Abraham Lincoln uncensored

I'm not a Confederate. That's bullshit.
We all lost the war. We lost almost one million Americans. There is STILL division over north and south.
I am against Lincoln's trampling of the constitution and skillfully strategy of fort sumter causing the civil war to stop states from doing something the constitution never forbid.
You can kiss my ass!
Sorry. I was too harsh. You have absorbed a perspective of history, though, told by the losers. If you are willing to move on from that disastrous war, why do you keep bringing it up?

civil-war-southerners-re-enactors-with-period-items-from-guns-to-uniforms-ACBN6D.jpg
You mean lincolns own words and actions? Lol ok :dunno:
Not everyone looks at his actions the way you do, TN. And I still think even the South and even the descendants of slaves here ought to thank him for pulling us back together and eventually stopping the kicking and screaming over being able to own human beings.
850,000 dead Americans and half the nation destroyed to prevent the South from leaving. Much better to let them leave peacefully.
Had Lincoln let the south secede, slavery might still be legal in the confederacy.

I doubt that. In the 1940s harvesting machinery was making manual labor finally obsolete. So with that the value of owning black people would have been lost. now what would have happened to those people when they had no value is another story had the Confederacy been allowed to stay.

Sorry. I was too harsh. You have absorbed a perspective of history, though, told by the losers. If you are willing to move on from that disastrous war, why do you keep bringing it up?

civil-war-southerners-re-enactors-with-period-items-from-guns-to-uniforms-ACBN6D.jpg
Not everyone looks at his actions the way you do, TN. And I still think even the South and even the descendants of slaves here ought to thank him for pulling us back together and eventually stopping the kicking and screaming over being able to own human beings.
850,000 dead Americans and half the nation destroyed to prevent the South from leaving. Much better to let them leave peacefully.
Had Lincoln let the south secede, slavery might still be legal in the confederacy.

I doubt that. In the 1940s harvesting machinery was making manual labor finally obsolete. So with that the value of owning black people would have been lost. now what would have happened to those people when they had no value is another story had the Confederacy been allowed to stay.
Slavery could have ended long before the 1940s. The cost of the war of northern aggression was billions of dollars, in 1860s dollars. Had cooler more intelligent heads prevailed, the slave owners could have been more cheaply bought off.

The war would have been averted entirely, had Lincoln overturned the Morrill Tariff or Buchanan vetoed it.

Last edited:

Slavery could have ended long before the 1940s. The cost of the war of northern aggression was billions of dollars, in 1860s dollars. Had cooler more intelligent heads prevailed, the slave owners could have been more cheaply bought off.

The war would have been averted entirely, had Lincoln overturned the Morrill Tariff or Buchanan vetoed it.

There was no war of northern aggression.

Abraham Lincoln has been given a lot of credit because he signed the emancipation proclamation. But in reality he was forced to do so because blacks refused to be resettled in a colony in the Central American jungle.

"In his book The Fiery Trial: Abraham Lincoln and American Slavery, historian Eric Foner writes that by 1862, Lincoln, as well as politically moderate members of Congress, saw colonization as at least a piece of the policy puzzle. "Both the law providing for abolition in the District of Columbia and the Second Confiscation Act included provisions for the colonization of those willing to emigrate. During 1862, Congress appropriated a total of $600,000 to aid in the transportation overseas of African-Americans," Foner wrote. Policy entrepreneurs of varying trustworthiness offered colonization proposals in such far-flung locales as Brazil, Colombia, and the Caribbean island of St. Croix.

But most black Americans weren’t buying. Seeking their support, Lincoln met with a black delegation at the White House on Aug. 14, 1862, and made the case for colonization. It was widely considered a failure. Lincoln offended his visitors, and others who read the after-the-fact newspaper coverage, by saying such things as, "It is better for us both, therefore, to be separated" and that for blacks to refuse to colonize elsewhere would be "extremely selfish."

Did Abraham Lincoln plan to send ex-slaves to Central America after the Civil War?

