A simple economic lesson... raise capital gains to 43% will do what?

Why do you always lie?

Forty seven percent of workers pay no Federal income tax. How much less do you think they should pay. Do you not believe that everyone should pay for the privilege of living in this great country?
Did you forget that we’re debating the ultra rich not poor workers?

Poor workers have little income, but you still want them to pay income taxes. Sad and dumb. Surely you know they pay other taxes which greatly harm them. I know I know you don’t care about the working poor. Fuck those losers. Right?

Wall Street failed in 2008 because the idiot Democrats passed that stupid CRA that used government influence to put pressure on lenders to give credit to people that had neither the inclination or means to it back. It destroyed the housing market and everything came crashing down.

But of course The Worthless Negro bailed out his Wall Street buddies that gave him a shitload of campaign donations.
Pure mindless BULLSHIT.
You have the 1977 CRA confused with BUSH'S Dec 2003 ADDI.

You are assuming the 35% of Americans that own stock are 100% all in the highest tax bracket.

Nice try, dummy.
Are you assuming that stocks are fairly evenly distributed among the 35% with the only slightly more held by the top, when actually the bottom 80% have only 7% of the stock equity?

Maybe, maybe not. We need to stop the mindset of "we need to spend more money, so let's keep raising taxes". Sure, maybe, right now, cutting taxes isn't feasible. Long term? Absolutely. Right now, they need to be finding ways to cut spending, and to stop wasting money.

Once we get this all under control, then we can work toward lowering taxes.

Borrowing money to spend on stuff, and then pay it back with taxpayer money is never the best option. By doing that, you are creating perpetual debt that can never be paid off. All debt is created with interest. Even if you paid every cent of debt owed, you'd still have all that interest to pay. There is always more debt than there is money to pay it. So, to pay the interest, you'd have to borrow more money, which is tied to interest of its own.

The point is, it's a lie that we could ever pay down the debt, let alone pay it off. It just can't happen.

Borrow and repay is the worst possible situation. What they should be doing is cut spending.

Again, I'm NOT interested in your fairy tales. You all had a Republican House, Congress and Trump in the White House and the debt went up. Nothing was cut. If it's wasn't done then, it's not ever going to be done.

Do you really want to go there? Do you really want to pretend that the Chinese did not unleash the COVID-19 virus?

Besides, hasn't Harris/Biden/Pelosi increased the debt by about eight trillion dollars already?

I'm not interested in your hyperbole but As I've said many times, when you don't hold your guy responsible, it will only continue to get worse with the next one.

Biden's tax hike would apply only to individuals who make 1 million a year I assume it will be 2 million for couples filing jointly.

This is adjusted gross income.

This is an easy tax to avoid all any super rich investor has to do is sell less than 1 million dollars worth of his assets annually.

Screaming a response, in bold text only makes what you post more difficult to read and therefore much easier to ignore.

Go granny, go granny, go granny, go!

REALLY??? I THINK IT'S MUCH EASIER AND CLEARER TO READ! NOT THAT YOU FOOLS BOTHER TO READ ANYTHING. ESPECIALLY SOMETHING WHICH CHALLENGES AND REFUTES YOUR MOST CLOSELY HELD BELIEFS.

Did you forget that we’re debating the ultra rich not poor workers?

Poor workers have little income, but you still want them to pay income taxes. Sad and dumb. Surely you know they pay other taxes which greatly harm them. I know I know you don’t care about the working poor. Fuck those losers. Right?
sure they use the roads and offices that every american uses. Why shouldn't poor people pay their fair share? Why do you protect them? It's really Ironic how little most of you idiots in here understand about wages. People who are rich earned over time and invested it. They don't make million dollar salaries annually. you all are truly ignorant of most things USA. I once thought you had a brain.

You're trying to discuss economics with people who have received their education and training from Limbaugh, Hannity and Carlson.

I do admire your patience, but I'm sure you're not hoping to break through.
you should read up on how many rich people earn a million a year. hahahahahahahahahahaha you think because someone has money it's what they earn annually. tooo fking funny.

you should read up on how many rich people earn a million a year. hahahahahahahahahahaha you think because someone has money it's what they earn annually. tooo fking funny.
As a 21+ year Financial Advisor, CFP/ChFC/CLU, that's not what I think.

I do know, however, that you're just another ignorant, arrogant Trumpster.

I wasn't going to comment but I read some of yours and john doe's posts. Even the OP is idiotic. I don't like the dems 3.5 trillion dollar bill and imo if it passes we will have so much inflation that the fed will have to cause a recession, and if we are still pumping in money with stuff like extended tax credits, even the Fed may be unable to fully end inflation.

BUT cap gains is not even a side show in this.

I wasn't going to comment but I read some of yours and john doe's posts. Even the OP is idiotic. I don't like the dems 3.5 trillion dollar bill and imo if it passes we will have so much inflation that the fed will have to cause a recession, and if we are still pumping in money with stuff like extended tax credits, even the Fed may be unable to fully end inflation.

BUT cap gains is not even a side show in this.
Cap gains will be pretty risky. I saw an interview with Manchin, and I think I heard him say that he is FOR increasing them. That was a little surprising.

It doesn't look like the $3.5T is going to hold, so we'll see where they back off on taxes, if at all.

Cap gains will be pretty risky. I saw an interview with Manchin, and I think I heard him say that he is FOR increasing them. That was a little surprising.

It doesn't look like the $3.5T is going to hold, so we'll see where they back off on taxes, if at all.
upping the cap gains by the 3% or whatever they're discussing isn't going to make drastic changes in people's behaviors.

We DO have serious problems. Inflation in housing and food are NOT going away, and their core causes are largely caused by the dems ... or gopers, really. We are short something like one to three million housing units, AND interest rates are cheap. Global warming is decreasing crops, esp in the West, and CA accounts for probably more that 50% of our produce. The dems chance pouring gas on a fire with more public cash benefits.

But both dems and gopers know workers need to make more. And most dems or near half anyway know more deficit spending is not a good idea, because we already have soc sec and medicare forced deficits.

well if you were an actual advisor, then you'd know that if people don't earn an annual million, then the capital gains rate doesn't affect them. Which therefore means that tax is a useless increase based on possible candidates for it.

Forum List

Back