'Abortion' and religious strawmen

Just about all of my life I have heard the arguments concerning abortion - both for and against. It's always the same old thing. Those that favor abortions are bad. Those that don't want to allow abortions are just being "goody two shoes..." It doesn't seem that anything concerning this debate has changed in my lifetime. It doesn't appear that the issue will ever be resolved. Why couldn't there be a group of folks, say, a few members of the clergy, a few people who have no religious affilation, a few doctors, a few regular old guys (or gals) from public life, an equal group of women and men together in a committee with the common idea of deciding when it is that actual human life begins. Then laws could be passed that allowed for legal abortion prior to the established date that the fetus was considered to be a human being. Maybe then everybody would be satisfied.
I don't think anyone in your group "a few members of the clergy, a few people who have no religious affilation, a few doctors, a few regular old guys (or gals) from public life, an equal group of women and men together" should have business deciding when and if any woman can have an abortion. They can make those decisions for themsleves concerning thier own pregnancies.

When so called life begins is not the deciding factor, IMO, of when a woman can or can't have an abortion. It's the fact that it's her body and hers alone and it's her decision which should determine what can be inside of it.

if you had to wittness or preform the murder of a unborn at 40 weeks..you might feel diffrently

Impossible to murder a 40 weeks old fetus, stop misusing words if you want to be taken seriously.

Don't assume you know everything I've ever seen or done.
I might suggest you would feel differently if someone you loved was in danger of dying in childbirth ..

or if you yourself were to become pregnant.

Heaven forbid!!

if you had to wittness or preform the murder of a unborn at 40 weeks..you might feel diffrently

Impossible to murder a 40 weeks old fetus, stop misusing words if you want to be taken seriously.

Don't assume you know everything I've ever seen or done.
I might suggest you would feel differently if someone you loved was in danger of dying in childbirth ..

or if you yourself were to become pregnant.

Heaven forbid!!

why is it impossible to murder a full term unborn child ?

I have 3 children..two grown and a 3 yr old of which I have full custody
very few abortions are preformed because the mother is in danger of dying ..don't pretend

Last edited:
JBeukema said:
Why, then, does not more of the Right embrace these allies? The reason is simple. To admit that someone can have a moral objection to abortion- or any other issue- without being religious undermined their long-held position that America needs their god in order to 'live right'. Indeed, if morality is acknowledged as existing outside of religion, then the question is raised of why we need religion at all.
:clap2:

is someone holding a gun to your head and forcing you to rape?
no?
stfu

is someone holding a gun to your head and forcing you to murder?
no?
stfu

is someone holding a gun to your head and forcing you to steal?
no?
stfu

By your 'reasoning', one should not oject to rape, murder, or theft and all should be legal

That's THE stupidest argument I've ever heard ever. It's not legal to point a gun to someone's head and force them to get an abortion. If murder and theft were legal I could then murder or rob you and it would be ok, you see to murder or rob you involve your non-consent otherwise it would just be giving something away or assisted suicide. Abortion does not, so it's not forcing morality on you when there's no way you can get involved unless you choose to.

If that is your truth, oh indoctrinated one, please prove it with substantial evidence Thank you ahead of time

Who's history do you speak of and where? I am speaking of our country (the USA)

"Perverted quirk" probably allowed many of you to be born :cuckoo:
Do your own research, ignoramus. Abortion was largely unregulated in this country and abroad compared to today. In American colonial times a woman was allowed to abort up to the time of "quickening" which was when the woman could feel a fetus move in her womb.

I have done my time in research and experience. I will be back this weekend with what I have found in the past, I have to go for now, must work more and more hours so the government can steal my hard earned money to pay for a welfare mothers abortion. That will make her a real productive citizen, we will be a lacking fewer and fewer people entering the workforce, abortions ramifications are many and far reaching. You really should think about it

Abortion Statistics

Although radical environmentalists like Mr. Ehrlich see human beings only as "consumers of the earth's resources," human beings are in fact the most valuable resource of all. Citizens are not just consumers but producers. Having fewer people can wreak havoc on an economy, creating both a labor shortage and a shortage of buyers. A government with a shrinking population faces a smaller military and fewer tax-payers. Dwindling populations have always signaled cultural decline, with less creativity, energy, and vitality on every level of society.

