A wake-up call

That makes your message a false gospel. The true one is good news.

The true one is what God says and affirms it is.

Yup. And that would be the gospel of good news.

Yours is not.

Yours is "The death of Christ meant nothing. There is no grace. Do more, and try harder."

I've been loving my neighbor. They hit a telephone pole with their car. They were airlifted to a hospital. A social worker called and left a message on our answering machine asking if we could take them home from the hospital. I show up at the hospital so that the doctor can take me seriously and the doctor thinks about it and says when they can go home. I take my neighbor home but the other neighbor has to go in to a rehab facility. So I let my neighbor call me every day when she wants to get picked up and I take her home so she has help being with her husband.

I cut their grass for them. I helped them lift their generator and put it in place for the hurricane season. I've given them jumps when their battery is dead.

They still have a pride issue. The power went out. I asked if I could turn her generator on for her. She says "no" and we were out of power for 15 hours when Hurricane Sandy hit and our other neighbor invited us to plug into theirs. I since then bought our own generator and our power went out for three days when the ice storm hit. I invited to run a line from my generator to her house and she said, "no". We had neighbors who invited her to their house to get warm and she said, "no". I asked my neighbor if we could take her to a shelter and she said, "no". Her friend came down and called the police on her because her house dropped 10 degrees the first night and went down to 50 F the second night.

We got eight inches of snow and I was shoveling the driveway and she was yelling out the window at me to use her snow blower.

In any event, it doesn't matter how much you love someone. Love isn't going to change them for the better.

I got the Salvation Army pastor upset at me because they have a whole staff that tries to fix people. They have a shelter for people on drugs and alcohol. People complain they aren't in the program long enough to work.

John 5:7 The impotent man answered him, Sir, I have no man, when the water is troubled, to put me into the pool: but while I am coming, another steppeth down before me.

John 5:8 Jesus saith unto him, Rise, take up thy bed, and walk.

What ability does a paralyzed man have in taking up his bed and walking? None, right? But when God says to take up your bed and walk, He gives them the ability and yet God tells us how to live right so when He tells us how to live right, He gives us the ability. When we love people and they can't behave then it isn't loving them enough that is their problem. They agape darkness rather than light.

The problem is not us loving people enough. The problem is that people have walls and won't yield to God's power.

Our neighbor knows we're Christians but won't complain about us but she will gossip about the Christian family across the street because she hates Christians and it is the same reason why she will say she loves us but still yells at me through the window to use her snow blower after saying the day before not to use the snow blower. I just decided to do the driveway myself and still do her walk and back walk by hand and shovel. She still has a reason to complain about free snow removal. I do my shoveling of my house and I love my neighbor as myself by shoveling her house.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfdNhhOF8aA]Patty Smyth and Don Henley - Sometimes Love Just Ain't Enough (Lyrics) - YouTube[/ame]

We don't listen to your sloppy agape because few people respond to love.

We ask two questions:

(1) What is right?
(2) What is just?

Because sometimes love just isn't enough.

The true one is what God says and affirms it is.

Yup. And that would be the gospel of good news.

Yours is not.

Yours is "The death of Christ meant nothing. There is no grace. Do more, and try harder."

I've been loving my neighbor. They hit a telephone pole with their car. They were airlifted to a hospital. A social worker called and left a message on our answering machine asking if we could take them home from the hospital. I show up at the hospital so that the doctor can take me seriously and the doctor thinks about it and says when they can go home. I take my neighbor home but the other neighbor has to go in to a rehab facility. So I let my neighbor call me every day when she wants to get picked up and I take her home so she has help being with her husband.

I cut their grass for them. I helped them lift their generator and put it in place for the hurricane season. I've given them jumps when their battery is dead.

They still have a pride issue. The power went out. I asked if I could turn her generator on for her. She says "no" and we were out of power for 15 hours when Hurricane Sandy hit and our other neighbor invited us to plug into theirs. I since then bought our own generator and our power went out for three days when the ice storm hit. I invited to run a line from my generator to her house and she said, "no". We had neighbors who invited her to their house to get warm and she said, "no". I asked my neighbor if we could take her to a shelter and she said, "no". Her friend came down and called the police on her because her house dropped 10 degrees the first night and went down to 50 F the second night.

We got eight inches of snow and I was shoveling the driveway and she was yelling out the window at me to use her snow blower.

John 5:7 The impotent man answered him, Sir, I have no man, when the water is troubled, to put me into the pool: but while I am coming, another steppeth down before me.

John 5:8 Jesus saith unto him, Rise, take up thy bed, and walk.

What ability does a paralyzed man have in taking up his bed and walking? None, right? But when God says to take up your bed and walk, He gives them the ability and yet God tells us how to live right so when He tells us how to live right, He gives us the ability. When we love people and they can't behave then it isn't loving them enough that is their problem. They agape darkness rather than light.

