CDZ A Week of Gun Violence Does Nothing to Change the N.R.A.’s Message

The president is going to Dallas tomorrow.

This is one of those moments; a sniper fires on police, Dallas, a presidential visit. Coincidence for sure but any president visiting Dallas just sounds, ominus in some way. I'm sure nothing will happen and everyone in Dallas will be glad the president is coming into town to support the police and the city but some moments are odder than others. This is an odd one in light of history.

Dallas is one of the exemplary cities regarding training of their officers in de-escalation and the number of police involved shootings is very low. I'm sure they'll appreciate the president coming to speak and he'll have nothing but good things to say about them. Which is earned.

I have a feeling he will not be received as warmly as you think. Police officers are starting to feel increasingly threatened and vulnerable, and Obama has voiced support for groups critical of the police.

Expect a lot of forced smiles, and even some booing and heckling.

Not just critical...they hate the police...remember pigs in a blanket fry em like bacon......that group, black lies matter is actively supported and courted by obama and the democrats......

I think BLM is like any other radical group, a mass of well meaning but ignorant followers, and groups of leaders, some with positive goals, some not so much. BLM is a fractured movement, just like the Tea Party, there is no over-reaching leadership.

That being said there are definitely some BLM factions that are much more aggressive and dangerous than the others. I don't want to paint a broad brush here, but pointing out the "asshole" factions is warranted.

What are the goals of BLM exactly? Other than to make noise and block traffic that is?

I honestly think that most of the leaders don't know, and the rank and file definitely don't know. Its similar to the Tea Party, Occupy Wall Street and other non-hierarchical protests. It starts with "WE ARE ANGRY ABOUT SOMETHING", gains momentum, but stagnates when they actually have to define what they are angry about, and more importantly, what to do about it.

When protest doesn't morph into viable solutions, stagnation happens, or dissolution.

You saw it in the stagnation of the tea party, and the dissolution of Occupy Wall Street.

The anger is politics is out of control. The Trump crowd is even angry at those of us they should be wooing.

I'm not finding being informed I'm stupid for believing in capitalism, free markets and free trade a convincing draw to Trump

Where is the NRA in condemning the killing of an innocent CC permit holder?

It remains to be seen what happened doesn't it?

Try walking up to a cop and tell him you're armed with a permit then reach behind your back and see what happens

Exactly. I can't believe the guy informed the cop WHILE he was reaching. My posterior is lily white and I'm not afraid of cops in general. But when a cop pulls you over, they are putting themselves in a very dangerous position. When I've gotten speeding tickets in the past, I was very aware of being non-threatening. And the last time that happened was over a decade ago before the hyper-focus on all this started

It remains to be seen what happened doesn't it?

Try walking up to a cop and tell him you're armed with a permit then reach behind your back and see what happens

NRA has been advocating more people carrying guns

Here we have a citizen exercising his second amendment rights and is gunned down in a trivial traffic stop

Why aren't they standing up for the gun owner?

Doesn't apply to carrying while black?

They are still trying to figure out what happened, and have said they are looking at the case with particular interest.

Why is there a need to respond RIGHT NOW NOW NOW when it comes to these things?

Just because the MSM has gone with a 15 minute news cycle, doesn't mean the rest of us have to.

This is the world the NRA has been dreaming about

More armed citizens. Will they side with BLM?

They are still trying to figure out what happened, and have said they are looking at the case with particular interest.

Just because the MSM has gone with a 15 minute news cycle, doesn't mean the rest of us have to.

That is the thing with these genius's. I know you as I am all for nailing the cop if he's guilty of a crime. I have no idea at this point if the cop is guilty of anything or what he is guilty of. Investigate and hold him accountable if he is.

And every time according to them. Cop: guilty. Black: innocent. I have a hard time believing that's always true

I have a feeling he will not be received as warmly as you think. Police officers are starting to feel increasingly threatened and vulnerable, and Obama has voiced support for groups critical of the police.

Expect a lot of forced smiles, and even some booing and heckling.

Not just critical...they hate the police...remember pigs in a blanket fry em like bacon......that group, black lies matter is actively supported and courted by obama and the democrats......

I think BLM is like any other radical group, a mass of well meaning but ignorant followers, and groups of leaders, some with positive goals, some not so much. BLM is a fractured movement, just like the Tea Party, there is no over-reaching leadership.

That being said there are definitely some BLM factions that are much more aggressive and dangerous than the others. I don't want to paint a broad brush here, but pointing out the "asshole" factions is warranted.

What are the goals of BLM exactly? Other than to make noise and block traffic that is?

I honestly think that most of the leaders don't know, and the rank and file definitely don't know. Its similar to the Tea Party, Occupy Wall Street and other non-hierarchical protests. It starts with "WE ARE ANGRY ABOUT SOMETHING", gains momentum, but stagnates when they actually have to define what they are angry about, and more importantly, what to do about it.

When protest doesn't morph into viable solutions, stagnation happens, or dissolution.

You saw it in the stagnation of the tea party, and the dissolution of Occupy Wall Street.

The anger is politics is out of control. The Trump crowd is even angry at those of us they should be wooing.

I'm not finding being informed I'm stupid for believing in capitalism, free markets and free trade a convincing draw to Trump

The Trump thing is a similar backlash, except it has a single leader, i.e. Trump. But again, the organization is a loose one, and thus the anger really isn't on a single target, and Trump is not doing anything to focus it.

That is the thing with these genius's. I know you as I am all for nailing the cop if he's guilty of a crime. I have no idea at this point if the cop is guilty of anything or what he is guilty of. Investigate and hold him accountable if he is.

