A Soul In Hell - Annette's Story. A cautionary tale for atheists, the irreligious, and the backsliders. Take heed!

No, the ball is in your court. Don't ask me to tell you how to prove your silly unsupportable claim.
No, I think not..

Obviously the starting point here is that the evidence that has convinced me has not convinced you (i have no divine knowledge). So I am not going to go compile things and lay them at your feet for you to shit on.

First, set a standard of evidence. If I can't meet it, I will say so. If it think I can, I will try.

And, go

No, I think not..

Obviously the starting point here is that the evidence that has convinced me has not convinced you (i have no divine knowledge). So I am not going to go compile things and lay them at your feet for you to shit on.

First, set a standard of evidence. If I can't meet it, I will say so. If it think I can, I will try.

And, go
Just give us what you got, and stop qualifying. You made the positive claim that consciousness does not exist after death. Now prove it or get off the pot.

Just give us what you got, and stop qualifying.
Nope. If I am going to make the effort, I deserve the courtesy of knowing whether I am dealing with a bad faith actor who is wasting my time, or someone who actually has a standard of evidence.for this.

You're having a hard time with this request.

Nope. If I am going to make the effort, I deserve the courtesy of knowing whether I am dealing with a bad faith actor who is wasting my time, or someone who actually has a standard of evidence.for this.

You're having a hard time with this request.
More diversion. No proof. Why am I not surprised?
All you've given us is your opinion, which no one is interested in.

More diversion. No proof. Why am I not surprised?
All you've given us is your opinion, which no one is interested in.
Gotcha.

I knew you would not answer.

The design of the request is to separate the dishonest, bad faith actors from honest, curious people.

It always works. Like, without fail, every single time.

The truth is, you are a bad faith actor, and you have already decided that there is no evidence that could ever convince you. You waste my time for attention.

The odd thing about how this works every time: Why are you shy to admit this? It's just called "faith". I thought you were proud of your faith...?

Gotcha.

I knew you would not answer.

The design of the request is to separate the dishonest, bad faith actors from honest, curious people.

It always works. Like, without fail, every single time.

The truth is, you are a bad faith actor, and you have already decided that there is no evidence that could ever convince you. You waste my time for attention.

The odd thing about how this works every time: Why are you shy to admit this? It's just called "faith". I thought you were proud of your faith...?
More excuses of why you can't and won't prove your claim. Who is surprised?
The time for gabbing is over. Either offer proof of your claim or withdraw it with an apology.
I haven't the time.

More excuses of why you can't and won't prove your claim. Who is surprised?
The time for gabbing is over. Either offer proof of your claim or withdraw it with an apology.
I haven't the time.
Hmm, no, I am quite convinced that you are not asking honestly.

Any science student could easily answer such a request. Say, if the professor claimed whales evolved from land mammals.

What would evidence of that look like?

The honest, curious person can easily answer. Maybe the answer.isnt great, but they can still answer.

The bad faith actor (you, in this case) will refuse even to attempt to answer the request.

It works every single time. Without fail. You cannot even help it.

So no, I am not going to bore you or me talking about the physical basis of consciousness, why it would disappear after the physical basis disappears, etc etc.

You are not asking honestly, yet are afraid or too shy to admit your belief is strong faith. Which again, is odd. Are you not proud of it?

Last edited:
Hmm, no, I am quite convinced that you are not asking honestly.

Any science student could easily answer such a request. Say, if the professor claimed whales evolved from land mammals.

What would evidence of that look like?

The honest, curious person can easily answer. Maybe the answer.isnt great, but they can still answer.

The bad ddauth actor (you) will refuse even to attempt to answer the request.

It works every single time. Without fail. You cannot even help it.

So no, I am not going to bore you or me talking about the physical basis of consciousness, why it would disappear after the physical basis disappears, etc etc.

You are not asking honestly, yet are afraid to admit it your belief is strong faith. Which again, is odd. Are you not proud of it?
We got it. You backed down. I said to offer any proof you have. You won't do it, because you know you can't.

Try it in reverse... ask me what evidence of consciousness after death would look like, to me.

Okay.

I could have a conversation on current events with something controlled by a dead relative's consciousness. After a pop quiz, of course. No mediums allowed. But verifiable by others( on camera)

Maybe, a consciousness re-enters another body. And I can quiz it.

Some sort of demonstrable method of consciousness that does not require a physical system. How would it work, even just some good theory and math. That would be very interesting.

I could keep going. That was not hard for me.

But Mashmont can't clear this hurdle. Not ever.

Try it in reverse... ask me what evidence of consciousness after death would look like, to me.

Okay.

I could have a conversation on current events with something controlled by a dead relative's consciousness. After a pop quiz, of course. No mediums allowed. But verifiable by others( on camera)

Maybe, a consciousness re-enters another body. And I can quiz it.

Some sort of demonstrable method of consciousness that does not require a physical system. How would it work, even just some good theory and math. That would be very interesting.

I could keep going. That was not hard for me.

But Mashmont can't clear this hurdle. Not ever.
One last time. Give whatever proof you got. If you ask me one more time to do your work for you, I'm putting you iggy. I don't have time to keep having to repeat the same thing. It means you are trolling. So give us what you got. Simple request. Last chance.

No, I'm saying a person who lived a bad life inflicted horrible pain on themselves.
No. I'm saying that it is the god who willingly inflicts horrible, endless torture on people who don't love it.

You depict your god as nothing more than a souped-up version of the male ego who even puts the blame for its inferior creations onto the creations. That's blasphemy.

One last time. Give whatever proof you got. If you ask me one more time to do your work for you, I'm putting you iggy. I don't have time to keep having to repeat the same thing. It means you are trolling. So give us what you got. Simple request. Last chance.
Nope, sorry whiner. You won't even do me the courtesy of describing a standard of evidence.

I already explained why. It is not something you can even control. A bizarre feeling, I imagine... someone pulling your strings remotely through a cellphone and a few words...

So evil is fictional?
Evil is an abstract concept. When children grow up, they are expected to learn the difference between objects and abstract concepts.

And some people get so far down the nutter rabbithole, they fail to launch.

Correct. Neither did the the woman in the video--either before death or once she was in hell. It was where she chose to be, where she wanted to be.
That is so gross, you sound like a child who has had poor parenting and has no moral compass. You should be ashamed of yourself and your disgusting, immoral beliefs.

That is so gross, you sound like a child who has had poor parenting and has no moral compass. You should be ashamed of yourself and your disgusting, immoral beliefs.
The OP began with a video, purporting to be about a vision someone had upon the death of a former colleague. The dead person said she was in a hell, where she chose to be, and would remain for all eternity. She was given a final to be in heaven with God, or to be in hell without God. She chose hell, and still wouldn't change her mind even if she were to be given the option to rethink things. She noted the vision was not meant for good but for evil. Also, she didn't describe it as a place of torture--rather a place for the tormented, giving the impression any torture wasn't done to them by God, they did it to themselves (i.e., hence tormented).

In later posts I noted I did not recommend others watch the video, and had some doubts about its veracity given it was not told by the person who had the vision, and obviously (to me) put together after a series of interviews and also included added depictions and sound effects.

Interesting that you have no wish to discuss the video, but would rather jump to how my parents raised me. Neither ever once brought up hell. In all my years as a Catholic, there have only been about four times hell was brought up in a sermon/homily/class. It was made clear, God sent no one to hell--but people could choose to go there--i.e., remain apart from God for the rest of eternity should they wish.

Now, do you want to discuss the video, or is your preference to make the thread about me? If you wish to make still another thread about me, now--as in the past--I will opt out of any further discussion with you.

Forum List

Back