A question for liberals: Washington State MW=$11 an hour, Texas MW=$7.25 an hour ..

So why the fuck does both places pay warehouse workers $12 bucks an hour?

I thought it was supposed to be more in a pro union state high minimum wage state?

It appears that a Right to work state low minimum wage state like Texas employers are less greedy by paying $4.75 more then minimum wage, while in Washington State they only pay $1 dollar more then minimum wage...

I thought according to liberals a rising tide rises all boats?

Warehouse Positions - 2nd Shift, $11 - $12/hr

Warehouse Positions - 2nd Shift, $11 - $12/hr (Fort Worth) hide this posting
00T0T_iaqOozFWF85_600x450.jpg

compensation: Minimum of $11.00 per hour
employment type: full-time

To be considered for employment, you must complete an online employment application (www.ttiinc.com).

**NO PHONE CALLS**

**RESUMES NOT ACCEPTED - MUST COMPLETE ONLINE APPLICATION**

TTI, Inc., has been a leading specialty distributor of electronic components for over 40 years. We currently have multiple openings in our climate controlled, fast paced distribution centers.

Minimum starting wage is $11.00 per hour (Additional shift premium for 2nd shift of .65 cents per hour. 2nd shift begins at 12:00 p.m.)

Pay increases at 90 and 360 days during the first year

Temperature Controlled Environment

Background & Drug Test required

High School Diploma or GED required

Recent warehouse experience preferred

Specific openings and shift/pay rates are listed on the website

GENERAL WAREHOUSE WORKER

GENERAL WAREHOUSE WORKER (TACOMA) hide this posting
compensation: $12.00

General Warehouse Worker
Codel Entry Systems is looking for a General Warehouse Worker able to work various departments in a fast paced environment. Candidate must be eager and willing to work long hours if needed.
Job Duties
• Multiple warehouse related jobs such as Delivery Driver, machining doors and door frames, glazing doors, putting inventory away, loading trucks, Paint, Stain, etc.
Skills and Qualifications
• Must be familiar with hand tools, power tools, and MUST be able to read a tape measure
• Must be able to lift 75-100 lbs repeatedly
• Previous door shop experience desired, but not required
• Must have dependable transportation
• MUST be able to pass a drug test before being hired

Starting Wage $12.00/hr
Quality of life. Washington State has a Space Needle, Texas doesn't.

Washington State also has a State income tax, Texas doesn't.

Actually, no we don't. Oregon does though. As far as that goes, we only pay Federal Income Tax.

We also have a high sales tax rate. They recently increased it too. Depending on locale, can be anywhere from 9 to 10.4% in the Puget Sound area

My mistake, TX max sales tax is 8.25%, in unincorporated areas it's usually 6.25%.

We are taxed right out of our paychecks though in other ways.....sin tax, gas taxes are making prices just under CA (currently we pay just under $3 per gallon, but changes daily), several counties along Puget Sound area have to pay RTA (Rail Transit Authority..for that rail tunnel) that is included in our car tabs, bridge & hwy tolls and I don't know what else

But but liberals will say the quality of life is better...

What warehouse worker in their right mind living in Texas making $12 bucks an hour and living in a $500 dollar a month apartment would move to Seattle to make $12 bucks an hour and live in $1,500 dollar a month apartment?

Oh so he could have a better quality of life..

LMFAO...

Except that the ad was for TACOMA WASHINGTON.

Rents in Tacoma are around $500 - $600, same as Texas, and they have Obamacare, which Texas doesn't. It's largely white which you lot seem to think is important, and it's not full of Texans, which in my book is a HUGE bonus.

BS.....Where in the heck in Tacoma are rents only $500-$600???? That aren't downtown slums with bars on the windows?

What sort of accommodations would someone making minimum wage be looking for? When I was just out of school and making not much more than minimum wage, I had a furnished batchelor apartment in downtown Toronto that I shared with two friends from high school, one of whom slept on a mattress in the closet.

Deflection stay focused...

Again Washington is a huge pro Union state, has one of the biggest minimum wage in the United States and this company is only paying $1 dollar over minimum wage

The Right to work state Texas a company is paying $4.75 over minimum wage..

Only problem is $12 is our new minimum wage, sometime this year

Well that's even worse so these workers getting the jobs will not make $1 dollar more then minimum wage, but minimum wage...

How depressing for them to know that.

When you consider the cost of living those Seattle warehouse workers are getting screwed.

I don't think that was the point he was trying to make.

Or at least it isn't the point, I would make.

Whenever you talk to Left-wingers about the minimum wage, they try and make the claim that "without the minimum wage, employers would pay 5¢ an hour!".

It doesn't seem to matter that in Germany for example, they never had a minimum wage until just a year or two ago.... yet they didn't have a chronic problem of people being paid half a Euro an hour.

So the key factor I see here, is that even though they have a much lower minimum wage in Texas, they are paying relatively comparable wages to other states with higher minimum wages.

