A Soul In Hell - Annette's Story. A cautionary tale for atheists, the irreligious, and the backsliders. Take heed!

Tell me something. Is it true that the god knows the beginning to end, and the end from the beginning?
Scripture is a bit more precise. It speaks of God knowing His plans from beginning to end. Some argue this means God knows our own individual plans from beginning to end. I happen to disagree. The true definition of omniscience is knowing all there is to know when that knowledge is available. It is not about knowing what cannot be known.

You still want to cover up for an atrocious character whose response to disobedience is to inflict horrible pain on the disobedient for ever and ever.
Do you despise or accept people who make choices that are the opposite of what you might choose? Do you frogmarch those who tell you of their choice into making the choice you would have them make?

We all have a choice: Good or Evil; Love or Hate. When Jesus was on earth he taught forgiveness, saying holding onto anger or any grudge begins tearing our innards (ulcers, heartburn, bad moods). Hate and evil do the same, but they are our choices for ourselves, not God's choices for us.

What say you: If it were in your power, would you forcefully turn someone into your puppet, your shadow to prevent them from suffering from an ulcer? What if they preferred the ulcer and freedom of choice over being your puppet?

The other thing to note is Satan exists and is constantly at work on people. Prayer helps a lot with that. So does daily Mass.

I believe you have it backwards. While I don't give a lot of credence to that video, it does make the point that those in hell, given the choice, choose hell, and even an existence in hell does not cause them to change their minds--nor do they have the wish to change their minds. They are who they are and they have no wish to change that.
You're saying that, given a choice, those thrown into the god's torture chamber will opt against escape because being burned alive is better than not burning alive. Not even in the movies.

In the end, you're left with a being who doesn't take rejection well at all! Its reactive, disproportionate threat of torture against lessor beings than itself is absolute evidence of that fact.

A lot of people think they're running to the god when they're really running from his disproportionate threat of torture for not running to it.

What say you: If it were in your power, would you forcefully turn someone into your puppet
No. I also wouldn't threaten them with eternal torture for refusing to be my puppet.

You also equated burning alive forever with an ulcer in order to show how someone might choose torture over not being tortured.

It speaks of God knowing His plans from beginning to end.
Uh... I know my plans. You know your plans.

That doesn't strike me as profound, or even the least bit informative. It strikes me as a (very intellectually weak) way to shut up a person who honestly questions or criticizes this pile of iron age myths.

Scripture is a bit more precise. It speaks of God knowing His plans from beginning to end. Some argue this means God knows our own individual plans from beginning to end. I happen to disagree. The true definition of omniscience is knowing all there is to know when that knowledge is available. It is not about knowing what cannot be known.
RIght. So the god can't know the future.

RIght. So the god can't know the future.
I don't think you understand the rigged game you bought into, here.

The rules of logic and evidence don't apply to the magical god. That's the entire con. That's the circular, specious nonsense required from the start.

"God can do anything, because gods can do anything"

You can't make counterpoints against this. You can only shine a spotlight on it.

You can't make counterpoints against this.
None they will listen to, anyway. What can be done is to shine a light on how much one's definition of love changed in order to accommodate the part of the story where the loving being's reaction to rejection is to inflict extreme, endless suffering upon the jilters. That's the new love . . .

Worrying about Hell is the grown-up version of being afraid of being sent to your room without supper. If you have lived a good life and never really hurt anyone and you are still worried about t.
WARNING

Jesus said there are FEW who make it to Heaven. Mt 7:21... Lk 1324..

The canonized saints say VERY few... some even say VERY very few (my words, but their words are scarier)

why take chances?

You're saying that, given a choice, those thrown into the god's torture chamber will opt against escape because being burned alive is better than not burning alive. Not even in the movies.
I take it you did not bother with the video (nor do I recommend it). I do not recall anyone complaining of fire or even torture. Instead they describe torment of choosing evil and hate, and how they would not choose differently. As odd as it seems, they were satisfied with the torment hate and evil brings to them. They reject any other choice, any other existence.

In the end, you're left with a being who doesn't take rejection well at all! Its reactive, disproportionate threat of torture against lessor beings than itself is absolute evidence of that fact.
Once again, they do not see themselves as being punished, only satisfied with the eternity they have chosen.

You guys all understand what this thread is, right? What every thread by this nutter is, right?

First: no, he has no concern for any of you, he isn't trying to spread any message, and he isn't trying to do God's work.

What he is doing is posting shit he knows will be mocked by anyone not in his little sectarian nutter circle.

Then he lovingly looks over the criticism and convinces himself that it makes him Christ like.

That's the payoff. He wants to be mocked and wants this horseshit to be laughed at, so he can convince himself he is oppressed like Jesus and therefore must be doing something right.

You people mean nothing to him. He is concerned with punching his own, personal ticket to the forever Jesus festival.

Nothing more.
i noticed your lack of response to post #53

figures

you do not like the truth

most people don't... maybe that's why Jesus said FEW make it..

He who said (to Pilate but really to all of us)

"It is for this purpose that I came into the world, to testify to the truth"

=

Once again, they do not see themselves as being punished, only satisfied with the eternity they have chosen.
so that makes me think maybe it is not a for real video?

i don't know... but the Fatima accounts of Hell are.... uh... not attractive to say the least

A lot of people think they're running to the god when they're really running from his disproportionate threat of torture for not running to it.
If someone has no wish to exist in love and goodness, rejects it totally, if you were in charge, what would be your plan for those who sought hate and evil, welcoming its torment?

Forum List

Back