A small trip to the grocery...a large aggravation.

And NO ONE cares what you think, save possibly Rdean, but probably even he is sitting back thinking what an asshole.

It's a redneck baby killer world and your the ruler

You do realize that A) you actually have no way of knowing who is using SNAP and who isn't and B) your little snapshot of suspected SNAP users in noway reflects on ALL users. Don't you?

If they are right in front of me, separating out what they are paying for in food stamps, in wick then TELLING the cashier they will pay CASH for the beer, cigarettes and fashion magazines with the $100 bill from a coach wallet out of a coach purse...sure i know who is using the food stamps.

Except that you are full of shit syrenn. You go to wal mart and the computer sorts everything out. you don't have to sort it out and tell the cashier, i'll pay for this, and this will pay for that. Nope you're flat full of shit.

As i said, go and watch, its your home state im talking about ya know. And by the way, your fashion magazines were quite an eye opener.

And no, you full of shit idiot, the computer doesn't sort it all out if your paying for things with three different methods and having them rung separately. Obviously you need to get out more an pay attention a bit more closely.

If they are right in front of me, separating out what they are paying for in food stamps, in wick then TELLING the cashier they will pay CASH for the beer, cigarettes and fashion magazines with the $100 bill from a coach wallet out of a coach purse...sure i know who is using the food stamps.

Although my days of working in a grocery store for 4 years was some 35 years ago, I don't think the conditions have changed much. I never, ever saw a single food stamp user with a $100 bill pulled from a coach wallet out of a coach purse. Most of them looked dirt poor.

Syrenn is lying here, flat out. Today's SNAP is on a debit card. You pay via the machine just as in any other card. Unless you're peaking over someone's shoulder you have no clue what they are paying for with what.
No. she's not. 35 years ago there was no such thing as a debit card. People back then pulled "STAMPS' out to pay for their purchase. And yes, it's highly doubtful that they were pulling 100 bills out of designer wallets tucked into designer handbags so, where is her lie?

You want real proof of what she is eluding too?

Take a trip to Glendale California (aka: lil' Armenia) and park it outside the local welfare office. Watch all day as you see nothing but a never ending stream of brand new BMW'S and MBZ's pull in. Watch as the never ending stream of designer clothed armenians stroll their way into sign up or renew their benefits. It's disgusting.

Except that you are full of shit syrenn. You go to wal mart and the computer sorts everything out. you don't have to sort it out and tell the cashier, i'll pay for this, and this will pay for that. Nope you're flat full of shit.

As i said, go and watch, its your home state im talking about ya know. And by the way, your fashion magazines were quite an eye opener.

And no, you full of shit idiot, the computer doesn't sort it all out if your paying for things with three different methods and having them rung separately. Obviously you need to get out more an pay attention a bit more closely.

no you're full of shit, moron. There is no need to sort things out according to how you're going to pay for them. Its no different than if I buy some stuff and pay for part of it with a check, and part of it with cash. I don't have to tell the cashier ring it up separate. There is no need. the register system is quite capable of handling one,two,three, or a hundred different payment methods for one purchase. They do that specifically so bitches like you can't be nosing around and tell who's on SNAP. Oh and Jonesboro is a good 6 hours from me, not my hometown, not even close. This would be like me calling Santa Barbara your home town you ditzy clown.

You do realize that A) you actually have no way of knowing who is using SNAP and who isn't and B) your little snapshot of suspected SNAP users in noway reflects on ALL users. Don't you?

Although my days of working in a grocery store for 4 years was some 35 years ago, I don't think the conditions have changed much. I never, ever saw a single food stamp user with a $100 bill pulled from a coach wallet out of a coach purse. Most of them looked dirt poor.

And that was what was so aggravating about that incident.

Syrenn is lying here, flat out. Today's SNAP is on a debit card. You pay via the machine just as in any other card. Unless you're peaking over someone's shoulder you have no clue what they are paying for with what.
No. she's not. 35 years ago there was no such thing as a debit card. People back then pulled "STAMPS' out to pay for their purchase. And yes, it's highly doubtful that they were pulling 100 bills out of designer wallets tucked into designer handbags so, where is her lie?

You want real proof of what she is eluding too?

Take a trip to Glendale California (aka: lil' Armenia) and park it outside the local welfare office. Watch all day as you see nothing but a never ending stream of brand new BMW'S and MBZ's pull in. Watch as the never ending stream of designer clothed armenians stroll their way into sign up or renew their benefits. It's disgusting.

That was 35 years ago, I doubt she is even that old, plus she is talking about here recently.

I also call bullshit on anyone driving a BMW collecting food stamps.

That's rich you calling me a liar :lol: Prove i am lying. We have already witness your epic lies.

I know it is a debit card. You do have a clue when they loud mouth women talking with each other holding up the line. As i have said you dont get out much do you.

That's rich you calling me a liar :lol: Prove i am lying. We have already witness your epic lies.

