A small trip to the grocery...a large aggravation.

As i said, go and watch, its your home state im talking about ya know. And by the way, your fashion magazines were quite an eye opener.

And no, you full of shit idiot, the computer doesn't sort it all out if your paying for things with three different methods and having them rung separately. Obviously you need to get out more an pay attention a bit more closely.
You are wrong.

You ring all your items up, and let's say the total is $100...

You take out a debit card, for example, and put $30 of the total on the card...

The balance drops to $70...

The you swipe a credit card and put $50 on that...

The balance drops to $20...

Then you give the cashier the $20 in cash, and the check-out is complete.

You've obviously never done something like that before, otherwise you'd know that it works exactly like that.

I just did it at Home Depot last week.
All true...but sometimes the registers ring things up wrong and end up taxing people for food stamp purchases, which would come off the card I do believe. And believe it or not, not everyone on welfare is so blase about it that they don't attempt to budget and keep track of their spending.

When did Home Depot start accepting food stamps???

I'm not talking about food stamps in that example. But food stamps are on a debit card, it works the same way a regular debit card works. I just mentioned Depot because it was a recent example where I divided my balance among more than one payment method.

The fact that a register might malfunction doesn't change how the overall system works. I don't know about taxes and food stamps, all I know is that you can swipe a food stamp card and it will pay the balance of the items that the food stamps cover. Whatever balance might be left over that the stamps don't cover can then be paid with any other method.

Of course you CAN have them rung up separately, but you don't HAVE to , and my guess is that most SNAP users would rather keep it quiet that they are on SNAP and thus aren't going to announce to the entire store that they want their food rang up separate so they can pay for them with their food stamps, when there is no need to do so. The register is perfectly capable of separating food from non food and allowing you to pay for each separately within the same purchase.

The ones who are embarrassed to be on social programs i am sure are mortified. The welfare lifers don't give a shit.

I have never once in my entire 39 years on this planet seen anyone brag about being on food stamps at the grocery store. And we have some poor white trash around here who don't give a shit about anything, but at the grocery store they ring their shit up like a normal person and they get the fuck out.

Did i say she was barging? I said she was telling the cashier that she was separating out her cart,paying for some with food stamps, some with wick and paying cash for the beer, cigarettes and fashion magazines.

The ones who are embarrassed to be on social programs i am sure are mortified. The welfare lifers don't give a shit.

I have never once in my entire 39 years on this planet seen anyone brag about being on food stamps at the grocery store. And we have some poor white trash around here who don't give a shit about anything, but at the grocery store they ring their shit up like a normal person and they get the fuck out.

Did i say she was barging? I said she was telling the cashier that she was separating out her cart,paying for some with food stamps, some with wick and paying cash for the beer, cigarettes and fashion magazines.

Maybe she was one of those "stupid" ones that didn't know she didn't have to separate it all.

Yeah, and you're certainly not known for being loose with the facts.

Why would anyone ring their purchases up desperately? You're full of shit.
You can have your purchases rung up seperately. Like when I go to the store. If my court reporter wife needs me to purchase printer paper because she ran out, and has a transcript request regarding a death penaly case due, or any case for that matter, I have them ring up that purchase for paper seperately from the everyday items I may be purchasing. That paper is a tax write off, seeing as though that end of her occupation is considered private business seperate of her employment with L.A. county criminal courts. It makes it easier for our accountant when he does our taxes to have a seperate receipt for business expenses. He doesn't have to go through a list of groceries to get to the actual written off item.

Of course you CAN have them rung up separately, but you don't HAVE to , and my guess is that most SNAP users would rather keep it quiet that they are on SNAP and thus aren't going to announce to the entire store that they want their food rang up separate so they can pay for them with their food stamps, when there is no need to do so. The register is perfectly capable of separating food from non food and allowing you to pay for each separately within the same purchase.

And think about why would they want to keep quiet about being on SNAP. It's probably humbling enough to need financial assistance from your neighbors' taxes via the government. And then you'd have to deal with judgmental people that want to tell you what you need to be eating.

I guess these raggedy cretins need to be kept in their place and show the superior classes some foot-kissing respect. :doubt:

If nothing else this thread is outing who just talks conservatism, and who actually walks in the mindset.

As i said, go and watch, its your home state im talking about ya know. And by the way, your fashion magazines were quite an eye opener.

And no, you full of shit idiot, the computer doesn't sort it all out if your paying for things with three different methods and having them rung separately. Obviously you need to get out more an pay attention a bit more closely.
You are wrong.

You ring all your items up, and let's say the total is $100...

You take out a debit card, for example, and put $30 of the total on the card...

The balance drops to $70...

The you swipe a credit card and put $50 on that...

The balance drops to $20...

Then you give the cashier the $20 in cash, and the check-out is complete.

You've obviously never done something like that before, otherwise you'd know that it works exactly like that.

I just did it at Home Depot last week.
All true...but sometimes the registers ring things up wrong and end up taxing people for food stamp purchases, which would come off the card I do believe. And believe it or not, not everyone on welfare is so blase about it that they don't attempt to budget and keep track of their spending.

