A wake-up call

It is a decision. People get married. Some get divorced. Every divorced person was probably loved once. Where did love go? It was a decision, they changed their minds and they left.
A decision is a 'resolution reached after consideration'. Whether to marry or divorce is certainly a decision. Loving someone is not a consideration that needs a resolution. When you truly love someone, you love them unconditionally with all of their flaws and human foibles. Falling in love is a natural drive. It cannot be controlled.

Last edited:

It is a decision. People get married. Some get divorced. Every divorced person was probably loved once. Where did love go? It was a decision, they changed their minds and they left.
A decision is a 'resolution reached after consideration'. Whether to marry or divorce is certainly a decision. Loving someone is not a consideration that needs a resolution. When you truly love someone, you love them unconditionally with all of their flaws and human foibles. Falling in love is a natural drive. It cannot be controlled.

How about repulsion? Is it as acceptable as love? Can it be controlled? Overcome? Reconsidered?
Leaning on self gets you self. Leaning on Christ gets you right thinking. Right thinking begets right(eous) living.
You don't have to be a slave to your emotions. You can put your flesh to death daily and replace it with the power and productivity of the Holy Spirit. A love that surpasses human understanding. Try it, you'll like it. :eusa_angel:

Righteous living begets a 'holier than thou' narcissistic attitude. Judge not thy fellow man lest you be judged by the same rod. :)

love is not a choice, choosing love is.

Chuck, I'm sorry you felt overlooked. It happens. And our feelings get hurt sometimes. Hell, even a horse expects a lump of sugar now and then. Mankind doesn't always consider other's feelings before their own.
But Christ does. Good works are done for Christ's sake. And He will never let you down. A person may be grateful for your attention or not, but the acts of kindness you show aren't for them. They are because Christ loved us first.

There are six people in every interpersonal personal communication / relationship: The person you are, the person I think you are. The person I am, the person you think I am and the person I think you are and the person I think you think I am.

The OP posted a post with a video about expectations. I interpreted it as an emergent Church video that would be used to make fun of Christians in an effort to steal sheep and get people to join.

Most of the people had a favorable view of the video and I understand why.

I wanted to point out that it is not just Christians who are non-loving and some of the users want to take my words out of context. I was pointing out that love is a two way street and that non-Christians are non-loving as well. They want to change what I am pointing at as if it wasn't a statement about them so there is a double standard. A video can be posted about us expecting us to love while they don't take it too seriously for themselves. It is a double standard. They don't want to listen to my argument so they make it about me and say that I don't get it when they aren't listening.. I used real life experience to make this emergent church stuff "authentic" and instead of accepting that it is about non-Christians, they make it about me.

What else can I expect from dishonest debating?

Last edited:
Righteous living begets a 'holier than thou' narcissistic attitude. Judge not thy fellow man lest you be judged by the same rod. :)

Which is why I asked everyone to judge themselves on the Love scale....

Being, I'm sure, 'worse than thou', I do my very best to be compassionate to someone's plight. To walk in their shoes, to understand. I try not to judge and don't want judged for my behavior either. And that is the promise. Judge not and be judged not. I don't always succeed, and ask for forgiveness for my shortcomings more often than I like.

And that's why I would rather rely on Christ's Holy record for admittance to Heaven instead of my own. I am fallible and He knows it, so He sent us a Redeemer to make sure not to lose us through our own self regulation. It's our gift from a Father that loves us without fail.

Living right and narcissism don't go hand in hand. One has benefits. The other does not.

love is not a choice, choosing love is.

Chuck, I'm sorry you felt overlooked. It happens. And our feelings get hurt sometimes. Hell, even a horse expects a lump of sugar now and then. Mankind doesn't always consider other's feelings before their own.
But Christ does. Good works are done for Christ's sake. And He will never let you down. A person may be grateful for your attention or not, but the acts of kindness you show aren't for them. They are because Christ loved us first.

There are six people in every interpersonal personal communication / relationship: The person you are, the person I think you are. The person I am, the person you think I am and the person I think you are and the person I think you think I am.

The OP posted a post with a video about expectations. I interpreted it as an emergent Church video that would be used to make fun of Christians in an effort to steal sheep and get people to join.

Most of the people had a favorable view of the video and I understand why.

I wanted to point out that it is not just Christians who are non-loving and some of the users want to take my words out of context. I was pointing out that love is a two way street and that non-Christians are non-loving as well. They want to change what I am pointing at as if it wasn't a statement about them so there is a double standard. A video can be posted about us expecting us to love while they don't take it too seriously for themselves. It is a double standard. They don't want to listen to my argument so they make it about me and say that I don't get it when they aren't listening.. I used real life experience to make this emergent church stuff "authentic" and instead of accepting that it is about non-Christians, they make it about me.