Abraham Lincoln 'wanted to deport slaves' to new colonies

Here are some words from the republican Abe Lincoln:

“You and we are different races. We have between us a broader difference than exists between almost any other two races. Whether it is right or wrong I need not discuss, but this physical difference is a great disadvantage to us both, as I think your race suffer very greatly, many of them by living among us, while ours suffer from your presence. In a word we suffer on each side. If this is admitted, it affords a reason at least why we should be separated.”

This is the Abraham Lincoln they didn’t tell you about in school.

As the free black leaders soon discovered, Lincoln’s invitation to discuss policy was a pretext for a one-sided sales pitch.

“I do not propose to discuss this, but to present it as a fact with which we have to deal,” Lincoln continued. “I cannot alter it if I would. It is a fact, about which we all think and feel alike, I and you.”

Lincoln continued to unload on the delegates, even blaming their people for the Civil War at his doorstep: “See our present condition—the country engaged in war!—our white men cutting one another’s throats, none knowing how far it will extend; and then consider what we know to be the truth. But for your race among us there could not be war, although many men engaged on either side do not care for you one way or the other. Nevertheless, I repeat, without the institution of Slavery and the colored race as a basis, the war could not have an existence.”

Slavery was a law made legal by whites and yet Lincoln blames blacks for the civil war.

This brought the president back to colonization, and his purpose for inviting the delegates to the White House in the first place—to get them to accept his trial balloon.

“I suppose one of the principal difficulties in the way of colonization is that the free colored man cannot see that his comfort would be advanced by it,” Lincoln reasoned. “You may believe you can live in Washington or elsewhere in the United States the remainder of your life [as easily], perhaps more so than you can in any foreign country, and hence you may come to the conclusion that you have nothing to do with the idea of going to a foreign country. This is (I speak in no unkind sense) an extremely selfish view of the case.”

Then he pivoted: “But you ought to do something to help those who are not so fortunate as yourselves.”

In Lincoln’s mind, if these free leaders stepped forward to lead the emigration of black people out of the United States, that would make it easier for white slaveholders to free the rest.

He explained: “If you could give a start to white people, you would open a wide door for many to be made free. If we deal with those who are not free at the beginning, and whose intellects are clouded by Slavery, we have very poor materials to start with. If intelligent colored men, such as are before me, would move in this matter, much might be accomplished. It is exceedingly important that we have men at the beginning capable of thinking as white men, and not those who have been systematically oppressed.”

Nothing like flattering some of the race by insulting the rest!

“There is much to encourage you,” Lincoln continued pitching. “For the sake of your race you should sacrifice something of your present comfort for the purpose of being as grand in that respect as the white people.”

https://www.theroot.com/did-lincoln-want-to-ship-black-people-back-to-africa-1790858389

This is part of republican history they don't want to tell blacks as they try to herd dumb blacks into republican slave quarters.

So, according to your meme, blacks are handicapped? BTW, the issue of slavery was a secondary issue and not the main reason the Civil War was fought.....capiche'?

I'm not a Confederate. That's bullshit.
We all lost the war. We lost almost one million Americans. There is STILL division over north and south.
I am against Lincoln's trampling of the constitution and skillfully strategy of fort sumter causing the civil war to stop states from doing something the constitution never forbid.
You can kiss my ass!

Well slavery was legal on the mainland of Great Brit. Untill recently...but no one owned any slaves there before Test Cricket started.

Liberia has elephants.

There is no landline phone system in Liberia. Take your cell.

Consensual same sex activities will get you a year in jail.

Major source of income: Ship registries. I know, who woulda thunk.

Their civil war in the 90's and the skunk who took over there and bankrupted them really knocked the stuffin' out of them. They still have not recovered.

well, they have lost 95% of their elephants to poaching so they wont have them for long

Abraham Lincoln has been given a lot of credit because he signed the emancipation proclamation. But in reality he was forced to do so because blacks refused to be resettled in a colony in the Central American jungle.