Again, to the right-wingers this is obvious. Wage is a function of supply of labor, verses the demand for labor. With, or without, any minimum wage laws, the wages will naturally float to the market level.

If you push up the price of labor, beyond the market level, those jobs move out, and the shadow economy moves in. (shadow economy referring to illegal under-the-table jobs, which naturally don't follow the minimum wage laws)

When you consider the cost of living those Seattle warehouse workers are getting screwed.

I don't think that was the point he was trying to make.

Or at least it isn't the point, I would make.

Whenever you talk to Left-wingers about the minimum wage, they try and make the claim that "without the minimum wage, employers would pay 5¢ an hour!".

It doesn't seem to matter that in Germany for example, they never had a minimum wage until just a year or two ago.... yet they didn't have a chronic problem of people being paid half a Euro an hour.

So the key factor I see here, is that even though they have a much lower minimum wage in Texas, they are paying relatively comparable wages to other states with higher minimum wages.

Again, to the right-wingers this is obvious. Wage is a function of supply of labor, verses the demand for labor. With, or without, any minimum wage laws, the wages will naturally float to the market level.

If you push up the price of labor, beyond the market level, those jobs move out, and the shadow economy moves in. (shadow economy referring to illegal under-the-table jobs, which naturally don't follow the minimum wage laws)

Oh I knew what he was getting at.
I figured I'd add to retardedness...

I thought it was supposed to be more in a pro union state high minimum wage state?

It appears that a Right to work state low minimum wage state like Texas employers are less greedy by paying $4.75 more then minimum wage, while in Washington State they only pay $1 dollar more then minimum wage...

To be considered for employment, you must complete an online employment application (www.ttiinc.com).

**NO PHONE CALLS**

TTI, Inc., has been a leading specialty distributor of electronic components for over 40 years. We currently have multiple openings in our climate controlled, fast paced distribution centers.

Minimum starting wage is $11.00 per hour (Additional shift premium for 2nd shift of .65 cents per hour. 2nd shift begins at 12:00 p.m.)

GENERAL WAREHOUSE WORKER

General Warehouse Worker
Codel Entry Systems is looking for a General Warehouse Worker able to work various departments in a fast paced environment. Candidate must be eager and willing to work long hours if needed.
Job Duties
• Multiple warehouse related jobs such as Delivery Driver, machining doors and door frames, glazing doors, putting inventory away, loading trucks, Paint, Stain, etc.
• Must be familiar with hand tools, power tools, and MUST be able to read a tape measure

Starting Wage $12.00/hr

Actually, no we don't. Oregon does though. As far as that goes, we only pay Federal Income Tax.

We also have a high sales tax rate. They recently increased it too. Depending on locale, can be anywhere from 9 to 10.4% in the Puget Sound area

My mistake, TX max sales tax is 8.25%, in unincorporated areas it's usually 6.25%.

We are taxed right out of our paychecks though in other ways.....sin tax, gas taxes are making prices just under CA (currently we pay just under $3 per gallon, but changes daily), several counties along Puget Sound area have to pay RTA (Rail Transit Authority..for that rail tunnel) that is included in our car tabs, bridge & hwy tolls and I don't know what else

Is there any place in Washington State that has reasonable rent near a huge manufacturing city?

In Illinois we have / had (when I lived there) Elk Grove village, the rent at the time around there 1980s ~ 1990s) was around $900 a month but not to bad with $25 dollar an hour plus skilled jobs ...

**NO PHONE CALLS**

GENERAL WAREHOUSE WORKER

General Warehouse Worker
Job Duties

Starting Wage $12.00/hr

Yep about all large cities have public trans taxes, and TX is getting big on toll roads and bridges, our gas here is 2.15 for regular. They built a highway flyover connecting two free roads in the Woodlands, TX and it is tolled.

Yep about all large cities have public trans taxes, and TX is getting big on toll roads and bridges, our gas here is 2.15 for regular. They built a highway flyover connecting two free roads in the Woodlands, TX and it is tolled.

Upstate of South Carolina built one also about 20 years ago, like 18 cars use it a day and the rest go around it for Free...what a waste...

Is there any place in Washington State that has reasonable rent near a huge manufacturing city?

In Illinois we have / had (when I lived there) Elk Grove village, the rent at the time around there 1980s ~ 1990s) was around $900 a month but not to bad with $25 dollar an hour plus skilled jobs ...

All depends on what you consider reasonable vs where you end up working. My first thought would be to suggest anywhere near (within 10-20 miles) an active Boeing plant, but also have to take commute issues into account....and you better have the job & home lined up before you get here.

In Tacoma area, there is the tide flats that is all shipping/manufacturing. Spokane does have a Boeing plant and I'm sure other jobs as well and tends to be just a hair cheaper than the Puget Sound area across the board for costs.

