A Soul In Hell - Annette's Story. A cautionary tale for atheists, the irreligious, and the backsliders. Take heed!

You also equated burning alive forever with an ulcer in order to show how someone might choose torture over not being tortured.
You misunderstand. I was not equating the two. One was a simple analogy of the pain we are willing to endure in this life even when forgiveness could resolve the pain. Someone not willing to give up an ulcer in this life (assuming the ulcer was caused by ill feeling of another) is a simple analogy of someone not willing to give up rejecting God in the next life. The person the video is about says she had a final chance to accept God and deliberately chose not to take it. Most of all, she desired separation from God.

RIght. So the god can't know the future.
I see it more like this: If I plan to do something, I know how it will start, and I know its outcome. That doesn't mean I know the outcome of everything else--but I do know the outcome of my own plans.

Last edited:
so that makes me think maybe it is not a for real video?

i don't know... but the Fatima accounts of Hell are.... uh... not attractive to say the least
I agree, no account of Hell is attractive. My issue with the video is that it is a reenactment of an incident. The account was not done by the person who witnessed it. It comes across as the summary of a series of interviews which, somewhere down the line, were then put into its current form.

I am not suggesting anyone is lying. The music, the wailing, and the pictures were unnecessary additions. That is why my feeling of caution. The story alone should be able to stand on its own merits. The fact that someone decided it needed "improvements" makes me wonder why.

I agree, no account of Hell is attractive. My issue with the video is that it is a reenactment of an incident. The account was not done by the person who witnessed it. It comes across as the summary of a series of interviews which, somewhere down the line, were then put into its current form.

I am not suggesting anyone is lying. The music, the wailing, and the pictures were unnecessary additions. That is why my feeling of caution. The story alone should be able to stand on its own merits. The fact that someone decided it needed "improvements" makes me wonder why.
i didn't know there were improvements... I myself have not watched the whole thing. I already totally believe in Hell. I don't see how a christian can look around at the evil in the world.. and be victim of some of it and not believe in Hell... Some people are so sick and full of evil, you wonder why God doesn't just... open up the earth like he did w/ Moses... the idolators

I don't believe in humans who choose torture as a way to satisfaction.
Shrug. And I don't believe God set up a torture chamber, so there we have it. What I do know is that God honors freedom of choice.

You might consider this: If someone chose darkness to light, would it be the fault of the being who could bring them light? In the same way, if someone chooses hatred and evil, is it the fault of the being who could bring them goodness and love?

maybe

maybe not

but I guess you know all things so... no worries for you... until death comes knocking

Did I say I know all things?
The video is a piece of fiction. It is a story to try to scare people.

When death comes knocking I'll answer the door.

Because they may not be at the level yet to be motivated by heaven.

WARNING

Jesus said there are FEW who make it to Heaven. Mt 7:21... Lk 1324..

The canonized saints say VERY few... some even say VERY very few (my words, but their words are scarier)

why take chances?
If the standards of getting into heaven are impossibly high we might as well not even try. See you in Hell.

If someone chose darkness to light, would it be the fault of the being who could bring them light
If That being were an omnipotent, omnoscient being who could easily reveal himself to the creatures he, himself created with sentience and critical thinking skills that rightfully require evidence to accept belief in extraordinary claims?

Yes, that is 100% the fault of that nauseating, immoral God character.

100%.

If the standards of getting into heaven are impossibly high we might as well not even try. See you in Hell.
I'm not going to Hell.. so I won't see u there.

and God does not ask of us the impossible. You can think something is... whatever, impossible or whatever but that does not make it so

and God does not ask of us the impossible. You can think something is... whatever, impossible or whatever but that does not make it so
You said very few people get into heaven. If we are not at least graded on a curve there is no point in trying to get there. What's the point of denying yourself everything that makes a life interesting and worth living just to end up burning in Hell for some stray thought?

You said very few people get into heaven. If we are not at least graded on a curve there is no point in trying to get there. What's the point of denying yourself everything that makes a life interesting and worth living just to end up burning in Hell for some stray thought?
Hell isn't about some stray thought. Perhaps think of it more as you are part of your own creation. Is what you create about love and goodness....or, do you prefer hate and evil? Are you about serving others or are you intent on others serving you?

Remember, Jesus went around saying, "Sins are forgiven" so few, if any, have to worry about a stray thought. Jesus also taught discerning God's will and being obedient to it so that God's will be done on earth as it is in heaven.

Have you spent time seeking God and His will, striving to know Him?

Nobody is.

Remember what it was like before you were born?

That's what it will be like after you are dead.

Nobody is.

Remember what it was like before you were born?

That's what it will be like after you are dead.
No, you don't remember what it was like before you were born because you didn't exist yet. From the moment you were conceived, you will exist forever.

Last edited:
Remember what your first job was like before you had it? Of course you don't, because you didn't have it then. Remember your first job even though you don't have it anymore? Of course you do.

That's what it will be like after your dead.
Sorry nutter, that's not a good comparison. I remember things, because i have a working brain. After you are dead you won't remember anything. Because you are not going to live forever, despite embarrassing yourself your entire life to do it.

Sorry nutter, that's not a good comparison. I remember things, because i have a working brain. After you are dead you won't remember anything. Because you are not going to live forever, despite embarrassing yourself your entire life to do it.
You don't remember what it was like before you were born because you didn't exist yet.
What makes you think there is no consciousness after death? Do you have proof of your claim?

Forum List

Back