A reminder about the $6 billion dollars for Iran

The conflict is over a hundred years old.

Here's an oldie but goodie.

Pretty prophetic for 1991.

"When Iranian revolutionaries entered the U.S. embassy in Tehran in 1979 and seized 52 Americans, President Jimmy Carter dismissed reminders of America’s long intervention in Iran as “ancient history.” Carter’s point was not merely that previous U.S. policy could not excuse the hostage taking. His adjective also implied that there was nothing of value to be learned from that history. In his view, dredging up old matters was more than unhelpful; it was also dangerous, presumably because it could only serve the interests of America’s adversaries. Thus, to raise historical issues was at least unpatriotic and maybe worse."

"As the United States finds itself in the aftermath of another crisis in the Middle East, it is worth the risk of opprobrium to ask why there should be hostility toward America in that region. Some insight can be gained by surveying official U.S. conduct in the Middle East since the end of World War II. Acknowledged herein is a fundamental, yet deplorably overlooked, distinction between understanding and excusing. The purpose of this survey is not to pardon acts of violence against innocent people but to understand the reasons that drive people to violent political acts.[2] The stubborn and often self‐serving notion that the historical record is irrelevant because political violence is inexcusable ensures that Americans will be caught in crises in the Middle East and elsewhere for many years to come."

That doesnt mean we need to help fund the side of evil does it? Make no mistake, Iran and Hamas are on the side of evil, Iran is sending money, and arms to Hamas so any money we send or free up for Iran is funding evil.

Sadly, many posters rely on Don Trump Jr. for their news, which is as sad as Don Jr. is stupid.

Let me help you out.

I haven't "seen" the funds in my retirement accounts as well. However, knowing they are there allows me TODAY to spend money on things I might not be able to, if those future funds were not there.

That doesnt mean we need to help fund the side of evil does it? Make no mistake, Iran and Hamas are on the side of evil, Iran is sending money, and arms to Hamas so any money we send or free up for Iran is funding evil.
Reminds us all of Vietnam where we chose the wrong side.

War is evil.
Peace is not.

Iran doesn't need our money to export weapons to Hamas. Aren't they also selling weapons to Russia?

I don't think anyone is making the claim that Iran went down to the bank pulled that specific 6 billion out and delivered it in cash to Hamas. Iran knows its getting that money so it can use money it would have normally put towards things this "new money" can be used for into it's favorite pet project which just so happens to be terrorism and specifically terrorism against Israel. Not sure why that's even controversial.
And it's not how international banking works.
The money is either withdrawn from an account, or it is borrowed on credit.
And neither has happened.

I haven't "seen" the funds in my retirement accounts as well. However, knowing they are there allows me TODAY to spend money on things I might not be able to, if those future funds were not there.
Of course, that's also what the employees at ENRON thought.

Miss the point more.
Actually you miss the point. That was previously embargoed Iranian funds that they can't depend on. Why can't they depend on them?

written by Charlie Tobias

Uncle Sam replied.
We did it before and we can do it again
And we will do it again

We've got a heck of a job to do
But you can bet we'll see it thru.
We did it before and we can do it again
And we will do it again

The obvious question now is why don't we change course and again restrict all of the money? Can we get it back from the Qatari bank? We should get it back, put it into our general fund, and send Israel $6bn worth of military hardware. Fuck Iran!

Forum List

Back