A tip of the cap to Russell Westbrook. He beat my Suns with his defense.

I would love it if Westbrook eliminated KD.

You and me both! Never cared for someone like KD who's so thin-skinned! Golden State all but begged him to play in Oakland, paid him the max, & deferred to him, stroking that ego though the team belonged to Curry! I loved him assembling his own "dream team" in New Jersey, only to see it self-destruct and lose early in the playoffs! Someone like this doesn't deserve to be rewarded with more fame and riches so I hope The Suns go down in flames to Denver even though I'm a big Devin Booker fan! :rolleyes: :omg::);):stir:

MJ was prettier to watch, Lebron is just a brute. I really don't like the guy at all but what he's doing in the playoffs right now after 20 years in the league is ridiculous.

In this league, without the hand-check and hard fouls, MJ would have scored 50 per night.

You and me both! Never cared for someone like KD who's so thin-skinned! Golden State all but begged him to play in Oakland, paid him the max, & deferred to him, stroking that ego though the team belonged to Curry! I loved him assembling his own "dream team" in New Jersey, only to see it self-destruct and lose early in the playoffs! Someone like this doesn't deserve to be rewarded with more fame and riches so I hope The Suns go down in flames to Denver even though I'm a big Devin Booker fan! :rolleyes: :omg::);):stir:

Oh God...you think KD was the bad guy? Westbrook is the Marbury and Carmelo Anthony of his time. He's the square peg trying to fit into the round hole.

Fuck Russell Westbrook.

Oh God...you think KD was the bad guy? Westbrook is the Marbury and Carmelo Anthony of his time. He's the square peg trying to fit into the round hole.

Fuck Russell Westbrook.

Most stars are bad guys; even LeBron! Their egos are out of control, it's never enough money, & they think nothing of "dogging" it if it isn't a contract year! Injury prone players should definitely be more humble, like that beast Zion Willaimson! He knows his chronic injuries have to do w/ conditioning and carrying around all that weight, but that huge salary isn't enough for him to exert some self-control and lose some that lard! In Baseball it's even worse; again w/ guaranteed contracts and zero accountability w/ failures! :omg: :);):stir:

Hmmm that's pure speculation. It's always fun to put an all-time great into another era but it is a 'what if' exercise.

MJ is better than LBJ. Scottie Pippen will say otherwise but Pippen is jealous and he wasn't shit once he left Chicago, so he needs to deal with that.

MJ is better than LBJ. Scottie Pippen will say otherwise but Pippen is jealous and he wasn't shit once he left Chicago, so he needs to deal with that.
Would MJ have been MJ without Scottie Pippen? That's another interesting speculative topic. I'm thinking MJ doesn't get 6 rings without Pippen. Maybe 4.

Would MJ have been MJ without Scottie Pippen? That's another interesting speculative topic. I'm thinking MJ doesn't get 6 rings without Pippen. Maybe 4.

MJ played all 81 games always with 6 all NBA Defense by himself.

Nowdays Irvin, AD, Harden? They take off years and demand trades. Owners actually re-sugn the clowns?

They Get fat, out of shape to force their way out (Harden). One good game in three years yesterday.

That said...AD has decided to play a few games suddenly. Rim protector-scorer suddenly after out for years? Looks like a montain near the rim.

I'm not a Lebron fan but he amazes me what he is doing at 38 years old and 20 years in the league. As much as I am a Jordan fan, Lebron has well exceeded him by now as GOAT imo. AD is the only guy I see that can match up with Jokic. If James and Davis stay healthy they could beat Denver.

Here is why I disagree. And I may have to change my vote on who's the GOAT after I make my argument. LOL.

I'm sure when Jordan won his 6th and we were calling him the GOAT, I'm sure old guys back then were saying Bill Russell was because he won an unthinkable 11

So based on the reasons I say Jordan is the goat, because he never lost in the finals, because he has MORE rings than Lebron, then I guess I need to change my vote to Bill Russell.

Is Bill even on the Mount Rushmore of basketball? They never talk about him when they talk about the greatest players. Never. Why not?

So why is Lebron better than Bill?

A five-time NBA Most Valuable Player (MVP) and a 12-time NBA All-Star, he was the centerpiece of the Celtics dynasty that won 11 NBA championships during his 13-year career.

Maybe this is why? Russell only averaged 15.1 points per game

I think MJ and LBJ are very close, actually. The one thing I'd give LeBron the edge in is rebounds. He's physically bigger than MJ, so his rebounding and his shot blocking are better. No doubt.

MJ was better in terms of putting the ball on the floor and creating his own shot. They're probably both good at stealing the ball. They're both good at distribution. Sometimes I think LBJ has been unselfish to a fault, meaning that he dished to other teammates when he should have taken over the game.

If there's an intangible it's that MJ was just better in clutch moments. Give MJ the shot and there's a really good chance he kills you. LBJ? Maybe.

