A small trip to the grocery...a large aggravation.

and so i'll bet that for MOST people, they make the correct decision, most of the time, and only enjoy the occasional snack. I have myself, my wife,a toddler, and two teenage boys in the home, plus various assorted guests who we feed throughout any given month. We spend about $500 a month on groceries, and that stocking up on things, we still manage to have snack foods and such, proving that with smart shopping a person can feed a family of four nutritionally AND buy a few snack items within a $400/month budget.

So if you are suggesting that those who don't do so need to be educated better, I am with you; but if you are suggesting that those who do should be told they can't indulge when they have worked to make their budget work for them. I am NOT with you.

You act like the vast majority of people on SNAP are worthless fat assed do nothings, never realizing that most of them are the working poor. Well, I'm sorry but I won't tell a man who is doing the best he can do how to spend his SNAP benefits

If they have enough disposiable CASH to buy cigarettes and alcohol then they can afford to buy junk and snack food with that cash they have and not use the food stamps. The food stamps enables them to have that disposable cash.

Prove to me that even a small majority of SNAP users drink or smoke. Further , prove to me that it is any of your god damned business if they do.

Prove that they don't. And why is it any of your business if i do care and have opinions?

Why, though? Why does it matter if someone on foodstamps is buying pop and Cheetoes?

Why, though? Why does it matter if someone on foodstamps is buying pop and Cheetoes?
Not to me. The money has already been allocated to them for consumable food stuffs. After that fact, I see no reason at all why I should care.

Live and let live and I expect the same consideration in return.

If they have enough disposiable CASH to buy cigarettes and alcohol then they can afford to buy junk and snack food with that cash they have and not use the food stamps. The food stamps enables them to have that disposable cash.

Prove to me that even a small majority of SNAP users drink or smoke. Further , prove to me that it is any of your god damned business if they do.

Prove that they don't. And why is it any of your business if i do care and have opinions?

I don't have to prove they don't fool. You made the accusation that they do, therefore the burden of proof is on you.

I don't care if you have opinions, nor have I said I care. I merely asked WHY your OPINION should matter?

I don't have to prove they don't fool. You made the accusation that they do, therefore the burden of proof is on you.

I don't care if you have opinions, nor have I said I care. I merely asked WHY your OPINION should matter?

And why should YOUR opinion matter? :lol:

Next time ill take pics of it happening, how about that? Why dont you go camp out at walmart and watch and see for yourself. My latest incident of see it happening was in Jonesborough.

I AGREE WITH POPEYE, but I have no problem with it or the fact that most on food stamps are fat and lazy (not all most).
It just goes to show you how rich we really are. We can piss billions away on this and colonial style wars at the same time.

Next time ill take pics of it happening, how about that? Why dont you go camp out at walmart and watch and see for yourself. My latest incident of see it happening was in Jonesborough.

You do realize that A) you actually have no way of knowing who is using SNAP and who isn't and B) your little snapshot of suspected SNAP users in noway reflects on ALL users. Don't you?

I wouldn't care if some rightwing baby killer thinks poor people shouldn't eat cheetos with food stamps.

I wouldn't care if some rightwing baby killer thinks poor people shouldn't eat cheetos with food stamps.

And NO ONE cares what you think, save possibly Rdean, but probably even he is sitting back thinking what an asshole.

You do realize that A) you actually have no way of knowing who is using SNAP and who isn't and B) your little snapshot of suspected SNAP users in noway reflects on ALL users. Don't you?

If they are right in front of me, separating out what they are paying for in food stamps, in wick then TELLING the cashier they will pay CASH for the beer, cigarettes and fashion magazines with the $100 bill from a coach wallet out of a coach purse...sure i know who is using the food stamps.

You know......there really isn't anything wrong with bologna sandwiches and Cheetos and soda.

Did anyone ever stop to consider that she may have been buying stuff for school lunches for her kids? Not every school district has a free lunch program.

Jeeze people........you act like your taxes are still yours even after you've paid them to the government. Got news for ya.......that money you paid in taxes is no longer yours once the IRS gets hold of it, it is then in the hands of the government and the politicians, who as elected representatives, get to decide where it goes.

Tell ya the truth, I won't begrudge someone getting chow (I've been in those straits myself as a kid). What pisses me off is shit like the Alaska bridge to nowhere.

And NO ONE cares what you think, save possibly Rdean, but probably even he is sitting back thinking what an asshole.

It's a redneck baby killer world and your the ruler

get a real job Narc
you fucking pussy baby killer

If they are right in front of me, separating out what they are paying for in food stamps, in wick then TELLING the cashier they will pay CASH for the beer, cigarettes and fashion magazines with the $100 bill from a coach wallet out of a coach purse...sure i know who is using the food stamps.

Except that you are full of shit syrenn. You go to wal mart and the computer sorts everything out. you don't have to sort it out and tell the cashier, i'll pay for this, and this will pay for that. Nope you're flat full of shit.

Although my days of working in a grocery store for 4 years was some 35 years ago, I don't think the conditions have changed much. I never, ever saw a single food stamp user with a $100 bill pulled from a coach wallet out of a coach purse. Most of them looked dirt poor.

You know......there really isn't anything wrong with bologna sandwiches and Cheetos and soda.

Did anyone ever stop to consider that she may have been buying stuff for school lunches for her kids? Not every school district has a free lunch program.

Jeeze people........you act like your taxes are still yours even after you've paid them to the government. Got news for ya.......that money you paid in taxes is no longer yours once the IRS gets hold of it, it is then in the hands of the government and the politicians, who as elected representatives, get to decide where it goes.

Tell ya the truth, I won't begrudge someone getting chow (I've been in those straits myself as a kid). What pisses me off is shit like the Alaska bridge to nowhere.

That's what I'm saying , of all the government wastes who is going to begrudge someone some candy? california just build a $10M fish bridge for fuck sakes.

Although my days of working in a grocery store for 4 years was some 35 years ago, I don't think the conditions have changed much. I never, ever saw a single food stamp user with a $100 bill pulled from a coach wallet out of a coach purse. Most of them looked dirt poor.

Syrenn is lying here, flat out. Today's SNAP is on a debit card. You pay via the machine just as in any other card. Unless you're peaking over someone's shoulder you have no clue what they are paying for with what.

They looked dirt poor because they are dirt poor.

And to begrudge them a few simple pleasures in life is the height of small-minded pettiness.

Well some of these small minded assholes on here think that EVERYTHING is their business.

Fuckers like that should be kicked in the crotch.

Well some of these small minded assholes on here think that EVERYTHING is their business.

Fuckers like that should be kicked in the crotch.

Let's be fair here. I only see Syrenn saying that absolutely they should be forbidden from buying snacks with SNAP.

But this is the same person who once posted that rapists should be raped as part of their jail sentence, so she's not totally there anyway.

Forum List

Back