A tip of the cap to Russell Westbrook. He beat my Suns with his defense.

Honestly I hate talking shit about Lebron. And if I was making a Mount Rushmore they'd both be on it. EVERYONE ELSE you could argue maybe they should be on it too but these two guys are for sure on it. You can say Kobe, Bird, Magic, Dr J, etc. Some will argue though. But no one is saying Lebron and MJ don't belong on it.

Who did Jordan beat? My Bad Boys and Bird in the East. Patrick Ewing, Reggie, Alanzo Mourning. All those guys in the east. Whipped them.

Actually, the Knicks didn't beat Jordan; Chicago lost in 1994 after his first retirement, and they lost to the Orlando Magic the year he came back in mid-season. Jordan's conditioning and skill weren't quite there and they needed some help. I think the next year is when they went out and got Kukoc and Ron Harper.

In my mind the 1996-98 Bulls (especially 1996) were the best team I've ever seen and unlike most teams of that era, I think they could have fit right into the modern era of fast break and 3-point shooting. Defensively as good as any team I can remember. They could play slow, physical, half-court b-ball or they could play up-tempo, I think. They had hardly any weaknesses.

In the finals he beat Lakers, Blazers and Suns. Then Seattle and Jazz twice. The Utah Jazz may be the greatest team to never win. Malone Stockton had/have records. I saw a documentary on them the other day on NBA TV. Those guys should have won a ring. If not for Jordan. So Jordan beat some great teams.

Agreed that the Jazz probably would have won at least 1 championship had the Bulls not been standing in their way. The 1996 Sonics were also a really, really good team that won 65 games during the year.

The teams Lebron lost to in the finals. Would Jodan have lost to any of those teams? No fucking way.

I don't know...San Antonio did have some outstanding teams, especially in 2007 and 2014. But I still think those 96 Bulls were better. Would have been interesting to see two teams like that tangle. Certainly the edge goes to Spurs at the center and forward positions. But I think the Bulls would have had the edge elsewhere.

I sometimes think 1 seeds aren't built for post-season, but I think the Nuggets might be.
The first round would suck if the 1 always beat the 8, 2 always beat the 7, 3 always beat the 6 and the 4 always beat the 5.

I have to admit it will be nice to have a white champ again. In my life Dirk Nowitski, Larry Bird, Kevin Love, Pau Gasol, Bill Walton, Ginobli, McHale, Nash, Stockton, . The list is short.

Steve Nash and Stockton never won a championship either.

When black people talk about how proud they were to have Joe Lewis or Mohammad Ali, it isn't racist for me to love it when a white guy is relevant in the NBA. It's rare. It's like black guys being good at golf. Was it racist that black people only watch when Tiger's playing? LOL.

Very impressed with this Laker coach! Playing real ball vs "controlled chaos" SF ball. He also got them by Memphis.

Helps to have AD willing to play right now. He killed Memphis getting Morant paint points etc. SF plays outside.

We'll see. Yes we will. I look in on it occasionally now.

Finally. Yes it's SF. OAK lost them too.

Actually, the Knicks didn't beat Jordan; Chicago lost in 1994 after his first retirement, and they lost to the Orlando Magic the year he came back in mid-season. Jordan's conditioning and skill weren't quite there and they needed some help. I think the next year is when they went out and got Kukoc and Ron Harper.

In my mind the 1996-98 Bulls (especially 1996) were the best team I've ever seen and unlike most teams of that era, I think they could have fit right into the modern era of fast break and 3-point shooting. Defensively as good as any team I can remember. They could play slow, physical, half-court b-ball or they could play up-tempo, I think. They had hardly any weaknesses.

Agreed that the Jazz probably would have won at least 1 championship had the Bulls not been standing in their way. The 1996 Sonics were also a really, really good team that won 65 games during the year.

I don't know...San Antonio did have some outstanding teams, especially in 2007 and 2014. But I still think those 96 Bulls were better. Would have been interesting to see two teams like that tangle. Certainly the edge goes to Spurs at the center and forward positions. But I think the Bulls would have had the edge elsewhere.

The Knicks won on a bad call at the end of game 7; HUGH Hollins' a "forever" d!ck! When it came to Orlando the following season's playoffs, The Bulls allowed too many offensive rebounds, giving The Magic 3 or 4 chances to make a basket! That was the reason they brought in Rodman to help with the problem! They went as far as to ask Scotty Pippin if he could handle Dennis being on the team after so much bad blood with The Pistons! :omg: :);)

Very impressed with this Laker coach! Playing real ball vs "controlled chaos" SF ball. He also got them by Memphis.

Helps to have AD willing to play right now. He killed Memphis getting Morant paint points etc. SF plays outside.

It sucks that Oakland has lost 2 teams and seems likely to lose the A's as well. Oakland is a good sports town. The fans in East Bay are passionate and loud but for the most part, not super crazy; the fans in SF are usually assholes and there's some gangland shit that's been creeping into SF sports lately.

The Knicks won on a bad call at the end of game 7; HUGH Hollins' a "forever" d!ck! When it came to Orlando the following season's playoffs, The Bulls allowed too many offensive rebounds, giving The Magic 3 or 4 chances to make a basket! That was the reason they brought in Rodman to help with the problem! They went as far as to ask Scotty Pippin if he could handle Dennis being on the team after so much bad blood with The Pistons! :omg: :);)

Good analysis. I'd forgotten that they brought Rodman in the following year, but you're spot on. The Bulls ran into a buzz saw in the up-and-coming but mentally fragile Orlando Magic. They went out and thrashed them the following year. Same O-town team. But total beat-down.

I still think that GS at their best is better than LA at theirs, but this is still a winnable series if LA can be disruptive on defense and capitalize on their offensive possessions. Rebounding will be key.

A very underrated part of GS's game - for the last 8 years - has been their versatility. They've got rebounders. They've got shot-blockers. They've got guys who specialize in defense but those guys can also have big nights offensively. Lots of interchangeable parts.

I still think that GS at their best is better than LA at theirs, but this is still a winnable series if LA can be disruptive on defense and capitalize on their offensive possessions. Rebounding will be key.

A very underrated part of GS's game - for the last 8 years - has been their versatility. They've got rebounders. They've got shot-blockers. They've got guys who specialize in defense but those guys can also have big nights offensively. Lots of interchangeable parts.

Yep. So much for my 2cents. I glanced back, LA down 22. You SF guys may be right .

Why does AD take every other game off? One game he's great the next he aint. Like he can only give 100% one game in a row. It's like having Kyrie on your team and he can't play home games. LOL

The Phoenix Suns & KD went down in flames to the #1 Denver Nuggets! Maybe the commentators can get off that train of GSW needing Kevin Durant when he hasn't done $#!t since he left them in the lurch several years ago! His experiment in Brooklyn was a colossal fail and now the Suns go out like they did last season; w/o a whimper & losing by 25+ again on their own floor receiving "boos" from the fans! It's called Karma for such an egomaniac! Hopefully GSW can pull it together tonight to win game 6 over the LAL! :dunno: :rolleyes::omg::)

Forum List

Back