And every time according to them. Cop: guilty. Black: innocent. I have a hard time believing that's always true

The problem I have is while the point is made stupidly, the BLM people at their root do have a point, Police have been getting way too good at clearing wrongful behavior by police officers, and they have become more and more brazen about it.

Look at that case of the Dog getting shot in the owner's yard by a cop looking for a mentally disabled kid (who was later found hiding in his own home). Cop entered closed yard with no warrant, dog ran up to him, cop killed dog. Yet the cop was cleared of any wrongdoing, and the department attempted to sweep it all under the rug.

Cops have greater power, and with that comes greater responsibility. If they screw up, they have to be dismissed.

Nice loaded statement at the front there.....

The NRA supports legally armed citizens, and the legal use of firearms.

Again, they will take a position when all the facts come out.

The Trump thing is a similar backlash, except it has a single leader, i.e. Trump. But again, the organization is a loose one, and thus the anger really isn't on a single target, and Trump is not doing anything to focus it.

Yes, that's what I'm saying. The Trump crowd is angry at everyone, even those of us who they should want to be with them.

My argument against Trump is his anti-capitalist, anti-free trade rhetoric. Instead of convincing me that he is actually for those things, they are telling me I'm stupid for believing in capitalism and free trade. All that tells me about Trump is that I'm right in why I don't support him

I hear crickets...

The same gun supporters who rallied around Cliven Bundy are strangely silent when it comes to the shooting of a legal black gun owner

The problem I have is while the point is made stupidly, the BLM people at their root do have a point, Police have been getting way too good at clearing wrongful behavior by police officers, and they have become more and more brazen about it.

Look at that case of the Dog getting shot in the owner's yard by a cop looking for a mentally disabled kid (who was later found hiding in his own home). Cop entered closed yard with no warrant, dog ran up to him, cop killed dog. Yet the cop was cleared of any wrongdoing, and the department attempted to sweep it all under the rug.

Cops have greater power, and with that comes greater responsibility. If they screw up, they have to be dismissed.

Exactly. It's part of the whole you're a racist movement. By screaming racism at every opportunity, the left is protecting actual racists. No one other than the wackadoodles on the left think that every time a white cop shoots a black it was wrongdoing. Most of us do think though that sometimes it is. By screaming at the get go it was wrongdoing every time, it protects the cops who actually did do something wrong because we all get numb to it

Yes, that's what I'm saying. The Trump crowd is angry at everyone, even those of us who they should want to be with them.

My argument against Trump is his anti-capitalist, anti-free trade rhetoric. Instead of convincing me that he is actually for those things, they are telling me I'm stupid for believing in capitalism and free trade. All that tells me about Trump is that I'm right in why I don't support him

I hear crickets...

The same gun supporters who rallied around Cliven Bundy are strangely silent when it comes to the shooting of a legal black gun owner

Two entirely different situations that really don't relate to each other. One is a one on one traffic stop confrontation and the other is a political standoff with firearms. One has an officer claiming the guy went for his gun, the other is a bunch of people where all sides know they are armed, and there is a political dispute.

and in the end has the NRA said the government shouldn't prosecute anyone who actually broke a law?

Exactly. It's part of the whole you're a racist movement. By screaming racism at every opportunity, the left is protecting actual racists. No one other than the wackadoodles on the left think that every time a white cop shoots a black it was wrongdoing. Most of us do think though that sometimes it is. By screaming at the get go it was wrongdoing every time, it protects the cops who actually did do something wrong because we all get numb to it

Populist uprisings seldom get organized enough to do good before they devolve into hysterics. BLM has the misfortune of starting off in hysterics, and hasn't gotten any better.

I hear crickets...

Two entirely different situations that really don't relate to each other. One is a one on one traffic stop confrontation and the other is a political standoff with firearms. One has an officer claiming the guy went for his gun, the other is a bunch of people where all sides know they are armed, and there is a political dispute.

and in the end has the NRA said the government shouldn't prosecute anyone who actually broke a law?

Something is screwed up with your quotes

I hear crickets...

When you have a white second amendment nut taking up arms against law enforcement you get rousing NRA support

bundysniper.jpg

A legal black CC holder gets gunned down and there is silence....Don't black gun owners matter?

I hear crickets...

Something is screwed up with your quotes

Yeah, i reloaded a page and it carried over another response.

whoops.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz

I hear crickets...

When you have a white second amendment nut taking up arms against law enforcement you get rousing NRA support

A legal black CC holder gets gunned down and there is silence

Actually the white guy who got gunned down hasn't gotten support from the NRA, has he? (or at least his surviving relatives haven't).

The first case only involved 1 death after a confrontation that the majority of people are calling a clean shoot. This 2nd one still hasn't been investigated enough, yet you harp and harp about it, because for once people are waiting to see the results of the investigation.

If the cop did wrong, the NRA will surely want him prosecuted.

The government taking the property of people who haven't been convicted of a crime is a flagrant violation of due process and I say that repeatedly. The War on Drugs is a Constitutional abomination and anyone who supports what they do and thinks they are a "Constitutionalist" is a liar

I give you credit for being principly consistent, at least in the specific regard noted above. That too is more than I can say for most posters on here. It may well be that you and I just have differing principles. I don't know for sure if that's totally so or just somewhat so. Even so, adhering to a given principle at all its levels of scope is to be commended.

Thank you, but as for your qualification, "at least in the specific regard noted above," I challenge you to ever find me inconsistent on that

To be honest, I don't have any recollection of much else that you've written on here. I can only remark about what I have seen and recall, and what I've seen and recall is what I remarked about.

Forum List

Back