A question what if they lower the minimum wage to $2 an hour

Just curious on your thoughts? I would think the unemployment rate would drop to 3%. salarys would rise for middle class workers {less competition}. the illegals would go back to mexico {heck they could make that much there} no one would really make $2 bucks an hour and even if they did we would just give them foodstamps and stuff like we already do now with the minimum wage at $7.25.
Side Note: All I am is just a plastic industrial maintenance man I get paid to fix machines not how to spell or use correct grammer......

If I am paying someone $7.50 an hour to sweep the floors and I now have to only pay $2.00 an hour.....am I going to hire more floor sweepers?

Or will I just pocket the extra money?

it would depend a 5000 sq ft factory or a local micky d's? more labor in that case would get the job done faster. Also wouldnt a high skill cnc factory be willing to hire more low skill wrokers and teach them the trade? you would be amazed at the diamonds in the ruff you could find if you could afford to give more a chance. right now with high unemployment folks are real picky who they hire.

Just curious on your thoughts? I would think the unemployment rate would drop to 3%. salarys would rise for middle class workers {less competition}. the illegals would go back to mexico {heck they could make that much there} no one would really make $2 bucks an hour and even if they did we would just give them foodstamps and stuff like we already do now with the minimum wage at $7.25.
Side Note: All I am is just a plastic industrial maintenance man I get paid to fix machines not how to spell or use correct grammer......

If I am paying someone $7.50 an hour to sweep the floors and I now have to only pay $2.00 an hour.....am I going to hire more floor sweepers?

it would depend a 5000 sq ft factory or a local micky d's? more labor in that case would get the job done faster. Also wouldnt a high skill cnc factory be willing to hire more low skill wrokers and teach them the trade? you would be amazed at the diamonds in the ruff you could find if you could afford to give more a chance. right now with high unemployment folks are real picky who they hire.

If Mickey Ds has six workers a shift at $7.50 an hour will they hire twenty two workers a shift at $2.00 an hour?

CNC jobs are not minimum wage and I would not hire someone at $2 an hour to operate critical high skilled machinery

Census Bureau data confirm that approximately 40 percent of the beneficiaries of the most recent federal minimum wage increase in 2009 were teens or others living with a parent or relative.

For instance, Schiller looked at adults with children who earned less than $10,000 each year from their job. He found that:

• Nearly half of these low wage,low income workers had a spouse that earned more than $40,000 a year;
  • Another 16 percent had spouses earning between $30,000 and $40,000 a year;
  • And 12 percent had spouses earning between $20,000 and $30,000 each year.

Employment Policies Institute | Just Getting By? Income Dependence on Minimum Wage Jobs

All wages across the board would be lowered. If you hire someone in at $2.00/hr and train them on a CNC machine and lets say they get a 25% raise per year, which would never happen, by year 5 they would be making around $6.25/hr. Why would they keep some guy making $25.00/hr when they could train someone that in five years would be making only $6.25/hr?

Anyone on their own in the world working for 2 bucks an hour is going to get your tax dollars in government assistance for most of the rest of their needs.

Is that what you want? Do you want to pay the corporate profits for the shareholders of MacDonalds out of your taxes?

If Mickey Ds has six workers a shift at $7.50 an hour will they hire twenty two workers a shift at $2.00 an hour?

CNC jobs are not minimum wage and I would not hire someone at $2 an hour to operate critical high skilled machinery

so is injetion molding machines and robotics. in 1983 at 18 years old I started as an operator making $3.35 an hour, 4 years latter I was the operation manager of that small shop, 9 machines 20 people. {the owner saw my potetional and sent me to night school mold making and countelss seminars} left there and was making $45.000 a year with a company car and expense account all at the age of 23 years old. I can pick and choose in life with the skiils that I made just because of that little $3.35 an hour operator job.

so is injetion molding machines and robotics. in 1983 at 18 years old I started as an operator making $3.35 an hour, 4 years latter I was the operation manager of that small shop, 9 machines 20 people. {the owner saw my potetional and sent me to night school mold making and countelss seminars} left there and was making $45.000 a year with a company car and expense account all at the age of 23 years old. I can pick and choose in life with the skiils that I made just because of that little $3.35 an hour operator job.

But things have changed. I was driving past a Burger King a while ago and saw a sign looking for "experienced" fry cooks. Since when were fast food restaurants requiring experience to flip burgers?

What happened to the other 20 people?

Did they go on to run the company too?

What happened to the other 20 people?

Did they go on to run the company too?

??? well the girl who was the secretary at the time and latter my girlfriend became a millionare and runs her own consulting firm. one tool maker started his own shop and lost it in 2005. the others have no idea, that company is still running today and still a mom and pop place.

Forum List

Back