Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Whatever

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

JBvM

VIP Member
Jun 7, 2018
... ... ...
Recently viewed an old movie. In the film there was a riveting scene, where one simple question was asked over, and over and over again during an interrogation: "Is it safe?" One issue it brought forward for me was how not too long ago, we in the US-of-A argued over how to define torture. Without getting caught up too deeply into the personalities and politics of that debate, I wonder if it is possible to discuss the subject of torture in an honest and open way.

Would drilling into a man's teeth be considered an enhanced interrogation technique, or would it qualify as torture? And why? Why on any answer.

"Zis tooth is dead! I shall haf to open a fresh nerve." :auiqs.jpg:

Torture. I believe causing permanent damage is the line between.

Recently viewed an old movie. In the film there was a riveting scene, where one simple question was asked over, and over and over again during an interrogation: "Is it safe?" One issue it brought forward for me was how not too long ago, we in the US-of-A argued over how to define torture. Without getting caught up too deeply into the personalities and politics of that debate, I wonder if it is possible to discuss the subject of torture in an honest and open way.

Would drilling into a man's teeth be considered an enhanced interrogation technique, or would it qualify as torture? And why? Why on any answer.
Are you some kind of pervert? No, we don't discuss torture here in an open and honest way. I am sure there are sites for that. Go there.

Recently viewed an old movie.

That puts me in my place! Marathon Man was released in 1976. I remember seeing it on a date. If an old movie can be defended Ned as one from the mid 1970s, I figure they'll saw me in two so they can count the rings to determine my age.

Are you some kind of pervert? No, we don't discuss torture here in an open and honest way. I am sure there are sites for that. Go there.

Probably 'some kind' depending on one's personal view of what constitutes perversion.

In case you are phishing, I have no interest in asking you the same question. But I see 'you people' discussing Public Executions

I don't like to do any permanent harm to a person whenever I must torture them to get information from them.

I prefer using hot and cold temperatures, and cold water, and exposure, and deprivation, taking them to the brink of death and bringing them back again, and making life very uncomfortable for them in the meantime. Headaches from ear splitting noise is also ok by me.

Ultimately you need to break the person down to get the info that you want. But in the process you need to keep them alive too. Breaking teeth or smashing fingers or cutting off body parts is not warranted. Fingernails and toenails will grow back however.

To keep them alive you need to give them water every 3 days. And they need food at least once every 3 weeks. They will have severe muscle cramps from the lack of electrolytes in the meantime.

John McCain's torture served no meaningful purpose. It was simply punishment inflicted on him by the NVA and villagers for bombing North Vietnam.

I don't like to do any permanent harm to a person whenever I must torture them to get information from them.

I prefer using hot and cold temperatures, and cold water, and exposure, and deprivation, taking them to the brink of death and bringing them back again, and making life very uncomfortable for them in the meantime. Headaches from ear splitting noise is also ok by me.

Ultimately you need to break the person down to get the info that you want. But in the process you need to keep them alive too. Breaking teeth or smashing fingers or cutting off body parts is not warranted. Fingernails and toenails will grow back however.

To keep them alive you need to give them water every 3 days. And they need food at least once every 3 weeks. They will have severe muscle cramps from the lack of electrolytes in the meantime.
I'm not too sure you're serious.

The irrational fear of this kind of enhanced technique is why I've decided to put my teeth in a cup.

Water: hot, cold, pressure, immersion.

No permanent damage. Lots of info.

Marathon Man for those who don't know the movie

th

Would making someone listen to Fran Drescher sing rap for 24 hours straight be considered enhanced interrogation?

Forum List

Back