Already Japan - fertility rate 1.3 - is facing the problem of having fewer taxpaying young people to support the burgeoning number of retirees, something that will hit the generous welfare states of Europe especially hard.

Already Europe has had to import large numbers of immigrants to bolster the labor force, most of them from the Middle East. Fewer and fewer native Europeans - along with the dwindling influence of Christianity - and more and more Muslims raise the prospect of the lslamification of Western Europe. One reason "old Europe" is not supporting the United States in a war with Iraq is that politicians in France and Germany fear the reaction among their Muslim voters.

Why the population decline? The worldwide collapse of what are, literally, family values. Thanks to contraceptive technology, sex has become separated from childbearing. With women pursuing careers of their own and men getting sex without the responsibilities of marriage, why bother with children? For many women and men, pregnancy has become an unpleasant side effect, something to prevent with contraceptives or easily treat with a trip to the abortion clinic.

What a joke. The population decline is because of collapsing family values? Any proof for such a claim? Why no of course not, just wild speculation. One reason for population decline is that it costs more money to raise a child in more well-off nations than in third world nations. Does your biased as all hell website take that into consideration? Doesn't look like it. No it's more content to blame society's future woes (birth rates do change) on things it all reayd doesn't like. Convenient

You have no idea what you are talking about, do you. You are eating the same old freaking vommit that margaret sanger puked up, but your reasonings are robotic, hers was evil and racist

I am talking about girls or women who are being beaten up for NOT having an abortion. I have seen it happen, and people like you do not give a crap, so stop pretending you are all outraged in the man who beat his wife threads.

Shed no alligator tears ok?

whether or not you think you are advocating or not, you and others that support legal infanticide are passively if not actively advocating it
Your rants get more and more bizarre!

People who support the right to personal choice are wife beater enablers? :cuckoo:

It is not a personal choice it is in fact a choice that makes the baby a victim, the abortionist coaxes the mother into feeling good about the choice she made for the baby... the woman? She too is a victim of your so called choice.

Bullshit.

They chose to do it, even if it turns out to be a horrible choice they still chose to do it, and thus they can't be victims.

doublefold....

the population decline began when birth control became available for women, and when the mothers of the family had to work full time in order to help make ends meet with the family budget became the norm...imo

Hell, I still remember Ravi citing the so-called 'failure' of anarchy to achieve an unspecified goal as reason that a child's life shouldn't be protected because we must protect the 'right to abort' in a fascist society...

Or whatever he fool's babbling about now
Again, idiot, I never brought up anarchy. You've made no points, you've refuted no points...unless you've done so within the confines of your empty head.

to a complete moron perhaps...

yawn

Try to refute my statement with logic if you think it's wrong.

if you follow your so called logic all the way through then it would be perfectly acceptable to kill an unborn child only secs before its natural birth...and the sentence for trespass would be death and without due process.... nice

Actually, you could kill your child, wife, or anyone else for trespassing as soon as you decided you didn't wan them in your house, if you live in a Castle Doctrine state; else youe 3-year-old child would simply have to be arrested for the trespassing offense

Last edited:
When so called life begins is not the deciding factor, IMO, of when a woman can or can't have an abortion.

So if whether someone is alive has no bearing on whether you have any 'right' to kill them.... then to follow this argument, homicide should never be illegal :eusa_eh:

It's the fact that it's her body and hers alone

Wrong, it is a distinct living human organism that happens to exist within her body. It is not a part of her body.

and it's her decision which should determine what can be inside of it.

Not when it comes to another human life. Life trumps convenience.

is someone holding a gun to your head and forcing you to abort?
no?
stfu
is someone holding a gun to your head and forcing you to rape?
no?
stfu

is someone holding a gun to your head and forcing you to murder?
no?
stfu

is someone holding a gun to your head and forcing you to steal?
no?
stfu

By your 'reasoning', one should not object to rape, murder, or theft and all should be legal

That's THE stupidest argument I've ever heard ever.