The problem is not us loving people enough. The problem is that people have walls and won't yield to God's power.

Our neighbor knows we're Christians but won't complain about us but she will gossip about the Christian family across the street because she hates Christians and it is the same reason why she will say she loves us but still yells at me through the window to use her snow blower after saying the day before not to use the snow blower. I just decided to do the driveway myself and still do her walk and back walk by hand and shovel. She still has a reason to complain about free snow removal. I do my shoveling of my house and I love my neighbor as myself by shoveling her house.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfdNhhOF8aA]Patty Smyth and Don Henley - Sometimes Love Just Ain't Enough (Lyrics) - YouTube[/ame]

We don't listen to your sloppy agape because few people respond to love.

We ask two questions:

(1) What is right?
(2) What is just?

Because sometimes love just isn't enough.

Love is stronger than death. What do you mean love just isn't enough?! Yes, it is. Look at what you believe about love and think about this:

You say - In any event, it doesn't matter how much you love someone. Love isn't going to change them for the better.

I got the Salvation Army pastor upset at me because they have a whole staff that tries to fix people. They have a shelter for people on drugs and alcohol. People complain they aren't in the program long enough to work.

and here's the truth - If love isn't enough then God is not enough because God is love.

Here is a better way - don't say anything and learn to love the person just as they are. Pray for them but don't let a negative word come out of your mouth or you'll cancel out your own prayers. Example: Lord, please teach me to love my neighbor as she is. Bless her and give her a heart full of joy and thankfulness. Bless her household and all she puts her hand to.
Later: I'm glad my neighbor has more joy today then she did yesterday. I'm glad God is blessing her home above everyone elses and she is seeing Gods goodness towards her today. It is wonderful to see her so happy...

OR...............negative version: I prayed for my neighbor but she's never going to change. Nothing will change her because she is just a prideful person who doesn't appreciate me and I know it! She hates Christians! I've got faith she'll stay that way!!! :eek:

and here's the truth - If love isn't enough then God is not enough because God is love.

Here is a better way - don't say anything and learn to love the person just as they are. Pray for them but don't let a negative word come out of your mouth or you'll cancel out your own prayers. Example: Lord, please teach me to love my neighbor as she is. Bless her and give her a heart full of joy and thankfulness. Bless her household and all she puts her hand to.
Later: I'm glad my neighbor has more joy today then she did yesterday. I'm glad God is blessing her home above everyone elses and she is seeing Gods goodness towards her today. It is wonderful to see her so happy...

OR...............negative version: I prayed for my neighbor but she's never going to change. Nothing will change her because she is just a prideful person who doesn't appreciate me and I know it! She hates Christians! I've got faith she'll stay that way!!! :eek:

John 1:5 And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

AV — take 3, apprehend 3, comprehend 2, come upon 1, attain 1, find 1, overtake 1, obtain 1

Strong's G2638 - katalambanō

Blue Letter Bible - Lexicon

The darkness cannot obtain this love. The darkness cannot apprehend this love. The darkness cannot comprehend or take this love. The darkness cannot find this love.

Young's Literal Translation
and the light in the darkness did shine, and the darkness did not perceive it.

American Standard Version
And the light shineth in the darkness; and the darkness apprehended it not.

Jamieson-Fausset-Brown Bible Commentary

5. shineth in darkness, &c.—in this dark, fallen world, or in mankind "sitting in darkness and the shadow of death," with no ability to find the way either of truth or of holiness. In this thick darkness, and consequent intellectual and moral obliquity, "the light of the Word" shineth—by all the rays whether of natural or revealed teaching which men (apart from the Incarnation of the Word) are favored with.

the darkness comprehended it not—did not take it in, a brief summary of the effect of all the strivings of this unincarnate Word throughout this wide world from the beginning, and a hint of the necessity of His putting on flesh, if any recovery of men was to be effected (1Co 1:21).

John 1:5 The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it.

"Darkness" and "light" are metaphors for moral conditions. Though there is a "light of men" which is the result of the meeting of man's capacity with Divine revelation, yet, for the most part, there is a terrible antagonism, a fearful negative, a veritable opposition to the light, a blinding of the eye of the soul to the clearest beam of heavenly wisdom, righteousness, and truth. Light has a battle to fight, both with the circumstances and the faculties of men. The ancient light which broke over the childhood of humanity, the brighter beams which fell on consciences irradiated and educated by a thousand ministries, the light which was focused in the incarnate Logos and diffused in all the "entrance of the Divine Word" into the heart of men, have all and always this solemn contingency to encounter - "The light shineth in the darkness." And the darkness apprehended it not. This word translated "apprehended" (κατέλαβε) has, in New Testament Greek, undoubtedly the sense of "laying hold with evil intent," "overtaking" (John 12:35; 1 Thessalonians 5:4; Mark 9:18), "suppressing" (Lunge), "overcoming" (Westcott and Moulton); and a fine sense would arise from this passage if it means that, while the light shone into the darkness, it did not scatter it, but, on the other hand, neither did the darkness suppress or absorb and neutralize the light.

