Abortion Doctor George Tiller Reportedly Killed at Church

[Can YOU provide evidence that right wing extremist willing to murder are nothing more than a minor subset of a minor segment of our population? Perhaps list for us over the last 20 years all the incidents of right wingers taking lives? I can only think of a couple. A couple dead doctors and Oklahoma and that thing in Atlanta.

If we on the right go back to the 60's and 70's we can provide examples of murderous left wing extremists and over the last 20 years we can point out the left wing nut jobs that have tried assassinations, bombs and other tactics against the evil Corporations of America and our Presidents.

Oh, and Oklahoma. Just that one little thing. No big whoop.

How about the bombings of abortion clinics? What about the murders committed by the KKK and other white supremacist extremist groups? They DO vote Republican. What about the car bombing of the environmentalists in California in 1990? Who had motive to do that? Logging companies? Hmmmm. And the FBI covered it up and tried to misrepresent the evidence. Hmmmm.

I tried to find evidence of bombings of corporations but couldn't find anything. As for Presidential assassin would-be's, well, they didn't even get close to succeeding did they? The guy who shot Reagan was insane, not an activist.

So your point is that leftists wait until they have control of the government and then commit mass murders to make up for lost time? But until then, leftists are peaceful. Well, except for Earth First!, the Animal Liberation Front and the Earth Liberation Front.

Internationally, the Red Army Faction and the Bader-Meinhof gang almost never killed anyone.

I'm not sure you can prove weapon of choice as example of being peace loving. Leftist groups prefer arson and bombing to firearms (although Earth First! has been known to shoot cattle (they were eating the grass)).

they don't count. it was a different era, you see. neither do the deaths caused by the weather underground or the various splinter groups. only people with conservative beliefs are truly dangerous. get with the program, tech!

:eusa_whistle:

Yeah.. because leftist extremists and asshole anarchists are NOTHING to worry about :rolleyes:

Can you link any reports of threats to human lives from radical leftists, Dave? Or anyone else? Not that I'm saying that there aren't any, I just can't think of any. Sure they've destroyed property, but killed people?

remember Bill Ayers??? yer guy's bestest bud??

Yeah.. because leftist extremists and asshole anarchists are NOTHING to worry about :rolleyes:

Can you link any reports of threats to human lives from radical leftists, Dave? Or anyone else? Not that I'm saying that there aren't any, I just can't think of any. Sure they've destroyed property, but killed people?

remember Bill Ayers??? yer guy's bestest bud??

different era. doesn't count, those people aren't really dead.

So your point is that leftists wait until they have control of the government and then commit mass murders to make up for lost time? But until then, leftists are peaceful. Well, except for Earth First!, the Animal Liberation Front and the Earth Liberation Front.

Internationally, the Red Army Faction and the Bader-Meinhof gang almost never killed anyone.

I'm not sure you can prove weapon of choice as example of being peace loving. Leftist groups prefer arson and bombing to firearms (although Earth First! has been known to shoot cattle (they were eating the grass)).

What mass murders have leftists committed when in control of the government?

Let's leave international organizations out of argument. I don't even want to know what rightwing extremist groups outside of this country are doing.

ELF, Earth First, and Animal Liberation Front have killed how many people?

Individual crime doesn't implicate like minded sympathizers. The killer of tiller will be punished within the confines of our laws. His was an individual act and should not be generalized to everyone who is pro-life anymore than individual crime from the left doesn't vilify all liberals. It's easy to villify for the sake of political capital until the shit comes flying back atcha after criminal behaviour by someone on your side of the spectrum which you, individually, had no control of. My advice would be to be careful about generalizing and enjoy your free supreme court justice (lets face it, this will only solidify support for abortion) and call it a day.

"leftists" generally make noise... they don't run around with guns.

green-houses-burning2.jpg

Earth Liberation Front firebombing....might want to revise your assumptions.

Don't flatter yourselves. The shooter had an extensive criminal record and no one was able to protect anyone from him. You gonna round up everyone with pro-life bumper stickers?

Let's leave international organizations out of argument. I don't even want to know what rightwing extremist groups outside of this country are doing.

Mao, Pol Pot, Stalin, Castro and the list goes on. I see I shouldn't have take the the parenthetical out of my post that said "not this country yet, internationally). However, it is an international political movement not a country specific one, so I think the artificial limits are foolish.

About how many people are you looking for them to have committed, just so I know what the standard is before I go waste my time? If they haven't killed anyone, it isn't their fault. I do know they've killed themselves, does that count? I recall the story of the ELF guy in the southwest practicing a bombing run at a nuclear plant that manage to blow himself up.

Sure.

Here are his number one fans.
Army of God

and that proves what beyond the fact that there are antiabortion nutbars?
that's a lovely site btw, do you spend a lot of time there when you're not making light of dead cops?
just wondering.

they're just the freaks who protest gays at soldiers funerals, too... all around great guys...

and i will add one thing... i hate the enviro and animal nutters just as much. not people who are human and environmentally aware, but the violent freaks ... so i take back that there's no "lefties" doing stupid stuff.... but the things they want aren't part of the Democratic Party Platform.

Hog swill. They are part of the Democratic Party Platform, who want to halt resource procurement and shut down industry.

that's a lovely site btw, do you spend a lot of time there when you're not making light of dead cops?
just wondering.

they're just the freaks who protest gays at soldiers funerals, too... all around great guys...

and i will add one thing... i hate the enviro and animal nutters just as much. not people who are human and environmentally aware, but the violent freaks ... so i take back that there's no "lefties" doing stupid stuff.... but the things they want aren't part of the Democratic Party Platform.

Hog swill. They are part of the Democratic Party Platform, who want to halt resource procurement and shut down industry.

Yeah, that's a laugh.

Mao, Pol Pot, Stalin, Castro and the list goes on. I see I shouldn't have take the the parenthetical out of my post that said "not this country yet, internationally). However, it is an international political movement not a country specific one, so I think the artificial limits are foolish.

About how many people are you looking for them to have committed, just so I know what the standard is before I go waste my time? If they haven't killed anyone, it isn't their fault. I do know they've killed themselves, does that count? I recall the story of the ELF guy in the southwest practicing a bombing run at a nuclear plant that manage to blow himself up.

It was (I think) an ALF freak...a woman and their venerable leader. She was transporting a bomb in her vw and it blew up and took her leg with it.

I'm not sure what you were looking for other than something to get us out of "singular" nutbar into plural "nutbars".

i'm looking for something that supports blaming every conservative in the country for this man's murder. i won't wait up.
I never knew every conservative in the country was a right wing extremist. Thanks for the heads up.

Let's see, he was a member of the Freeman, an anti-government group, was arrested on explosives charges which were later dropped, was infamous for violent anti-abortion rhetoric on message boards.

The system that could not protect us from people like that before is now going to be effective by targeting people with pro-life bumper stickers now?

I understand that people like to equate Mao, Pol Pot, and Stalin as leftwing in the political spectrum but they weren't. I don't care what they're politics were, they weren't liberal. They were insane, egomaniacal, power-driven, ruthless, murderers. Castro was a leftist but absolute power... You know the rest. And I could bring up Hitler, Franco, Pinochet, etc. for rightwing extremists. I just don't think those example really apply in this argument. That's why I thought it best to leave them out.

Ha ha! If a member of ELF or ALF or whoever kills themselves it doesn't count unless they took innocent people with them. Only murder counts in this debate.

Forum List

Back