A wake-up call

No means no.

My dad is in an independent living place and he woke up around 2 AM in the morning and he wanted lunch because he was confused. We had to put him in a memory unit because the staff said he was trying all the doors because he was confused and would eventually find his way outside and freeze to death so since he gave us power of attorney, the other power of attorney put him in a memory unit (and I didn't argue) and the common response is, "I don't want to be here, I want to leave and no one is taking me seriously". No one wants to do it but everyone understands because they can no longer care for themselves.

Last edited:
Boop,

It is something the emergent church or movie church would put out teaching a half truth. It is giving people what they want instead of what they need. Aaron catered to felt needs and gave people what they wanted which was a molten calf and what did it do for them? It got them in trouble with God. It wasn't what they needed.

The social gospel is not the gospel. You can love people all you want and they won't be transformed but if they don't hear the gospel, they are basically going to hell in my understanding.

Chuck

Chuck

Believe it or not, the entire world doesn't revolve around Jesus. Even if it did, it wouldn't revolve around your version of him.

Wind, the Bible does revolve around Jesus. He is prophesied about in the Old, and makes His debut and return in the New Testament. I know of no one else that the Bible calls Savior of Men.
So, if the entire world doesn't revolve around Him, the question I have for those whose worlds don't revolve around Him is, what part in your lives does He merit, if any at all?

If all the world needs now is love sweet love, as the requirement to enter heaven, then what role does Christ need to play?
Does He compliment the love you shower on the world?
Is He Bondo to fill in the gaps when you aren't so lovey?
If you can love your way into Heaven why did Christ think He was the answer to the sins of the world?
Why didn't He just show up for a few months telling us to amp up our love for one another, and then go home?

And if love is the way to Heaven, then whatever else Christ is in your life, He is also a liar. He said He was the way. The physical scars on His body are the way. He didn't say He'd help get you there, or the two of you need to work together to get there. On the contrary:
He said NO ONE goes to the Father but through Him. No one else's name is mentioned as a participant.
Will Christ and God confer about which sins you are responsible for and which ones Christ covered on the cross? "Dad, I paid for those two, but the next three are just Wind being unloving to Mr. K in 1973. That's on Wind........"

If love is what you are relying on, if that is what you need to get to Heaven, let's rate your chances, with 1. being Hitler, a total disregard for humanity and 10. being Mother Teresa who had nothing to call her own. No cell phones, or cars, or home. She got up every day and loved the sick and dying, cleaned other peoples children and fed them and cared for them with 0 minimum wage per hour. Slept in a bed someone else owned and spent every day of her life caring for others, giving everything she had to the sick, the destitute and needy. Then she went to bed so she could repeat the process all over again on Sat. and Sun. and Monday, and the next day and the next day until she died.

So:
1. Hitler
10. Mother Teresa.

And then the question I have is, "Does God judge your efforts on a curve?"
Will a 6 make it? :eusa_pray:

Last edited:
Pretty sure Jesus didn't keep track of who he gave water to or offered a piece of bread, but then became upset that that person didn't invite Him to get togethers or gathering with family on the banks of a river.
When one gives freely, through love, one does not use that giving as some sort of marker. That is not giving freely. That is expectation of something in return. Which was what I was trying to explain to Chuck but it kinda went over his head.
He told us how he snowblowed even though the woman didn't want him to, how he offered warmth and food, to which she still said no, to wondering why docs and nurses were invited to a funeral yet he was not, and on and on and on about his good deeds....still expecting something in return for all those good deeds done in the name of love. When it is given in love, there is no tag on it saying "payback time will be due when demanded".

I suspect he was not invited because the person not wanting him there more or less got what we get to read on his version of love.

So what do you know about the emergent church? You didn't offer any bibliographies or any information. It is like you don't want to discuss it. I think you are pretending to know more about subjects than you do and you are bluffing.

Enough to know you don't know anything about it. Everything you have against the emerging church is the same crap that the Catholic Church had against Martin Luther. That doesn't make them right, but it does reinforce the premise that you are wrong.

