A wake-up call

You are demanding this lady love you and invite you to a very personal thing. So what if she invited the nurses and doctors? You expect to receive what you give and maybe what you give is not wanted. So in essence, you are not really giving anything. You are expecting some kind of reward whether it is love or money or affluence or something. you EXPECT something in return instead of freely giving whatever it is you expect to be rewarded for.

It doesn't work that way.

Its more of a disappointment. I am not demanding anything.

I was showing a contrast by using this story. That is all.

The premise of the OP is that the Church or Christians do not love. We love but it isn't always received.

I can get a call to pick her husband up off the floor at 5 AM because he fell out of bed and love isn't returned.

The fact is that love is also a two way street and when you can love and it isn't absorbed, it isn't always our fault. We're dealing with people with unnatural affections and impossible situations. Most of the time it is sin we are dealing with.

The premise of the OP is that everyone needs to care about others. I didn't see anything in the video to indicate it was aimed at Christians, but I don't think the world revolves around my opinion.

Unlike some people.

The video was made by the emergent Church in my opinion.

Have you read any books by Brian D. McLaren? Do you know what the Emergent Church is? Can you give me a suitable definition for the Emergent Church? Have you visited a website called "The Ooze"? If you visited it, you would get an idea what the Emergent Church is like. I spent a couple years on a blogging site for Emergent Church Christians and the emergent church puts out videos like that one. What do they blog about? They attack the Church in their blogs because if you were a starving emergent church pastor, you want your church to grow and pay your people so you will attack the established Church and you will play games with people telling them that your reinvented Christian church is the real church.

If you don't know then the world does not revolve around my opinion because you don't know and if people are ignorant then nothing revolves around being right. The world doesn't have to revolve around research, finding answers, being right.

Being ignorant can be the default. The world revolves around people who say that they want to go home and drink their beer. I get it.

It is the same reason why people pay for service contracts instead of fix their own computer. They don't want to learn.

The world can revolve around being wrong if it doesn't want to listen to answers, research, people who have experienced. I spent hours trying to figure out what was going on with my church and when I confronted someone with evidence, I got denial and the person said, "not these men".

Until you are dependent on the truth, you will revolve around other opinions and the world is full of them.

I tried to be nice, and it didn't work, so I will just spell it lay it out for you, your opinion is bullshit.

I actually don't preach to them or talk to them because they have pride which I don't know how to overcome. The other answer is that I've been busy working on other writings and other things. I actually don't answer every post here because I don't have an answer for everything.

There is a simple way to over come their pride, by being humble.

Have you considered the possibility that you aren't humble?

Humbleness doesn't keep people from making bad decisions which is why her friend called the police on her. When you reach a certain age, it is called dementia or sundown and you can defend it all you want.

It is not your job to make decisions for other people.

Manners are not hypocritical. People shake hands when they greet. It is a social value or mores. Like honor your father and mother. When people die, they expect me to respect them. When you throw off social constraints, society breaks down and it doesn't operate properly. Smiling at people and being pleasant should be a social norm just like Christianity teaches gentleness and respect.

I think if you were to be consistent, you would have to attack the video in the OP and say that people don't have to do that but an overwhelming number have responded positively to it so you have a contradiction and until you take sides, I think those arguing with me should own up to the contradiction.

The problem is the video. I suspect it was produced by the emergent church. A lot of money is poured into church growth so their operation is to attack the church to get people to join and they use this video.

I have been studying the emergent church for over 11 years now. What do you know about the emergent church? If you don' t know who produced it then you don't know their motives.

Please give me a bibliography about the emergent church.

Keep posting like this and I won't have to say a word to make my point.

That is a cop out.

No, that is the last dregs of my patience with a pretentious asshole.

Humbleness doesn't keep people from making bad decisions which is why her friend called the police on her. When you reach a certain age, it is called dementia or sundown and you can defend it all you want.

But it is your job to tell me what to believe?

The premise of the OP is that everyone needs to care about others. I didn't see anything in the video to indicate it was aimed at Christians, but I don't think the world revolves around my opinion.

Unlike some people.

Have you read any books by Brian D. McLaren? Do you know what the Emergent Church is? Can you give me a suitable definition for the Emergent Church? Have you visited a website called "The Ooze"? If you visited it, you would get an idea what the Emergent Church is like. I spent a couple years on a blogging site for Emergent Church Christians and the emergent church puts out videos like that one. What do they blog about? They attack the Church in their blogs because if you were a starving emergent church pastor, you want your church to grow and pay your people so you will attack the established Church and you will play games with people telling them that your reinvented Christian church is the real church.

If you don't know then the world does not revolve around my opinion because you don't know and if people are ignorant then nothing revolves around being right. The world doesn't have to revolve around research, finding answers, being right.

Being ignorant can be the default. The world revolves around people who say that they want to go home and drink their beer. I get it.

It is the same reason why people pay for service contracts instead of fix their own computer. They don't want to learn.

The world can revolve around being wrong if it doesn't want to listen to answers, research, people who have experienced. I spent hours trying to figure out what was going on with my church and when I confronted someone with evidence, I got denial and the person said, "not these men".

Until you are dependent on the truth, you will revolve around other opinions and the world is full of them.

I tried to be nice, and it didn't work, so I will just spell it lay it out for you, your opinion is bullshit.

So what do you know about the emergent church? You didn't offer any bibliographies or any information. It is like you don't want to discuss it. I think you are pretending to know more about subjects than you do and you are bluffing.

Last edited:

I didn't make any decisions for other people.
I spoke my feelings about the matter.

But it is your job to tell me what to believe?

I haven't told you what to believe, asshole, I am insisting that you let other people have their beliefs.

So what do you know about the emergent church? You didn't offer any bibliographies or any information. It is like you don't want to discuss it. I think you are pretending to know more about subjects than you do and you are bluffing.

Enough to know you don't know anything about it. Everything you have against the emerging church is the same crap that the Catholic Church had against Martin Luther. That doesn't make them right, but it does reinforce the premise that you are wrong.

You claimed that she was incompetent because she didn't invite you to a fucking funeral. That makes you a fucking asshole, even if you are right.

Enough to know you don't know anything about it. Everything you have against the emerging church is the same crap that the Catholic Church had against Martin Luther. That doesn't make them right, but it does reinforce the premise that you are wrong.

I tried taking a political science course until I discovered the instructor wanted us to watch 22 hours of television a week. He wanted to make us polyholic (political holics) which is a phrase he coined. He asked us to talk to our parents and grandparents. He wanted us to find old people. His reason what that even dumb people weren't stupid.

You claimed that she was incompetent because she didn't invite you to a fucking funeral. That makes you a fucking asshole, even if you are right.

No. You read the wrong context into it and you wish to replace my good motives with bad motives. Our neighborhood didn't have electricity for three days because of a storm and the temperature dropped where you could get frostbite in your own home. We offered to run a line from our generator into her home so she could power an electric heater. She said,"no". We offered to take her to a Red Cross shelter and she said, "no". We have a neighbor who said she could get warm at their house. She didn't want to leave so her friend called police on her. He said she wasn't making good decisions. She may not even have food in her house so he made her go to his house. She could have died and froze in her own house. You are trying to read facts into the story that were not given to you in that response.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back