What else can I expect from dishonest debating?

We live in the age that is creating a world without Christ. The Bibles are being printed with no mention of Christ at all. Christians are being killed in record number. We have a Pope that just did away with the work on the cross and told atheists they don't even have to believe in God to go to Heaven. :cuckoo:

Funny that the one Christ rebuked and that goes to and fro on the earth destroying, will actually lead the new religion.

Revelation gives us the result of the new unified church under the rule of the anti-christ and false prophet. All that love and self, and anything you want goes, is going to end up in such utter destruction and nuclear devastation that we'll change the tilt of the earth, (because it no longer revolves around Christ.)

You'd think the new improved progressive idealism church would be the road to peace and unity on earth, with all that good will toward men and all...........

So what do you know about the emergent church? You didn't offer any bibliographies or any information. It is like you don't want to discuss it. I think you are pretending to know more about subjects than you do and you are bluffing.

Enough to know you don't know anything about it. Everything you have against the emerging church is the same crap that the Catholic Church had against Martin Luther. That doesn't make them right, but it does reinforce the premise that you are wrong.

You can either discuss the subject matter of the emergent Church or not because you don't know the subject matter but stop bullying me because you want to be right all of the time.

I am wrong way more often than I like, at least 3 times a minute. I learned that it is part of being human, but I continue to strive to improve my right/wrong percentage. That said, I can't bully you over the internet so stop trying to act like a victim. Also, I am not the one pointing out that people who have a different theology than mine are wrong, you are.

Humbleness doesn't keep people from making bad decisions which is why her friend called the police on her. When you reach a certain age, it is called dementia or sundown and you can defend it all you want.

It is not your job to make decisions for other people.

I didn't make any decisions for other people.
I spoke my feelings about the matter.

Keep telling yourself that, I am sure it makes you feel justified.

Pretty sure Jesus didn't keep track of who he gave water to or offered a piece of bread, but then became upset that that person didn't invite Him to get togethers or gathering with family on the banks of a river.
When one gives freely, through love, one does not use that giving as some sort of marker. That is not giving freely. That is expectation of something in return. Which was what I was trying to explain to Chuck but it kinda went over his head.
He told us how he snowblowed even though the woman didn't want him to, how he offered warmth and food, to which she still said no, to wondering why docs and nurses were invited to a funeral yet he was not, and on and on and on about his good deeds....still expecting something in return for all those good deeds done in the name of love. When it is given in love, there is no tag on it saying "payback time will be due when demanded".

I suspect he was not invited because the person not wanting him there more or less got what we get to read on his version of love.

Luke 7:40-46.

1 Cor 13

Enough to know you don't know anything about it. Everything you have against the emerging church is the same crap that the Catholic Church had against Martin Luther. That doesn't make them right, but it does reinforce the premise that you are wrong.

You can either discuss the subject matter of the emergent Church or not because you don't know the subject matter but stop bullying me because you want to be right all of the time.

I am wrong way more often than I like, at least 3 times a minute. I learned that it is part of being human, but I continue to strive to improve my right/wrong percentage. That said, I can't bully you over the internet so stop trying to act like a victim. Also, I am not the one pointing out that people who have a different theology than mine are wrong, you are.

That is your problem.

No. I am just trying to prove a point.

If I am in your life, I just expect common courtesy.

Fee free to stay out of everyone's lives, asshole.

If you feel that way, you should be happier putting me on ignore and we'll all be happier.

I enjoy mocking self righteous assholes.

Also, I never ignore anyone, I don't think anyone is so ignorant they can't teach me something. I leave crap like that for self righteous assholes.

Fee free to stay out of everyone's lives, asshole.

If you feel that way, you should be happier putting me on ignore and we'll all be happier.

I enjoy mocking self righteous assholes.

Also, I never ignore anyone, I don't think anyone is so ignorant they can't teach me something. I leave crap like that for self righteous assholes.

So you don't have anything better to entertain yourself with? I think that if you want to change me, you should start with changing yourself.

Proverbs 24:17 Do not gloat when your enemy falls; when they stumble, do not let your heart rejoice,

Jude 1:18 How that they told you there should be mockers in the last time, who should walk after their own ungodly lusts.
Jude 1:19 These be they who separate themselves, sensual, having not the Spirit.

Forum List

Back