I know it is a debit card. You do have a clue when they loud mouth women talking with each other holding up the line. As i have said you dont get out much do you.

So, first you said you knew because she was separating her items for the cashier even though the computer is quite capable of doing so, but now you say you knew because two fat bitches, with several kids under each arm and a cigarette in their lips no doubt, were bragging about being on SNAP , probably also drove BMWs?

no you're full of shit, moron. There is no need to sort things out according to how you're going to pay for them. Its no different than if I buy some stuff and pay for part of it with a check, and part of it with cash. I don't have to tell the cashier ring it up separate. There is no need. the register system is quite capable of handling one,two,three, or a hundred different payment methods for one purchase. They do that specifically so bitches like you can't be nosing around and tell who's on SNAP. Oh and Jonesboro is a good 6 hours from me, not my hometown, not even close. This would be like me calling Santa Barbara your home town you ditzy clown.

As i have said you don't get out much and shop do you? You can tell a cashier any thing you want. You can tell them to ring things up anyway you want.

Home state would have been a better choice of words.

So, first you said you knew because she was separating her items for the cashier even though the computer is quite capable of doing so, but now you say you knew because two fat bitches, with several kids under each arm and a cigarette in their lips no doubt, were bragging about being on SNAP , probably also drove BMWs?

Quote it

Syrenn is correct in that people ring up their purchases separately for the most part. So while I disagree with her opinion of monitoring food stamp purchases she is not lying.

cornjob is...as usual.

Syrenn is correct in that people ring up their purchases separately for the most part. So while I disagree with her opinion of monitoring food stamp purchases she is not lying.

cornjob is...as usual.

Thanks ravi.

cornjob is...as usual.

Yeah, and you're certainly not known for being loose with the facts.

Why would anyone ring their purchases up desperately? You're full of shit.

cornjob is...as usual.

You can have your purchases rung up seperately. Like when I go to the store. If my court reporter wife needs me to purchase printer paper because she ran out, and has a transcript request regarding a death penaly case due, or any case for that matter, I have them ring up that purchase for paper seperately from the everyday items I may be purchasing. That paper is a tax write off, seeing as though that end of her occupation is considered private business seperate of her employment with L.A. county criminal courts. It makes it easier for our accountant when he does our taxes to have a seperate receipt for business expenses. He doesn't have to go through a list of groceries to get to the actual written off item.

cornjob is...as usual.

You can have your purchases rung up seperately. Like when I go to the store. If my court reporter wife needs me to purchase printer paper because she ran out, and has a transcript request regarding a death penaly case due, or any case for that matter, I have them ring up that purchase for paper seperately from the everyday items I may be purchasing. That paper is a tax write off, seeing as though that end of her occupation is considered private business seperate of her employment with L.A. county criminal courts. It makes it easier for our accountant when he does our taxes to have a seperate receipt for business expenses. He doesn't have to go through a list of groceries to get to the actual written off item.

Of course you CAN have them rung up separately, but you don't HAVE to , and my guess is that most SNAP users would rather keep it quiet that they are on SNAP and thus aren't going to announce to the entire store that they want their food rang up separate so they can pay for them with their food stamps, when there is no need to do so. The register is perfectly capable of separating food from non food and allowing you to pay for each separately within the same purchase.

You are wrong.

You ring all your items up, and let's say the total is $100...

You take out a debit card, for example, and put $30 of the total on the card...

The balance drops to $70...

The you swipe a credit card and put $50 on that...

The balance drops to $20...

Then you give the cashier the $20 in cash, and the check-out is complete.

You've obviously never done something like that before, otherwise you'd know that it works exactly like that.

I just did it at Home Depot last week.

Of course you CAN have them rung up separately, but you don't HAVE to , and my guess is that most SNAP users would rather keep it quiet that they are on SNAP and thus aren't going to announce to the entire store that they want their food rang up separate so they can pay for them with their food stamps, when there is no need to do so. The register is perfectly capable of separating food from non food and allowing you to pay for each separately within the same purchase.

The ones who are embarrassed to be on social programs i am sure are mortified. The welfare lifers don't give a shit.

You are wrong.

You've obviously never done something like that before, otherwise you'd know that it works exactly like that.

Great, but that is not how the transaction in question went. Nor is it how you have to ring things up. That is how YOU did it.

You are wrong.

All true...but sometimes the registers ring things up wrong and end up taxing people for food stamp purchases, which would come off the card I do believe. And believe it or not, not everyone on welfare is so blase about it that they don't attempt to budget and keep track of their spending.

When did Home Depot start accepting food stamps???

Bingo.

The ones who are embarrassed to be on social programs i am sure are mortified. The welfare lifers don't give a shit.

I have never once in my entire 39 years on this planet seen anyone brag about being on food stamps at the grocery store. And we have some poor white trash around here who don't give a shit about anything, but at the grocery store they ring their shit up like a normal person and they get the fuck out.

Forum List

Back