So you agree that Del's post is bullshit?

It's not legal to point a gun to someone's head and force them to get an abortion.

-yet it's legal to stab someone in the pull, rip their head open, and suck their brains out? It's legal to literally pull someone apart limb by limb, poison them, starve them to death, or suffocate them? :cuckoo:

If murder and theft were legal I

You're a fucking moron. Murder can never be legal, you twit. Get a dictionary
could then murder or rob you and it would be ok, you see to murder or rob you involve your non-consent

First off, that's not necessarily true.

Secondly- I take it then that you have a sign ed form giving consent from the child to kill it? :cuckoo:

doublefold....

the population decline began ... mothers of the family had to work full time in order to help make ends meet with the family budget became the norm...imo

This, of course, ties directly into America's bass-ackwards economic policies

Wrong, it is a distinct living human organism that happens to exist within her body. It is not a part of her body.
When one distinct living human organism inhabits the body of a woman and the woman is forced to submit to the will and needs of the distinct living organism inhabiting it then the woman is being made into a slave.

Forcing women to bear unwanted fetuses is not only committing rape, it is enslavement. Are you in favor of rape and slavery?

I did notice that Del never sought to defend his 'reasoning' after I decided to change one word and apply his 'logic' to other areas of law.
He probably got bored with you. I can understand why.

When one distinct living human organism inhabits the body of a woman and the woman is forced to submit to the will and needs of the distinct living organism inhabiting it then the woman is being made into a slave.

Forcing women to bear unwanted fetuses is not only committing rape, it is enslavement. Are you in favor of rape and slavery?

The degree of (non)intellectual dishonesty here is amazing.

So, not only is it rape to expect a woman to accept responsibility for getting pregnant no matter how much of a whore any given woman might be, but ti's 'slavery' to protect the life of her unborn child? What about when she starts lactating? Is that part of the rape, too? What about any medical bills she doesn't pay? Doesn't that mean that every taxpayer and every other person in the hospital who bears part of her bill is a slave?

Clearly, you fail to even know what the word 'rape' means. This is yet another example of the way the abortion industry and neo-feminists use, abuse, (rape, to use your word), and pit ion the face of every real rape victim. You had Norma MCCorvey lie to SCotUS about being raped in order to get RvW passed, and not you mock 600 women who are raped or sexually assaulted in this country every day. You mock them and through 'rape' around like it means nothing, like some catchy buzzword- don't even try to compare accepting responsibility and protecting the lives of our most vulnerable children to the trauma that hundreds of women go through every single day.

This just goes to show how far you really have to go and how much you have to twist words around in order to argue for your policies. It speaks much to just how wrong you know you are in your heart of hearts and how vile a thing you know you support, when you must use such lies in order to argue for it. You can't deny that we're dealing with a life any more, nor can you argue that it's 'your body', so what do you do? When you run out of lies, you mock real rape victims in order to use them once again to achieve your goals so that you can kill your own children for your own convenience and the abortion industry can stay in business.

how sick and hurt must someone be to take one of the most beautiful magical aspects of life and turn it into rape and slavery...its so sad..I feel very sorry for you

how sick and hurt must someone be to take one of the most beautiful magical aspects of life and turn it into rape and slavery...its so sad..I feel very sorry for you

Being forced to bear an unwanted fetus is one of the most beautiful magical aspects of life? :cuckoo:

And spare me your phony pity. LOL! You have no true compassion for real, existing people. Just for imagined future beings.

Being forced to bear an unwanted fetus is one of the most beautiful magical aspects of life? :cuckoo:

And spare me your phony pity. LOL! You have no true compassion for real, existing people. Just for imagined future beings.

no really I do pity you...or anyone that feels until a child breathes its first breath it is it is morally just to murder it...who hurt you so badly.?.

Last edited:

no really I do pity you....
I guess I'll have to humor you. I mean with a face like that, I should cut you some slack. :tongue:

Forum List

Back