A Soul In Hell - Annette's Story. A cautionary tale for atheists, the irreligious, and the backsliders. Take heed!

Actually, it's those who have no beliefs who will fall for anything. They're always searching, never finding. It's because they look in the wrong places.
Your conflation of "not believing in Mashmont 's preferred iron age mythology" with "having no beliefs" is very revealing. This speaks more to YOUR inability to think for yourself and find good beliefs by your own methods.

It speaks more to YOUR lack of morality, if you cannot take your moral cues from an iron age dictation.

For those who refuse accept Jesus as their savior, I would ask this. Since Jesus is perfect, and His directions are perfect and rules are perfect, why would you choose to follow something else that is by definition imperfect? That makes no sense.

For those who refuse accept Jesus as their savior, I would ask this. Since Jesus is perfect, and His directions are perfect and rules are perfect, why would you choose to follow something else that is by definition imperfect? That makes no sense.
But this is specious by virtue of being circular.

If this is the best you can do, you aren't going to make any headway with a rational, educated person.

Isn't it cool that we don't have to accept your Jesus? Or are you of a mind to force people?

Isn't it cool that we don't have to accept your Jesus? Or are you of a mind to force people?
No, you're certainly free to worship whatever inferior thing you worship. That's the beauty of Jesus belief. Strictly voluntary.; Unlike atheism which is forced upon people in certain countries.

No, you're certainly free to worship whatever inferior thing you worship. That's the beauty of Jesus belief. Strictly voluntary.; Unlike atheism which is forced upon people in certain countries.
Which is thanks to the scientific enlightenment and classical liberalism. Thus the west was reformed.

I have a feeling this video of Annette's Story is causing some atheists to think twice. Good. That's what we want.
"Do I really want to suffer for all eternity because of my refusal to give up selfishness?"

But I still have to worship God and accept Jesus as my savior.

Right?
The Catholic Catechism states that God has an everlasting covenant with the Jews and those who acknowledge the Creator (Islam, for example). Those with no religious beliefs are left in the hands of a merciful and loving God.

It is those of the Christian faith (the New Covenant/Testament) who acknowledge Jesus as lord and savior/redeemer. If you are not a Christian, you have no obligation to Christ--you fall into the hands of a merciful and loving God.

This is not new to you. I have posted it before. Yet it never seems to sink in.

"Do I really want to suffer for all eternity because of my refusal to give up selfishness?"
The embodiment of selfishness is to do something only for self.

People who choose not to seek God in this life give up something many others find valuable and worthwhile as it relates to what is happening to them in this life. Remember the vineyard workers who arrived at different times of the day? Those of us who arrive early have the blessing of working with our God for a longer time. Those who arrive at the last minute receive this same blessing; they simply didn't have the same amount of time with Him. Isn't it glorious that they did, at last, arrive in the vineyard?

So, you say it is not just possible, but certain that some people will get into heaven without ever having believed in God or Jesus at all.

Right? Let's be clear.
You have made it abundantly clear my thoughts on anything matter not one iota to you. I posted what the Catholic Church teaches. Catholics believe Jesus statement that if we follow him (his way) we are on the path to eternal life. So Jesus' way is what the Catholic Church teaches.

It also notes that God has an everlasting Covenant with the Jews, and promises made to those who believe God is Creator. It further teaches that those who do not fall into the above categories remain in the hands of a merciful and loving God.

Saint Paul made an interesting statement in his letter to the Romans: That non-believers are judged by their own hearts. We are often harder on ourselves than is anyone else.

One of my grandfathers was atheist. I have good reason to believe he is in heaven and that I will see him again.

All along I have been clear, but I imagine it is all still a muddle to you? Sorry about that.

One of my grandfathers was atheist. I have good reason to believe he is in heaven and that I will see him again.
So, yes. I had it right. People can and do get into heaven, without believing a whit of any of it, in your religion.

Why was that so hard? That's kind of a nice thing.

You have made it abundantly clear my thoughts on anything matter not one iota to you. I posted what the Catholic Church teaches. Catholics believe Jesus statement that if we follow him (his way) we are on the path to eternal life. So Jesus' way is what the Catholic Church teaches.

It also notes that God has an everlasting Covenant with the Jews, and promises made to those who believe God is Creator. It further teaches that those who do not fall into the above categories remain in the hands of a merciful and loving God.

Saint Paul made an interesting statement in his letter to the Romans: That non-believers are judged by their own hearts. We are often harder on ourselves than is anyone else.

All along I have been clear, but I imagine it is all still a muddle to you? Sorry about that.
Did your grandfather have a conversion to Christianity?

So, yes. I had it right. People can and do get into heaven, without believing a whit of any of it, in your religion.
I have been here eight years. I have been quoting the Catholic Catechism for eight years. I have even told my grandfather's story a coupl of times. Seems it took awhile for it to sink in.

And to answer your question if it was hard...it took eight years for you to get it. What do you think?

Did your grandfather have a conversion to Christianity?
No. He was an atheist all his life. Unlike many atheists here, he always encouraged family members who were believers even though he himself held no belief. I have a little missalette he signed and gave to my aunt when she was a little girl. Grandpa was like that.

No. He was an atheist all his life. Unlike many atheists here, he always encouraged family members who were believers even though he himself held no belief. I have a little missalette he signed and gave to my aunt when she was a little girl. Grandpa was like that.
Well then perhaps, in light of his kindly manner, he underwent an acceptance of Jesus Christian at or before death unbeknownst to you or I. I like to think optimistically in those situations that a way was found.

My man….

285291667_385870313496225_258230962419898052_n.jpg

I have been here eight years. I have been quoting the Catholic Catechism for eight years. I have even told my grandfather's story a coupl of times. Seems it took awhile for it to sink in.

And to answer your question if it was hard...it took eight years for you to get it. What do you think?
Hey, my bad, got it. That's a better look for your religion than saying people HAVE to buy into extraordinary, supernatural claims. Else... no heaven for you

Forum List

Back