John 1:5 The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it.

The darkness cannot absorb the light.

The second reason is that the conscience is seared:

1 Tmothyi 4:2 Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;

And the other reason is that it is their philosophy of life.

"If I accept something from you, I might owe you" and I will never owe you.

I had a wake up call a few months ago from someone reading my threads. From that experience I decided to rethink my style of communication on the religion forum and haven't written many threads on there since. People are the most important thing not being right or thinking we're right and that gets lost sometimes. It shouldn't.

You are absolutely right, [MENTION=40845]Jeremiah[/MENTION]. What flashed through my mind when I read what you said was NLT's post [#21] and I saw this image from the video!

attachment.php

If anyone is in desperate need for someone to care it is NLT. His posts are a cry for help. But he isn't the only one here like that. Unfortunately he is just one of many who come here seeking attention, any attention, even negative attention, which for them is better than none at all.

We forget that all too easily in thinking that we must be right and nothing else matters. The person behind the id matters more than who is right about some petty difference between ourselves.

Attachments

• $NeedsSomeoneToCare.JPG
    $NeedsSomeoneToCare.JPG
    25.5 KB · Views: 107
So anyway. The husband of my neighbor lived next door and died a few years ago and no one was invited to the funeral.

Relationships are reciprocal or complimentary and not being invited when you have done nothing wrong means that we are not going to receive or trade respect. We had a relationship. I cared about our neighbor. But I wasn't invited. That is their wishes and I respect that.

So anyway. The husband of my neighbor lived next door and died a few years ago and no one was invited to the funeral.

Relationships are reciprocal or complimentary and not being invited when you have done nothing wrong means that we are not going to receive or trade respect.

No, it doesn't. It means she wanted a private funeral with family only. It's her husband, Chuck. She can do that. ..... without disrespecting anyone. (funerals are not a social event )

• Thanks
Reactions: Vox

Relationships are reciprocal or complimentary and not being invited when you have done nothing wrong means that we are not going to receive or trade respect. We had a relationship. I cared about our neighbor. But I wasn't invited. That is their wishes and I respect that.

Why should she invite you to the funeral?

Real relationships are whatever they are. I don't recall Jesus getting upset when Mary didn't bring him food. In fact, I am pretty sure he said she didn't have to.

As Jesus and his disciples were on their way, he came to a village where a woman named Martha opened her home to him. She had a sister called Mary, who sat at the Lord's feet listening to what he said. But Martha was distracted by all the preparations that had to be made. She came to him and asked, "Lord, don't you care that my sister has left me to do the work by myself? Tell her to help me!" "Martha, Martha," the Lord answered, "you are worried and upset about many things, but only one thing is needed. Mary has chosen what is better, and it will not be taken away from her.

You need to stop acting religious and start being good.

attachment.php

Attachments

• $2014 - 1.jpg
    $2014 - 1.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 72

Real relationships are whatever they are. I don't recall Jesus getting upset when Mary didn't bring him food. In fact, I am pretty sure he said she didn't have to.

As Jesus and his disciples were on their way, he came to a village where a woman named Martha opened her home to him. She had a sister called Mary, who sat at the Lord's feet listening to what he said. But Martha was distracted by all the preparations that had to be made. She came to him and asked, "Lord, don't you care that my sister has left me to do the work by myself? Tell her to help me!" "Martha, Martha," the Lord answered, "you are worried and upset about many things, but only one thing is needed. Mary has chosen what is better, and it will not be taken away from her.

attachment.php

Why should she invite me to the funeral? Maybe you ought to ask why the nurses that took care of him for days were invited and all the neighbors who lived next to him for years weren't invited.

provisions are generally made for public and private ceremonies - there must be a reason for why the neighborhood was excluded ...

provisions are generally made for public and private ceremonies - there must be a reason for why the neighborhood was excluded ...

funerals are not ceremonies with reservations for public attendance. At least funerals of a private person, not an official.

attachment.php

Why should she invite me to the funeral? Maybe you ought to ask why the nurses that took care of him for days were invited and all the neighbors who lived next to him for years weren't invited.

Maybe she didn't invite you because she did not want to be preached to, Chuck.

attachment.php

Maybe she didn't invite you because she did not want to be preached to, Chuck.

I actually don't preach to them or talk to them because they have pride which I don't know how to overcome. The other answer is that I've been busy working on other writings and other things. I actually don't answer every post here because I don't have an answer for everything.

Last edited:
And there is your answer.

One of her neighbors parked in front of her house and she said, "You can park in front of my house but you can't say, 'hello'" and yet we've talked about other things.

Forum List

Back