A wake-up call

Did nobody gain anything from the message contained in the video.

I did. The message is a beautiful sermon. This is where Jesus is. Where there is lonliness, despair, sorrow, isolation. This is where he lives. Not inside the 4 walls of a church building.

It is easy for people to go to a church building once a week - even twice - it has become a social religion - the church in America - but Christ is outside the 4 walls of the church, people.

I did. The message is a beautiful sermon. This is where Jesus is. Where there is lonliness, despair, sorrow, isolation. This is where he lives. Not inside the 4 walls of a church building.

It is easy for people to go to a church building once a week - even twice - it has become a social religion - the church in America - but Christ is outside the 4 walls of the church, people.

Or three times ... Did you ever hear the Steeple Song, by Don Francisco? Look it up on YouTube. Excellent message.

I had a wake up call a few months ago from someone reading my threads. From that experience I decided to rethink my style of communication on the religion forum and haven't written many threads on there since. People are the most important thing not being right or thinking we're right and that gets lost sometimes. It shouldn't.

Or three times ... Did you ever hear the Steeple Song, by Don Francisco? Look it up on YouTube. Excellent message.

No. I will look it up, BD. Thanks.

No. I will look it up, BD. Thanks.

Let me know what you think. :thup:

Chuck,

you, as literalist and rigid follower of your own interpretation of what you read, might benefit from reminding of this:

Matthew 22:36-40

36 “Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?”

37 Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’[a] 38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’

40 All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”

Last edited:
You could have all the gifts, the greatest wisdom, bible knowledge, degrees but if you didn't have love then it was all for nothing. In fact all of those things could be used as a weapon against those who need the love the most! ( if the messenger didn't have love ) Love has to be the motive. Without it every work would be counted as nothing.

but if they don't hear the gospel, they are basically going to hell in my understanding.

The only ones going to hell are the ones that refuse to except God's rules. Imagine all the "so called" christians that get to the pearly gates, and God says, "The Muslims, the Buddhists, the Hindus, the Jews, AND the Christians are ALL my people. Do you except them too?" How many will not be able to except that? In order for God to except you, you must except God's creation. Getting them to be like you, is like them trying to make you like them. I think a lot of Muslims need to learn that lesson too. God made everyone to be who they are.

but if they don't hear the gospel, they are basically going to hell in my understanding.

The only ones going to hell are the ones that refuse to except God's rules. Imagine all the "so called" christians that get to the pearly gates, and God says, "The Muslims, the Buddhists, the Hindus, the Jews, AND the Christians are ALL my people. Do you except them too?" How many will not be able to except that? In order for God to except you, you must except God's creation. Getting them to be like you, is like them trying to make you like them. I think a lot of Muslims need to learn that lesson too. God made everyone to be who they are.

Geez, talk about mind control. There's zero proof of a god who wants us to obey some random bunch of made up stories.

Geez, talk about mind control. There's zero proof of a god who wants us to obey some random bunch of made up stories.
So how did you become an authority on what is made up stories?

The only ones going to hell are the ones that refuse to except God's rules.
Imagine all the "so called" christians that get to the pearly gates, and God says, "The Muslims, the Buddhists, the Hindus, the Jews, AND the Christians are ALL my people. Do you except them too?" How many will not be able to except that? In order for God to except you, you must except God's creation. Getting them to be like you, is like them trying to make you like them. I think a lot of Muslims need to learn that lesson too. God made everyone to be who they are.

... So how did you become an authority on what is made up stories?

for instance the "10 Commandments" - the originals, if they ever existed are lost yet scripturalists use their own without penance.

there is no scripture that supersedes what is available for all individuals to discern for themselves the true path to the Everlasting.

Stories without proof, like Noah, how did he get all the animals from the other continents onto his boat and back? ...

Boop,

It is something the emergent church or movie church would put out teaching a half truth. It is giving people what they want instead of what they need. Aaron catered to felt needs and gave people what they wanted which was a molten calf and what did it do for them? It got them in trouble with God. It wasn't what they needed.

The social gospel is not the gospel. You can love people all you want and they won't be transformed but if they don't hear the gospel, they are basically going to hell in my understanding.

Chuck

Chuck

Believe it or not, the entire world doesn't revolve around Jesus. Even if it did, it wouldn't revolve around your version of him.

Boop,

It is something the emergent church or movie church would put out teaching a half truth. It is giving people what they want instead of what they need. Aaron catered to felt needs and gave people what they wanted which was a molten calf and what did it do for them? It got them in trouble with God. It wasn't what they needed.

The social gospel is not the gospel. You can love people all you want and they won't be transformed but if they don't hear the gospel, they are basically going to hell in my understanding.

Chuck

Chuck

Believe it or not, the entire world doesn't revolve around Jesus. Even if it did, it wouldn't revolve around your version of him.

My message will still be the same regardless if people accept it or not.

Boop,

Chuck

Chuck

That makes your message a false gospel. The true one is good news.

Boop,

Chuck

Chuck

You keep telling people that everyone that is not you is wrong and you can be sure of one thing, no one will receive it.

attachment.php

Forum List

Back