I tried taking a political science course until I discovered the instructor wanted us to watch 22 hours of television a week. He wanted to make us polyholic (political holics) which is a phrase he coined. He asked us to talk to our parents and grandparents. He wanted us to find old people. His reason what that even dumb people weren't stupid.

You dropped a course because you were afraid you might find out that other people aren't stupid? Want to explain how that makes any sense if you really love everyone?

It is said that Galileo once said that he never met a man so ignorant that he couldn't learn something from him. Personally, I think that is apocryphal, but I still take it to heart. People like you make it really hard to remember that, but I remind myself that I don't know everything.

If only you knew as little as I do.

I didn't make any decisions for other people.
I spoke my feelings about the matter.

You claimed that she was incompetent because she didn't invite you to a fucking funeral. That makes you a fucking asshole, even if you are right.

No. You read the wrong context into it and you wish to replace my good motives with bad motives. Our neighborhood didn't have electricity for three days because of a storm and the temperature dropped where you could get frostbite in your own home. We offered to run a line from our generator into her home so she could power an electric heater. She said,"no". We offered to take her to a Red Cross shelter and she said, "no". We have a neighbor who said she could get warm at their house. She didn't want to leave so her friend called police on her. He said she wasn't making good decisions. She may not even have food in her house so he made her go to his house. She could have died and froze in her own house. You are trying to read facts into the story that were not given to you in that response.

You have been bitching and moaning about how she didn't invite you to a funeral even though you offered her help. Frankly, I wouldn't invite you to a funeral either, nor would I accept your help. The reason for that is that it comes with strings. I have no idea why you attach strings to everything you do, but I am not the one talking about motives, you are. All I can point to is your despicable behavior.

Boop,

It is something the emergent church or movie church would put out teaching a half truth. It is giving people what they want instead of what they need. Aaron catered to felt needs and gave people what they wanted which was a molten calf and what did it do for them? It got them in trouble with God. It wasn't what they needed.

The social gospel is not the gospel. You can love people all you want and they won't be transformed but if they don't hear the gospel, they are basically going to hell in my understanding.

Chuck

Chuck

Believe it or not, the entire world doesn't revolve around Jesus. Even if it did, it wouldn't revolve around your version of him.

Wind, the Bible does revolve around Jesus. He is prophesied about in the Old, and makes His debut and return in the New Testament. I know of no one else that the Bible calls Savior of Men.
So, if the entire world doesn't revolve around Him, the question I have for those whose worlds don't revolve around Him is, what part in your lives does He merit, if any at all?

If all the world needs now is love sweet love, as the requirement to enter heaven, then what role does Christ need to play?
Does He compliment the love you shower on the world?
Is He Bondo to fill in the gaps when you aren't so lovey?
If you can love your way into Heaven why did Christ think He was the answer to the sins of the world?
Why didn't He just show up for a few months telling us to amp up our love for one another, and then go home?

And if love is the way to Heaven, then whatever else Christ is in your life, He is also a liar. He said He was the way. The physical scars on His body are the way. He didn't say He'd help get you there, or the two of you need to work together to get there. On the contrary:
He said NO ONE goes to the Father but through Him. No one else's name is mentioned as a participant.
Will Christ and God confer about which sins you are responsible for and which ones Christ covered on the cross? "Dad, I paid for those two, but the next three are just Wind being unloving to Mr. K in 1973. That's on Wind........"

If love is what you are relying on, if that is what you need to get to Heaven, let's rate your chances, with 1. being Hitler, a total disregard for humanity and 10. being Mother Teresa who had nothing to call her own. No cell phones, or cars, or home. She got up every day and loved the sick and dying, cleaned other peoples children and fed them and cared for them with 0 minimum wage per hour. Slept in a bed someone else owned and spent every day of her life caring for others, giving everything she had to the sick, the destitute and needy. Then she went to bed so she could repeat the process all over again on Sat. and Sun. and Monday, and the next day and the next day until she died.

So:
1. Hitler
10. Mother Teresa.