When did Home Depot start accepting food stamps???

when they started selling candy and pop.

You can have your purchases rung up seperately. Like when I go to the store. If my court reporter wife needs me to purchase printer paper because she ran out, and has a transcript request regarding a death penaly case due, or any case for that matter, I have them ring up that purchase for paper seperately from the everyday items I may be purchasing. That paper is a tax write off, seeing as though that end of her occupation is considered private business seperate of her employment with L.A. county criminal courts. It makes it easier for our accountant when he does our taxes to have a seperate receipt for business expenses. He doesn't have to go through a list of groceries to get to the actual written off item.

And think about why would they want to keep quiet about being on SNAP. It's probably humbling enough to need financial assistance from your neighbors' taxes via the government. And then you'd have to deal with judgmental people that want to tell you what you need to be eating.

I guess these raggedy cretins need to be kept in their place and show the superior classes some foot-kissing respect. :doubt:

If nothing else this thread is outing who just talks conservatism, and who actually walks in the mindset.

I have been very candid about the fact that although I am overall conservative in my political views, that doesn't mean you can't have compassion for your fellow human beings. Nothing wrong with showing some compassion to people who aren't as fortunate as yourself.

I have been very candid about the fact that although I am overall conservative in my political views, that doesn't mean you can't have compassion for your fellow human beings. Nothing wrong with showing some compassion to people who aren't as fortunate as yourself.
The compassion is within reason though.

Advocating food stamps on the basis of helping out fellow humans potentially opens the door to pretty much any government program you can think of.

A line needs to be clearly drawn between what's necessary for immediate human survival, such as food, and other things the government hands out to people that aren't so necessary...like money to pay a credit card bill, or cash for a clunker.

Advocating food stamps on the basis of helping out fellow humans potentially opens the door to pretty much any government program you can think of.

A line needs to be clearly drawn between what's necessary for immediate human survival, such as food, and other things the government hands out to people that aren't so necessary...like money to pay a credit card bill, or cash for a clunker.

Absolutely, and we can have a debate about where that lline is, for me SNAP is on the right side of the line, helping pay off a credit card bill? Wrong line.

A line needs to be clearly drawn between what's necessary for immediate human survival,
such as food, and other things the government hands out to people that aren't so necessary...like money to pay a credit card bill, or cash for a clunker.

Are candy, soda, chips, cookies and cakes necessary for immediate human survival?

A line needs to be clearly drawn between what's necessary for immediate human survival,
such as food, and other things the government hands out to people that aren't so necessary...like money to pay a credit card bill, or cash for a clunker.

Are candy, soda, chips, cookies and cakes necessary for immediate human survival?

Okay I'm sure this doesn't apply to you b/c I doubt you give a single dollar to any charity; BUT if you were to give say $20 to a homeless man, would you follow him around checking on how he spent that $20 until it was gone? probably you would.

Don't be ridiculous. The government should garnish all of everyones wages, then pay everyones bills and expenses. It's the most effective way to enforce a productive and healthy lifestyle for the betterment of the motherland.

Last edited:

Okay I'm sure this doesn't apply to you b/c I doubt you give a single dollar to any charity; BUT if you were to give say $20 to a homeless man, would you follow him around checking on how he spent that $20 until it was gone? probably you would.

Shows you what you know about me now doesn't it?

We're just going to keep going in circles on this one.

Those things are food, and by virtue of that, can maintain human life. You can live on cookies and soda. It will keep you alive.

I'm not interested in deciding what is good for someone else's diet.

The fact is, they're handed out straight up CASH to go buy food. As long as we're going to continue such a program, I'm defaulting to LIBERTY on how they see fit to maintain their diet and keep themselves alive.

Unreal!

Anyhow, the wife and I donate to many charities. ACS, MDA, yada yada yada. And, we don't just go around handing out twenty dollar bills to the homeless. What i do, if one of 'em hits me up is offer to buy them some food or what not. On one occasion I went and paid for two nights in a motel 6 for the guy. That was after the Northridge quake, and the local shelters were filled to capacity. All the guy wanted was a few bucks to get a room and a shower. When I offered to go across the street and pay for two nights, his eyes lit up like a kids on christmas morning. I've found, that on a rare occasion, they get pissed off when you don't just fork over the cash. On most occasions, they graciously accept the offer of food.

You're painting with broad strokes here Con. Nobody is advocating we be mean to the downtrodden. We simply want our taxpaying dollars wisely spent. Nobody is talking about denying them food.

Unreal!

Anyhow, the wife and I donate to many charities. ACS, MDA, yada yada yada. And, we don't just go around handing out twenty dollar bills to the homeless. What i do, if one of 'em hits me up is offer to buy them some food or what not. On one occasion I went and paid for two nights in a motel 6 for the guy. That was after the Northridge quake, and the local shelters were filled to capacity. All the guy wanted was a few bucks to get a room and a shower. When I offered to go across the street and pay for two nights, his eyes lit up like a kids on christmas morning. I've found, that on a rare occasion, they get pissed off when you don't just fork over the cash. On most occasions, they graciously accept the offer of food.

