A Real Term Limit

There is no need for term limits, the situation could be addressed by a simple federal law stating that no pay or remuneration of any kind may be received beyond an elected officials term in office. If the retirements and other perks go away they will be less likely to stay in elected office for 30 years.

Agree. Why should a politician continue to receive pay and perks beyond their actual term? They are generally already wealthy before taking office. After leaving office many become very well paid lobbyists.

No, the order is correct. Power, money, corruption.

Money is the root of it all. If you can't recognize that, things will never change. All you're doing is spouting slogans that don't mean anything. To limit the government you have to take the money aspect out of it first. You're putting the cart before the horse.

No I'm not. The love of money is the root of all evil.....The reason there is money in politics is because there is power. If politicians have limited power what leverage would they have to help a business make more money. They couldn't, thus corporations would invest their money elsewhere.

Politicians are rich because they have control. Who you think is richer.... A state Senator or a Federal Senator? Why? POWER. Money doesn't buy you power....power makes you money.

Money IS power. If special interests were no longer able to contribute to campaigns and effectively buy votes, their power goes down the drain. If we, the average citizen, want the power, we've got to do the paying.

Money is the root of it all. If you can't recognize that, things will never change. All you're doing is spouting slogans that don't mean anything. To limit the government you have to take the money aspect out of it first. You're putting the cart before the horse.

No I'm not. The love of money is the root of all evil.....The reason there is money in politics is because there is power. If politicians have limited power what leverage would they have to help a business make more money. They couldn't, thus corporations would invest their money elsewhere.

Politicians are rich because they have control. Who you think is richer.... A state Senator or a Federal Senator? Why? POWER. Money doesn't buy you power....power makes you money.

Money IS power. If special interests were no longer able to contribute to campaigns and effectively buy votes, their power goes down the drain. If we, the average citizen, want the power, we've got to do the paying.

Easiest way to fix that is limit contributions to the particular area a politician represents, ie a single congressional district. For a lobbyist to contribute to all congressmen they would need an office in every district, not just in DC.

Answer me this. Why would someone contribute millions of dollars to get someone elected?

The only choice we have into making sure government is for the people is to limit the power the government has over the people.
Limit the power thus limiting the money thus limiting corruption.

The problem with this is that everyone has a different idea of who the people are that the government should not control. It is always "don't control me but you should really control them".

There should be no distinction. Liberty to all.

There is always a distinction. We don't live in a world as it should be, we live in it as it is.

The problem with this is that everyone has a different idea of who the people are that the government should not control. It is always "don't control me but you should really control them".

There should be no distinction. Liberty to all.

There is always a distinction. We don't live in a world as it should be, we live in it as it is.

That is my point...change it.

Following the US Constitution is a great place to start.

Answer me this. Why would someone contribute millions of dollars to get someone elected?

Ask the ones that tried to get Romney elected.

There is no need for term limits, the situation could be addressed by a simple federal law stating that no pay or remuneration of any kind may be received beyond an elected officials term in office. If the retirements and other perks go away they will be less likely to stay in elected office for 30 years.

Agree. Why should a politician continue to receive pay and perks beyond their actual term? They are generally already wealthy before taking office. After leaving office many become very well paid lobbyists.

And any Bill brought before the Congress or Senate would receive a Nay! vote if it procedurally get that far.

Ask the ones that tried to get Romney elected.

Maybe we should be asking the one who won that is now a Multi-millionaire and has someone building a $35 million dollar mansion in Hawaii. Strangely we continue to find this "winner" has almost as many aliases as convicted con men.
How many elected presidents have as many aliases before they were elected? Will Harrison, Barry, or Barack ever answer that question
08211ONE.jpg

082211TWO.jpg

082211THREE.jpg

Forum List

Back