A wake-up call

Your answer is in front of your face. You just don't want to see.

Chuck, mourn your neighbor friend. That is all that you can do. Say a prayer for him in your head. Then leave it be.

provisions are generally made for public and private ceremonies - there must be a reason for why the neighborhood was excluded ...

funerals are not ceremonies with reservations for public attendance. At least funerals of a private person, not an official.

RIP, rest in peace is generally a collective goal to be satisfied for everyone's sake - nothing wrong with excluding the neighborhood if it were the deceases wish nor unusual when there is a given reason.

provisions are generally made for public and private ceremonies - there must be a reason for why the neighborhood was excluded ...

funerals are not ceremonies with reservations for public attendance. At least funerals of a private person, not an official.

RIP, rest in peace is generally a collective goal to be satisfied for everyone's sake - nothing wrong with excluding the neighborhood if it were the deceases wish nor unusual when there is a given reason.

The premise of the OP is that the Church or Christians do not love. We love but it isn't always received.

I can get a call to pick her husband up off the floor at 5 AM because he fell out of bed and love isn't returned.

The fact is that love is also a two way street and when you can love and it isn't absorbed, it isn't always our fault. We're dealing with people with unnatural affections and impossible situations. Most of the time it is sin we are dealing with.

The premise of the OP is that the Church or Christians do not love. We love but it isn't always received.

I can get a call to pick her husband up off the floor at 5 AM because he fell out of bed and love isn't returned.

The fact is that love is also a two way street and when you can love and it isn't absorbed, it isn't always our fault. We're dealing with people with unnatural affections and impossible situations. Most of the time it is sin we are dealing with.

maybe the answer is in that sentence of yours?

Some of the users agree with my neighbor that she shouldn't love us back.

The OP suggests that we limit love.

It is hypocritical for them to suggest that there are limits to love while blaming us.

It is hypocritical for them to suggest that there are limits to love while blaming us.

she has a FREE WILL to love you back or not. And you should not expect it.

and, BTW, demanding love for something you have done for them is hypocritical.

The OP does not suggest anything. She posted a video so people can contemplate on it themselves.

Last edited:

The OP does not suggest anything. She posted a video so people can contemplate on it themselves.

What do you think the premise of the OP is? It was implied and restated.

and what is YOUR problem with it?

either you view love somewhat in the other way then others do or what you consider as delivering love is more like obligation...

So anyway. The husband of my neighbor lived next door and died a few years ago and no one was invited to the funeral.

Relationships are reciprocal or complimentary and not being invited when you have done nothing wrong means that we are not going to receive or trade respect. We had a relationship. I cared about our neighbor. But I wasn't invited. That is their wishes and I respect that.

Why should she invite you to the funeral?

Real relationships are whatever they are. I don't recall Jesus getting upset when Mary didn't bring him food. In fact, I am pretty sure he said she didn't have to.

As Jesus and his disciples were on their way, he came to a village where a woman named Martha opened her home to him. She had a sister called Mary, who sat at the Lord's feet listening to what he said. But Martha was distracted by all the preparations that had to be made. She came to him and asked, "Lord, don't you care that my sister has left me to do the work by myself? Tell her to help me!" "Martha, Martha," the Lord answered, "you are worried and upset about many things, but only one thing is needed. Mary has chosen what is better, and it will not be taken away from her.
You need to stop acting religious and start being good.

attachment.php

Why should she invite me to the funeral? Maybe you ought to ask why the nurses that took care of him for days were invited and all the neighbors who lived next to him for years weren't invited.

Why should I ask that, it isn't my business.

It isn't yours either.

Why should she invite me to the funeral? Maybe you ought to ask why the nurses that took care of him for days were invited and all the neighbors who lived next to him for years weren't invited.

Maybe she didn't invite you because she did not want to be preached to, Chuck.

I actually don't preach to them or talk to them because they have pride which I don't know how to overcome. The other answer is that I've been busy working on other writings and other things. I actually don't answer every post here because I don't have an answer for everything.

There is a simple way to over come their pride, by being humble.

Have you considered the possibility that you aren't humble?

Last edited:

The premise of the OP is that everyone needs to care about others. I didn't see anything in the video to indicate it was aimed at Christians, but I don't think the world revolves around my opinion.

Unlike some people.

The premise of the OP is that everyone needs to care about others. I didn't see anything in the video to indicate it was aimed at Christians, but I don't think the world revolves around my opinion.

Unlike some people.

The premise is - paradigm shift. Stop focusing on 'self,' and look at WHY people are who they are. They are all just doing the best they can with the hand they've been dealt.

Cut them some slack. Show them some acceptance, and understanding.

Meet them where they are.

Unlike some people.

The premise is - paradigm shift. Stop focusing on 'self,' and look at WHY people are who they are. They are all just doing the best they can with the hand they've been dealt.

