A small trip to the grocery...a large aggravation.

Where else did you think I learned how to make sammys and pies?

My son took four years of Home Ec, our school has an entire program 8 different classes to choose from and you get a special pin to wear on your graduation gown if you take any four of them.

OOH!

A special pin!!!

No different than what you get for participating in four years of football or whatever. Just shows that our school emphasizes education as well as athletics.

"Home Ec" is so...

1950's!

If it was called Life Skillz, spelled with the "z," more males would be electing to take it, I'd imagine,

but the truth is,

it should be a REQUIRED 4 year course for ALL students.

Errr... THAT doesn't make me sound too AUTHORITARIAN, does it? :eusa_whistle:

Of course you don't
Yeah, because you're being a fucking moron and making no sense.

It really isn't about the money kid.
A family of four only gets like $60 a week in food stamps...buying 4 cases of pop with it is unbelievably stupid and irresponsible. So I vote we remove that stupidity from the equation.
So shoot me.

in nevada a family of four gets around $300 a week. i think a single person gets just under 60. in california, over a decade ago, a family of three would get more than $300 per week.

can i shoot you now?

question for all of the self-righteous folks airing their jealousy of welfare recipients:

do you really think that the taxpayer and the government are the same thing?

this seems to be the rationale behind the tried and failed authoritarian micromanagement of alms which you advocate. it occurs to me, particularly in april, that the government and the taxpayer are juxtaposed to one another -- hardly one and the same.

Just make sure you let your clients know how stupid and lazy you think they are, I'm sure it will be a fantastic day for another judgemental conservative like yourself! :clap2:

Remember, you are SO MUCH BETTER THAN THEM!

Didn't say I am better than them. I said I am better than YOU.

Sorry about your poor reading skills. There are programs out there for that you know.

I thought you were going to bed! :rofl: :rofl:

Yeah, you're much better than me since you call your clients stupid! Again, do you see what a fool you're making yourself out to be here?

How you still have a job is beyond me, with your nasty attitude toward the people you work for.
"shunshine" sounds like a perfect candidate for a walmart greeter.

Didn't say I am better than them. I said I am better than YOU.

Sorry about your poor reading skills. There are programs out there for that you know.

Yeah, you're much better than me since you call your clients stupid! Again, do you see what a fool you're making yourself out to be here?

How you still have a job is beyond me, with your nasty attitude toward the people you work for.

Oh, the irony. The sad part is you don't even understand the stupidity of implying that you are better than a wal mart greeter while chastising someone else for saying they are better than people.

You're a piece of shit.

Oh, the irony. The sad part is you don't even understand the stupidity of implying that you are better than a wal mart greeter while chastising someone else for saying they are better than people.

You're a piece of shit.
Tissue? I didn't mean to slam your dream job.

You're a piece of shit.
Tissue? I didn't mean to slam your dream job.

More irony from the idiot of irony. What part of don't slam people for saying they are better than others , and then act like YOU are better than others is not getting through that pea brain of yours?

And there are a few different kind of drunks, the kind that drink imported beer to make themselves feel a little better than the others but they're all the same inside. Not to mention a drain on society.

They drink and drive putting our kids at risk, they need lots of medical care for liver disease and they're generally annoying..

Barking up the wrong tree Einstein.
I flat out never - ever drink and drive. Not one f*cking time. I was in a terrible accident when I was 16 years old that resulted in severe injuries to one of my friends and killed my best friend right in front of me.
So you can stick that mistaken surmise where the sun don't shine.

And Leinekugal isn't imported beer, it has been made in WI since 1867.
Yet another brilliantly wrong point you tried to make.

I don't really believe anything you say after this ridiculous grocery story of yours.

:lol: grocery story..

The story is a parable about how the poor waste the money we give them. If they weren't wasteful, they wouldn't be poor ...would they. You see, the point is that poor people really deserve to be poor and that we are wasting our time trying to help them

Yeah, because you're being a fucking moron and making no sense.

A family of four only gets like $60 a week in food stamps...buying 4 cases of pop with it is unbelievably stupid and irresponsible. So I vote we remove that stupidity from the equation.
So shoot me.

in nevada a family of four gets around $300 a week. i think a single person gets just under 60. in california, over a decade ago, a family of three would get more than $300 per week.

can i shoot you now?

