like, charcoaled ribeyes and shrimp in garlic butter...Not to mention worm tacos, or even their beef tacos which don't have cheese on them, just cilantro and raw onions..

EVERYWHERE has high state and local taxes and fees to make up for lower fed aid, all to save the greedy idiot GOP rich from paying their fair share the last 35 years. The GOP just LOVES dividing us up, here about states. Wake up!

What ever you say dupe.
Talk about missing the forest for the trees...Toll roads ALSO screw the nonrich while the greedy idiot GOP rich laugh all the way to the bank. Vote GOP. IDIOT.

BTW dupe, it was the commiecrats in the major metro areas that have been pushing toll roads. They promised one built in Houston would become free once it was paid for, to get the bond issue passed. Guess what, the commiecrats lied, it's been paid for multiple times and the tolls are still there and being used to build more toll roads.
You can be sure the GOP was on the wrong side on every instance...if you know the facts...

The legislature is considering a buy out plan, I hope it passes, but I won't hold my breath.
EVERYWHERE has high state and local taxes and fees to make up for lower fed aid, all to save the greedy idiot GOP rich from paying their fair share the last 35 years. The GOP just LOVES dividing us up, here about states. Wake up!

What ever you say dupe.
Talk about missing the forest for the trees...Toll roads ALSO screw the nonrich while the greedy idiot GOP rich laugh all the way to the bank. Vote GOP. IDIOT.

BTW dupe, it was the commiecrats in the major metro areas that have been pushing toll roads. They promised one built in Houston would become free once it was paid for, to get the bond issue passed. Guess what, the commiecrats lied, it's been paid for multiple times and the tolls are still there and being used to build more toll roads.
It happens in GOP red states like Okiehoma also, so I would bet you now want to call Red states commies also...

I don't know who's calling the shots there, I just know in TX it's being driven by the cities of Dallas, Houston and Austin.

The legislature is considering a buy out plan, I hope it passes, but I won't hold my breath.

What ever you say dupe.

It happens in GOP red states like Okiehoma also, so I would bet you now want to call Red states commies also...
The desperate measures that are needed when Reaganist policies wreck fed aid for infrastructure spending. Must save the rich...

What ever you say dupe.

You can be sure the GOP was on the wrong side on every instance...if you know the facts...

I know for a fact that the city of Houston lied their commie asses off.

1. Sure they do. .

Most Americans wouldn't eat Mexican cuisine like, charcoaled ribeyes and shrimp in garlic butter...Not to mention worm tacos, or even their beef tacos which don't have cheese on them, just cilantro and raw onions..

Street Tacos are the Shit!!!
Dredge your corn tortillas through some hot oil,place between paper towels,fill with diced beef fajita,chopped onion,cilantro,a squeeze of lime and some Queso Fresco and you're golden!!!

What ever you say dupe.

The desperate measures that are needed when Reaganist policies wreck fed aid for infrastructure spending. Must save the rich...
Here he was closing US bases in a time when people needed the income from those bases, yet he had no problem blowing dough to support civilians in foriegn nations that made an income from those US bases..

1. Sure they do. .

Dredge your corn tortillas through some hot oil,place between paper towels,fill with diced beef fajita,chopped onion,cilantro,a squeeze of lime and some Queso Fresco and you're golden!!!
I liked them just fine until one night they were giving me free tacos, it turned out to be pig intestine tacos..And I refuse to eat animal organs, and they knew that..One bite told me to get rid of the taco to someone that like guts and tongue tacos...No problem as there was plenty of white dudes to give it away to..

I thought it was supposed to be more in a pro union state high minimum wage state?

It appears that a Right to work state low minimum wage state like Texas employers are less greedy by paying $4.75 more then minimum wage, while in Washington State they only pay $1 dollar more then minimum wage...

To be considered for employment, you must complete an online employment application (www.ttiinc.com).

**NO PHONE CALLS**

TTI, Inc., has been a leading specialty distributor of electronic components for over 40 years. We currently have multiple openings in our climate controlled, fast paced distribution centers.

Minimum starting wage is $11.00 per hour (Additional shift premium for 2nd shift of .65 cents per hour. 2nd shift begins at 12:00 p.m.)

GENERAL WAREHOUSE WORKER

General Warehouse Worker
Codel Entry Systems is looking for a General Warehouse Worker able to work various departments in a fast paced environment. Candidate must be eager and willing to work long hours if needed.
Job Duties
• Multiple warehouse related jobs such as Delivery Driver, machining doors and door frames, glazing doors, putting inventory away, loading trucks, Paint, Stain, etc.
• Must be familiar with hand tools, power tools, and MUST be able to read a tape measure

Starting Wage $12.00/hr

The $4.75 is about shift differential for second shift --------- on top of the MW. Then you pick and choose one company --------- then compared it to the whole state. Is that fair?

Again in my thread I later posted. pick any field and compare it from state to state city to city

I really don't care I have not seen any huge difference in pay rates across state lines when you narrow it down to if your say a tool maker in Tennessee compared to a tool maker in Wisconsin... (I am excluding union jobs)

The shift differential was only $1 more in my OP..it remains the same premise.. Who was paying more then their states minimum wage.

I thought it was one of the key claims of the anti-minimum wager crowd that a higher minimum wage drove up labor costs all up the scale?

Not from me, that's my biggest complaint, if minimum wage goes up to $28 bucks an hour I better be getting $112 bucks an hour to keep up with my way of life.

What ever you say dupe.

The desperate measures that Fed Raygunist measures necessitate...

What ever you say dupe.

Nah, just commiecrats being commiecrats. It doesn't affect me, I drive the Houston toll roads for free.

Nah, just commiecrats being commiecrats. It doesn't affect me, I drive the Houston toll roads for free.

They let the mobility scooters on the highways in Texas? For free?

**NO PHONE CALLS**

GENERAL WAREHOUSE WORKER

General Warehouse Worker
Job Duties

Starting Wage $12.00/hr

Not from me, that's my biggest complaint, if minimum wage goes up to $28 bucks an hour I better be getting $112 bucks an hour to keep up with my way of life.

Why talk about an absurdity?

Oh, wait, it's you...

Ignorance is bliss, I'm alright Jack.

Who would work for those wages? Pathetic. Do they expect hard work for 11 bucks an hour? Sick and sad those wages are. Ain't the USA great?

Does anyone else get the sense that the conservatives around here secretly wish that the big central government in DC would prohibit the states from having their own minimum wage higher than the federal minimum wage?

I liked them just fine until one night they were giving me free tacos, it turned out to be pig intestine tacos..And I refuse to eat animal organs, and they knew that..One bite told me to get rid of the taco to someone that like guts and tongue tacos...No problem as there was plenty of white dudes to give it away to..

You mean Buche. Which is a form of Tripa.

Forum List

Back