About The Power Of Prayer:

Prayer isn't like ordering a pizza where you ask for what you want and get it. Prayer is the way we communicate and build a relationship with our Heavenly Father. It's not done to change His will but to align our will with His.

Talk to your Father. He loves you.
God doesn't answer prayers. Otherwise, you'd shut up. :D

Sure He does. Just because He tells you no doesn't mean thereby answered.

Besides, I have said a word to you.
So god can hear me but he's just ignoring me?

Would you be quick to respond to someone who is mocking you?
If I mock him, it's because he ignores me and hides... in a book. He just has to give me a "wassup" or a "hello", I won't ask him to be rich or handsome or anything like that, because I already am. :D

Prayer isn't like ordering a pizza where you ask for what you want and get it. Prayer is the way we communicate and build a relationship with our Heavenly Father. It's not done to change His will but to align our will with His.

Talk to your Father. He loves you.

If I mock him, it's because he ignores me and hides... in a book. He just has to give me a "wassup" or a "hello", I won't ask him to be rich or handsome or anything like that, because I already am. :D

I know you think you are having great fun at my expense and His expense. But He still loves you He is speaking to you. But you've hardened your heart past feeling His love.

If you want to know Him seek Him out. He is where He said He is. The books He provides are instruction manuals to find Him, but they profit a man little if they don't follow them and learn wisdom from Him.

If you are rich and beautiful tell Him of your gratitude for that. Thank Him for the life you have. And ask for the scales of darkness to be removed from your eyes.

Eternal life is to know God. That's the promise we are given if we seek Him

When I was born in 1934 the average life expectancy of a White male in the United States was 61. If someone survived their first heart attack they would mope around essentially disabled for a couple of years then die. Cancer was a death sentence. The only treatment was surgery and over half the time the tumor metasticized and spread. The afflicted usually lasted a year after that at the most.

Wednesday evening prayer meetings all over this country were crowded and prayer lists were a foot long. Every family either had a member or a close friend who was sick or dying. People prayed till their knees were bloody and the afflicted suffered and died anyway.

Now the average life expectancy of a White male at birth is 78. Thanks to the electronic spin offs from the moon landing in the late 60's we have sophisticated diagnostic systems, MRI, CT scans, ultrasound, echocardiogram, endoscopy, colonoscopy, heart catherization procedures, stents, bypasses, transplants, stem cell technology, chemo, radiation and limited invasive surgical procedures which produce much lower mortality statistics. What about the millions upon millions who died or suffered unmercifully before all this technology and research came about? Did anything the prayer group did have any effect at all?

Think an emerging field of study's gonna be quantum reality and consciousness. At the quantum level of physical reality, there is no physicality. We're just states of existence blinking in and out all the time. No matter how much you 'zoom' in microscopicly, there's just a dot in the middle surrounded by empty space down infinitely. So the power of thought, consciousness, and awareness of the self undoubtedly has power over physical reality we're only vaguely aware of.

Callit prayer, meditation, biofeedback, what have you, focusing your awareness to achieve some desired result isn't as far-fetched as some seem to think.

When I was born in 1934 the average life expectancy of a White male in the United States was 61. If someone survived their first heart attack they would mope around essentially disabled for a couple of years then die. Cancer was a death sentence. The only treatment was surgery and over half the time the tumor metasticized and spread. The afflicted usually lasted a year after that at the most.

Wednesday evening prayer meetings all over this country were crowded and prayer lists were a foot long. Every family either had a member or a close friend who was sick or dying. People prayed till their knees were bloody and the afflicted suffered and died anyway.

Now the average life expectancy of a White male at birth is 78. Thanks to the electronic spin offs from the moon landing in the late 60's we have sophisticated diagnostic systems, MRI, CT scans, ultrasound, echocardiogram, endoscopy, colonoscopy, heart catherization procedures, stents, bypasses, transplants, stem cell technology, chemo, radiation and limited invasive surgical procedures which produce much lower mortality statistics. What about the millions upon millions who died or suffered unmercifully before all this technology and research came about? Did anything the prayer group did have any effect at all?

Think an emerging field of study's gonna be quantum reality and consciousness. At the quantum level of physical reality, there is no physicality. We're just states of existence blinking in and out all the time. No matter how much you 'zoom' in microscopicly, there's just a dot in the middle surrounded by empty space down infinitely. So the power of thought, consciousness, and awareness of the self undoubtedly has power over physical reality we're only vaguely aware of.

Callit prayer, meditation, biofeedback, what have you, focusing your awareness to achieve some desired result isn't as far-fetched as some seem to think.

I have no problem believing that a human is capable of almost unbelievable feats and accomplishments once focused and dedicated. It's the help from above that makes my arse crave turnip juice.

I have no problem believing that a human is capable of almost unbelievable feats and accomplishments once focused and dedicated. It's the help from above that makes my arse crave turnip juice.

Am more interested in the effects than the causes. wanna credit God knock yourself off (literally.) :) I'm gonna interpret the result sicentifically though, not spiritually beyond allowing for placebo effects.

Am more interested in the effects than the causes. wanna credit God knock yourself off (literally.) :) I'm gonna interpret the result sicentifically though, not spiritually beyond allowing for placebo effects.

Me Too

I know you think you are having great fun at my expense and His expense. But He still loves you He is speaking to you. But you've hardened your heart past feeling His love.

If you want to know Him seek Him out. He is where He said He is. The books He provides are instruction manuals to find Him, but they profit a man little if they don't follow them and learn wisdom from Him.

If you are rich and beautiful tell Him of your gratitude for that. Thank Him for the life you have. And ask for the scales of darkness to be removed from your eyes.

Eternal life is to know God. That's the promise we are given if we seek Him
I'd be way more grateful if he stopped making horribly deformed babies, and give us a cure for cancer, or better yet, stop giving it to people.
And no, he's not speaking to me, not even to say sorry for all the deformed and handicapped kids and people around the world that he made.

Forum List

Back