A question for liberals: Washington State MW=$11 an hour, Texas MW=$7.25 an hour ..

So why the fuck does both places pay warehouse workers $12 bucks an hour?

I thought it was supposed to be more in a pro union state high minimum wage state?

It appears that a Right to work state low minimum wage state like Texas employers are less greedy by paying $4.75 more then minimum wage, while in Washington State they only pay $1 dollar more then minimum wage...

I thought according to liberals a rising tide rises all boats?

Warehouse Positions - 2nd Shift, $11 - $12/hr

Warehouse Positions - 2nd Shift, $11 - $12/hr (Fort Worth) hide this posting
00T0T_iaqOozFWF85_600x450.jpg

compensation: Minimum of $11.00 per hour
employment type: full-time

To be considered for employment, you must complete an online employment application (www.ttiinc.com).

**NO PHONE CALLS**

**RESUMES NOT ACCEPTED - MUST COMPLETE ONLINE APPLICATION**

TTI, Inc., has been a leading specialty distributor of electronic components for over 40 years. We currently have multiple openings in our climate controlled, fast paced distribution centers.

Minimum starting wage is $11.00 per hour (Additional shift premium for 2nd shift of .65 cents per hour. 2nd shift begins at 12:00 p.m.)

Pay increases at 90 and 360 days during the first year

Temperature Controlled Environment

Background & Drug Test required

High School Diploma or GED required

Recent warehouse experience preferred

Specific openings and shift/pay rates are listed on the website

GENERAL WAREHOUSE WORKER

GENERAL WAREHOUSE WORKER (TACOMA) hide this posting
compensation: $12.00

General Warehouse Worker
Codel Entry Systems is looking for a General Warehouse Worker able to work various departments in a fast paced environment. Candidate must be eager and willing to work long hours if needed.
Job Duties
• Multiple warehouse related jobs such as Delivery Driver, machining doors and door frames, glazing doors, putting inventory away, loading trucks, Paint, Stain, etc.
Skills and Qualifications
• Must be familiar with hand tools, power tools, and MUST be able to read a tape measure
• Must be able to lift 75-100 lbs repeatedly
• Previous door shop experience desired, but not required
• Must have dependable transportation
• MUST be able to pass a drug test before being hired

Starting Wage $12.00/hr
Quality of life. Washington State has a Space Needle, Texas doesn't.

I read your mind dofus...

The rich in Washington State can literally, pass through the eye of a Space Needle; Texans, can't.

Can you comprehend my OP?

The company in Texas is paying $4.75 more an hour then Minimum wage, the company in Washington State is only paying $1 dollar more then minimum wage

Do you even know how to balance a check book?

Local taxes pay for local infrastructure.

Texas has the Johnson Space Center.

Johnson Space Center Home

When you consider the cost of living those Seattle warehouse workers are getting screwed.

But but liberals will say the quality of life is better...

What warehouse worker in their right mind living in Texas making $12 bucks an hour and living in a $500 dollar a month apartment would move to Seattle to make $12 bucks an hour and live in $1,500 dollar a month apartment?

Oh so he could have a better quality of life..

LMFAO...

There is a better selection of seafood in Seattle..for one, and secondly, there would be no Texicans in Seattle, and that makes it worthwhile..

Houston has a excellent selection of Seafood Houses and real Mexican food.

There is a better selection of seafood in Seattle..for one, and secondly, there would be no Texicans in Seattle, and that makes it worthwhile..

Better selection of seafood?
The Gulf Coast has a shitload of seafood.
Not cold water varieties..

Seattle doesnt have the warm water varieties.

Do ya'll have Chinook Salmon? Steelhead??? Now that's some good eatin'......if you can afford it.

Dang now I am hungry for some fish, Fratz around here has some pretty good salmon that and a ice cold beer sounds good right about now.

You have not lived until you've had Native American style Alder smoked Salmon over an open fire pit......Something like this.....

upload_2017-4-11_9-41-16.png

5. Texas
  • Percentage of the state’s of hourly workers who earn at or below minimum wage: 6.4%
  • Number of hourly workers in this state who earn at or below minimum wage: 400,000
  • Number of hourly workers in the state who are paid exactly minimum wage: 223,000
  • Percentage distribution: An astonishing 12.1% of U.S. workers earning minimum wage or less live in Texas

Translation ~ you have nothing to defute on my op...

Again a warehouse company in Texas is paying $4.75 over minimum wage

A warehouse company in Washington State is paying only $1 dollar over minimum wage

The liberal talking point of rising all boats is pure bullshit

BTW your link is bullshit, just go to CR or any of the other job boards and compare wages for similar jobs like I did in this thread

So you think Washington's MacDonald's pay 7.75 an hour (when the minimum wage is 11.00)?

lol

I thought it was supposed to be more in a pro union state high minimum wage state?

It appears that a Right to work state low minimum wage state like Texas employers are less greedy by paying $4.75 more then minimum wage, while in Washington State they only pay $1 dollar more then minimum wage...

To be considered for employment, you must complete an online employment application (www.ttiinc.com).

**NO PHONE CALLS**

TTI, Inc., has been a leading specialty distributor of electronic components for over 40 years. We currently have multiple openings in our climate controlled, fast paced distribution centers.

Minimum starting wage is $11.00 per hour (Additional shift premium for 2nd shift of .65 cents per hour. 2nd shift begins at 12:00 p.m.)

