A tough week for the Right Wing

The flag /was/ taken off the capitol building years ago, it flies over a confederate memorial that happens to be on/near the capitol grounds.
It's right in front of the capitol. You'd have to make a point to walk up to it to see that it's adjacent to a Confederate memorial. What's more, the entire memorial and all vestiges of history that democrats don't like will be stricken from all historical records. To be consistent.

Just as a perspective, here are some actual pictures of what we're talking about today with the confederate flag issue:

img-South-Carolina-lawmakers-weigh-in-on-removal-of-Confederate-flag-from-state-Capitol-grounds.jpg

confederate-flag-south-carolina-virginia.jpg

29906170001_4313776908001_4313723081001-vs.jpg

772Charleston%20Shooting%20Confederate%20Flag.JPEG

And when it was actually on the capitol building:

o-CONFEDERATE-FLAG-COLUMBIA-570.jpg

Now I can see the argument that it is kind of "in your face", yes. However, the objection relies entirely upon the individual's personal opinion of the flag, not upon the actual opinions of those who fly it.

It is /not/ improper to fly a confederate flag on a confederate memorial.

I think a better, more fair, tact would be that we move the confederate memorial to a new location with it's flag.

Think that they are going to have a big.run on anti-depressants, and have to open another radio talk show to vent. Everyone else will get over it, and focus on economics, foreign policy, and the election.

They said the same thing about abortion after roe vs wade. And look how that turned out.

Although to be honest, I'm not quite sure what all the hubbub is about with gays getting married. So what !

Think that they are going to have a big.run on anti-depressants, and have to open another radio talk show to vent. Everyone else will get over it, and focus on economics, foreign policy, and the election.

They said the same thing about abortion after roe vs wade. And look how that turned out.

Although to be honest, I'm not quite sure what all the hubbub is about with gays getting married. So what !
Abortion fucks up kids before they're born and homo marriage fucks them up after they're born.

Well...economics, foreign policy...it would be nice if the asshole in office actually worked on those things....it would be avout time.......how much territory can isis take before he takes them serioulsly....and the economy needs to be set free....
Trust you?

The cost of health care is flattening, making it less expensive than it would have been, the quality is better, and more innovative.

Marriage Equality is less an issue today than yesterday and will be barely mentioned in next year's election. The GOP is very grateful for the ruling.

Abortion fucks up kids before they're born and homo marriage fucks them up after they're born.

That's a whole lotta fucking going on in your world.

It has been a rough and tumble week for all those Social and Fiscal Conservatives.

The politically motivated, yet Fiscal Conservatives now find all their efforts to derail the Affordable Care Act have derailed themselves.

Social Conservatives! Oh Vey! The Confederate flag was out of style faster than bell bottoms in the 80s. A tactless mistake in South Carolina where it could have been off the pole at the State House without any acclaim was the fuse that lit the bomb. When Wal-mart stops selling it, you're flag is doomed.

Then today! The legal affirmation that Liberty must extend to each and every American or it is extended to nobody. And somehow, against all ethical thought, Social Conservative take another fit of pique.

Has there been a week such as this when freedom rang throughout the land? Maybe not since Appomattox. Or when women secured the right to vote. Or the day the Civil Rights Act was signed.

Wore 'bell bottoms' in the Navy as recently as the 90s. Act as a floatation device the legs. :)

Must be a shit ton of "fucked up kids" in the world...

Full joint adoption by same-sex couples is currently legal in the following countries:
Full joint adoption by same-sex couples is currently legal in the following subnational jurisdictions:

The following countries permit step-child adoption in which the partner in a registered partnership (or in an unregistered cohabitation) can adopt the natural, and in some cases the adopted, child of his or her partner:

The cost of health care is flattening, making it less expensive than it would have been, the quality is better, and more innovative.

What a crock....more health insurance companies are going out of business, a business analyst on the radio went through the list yesterday.......the cost of healthcare is going to sky rocket for everyone....just as designed..

Fear mongering, nothing else. Health insurance industry is doing very well. We have been hearing about the impending crash for yeas, as we have about the cost of health care sky rocketing. Fear mongering by you, nothing else.

Remember the Bush/Gore fiasco in Florida? And it had to be decided by the courts?

Remember what the republicans kept saying after that decision? "We won, get over it".

Well........We won!! Get over it! (ain't karma a bitch)

i do not understand nor can i comprehend why this issue is so overblown in this country.....families...form all kinds of bonds..and their bond is as true as anyone elses....i just hope they do not achieve the high divorce rates that heterosexual marriages have

o please winter.....i love how they define mandates.....but only if their party wins...
Remember the glee they showed over the Citizens United decision?

But yesterday when freedom was extended to more American citizens, the Conservatives howl over what they see as a dire constitutional crisis.

It makes me wonder how Conservatives define 'freedom'.

That's a whole lotta fucking going on in your world.
It's 'fucking up' and it's going on with live children in the neocon lefty democrat world.

Must be a shit ton of "fucked up kids" in the world...

Full joint adoption by same-sex couples is currently legal in the following countries:
Full joint adoption by same-sex couples is currently legal in the following subnational jurisdictions:

The following countries permit step-child adoption in which the partner in a registered partnership (or in an unregistered cohabitation) can adopt the natural, and in some cases the adopted, child of his or her partner:

There are and you leave out the kids who are intentionally raised in single parent homes. Lots of fucking up going on. But don't let your propaganda stop you from being fooled.

Forum List

Back