"In his book The Fiery Trial: Abraham Lincoln and American Slavery, historian Eric Foner writes that by 1862, Lincoln, as well as politically moderate members of Congress, saw colonization as at least a piece of the policy puzzle. "Both the law providing for abolition in the District of Columbia and the Second Confiscation Act included provisions for the colonization of those willing to emigrate. During 1862, Congress appropriated a total of $600,000 to aid in the transportation overseas of African-Americans," Foner wrote. Policy entrepreneurs of varying trustworthiness offered colonization proposals in such far-flung locales as Brazil, Colombia, and the Caribbean island of St. Croix.

But most black Americans weren’t buying. Seeking their support, Lincoln met with a black delegation at the White House on Aug. 14, 1862, and made the case for colonization. It was widely considered a failure. Lincoln offended his visitors, and others who read the after-the-fact newspaper coverage, by saying such things as, "It is better for us both, therefore, to be separated" and that for blacks to refuse to colonize elsewhere would be "extremely selfish."

Did Abraham Lincoln plan to send ex-slaves to Central America after the Civil War?

“You and we are different races. We have between us a broader difference than exists between almost any other two races. Whether it is right or wrong I need not discuss, but this physical difference is a great disadvantage to us both, as I think your race suffer very greatly, many of them by living among us, while ours suffer from your presence. In a word we suffer on each side. If this is admitted, it affords a reason at least why we should be separated.”

As the free black leaders soon discovered, Lincoln’s invitation to discuss policy was a pretext for a one-sided sales pitch.

“I do not propose to discuss this, but to present it as a fact with which we have to deal,” Lincoln continued. “I cannot alter it if I would. It is a fact, about which we all think and feel alike, I and you.”

Lincoln continued to unload on the delegates, even blaming their people for the Civil War at his doorstep: “See our present condition—the country engaged in war!—our white men cutting one another’s throats, none knowing how far it will extend; and then consider what we know to be the truth. But for your race among us there could not be war, although many men engaged on either side do not care for you one way or the other. Nevertheless, I repeat, without the institution of Slavery and the colored race as a basis, the war could not have an existence.”

Slavery was a law made legal by whites and yet Lincoln blames blacks for the civil war.

This brought the president back to colonization, and his purpose for inviting the delegates to the White House in the first place—to get them to accept his trial balloon.

“I suppose one of the principal difficulties in the way of colonization is that the free colored man cannot see that his comfort would be advanced by it,” Lincoln reasoned. “You may believe you can live in Washington or elsewhere in the United States the remainder of your life [as easily], perhaps more so than you can in any foreign country, and hence you may come to the conclusion that you have nothing to do with the idea of going to a foreign country. This is (I speak in no unkind sense) an extremely selfish view of the case.”

Then he pivoted: “But you ought to do something to help those who are not so fortunate as yourselves.”

In Lincoln’s mind, if these free leaders stepped forward to lead the emigration of black people out of the United States, that would make it easier for white slaveholders to free the rest.

He explained: “If you could give a start to white people, you would open a wide door for many to be made free. If we deal with those who are not free at the beginning, and whose intellects are clouded by Slavery, we have very poor materials to start with. If intelligent colored men, such as are before me, would move in this matter, much might be accomplished. It is exceedingly important that we have men at the beginning capable of thinking as white men, and not those who have been systematically oppressed.”

“There is much to encourage you,” Lincoln continued pitching. “For the sake of your race you should sacrifice something of your present comfort for the purpose of being as grand in that respect as the white people.”

https://www.theroot.com/did-lincoln-want-to-ship-black-people-back-to-africa-1790858389

This is part of republican history they don't want to tell blacks as they try to herd dumb blacks into republican slave quarters.

So, according to your meme, blacks are handicapped? BTW, the issue of slavery was a secondary issue and not the main reason the Civil War was fought.....capiche'?

no actually it was the primary issue according to the founding fathers of Confederacy who all said that was the primary issue of why they split.