You're painting with broad strokes here Con. Nobody is advocating we be mean to the downtrodden. We simply want our taxpaying dollars wisely spent. Nobody is talking about denying them food.

You're no more an authority on what's "wise" in regards to someone's diet than anyone else.

Get the fuck off your high horse.

Unreal!

You're no more an authority on what's "wise" in regards to someone's diet than anyone else.

Actually, i'm a classically trained chef. I know far more about nutrition then you do. Syrenn is also a chef. She knows far more about nutrition then you.

But that's beside the point. Fact is, people who subsist on nothing more than a diet of crap, are for more likely to suffer from health problems then those who don't. Those are undeniable facts. That means, those on the taxpayers back who buy nothing but crap will more than likely end up with problems we taxpayers will end up paying for. And that bill adds up to a hell of a lot more than they are receiving every month. I've already said, I could care less what they buy if it's their money, and their self provided healthcare. I could care less if those on government assistance want to buy themselves an occasional goody. It's those that do nothing but buy crap that I have a problem with. Because in the end, they cost us taxpayers a hell of a lot more money when their arteries clog, or their teeth start rotting out of their head.

Does anyone have a problem with how military members use their Basic Allowance for Subsistence when buying food?

I mean, they already earn their paycheck from their base pay. The BAS is basically a HAND-OUT.

Should we regulate how they spend it?

Unreal!

Actually, i'm a classically trained chef. I know far more about nutrition then you do. Syrenn is also a chef. She knows far more about nutrition then you.

But that's beside the point. Fact is, people who subsist on nothing more than a diet of crap, are for more likely to suffer from health problems then those who don't. Those are undeniable facts. That means, those on the taxpayers back who buy nothing but crap will more than likely end up with problems we taxpayers will end up paying for. And that bill adds up to a hell of a lot more than they are receiving every month. I've already said, I could care less what they buy if it's their money, and their self provided healthcare. I could care less if those on government assistance want to buy themselves an occasional goody. It's those that do nothing but buy crap that I have a problem with. Because in the end, they cost us taxpayers a hell of a lot more money when their arteries clog, or their teeth start rotting out of their head.

I've studied nutrition for over 10 years, my man. I'm in the gym at least 4 days out of a week for most of my adult life, and I know diet and supplementing probably better than any fucking chef I know.

I've seen it all, heard it all, read about it all, and TRIED it all. I GUARANTEE you I know more about it than you, but that's also beside the point.

The fact is, people can smoke for 70 fucking years and live longer, healthier lives than people who ate "properly" and exercised. At the end of the day, the individual physiology is what determine's a person's fate.

It took me many years of trial and error to figure out what was right for MY body. There's no fucking way any person can just decide a diet for someone with certainty that it is even beneficial. NO FUCKING WAY.

What I find most interesting here, is your desire to decide what's best for someone else. Right out of the mother fucking leftist handbook, brother.

You'll have to excuse me while I bask in the unavoidable irony.

I've studied nutrition for over 10 years, my man. I'm in the gym at least 4 days out of a week for most of my adult life, and I know diet and supplementing probably better than any fucking chef I know.

I've seen it all, heard it all, read about it all, and TRIED it all. I GUARANTEE you I know more about it than you, but that's also beside the point.

The fact is, people can smoke for 70 fucking years and live longer, healthier lives than people who ate "properly" and exercised. At the end of the day, the individual physiology is what determine's a person's fate.

It took me many years of trial and error to figure out what was right for MY body. There's no fucking way any person can just decide a diet for someone with certainty that it is even beneficial. NO FUCKING WAY.

What I find most interesting here, is your desire to decide what's best for someone else. Right out of the mother fucking leftist handbook, brother.

I must spread rep before giving it to you again. Oh well it's about Rdean o thirty anyway.

Well, good for you. Then why don't you go and subsist on a diet of crap. You know, fried foods, cheetos and shit like that. Wash it down with 2 liter bottles of Dr. Pepper when you're done. Do it day in and day out, and see what it gets ya'!.....See what the doctor tells ya' when he's ripping you a new asshole for being a complete idiot....If you're providing for yourself, I could give a shit if you end up croaking or requiring major medical care because you're a fucking idiot!...That's your fucking problem!....But when it's my dime, paying for your abject stupidity, then it is my problem!

And, it is YOU who is taking a more lefty position. In the lefty's eyes its like, fuck it!...Don't worry about it. The government will take care of it. You need $75,000.00 in emergency medical care because you're an idiot?.....No problem!.....That's what the government is for. That's what that Husband and wife down the street who work forty or fifty hours a week are there for. To provide you with free shit, regardless if your own stupidity causes your problems!...Regardless if your own stupidity is causing your childrens problems.

Now, tell me Mr. nutritionist. A good number of those who engage in that crap have children so, tell me Mr. nutritionist, how healthy is it for a developing child to subsist on nothing but crap?.....Tell me it doesn't directly affect their health......In fact, just for fun and enlightenment, go ask any pediatrician how healthy it is for developing children to subsist on that crap.....You'll more than likely find that you're full of shit!

LMAO!

Last edited:

Forum List

Back