Didn't I say that? Not as eloquently, but I don't have a lot of patience for Pharisees.

and what is YOUR problem with it?

either you view love somewhat in the other way then others do or what you consider as delivering love is more like obligation...

Manners are not hypocritical. People shake hands when they greet. It is a social value or mores. Like honor your father and mother. When people die, they expect me to respect them. When you throw off social constraints, society breaks down and it doesn't operate properly. Smiling at people and being pleasant should be a social norm just like Christianity teaches gentleness and respect.

I think if you were to be consistent, you would have to attack the video in the OP and say that people don't have to do that but an overwhelming number have responded positively to it so you have a contradiction and until you take sides, I think those arguing with me should own up to the contradiction.

The problem is the video. I suspect it was produced by the emergent church. A lot of money is poured into church growth so their operation is to attack the church to get people to join and they use this video.

I have been studying the emergent church for over 11 years now. What do you know about the emergent church? If you don' t know who produced it then you don't know their motives.

Please give me a bibliography about the emergent church.

You are demanding this lady love you and invite you to a very personal thing. So what if she invited the nurses and doctors? You expect to receive what you give and maybe what you give is not wanted. So in essence, you are not really giving anything. You are expecting some kind of reward whether it is love or money or affluence or something. you EXPECT something in return instead of freely giving whatever it is you expect to be rewarded for.

It doesn't work that way.

Unlike some people.

You understand the premise of the video better than the other people responding. Why would it be more appealing than the Church for example?

Why doesn't this video work in the real world? Suppose someone behaves badly? That person shouldn't be punished because we should love them at all costs?

So the church is guilty of not loving because they hold to values over being polite? So you should join an emergent church where they throw away the rules of society and only love other people? Bank robbers shouldn't go to jail and those rules which were good for us no longer apply because if you punish them, that wouldn't be human?

Chuck understands the video because I've met the emergent church. I went to a church that took their church name down because they did a survey and found out that more people would go if they removed the name. Its like saying we'll remove the name "Baptist" or remove the cross from the church to get people to go. When you start moving the boundary markers of what a church is, you no longer remain a church like they argue and you become a group of nonsense. You no longer have a definition to call it a church because they had to throw off the definition to bring people in.

My one pastor argues that there is something higher than right or wrong which is love but I'm still not going to obliterate the definition of right and wrong and say that there is no right and wrong.

Unlike some people.

The video was made by the emergent Church in my opinion.

Have you read any books by Brian D. McLaren? Do you know what the Emergent Church is? Can you give me a suitable definition for the Emergent Church? Have you visited a website called "The Ooze"? If you visited it, you would get an idea what the Emergent Church is like. I spent a couple years on a blogging site for Emergent Church Christians and the emergent church puts out videos like that one. What do they blog about? They attack the Church in their blogs because if you were a starving emergent church pastor, you want your church to grow and pay your people so you will attack the established Church and you will play games with people telling them that your reinvented Christian church is the real church.

If you don't know then the world does not revolve around my opinion because you don't know and if people are ignorant then nothing revolves around being right. The world doesn't have to revolve around research, finding answers, being right.

Being ignorant can be the default. The world revolves around people who say that they want to go home and drink their beer. I get it.

It is the same reason why people pay for service contracts instead of fix their own computer. They don't want to learn.

The world can revolve around being wrong if it doesn't want to listen to answers, research, people who have experienced. I spent hours trying to figure out what was going on with my church and when I confronted someone with evidence, I got denial and the person said, "not these men".

Until you are dependent on the truth, you will revolve around other opinions and the world is full of them.

Manners are not hypocritical. People shake hands when they greet. It is a social value or mores. Like honor your father and mother. When people die, they expect me to respect them. When you throw off social constraints, society breaks down and it doesn't operate properly. Smiling at people and being pleasant should be a social norm just like Christianity teaches gentleness and respect.

I think if you were to be consistent, you would have to attack the video in the OP and say that people don't have to do that but an overwhelming number have responded positively to it so you have a contradiction and until you take sides, I think those arguing with me should own up to the contradiction.

The problem is the video. I suspect it was produced by the emergent church. A lot of money is poured into church growth so their operation is to attack the church to get people to join and they use this video.

I have been studying the emergent church for over 11 years now. What do you know about the emergent church? If you don' t know who produced it then you don't know their motives.

Keep posting like this and I won't have to say a word to make my point.

Maybe she didn't invite you because she did not want to be preached to, Chuck.

I actually don't preach to them or talk to them because they have pride which I don't know how to overcome. The other answer is that I've been busy working on other writings and other things. I actually don't answer every post here because I don't have an answer for everything.

There is a simple way to over come their pride, by being humble.

Have you considered the possibility that you aren't humble?

Humbleness doesn't keep people from making bad decisions which is why her friend called the police on her. When you reach a certain age, it is called dementia or sundown and you can defend it all you want.

Keep posting like this and I won't have to say a word to make my point.

That is a cop out.

Forum List

Back