WTF?
In Nevada they get $300 a WEEK in food stamps???
That would be $1200 a month - Jesus Christ that is more than most people spend....that is more than I spend on groceries for sure - and there is 4 people in my family.

No wonder California is fucking broke!

So shoot me.

can i shoot you now?

WTF?
That would be $1200 a month - Jesus Christ that is more than most people spend....that is more than I spend on groceries for sure - and there is 4 people in my family.

BINGO! Why do you think they come here ..to work for a living or for the handouts?

We have all seen it...each time frowning in quiet frustration.
I saw it again today.
I decided to make a tomato-cucumber salad to go with chicken breast I am going to grill, but I didn't have any red onions, or for that matter cucumbers either.
I am standing in the "fast lane" looking at what this women and daughter in front of me were buying.
A quick inventory and I summed up the following:

4 -12 packs of soda pop.
2 - packages of bologna.
1 giant bag of cheese-ball puffs.
1 giant bag of cheese popcorn.
1 loaf of bread.
2 - 1 litre cold coke bottles (guess they can't wait till they get home..need it now)

Annnnd...3 packs of cigarettes.

She mentioned to the clerk to ring up the cigarettes separately. The clerk didn't blink an eye.
Then I understood why - she paid for the junk food and pop with a food stamp card, and the f*cking cigarettes with cash.

Yet another example of wasted taxpayer money.
Man that pisses me off.

Why did you get pissed off, dude?

So shoot me.

can i shoot you now?

WTF?

Just for fun, I checked this out. $300 a week is incorrect, a basically broke ass family of four is eligible for at most $400 a month.

FNS SNAP Program Eligibility Screening Tool

Just for fun, I checked this out. $300 a week is incorrect, a basically broke ass family of four is eligible for at most $400 a month.

Right, so if i had only at most $400 dollars a month to feed a family of 4... buying junk food would not the the smartest idea. The words I can't afford the soda, candy, chips, cookies and cakes should be coming into play.

Right, so if i had only at most $400 dollars a month to feed a family of 4... buying junk food would not the the smartest idea. The words I can't afford the soda, candy, chips, cookies and cakes should be coming into play.

and so i'll bet that for MOST people, they make the correct decision, most of the time, and only enjoy the occasional snack. I have myself, my wife,a toddler, and two teenage boys in the home, plus various assorted guests who we feed throughout any given month. We spend about $500 a month on groceries, and that stocking up on things, we still manage to have snack foods and such, proving that with smart shopping a person can feed a family of four nutritionally AND buy a few snack items within a $400/month budget.

So if you are suggesting that those who don't do so need to be educated better, I am with you; but if you are suggesting that those who do should be told they can't indulge when they have worked to make their budget work for them. I am NOT with you.

You act like the vast majority of people on SNAP are worthless fat assed do nothings, never realizing that most of them are the working poor. Well, I'm sorry but I won't tell a man who is doing the best he can do how to spend his SNAP benefits

Well, that's you, me, and most of the rest of us who have the wherewithall to make a decent life for ourselves.

Regardless of what Jefferson made have said, not all of us are created equal. The creation process might be the same but after that, it's pretty much a crap shoot.

and so i'll bet that for MOST people, they make the correct decision, most of the time, and only enjoy the occasional snack. I have myself, my wife,a toddler, and two teenage boys in the home, plus various assorted guests who we feed throughout any given month. We spend about $500 a month on groceries, and that stocking up on things, we still manage to have snack foods and such, proving that with smart shopping a person can feed a family of four nutritionally AND buy a few snack items within a $400/month budget.

So if you are suggesting that those who don't do so need to be educated better, I am with you; but if you are suggesting that those who do should be told they can't indulge when they have worked to make their budget work for them. I am NOT with you.

You act like the vast majority of people on SNAP are worthless fat assed do nothings, never realizing that most of them are the working poor. Well, I'm sorry but I won't tell a man who is doing the best he can do how to spend his SNAP benefits

If they have enough disposiable CASH to buy cigarettes and alcohol then they can afford to buy junk and snack food with that cash they have and not use the food stamps. The food stamps enables them to have that disposable cash.

If they have enough disposiable CASH to buy cigarettes and alcohol then they can afford to buy junk and snack food with that cash they have and not use the food stamps. The food stamps enables them to have that disposable cash.

Prove to me that even a small majority of SNAP users drink or smoke. Further , prove to me that it is any of your god damned business if they do.

Forum List

Back