There is also Amazon, Microsoft, and a host of other companies around and many distribution centers, not sure what the going pay would be though. Traffic is always a problem during the peak hours & in some areas can take 2+ hours just to get into or out of an area that would only take 20 minutes any other time......that eats at gas & car maintainence. If you use the toll lanes (for 2 or more riders) to go faster/farther than regular traffic.......you will be charged (photo enforced) or if you use one of the bridges on a daily basis you pay thru the nose ($5-$7 PER TRIP/day)

All I can say is people don't take into account the differences between pay & expenses here and many are shocked to find out just how much it does cost. And that includes other expenses than just shelter, utilities, transportation or other 'necessities'

Our gas prices vary depending on area, but in PS is running $2.60+. And that damn RTA AKA Pain in the Butt Bertha.....has broke down so many times & has so many cost overruns it's not even funny. It's supposed to be for commuter train from Oly to north of Seattle, along or near the coast line.....which is only good for those that live and work within reasonable distance of it. Most live and work outside of that parameter, yet still have to foot the bill.

Texans for Toll Free Highways Heavily Reform Toll Roads by legislation or litigation! Sign the Petition.

Texans for Toll Free Highways Heavily Reform Toll Roads by legislation or litigation! Sign the Petition.

The legislature is considering a buy out plan, I hope it passes, but I won't hold my breath.

I ran across an article a year or two back that talked about the effect the m-wage has had on UE for young people. In Washington state, they passed an m-wage law some 20 years ago that didn't have much effect on the overall employment numbers but did have a deleterious effect on young people's UE, particularly minorities. Hafta say, for a party that says they're for the poor and minorities, their policies haven't done much for them. But anyway, I don't think there's much doubt that the effect of significant raises to the m-wage really hurts young people trying to get their 1st job. Those jobs are getting automated or are disappearing and that ain't good for anybody, them or us.

5. Texas
  • Percentage of the state’s of hourly workers who earn at or below minimum wage: 6.4%
  • Number of hourly workers in this state who earn at or below minimum wage: 400,000
  • Number of hourly workers in the state who are paid exactly minimum wage: 223,000
  • Percentage distribution: An astonishing 12.1% of U.S. workers earning minimum wage or less live in Texas
Most of the "low tax" South?

I read your mind dofus...

The rich in Washington State can literally, pass through the eye of a Space Needle; Texans, can't.

Can you comprehend my OP?

The company in Texas is paying $4.75 more an hour then Minimum wage, the company in Washington State is only paying $1 dollar more then minimum wage

Do you even know how to balance a check book?

Local taxes pay for local infrastructure.

Texas has the Johnson Space Center.

Johnson Space Center Home
for federal purposes, not State purposes. Where is the separate but equal, Texas Space Center?

OP- The point is those are the best warehouse jobs in Texas...and considering GOP "facts" probably don't exist...And this is Tacoma, not Seattle.

I just did a quick search for industrial maintenance jobs in Texas and wanted to compare Washington State and noticed the warehouse jobs..

And what happened to the Unions? I thought they were supposed to raise the pay of everyone in a pro union state?
Reagan and Reaganism happened to them DUHHHHHH. Thanks GOP and silly dupes....

OP- Anecdotal, so doesn't mean a dam thing. Breaking- Quality of life and opportunity have been going down EVERYWHERE the last 35 years, dupes. NY is getting free or very cheap college under Cuomo now- Corporate media says it's a first. BS!! Lots of states had this in the 50's and 60's until Raygun came along. Great job, New BS GOP and silly dupes.

What warehouse worker in their right mind living in Texas making $12 bucks an hour and living in a $500 dollar a month apartment would move to Seattle to make $12 bucks an hour and live in $1,500 dollar a month apartment?

LMFAO...

There is a better selection of seafood in Seattle..for one, and secondly, there would be no Texicans in Seattle, and that makes it worthwhile..

Houston has a excellent selection of Seafood Houses and real Mexican food.

Nah------ Houston and other part of Texas has excellent seafood. Been to Texas many many times but ----------- they cannot come close to Washington seafood selections. They also have very good Mexican restaurants that also served seafood like tilapia and clam burritos or raw or cooked oyster tacos.

I posted several times in a separate thread specifically with BEAR and his fascination about MW in Seattle.
My relatives own 2 large seafood restaurants in Seattle area and most of my relatives work for the city and Boeing.

The legislature is considering a buy out plan, I hope it passes, but I won't hold my breath.
EVERYWHERE has high state and local taxes and fees to make up for lower fed aid, all to save the greedy idiot GOP rich from paying their fair share the last 35 years. The GOP just LOVES dividing us up, here about states. Wake up! Count ALL taxes and fees and we have a flat tax with basically ALL new wealth staying with the richest and the country slowly going to hell. "I know, a tax cut for the rich!" Enjoy, dupes...

Last edited:

EVERYWHERE has high state and local taxes and fees to make up for lower fed aid, all to save the greedy idiot GOP rich from paying their fair share the last 35 years. The GOP just LOVES dividing us up, here about states. Wake up!

What ever you say dupe.

LMFAO...

If the best job someone can get is warehouse worker, no they're not going to be moving to Seattle. Like most blue areas, they value knowledge and pay for it. Unfortunately, the free market does what it does with the price of housing.

Forum List

Back