And then the question I have is, "Does God judge your efforts on a curve?"
Will a 6 make it? :eusa_pray:

Let me repeat, the entire world does not revolve around Jesus. In fact, if the amillennial interpretation of the Bible is right, it never will. I don't think it is, but I know I can be wrong.

Unlike Chuck, he is never wrong about the Bible, just ask him.

Pretty sure Jesus didn't keep track of who he gave water to or offered a piece of bread, but then became upset that that person didn't invite Him to get togethers or gathering with family on the banks of a river.
When one gives freely, through love, one does not use that giving as some sort of marker. That is not giving freely. That is expectation of something in return. Which was what I was trying to explain to Chuck but it kinda went over his head.
He told us how he snowblowed even though the woman didn't want him to, how he offered warmth and food, to which she still said no, to wondering why docs and nurses were invited to a funeral yet he was not, and on and on and on about his good deeds....still expecting something in return for all those good deeds done in the name of love. When it is given in love, there is no tag on it saying "payback time will be due when demanded".

I suspect he was not invited because the person not wanting him there more or less got what we get to read on his version of love.

I suspect I would feel exactly the same way if he tired that crap on me.

Strings attached. So simple, but right on point. Sorry chuck, but he is right. You attach strings. :(

For the record..I think Chuck means well. He just isn't "getting it" and I don't know how to explain it.

Luke 7:40-46.

I tried to be nice, and it didn't work, so I will just spell it lay it out for you, your opinion is bullshit.

So what do you know about the emergent church? You didn't offer any bibliographies or any information. It is like you don't want to discuss it. I think you are pretending to know more about subjects than you do and you are bluffing.

Enough to know you don't know anything about it. Everything you have against the emerging church is the same crap that the Catholic Church had against Martin Luther. That doesn't make them right, but it does reinforce the premise that you are wrong.

You can either discuss the subject matter of the emergent Church or not because you don't know the subject matter but stop bullying me because you want to be right all of the time.

For the record..I think Chuck means well. He just isn't "getting it" and I don't know how to explain it.

We're finite beings and we can only love whom we can get to and have time for.

My neighbor was Jewish when I was a youngster. She thought the commandment "love your neighbor" meant the house on the right and the house on the left and that is it because your help will run out and if everyone did that, everyone would be taken care of. She firmly believed that if neighbors helped neighbors, no one would be in a lot of trouble.. The story of the good Samaritan in the new testament changes that making it include more and more people.

Love is a choice. I don't look good in tights like superman so are women going to love me for not being attractive? Love is a choice. You like chocolate but you love strawberry or you love vanilla but like strawberry.

The opening post and the video is a plea to love other people but all love is a choice.

love is not a choice, choosing love is.

Chuck, I'm sorry you felt overlooked. It happens. And our feelings get hurt sometimes. Hell, even a horse expects a lump of sugar now and then. Mankind doesn't always consider other's feelings before their own.
But Christ does. Good works are done for Christ's sake. And He will never let you down. A person may be grateful for your attention or not, but the acts of kindness you show aren't for them. They are because Christ loved us first.

Having said that,
Love is absolutely a choice and if loving our fellow man is the criteria for Heaven, this thread is a perfect example of how small Heaven needs to be to accommodate those who qualify. And why Christ is necessary.

In our Christ, love replaces hate. Mercy replaces condemnation. Take turns into give. Kicking someone who is down, turns into lifting them up. Cursing turns into compassion. Intermittent love for our fellow man turns into cups that run over with love and unmerited favor. What a shame the world revolves around us instead of Christ.

Where does the affectionate term "F*****G AS***** land on the Jesus isn't necessary, all we need is love scale? Do 3's go to Heaven? 4's? 7's?

Is the conduct here toward our fellow man an example of spreading the love? Do these posts put us closer to Mother Teresa or the other end of the spectrum?
Does mankind have to deserve your love before you let it seep out?

It's why our loving Father didn't put our salvation in our hands. We are inept in the love one another dept. Christ is not. In fact, He'll be returning to stop all the love bombs we are going to use to annihilate all life on earth.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back