If MJ played with Lebron he would take it very personal that we are even comparing someone else to him and he would have taken insult and punished Lebron every time they played. That's the difference. MJ when he wasn't playing basketball was competing at something, anything else. Maybe cards, pitching pennies, etc. He was soooo competitive. And he would have beat Lebron every time they met in the finals. PERIOD. When Jordan felt his teammates weren't trying hard enough, he fought with them. I think him and Steve Kerr got in a fight. But that attitude is why they won so much. Lebron isn't that kind of leader. If his team can't hang then he just goes to another team that is built to win it all. Jordan made his teammates champions.

Remember Jordan's Bulls won the record for most wins in a season? That takes a competitive person.

LeBron James had his best record in a season in 2008-09, with a record of 66-15 (not bad. but was the east weak that season? probably)

Jordan best season 72 and 10.

Fuck Russell Westbrook.
I like KD but I think he has a bad attitude. But then this morning they were interviewing him on NBA tv and actually, he's a decent guy.

I used to love Westbook and for some reason I stopped. But now I'm a fan again. He took over when Leonard got hurt. Hopefully next year the two play well together. For some reason Westbrook was CURSED while on the Lakers. He even missed layups. LOL. Can't wait to see next year.

Westbook and Harden aren't champs because they have to be the ball hog. That's when they are at their best. When it's all about them. That's not team championship basketball. Reminds me of Allen Iverson. Great player but not a champ.

If MJ played with Lebron he would take it very personal that we are even comparing someone else to him and he would have taken insult and punished Lebron every time they played. That's the difference. MJ when he wasn't playing basketball was competing at something, anything else. Maybe cards, pitching pennies, etc. He was soooo competitive. And he would have beat Lebron every time they met in the finals. PERIOD. When Jordan felt his teammates weren't trying hard enough, he fought with them. I think him and Steve Kerr got in a fight. But that attitude is why they won so much. Lebron isn't that kind of leader. If his team can't hang then he just goes to another team that is built to win it all. Jordan made his teammates champions.

Remember Jordan's Bulls won the record for most wins in a season? That takes a competitive person.

LeBron James had his best record in a season in 2008-09, with a record of 66-15 (not bad. but was the east weak that season? probably)

Jordan best season 72 and 10.

If we're being accurate here, we have to remember that they played different positions. Jordan was mostly a shooting guard because he was undersized at the forward position. James is a forward. Strong enough to play power forward and athletic enough to play small forward.

Both players expanded their games to be extremely versatile. Both are exceptional offensive players who mastered the art of defense. James is arguably a better inside defender and rebounder, and he has had to play defense in an era that's harder to play defense, so I give him his due. But if you look at how Steph Curry takes over games now, just think of how MJ would have done it in this era.

I like KD but I think he has a bad attitude. But then this morning they were interviewing him on NBA tv and actually, he's a decent guy.

I used to love Westbook and for some reason I stopped. But now I'm a fan again. He took over when Leonard got hurt. Hopefully next year the two play well together. For some reason Westbrook was CURSED while on the Lakers. He even missed layups. LOL. Can't wait to see next year.

Westbook and Harden aren't champs because they have to be the ball hog. That's when they are at their best. When it's all about them. That's not team championship basketball. Reminds me of Allen Iverson. Great player but not a champ.

I tried to give Westbrook a chance to mature when he was coached by Brooks. As you say, forever the ball hog. Had to get his touches. Had to score 50-60 per game to get his stats up and didn't care what impact it had on the team.

Westbrook is also really sloppy at times, turns the ball over by just being a dumb player. I'll take KD over RW any day of the week and it's not even close.

Um, no. I can never agree with that take, and I speak as a LBJ and Lakers fan. Michael Jordan is the best player to play the game.

Lebron has been to 10 finals and won 4. Jordan went to 6 and won 6.

Who did Lebron lose to?

Spurs he got SWEPT.

Dallas beats him 4 to 2. Him, Wade and Bosch. Would Jordan have lost to Dirk Nowitski? No wayski.

Spurs win 4 to 1

Warriors win 4 to 2

Warriors win 4 to 1

Warriors win 4 to 0

This is why when I look back, my memory says Jordan was way better. Don't remember him losing. Don't remember him cramping up in one finals like Lebron did. I remember a flu but he won that game.

I remember the years Lebron ruled the East, the east was weak as fuck. Proof of it is how Lebron's teams got whipped in the finals against the Western conference champs.

Lebron has been to 10 finals and won 4. Jordan went to 6 and won 6.

Who did Lebron lose to?

Spurs he got SWEPT.

Dallas beats him 4 to 2. Him, Wade and Bosch. Would Jordan have lost to Dirk Nowitski? No wayski.