GENERAL WAREHOUSE WORKER

General Warehouse Worker
Codel Entry Systems is looking for a General Warehouse Worker able to work various departments in a fast paced environment. Candidate must be eager and willing to work long hours if needed.
Job Duties
• Multiple warehouse related jobs such as Delivery Driver, machining doors and door frames, glazing doors, putting inventory away, loading trucks, Paint, Stain, etc.
• Must be familiar with hand tools, power tools, and MUST be able to read a tape measure

Starting Wage $12.00/hr

Washington State warehouse worker only $1 dollar more an hour then minimum wage

Texas warehouse worker $4.75 an hour more then minimum wage..

This is proof positive that raising the National minimum wage = trickle up poverty.

An anecdote is not proof of anything.

**NO PHONE CALLS**

GENERAL WAREHOUSE WORKER

General Warehouse Worker
Job Duties

Starting Wage $12.00/hr

Now you know why we have such a large homeless population

Actually, red states own almost all of the top-10 in terms of homeless population.

10 Most Homeless States in America

Perhaps, IDK....but there was a thread here last year about the homeless crisis in Seattle and how the Mayor was pleading for outside help

5. Texas
  • Percentage of the state’s of hourly workers who earn at or below minimum wage: 6.4%
  • Number of hourly workers in this state who earn at or below minimum wage: 400,000
  • Number of hourly workers in the state who are paid exactly minimum wage: 223,000
  • Percentage distribution: An astonishing 12.1% of U.S. workers earning minimum wage or less live in Texas

A warehouse company in Washington State is paying only $1 dollar over minimum wage

Your OP is idiocy. You start out talking about minimum wage, and the next thing you know you're comparing jobs that aren't minimum wage.

lol, why don't you tell us the difference between physicians' salaries in WA and TX, and then relate that to minimum wage.

The answer is simple:

In Washington, warehouse workers are considered to be minimally educated with no significant jobs skills.

In Texas, warehouse workers are considered to be the intellectual elite.

5. Texas

BTW your link is bullshit, just go to CR or any of the other job boards and compare wages for similar jobs like I did in this thread

So you think Washington's MacDonald's pay 7.75 an hour (when the minimum wage is 11.00)?

lol

Very funny who the heck would compare minimum wage jobs, you know I am talking the following

1. Wages above the states minimum wage

2. RTW Vs Union states

3. Liberals talking point of raising the national minimum wage raises wages/wealth for all

**NO PHONE CALLS**

GENERAL WAREHOUSE WORKER

General Warehouse Worker
Job Duties

Starting Wage $12.00/hr

Washington State warehouse worker only $1 dollar more an hour then minimum wage

Texas warehouse worker $4.75 an hour more then minimum wage..

This is proof positive that raising the National minimum wage = trickle up poverty.

An anecdote is not proof of anything.

It is proof search the states for yourself, I always check who is making what in my business to see if I am getting ripped off and move again

Again go right now to one of the job boards and compare your trade.

When you consider the cost of living those Seattle warehouse workers are getting screwed.

What warehouse worker in their right mind living in Texas making $12 bucks an hour and living in a $500 dollar a month apartment would move to Seattle to make $12 bucks an hour and live in $1,500 dollar a month apartment?

LMFAO...

Except that the ad was for TACOMA WASHINGTON.

Rents in Tacoma are around $500 - $600, same as Texas, and they have Obamacare, which Texas doesn't. It's largely white which you lot seem to think is important, and it's not full of Texans, which in my book is a HUGE bonus.

LMFAO...

Rents in Tacoma are around $500 - $600, same as Texas, and they have Obamacare, which Texas doesn't. It's largely white which you lot seem to think is important, and it's not full of Texans, which in my book is a HUGE bonus.

BS.....Where in the heck in Tacoma are rents only $500-$600???? That aren't downtown slums with bars on the windows?

LMFAO...

Tacoma, Washington Cost of Living

Houston, Texas Cost of Living

LMFAO...

BS.....Where in the heck in Tacoma are rents only $500-$600???? That aren't downtown slums with bars on the windows?

What sort of accommodations would someone making minimum wage be looking for? When I was just out of school and making not much more than minimum wage, I had a furnished batchelor apartment in downtown Toronto that I shared with two friends from high school, one of whom slept on a mattress in the closet.

LMFAO...

What sort of accommodations would someone making minimum wage be looking for? When I was just out of school and making not much more than minimum wage, I had a furnished batchelor apartment in downtown Toronto that I shared with two friends from high school, one of whom slept on a mattress in the closet.

Deflection stay focused...

Again Washington is a huge pro Union state, has one of the biggest minimum wage in the United States and this company is only paying $1 dollar over minimum wage

The Right to work state Texas a company is paying $4.75 over minimum wage..

LMFAO...

Go to CL and look for yourself Tacoma and Seattle are in the same category...

I don't care what city and state you pick search the jobs and compare yourself...

**NO PHONE CALLS**

GENERAL WAREHOUSE WORKER

General Warehouse Worker
Job Duties

Starting Wage $12.00/hr

Washington State also has a State income tax, Texas doesn't.

Actually, no we don't. Oregon does though. As far as that goes, we only pay Federal Income Tax.

We also have a high sales tax rate. They recently increased it too. Depending on locale, can be anywhere from 9 to 10.4% in the Puget Sound area

My mistake, TX max sales tax is 8.25%, in unincorporated areas it's usually 6.25%.

LMFAO...

That's one thing......but how safe was your neighborhood??? That is something altogether different. Where did you come up with your numbers for rent? About all I can find anywhere near that is in Lakewood.....which is a rough part of town...outside of Tacoma.

And I LIVE here

LMFAO...

Deflection stay focused...

Again Washington is a huge pro Union state, has one of the biggest minimum wage in the United States and this company is only paying $1 dollar over minimum wage

The Right to work state Texas a company is paying $4.75 over minimum wage..

Only problem is $12 is our new minimum wage, sometime this year

Forum List

Back