Spurs win 4 to 1

Warriors win 4 to 2

Warriors win 4 to 1

Warriors win 4 to 0

This is why when I look back, my memory says Jordan was way better. Don't remember him losing. Don't remember him cramping up in one finals like Lebron did. I remember a flu but he won that game.

I remember the years Lebron ruled the East, the east was weak as fuck. Proof of it is how Lebron's teams got whipped in the finals against the Western conference champs.

Well, in defense of King James, some of those teams wouldn't have gotten past the first round of the playoffs without him. I think after 1988-89, Jordan had a better supporting cast than any of James teams when he was with the Cavs. With the Heat? Yeah, James had a great supporting cast and still lost twice. The 2010-11 Heat I can kind of understand because they were trying to sort themselves out as a unit, but getting blasted by the Spurs in 2013-14...yeah, that was embarrassing.

If we're being accurate here, we have to remember that they played different positions. Jordan was mostly a shooting guard because he was undersized at the forward position. James is a forward. Strong enough to play power forward and athletic enough to play small forward.

Both players expanded their games to be extremely versatile. Both are exceptional offensive players who mastered the art of defense. James is arguably a better inside defender and rebounder, and he has had to play defense in an era that's harder to play defense, so I give him his due. But if you look at how Steph Curry takes over games now, just think of how MJ would have done it in this era.

Honestly I hate talking shit about Lebron. And if I was making a Mount Rushmore they'd both be on it. EVERYONE ELSE you could argue maybe they should be on it too but these two guys are for sure on it. You can say Kobe, Bird, Magic, Dr J, etc. Some will argue though. But no one is saying Lebron and MJ don't belong on it.

Who did Jordan beat? My Bad Boys and Bird in the East. Patrick Ewing, Reggie, Alanzo Mourning. All those guys in the east. Whipped them.

In the finals he beat Lakers, Blazers and Suns. Then Seattle and Jazz twice. The Utah Jazz may be the greatest team to never win. Malone Stockton had/have records. I saw a documentary on them the other day on NBA TV. Those guys should have won a ring. If not for Jordan. So Jordan beat some great teams.

The teams Lebron lost to in the finals. Would Jodan have lost to any of those teams? No fucking way.

Well, in defense of King James, some of those teams wouldn't have gotten past the first round of the playoffs without him. I think after 1988-89, Jordan had a better supporting cast than any of James teams when he was with the Cavs. With the Heat? Yeah, James had a great supporting cast and still lost twice. The 2010-11 Heat I can kind of understand because they were trying to sort themselves out as a unit, but getting blasted by the Spurs in 2013-14...yeah, that was embarrassing.

This is how great Jordan was. He beat the Bad Boys. We had been to the finals 3 years in a row. Won 2 of them. He had to overcome us. And he did not have that great of a team. He was CLEARLY the leader of that team. Hands down. Sure, you have to have a Scotty Pippen but look who the Bulls beat to go to their first finals

Jordan went to the University of Lakers, Piston's and Celtics. He learned from the best. Then won 6 championships.

Lebron should have more rings. If some of his finals flops were championships, he would be the GOAT. But he lost a couple more than he should have.

I'll give him this. He handled those losses with dignity and just keep on chugging forward. Nothing to be ashamed about. 4 rings. He has owned this league for 20 years. The best for 20 years. Hard to argue he's not the greatest. But I saw Jordan play and I know what he would have done to Lebron Cramps in the Finals James would do if he ever had to face MJ.

Will Curry, Lebron or Kevin Durant ever win another championship? I say no. But I'm usually wrong. So I should say I hope they don't. I hope they all retire with what they have now. 4, 4 and 2. But will be happy for any of them if they win again. I'm not a hater. I just don't root for them like I do Tiger Woods. I root against them like I do Novak Djokovic in Tennis. But if I met any of them I'd bow in awe.

I hope Nikola Jokić wins this year.

No way Boston will win it all will they? They could! Or they could get knocked out by the 76rs. Can't wait for the next game. Lakes Warriors tonight. I think Lebron played well in game 1

22 points and 11 rebounds.

Who I'd really love to see win it all is the Knicks. No fucking way.

Will Curry, Lebron or Kevin Durant ever win another championship? I say no. But I'm usually wrong. So I should say I hope they don't. I hope they all retire with what they have now. 4, 4 and 2. But will be happy for any of them if they win again. I'm not a hater. I just don't root for them like I do Tiger Woods. I root against them like I do Novak Djokovic in Tennis. But if I met any of them I'd bow in awe.

I hope Nikola Jokić wins this year.

No way Boston will win it all will they? They could! Or they could get knocked out by the 76rs. Can't wait for the next game. Lakes Warriors tonight. I think Lebron played well in game 1

22 points and 11 rebounds.

Who I'd really love to see win it all is the Knicks. No fucking way.

I sometimes think 1 seeds aren't built for post-season, but I think the Nuggets might be.

Forum List

Back