They broke from the US over and hundreds of federal properties by force if necessary, enforced the surrender of 1/4 of the US military for the cause of protecting and expanding the institution of race based slavery.

Try another one boy. The blacks must be handicapped for mentioning what whites have done gaslighting tactic doesn't work. CAPICHE?

LOL. Once again you prove you’re ignorant.

Who invaded whom? Who used force to obtain it’s goal? Who refused a peaceful approach?

Had Lincoln followed the constitution, there wouldn’t have been a war. He chose war and tyranny which should have resulted in his removal from office in 1861.

no actually it was the primary issue according to the founding fathers of Confederacy who all said that was the primary issue of why they split.

They broke from the US over and hundreds of federal properties by force if necessary, enforced the surrender of 1/4 of the US military for the cause of protecting and expanding the institution of race based slavery.
The south offered to pay for all federal facilities located in the Confederacy. They also agreed to pay their portion of the national debt. Lincoln told them fuck off and prepare to die.

The south offered to pay for all federal facilities located in the Confederacy. They also agreed to pay their portion of the national debt. Lincoln told them fuck off and prepare to die.

The time to renegotiate the bankruptcy of USA.INC formerly known as the Virginia Company fell under Lincoln's term and the bankers wanted the lands of the southern states put up for collateral. There were over 451,000 slaves in the north counted in 1860 and Lincoln's proclamation to "free " the slaves didn't occur until 1863...over two years into the war. Maryland, Delaware, Kentucky, and Missouri were Union slave states and there were still slaves in the Union up until 1865..Slaves that fought for the Union army were only paid 2/3rds of what non slave soldiers were.

IM2 wants to believe that the nation went to war to free the slaves but it wasn't even a secondary reason. unless one believes in revisionist history.

I don't support much of the confederacy. I am against slavery. I am against any kind of abuse of power. I am also against shutting down newspapers and arresting people. Sending your thugs out to pillage and burn. Telling your supreme court to go fuck themselves. Etc etc etc.
I do support his assassination.
I don't support your ridiculous bullshit that he freed any slaves. That he cared about black folk..
If you read what he actually said and did, you wouldn't say the bullshit you do
Hence, the high school history book reference.

You must HATE Trump then, that much is sure...

So wait... so if people were trying to overthrow the government to install sharia law, you would just say "let them be" and push for anarchy?

And now you want to rewrite history.. What do you say we do with the stories of all those slaves? The thousands celebrating the Emancipation Proclamation? Just dump that crap because it doesn't fit your revised version of history? Burn their stories, destroy the evidence, then you can have your version of history with nothing to say that isn't true?

And there probably will be people like you in 100 years. Saying "look there, HW Bush said no more taxes, and that's proof he never raised taxes, and Obama said Obamacare would go perfectly and you can keep your provider so that is the truth. Don't look at the actual facts, campaign speeches are all just truths.

I'd suggest you educate yourself on this topic. It's abundantly clear that you'd rather write your own and keep your ignorance instead.
Trump is no Lincoln but I do not support him. Not sure why that matters though.
What slave did the emancipation proclamation free? None is the answer. It only applies to states he had no control over.
A journalist wrote a piece in his paper to Lincoln that called on him to free all slaves in union control. He said if he could win this war without freeing one slave he would. He said that because it was about the union. He didn't care about the slaves, he was just against the concept of owning other humans. One of the few things I agree with him on.
He only did the EP because England was about to support the confederacy.
Put your high school cliches in the back of the bus.

Yes, the journalist wrote that piece. Granted that same Journalist, Horace Greeley, also wrote his context to Lincoln's reply that he was paving the way for his emancipation proclamation trying to garner public support and all along he wanted to free the slaves. But you seem to leave that journalist out of history when it doesn't suit you.

Why OVER AND OVER AND OVER do you keep wanting to destroy or rewrite history?

If he didn't care about the slaves, why write legislation as a senator to free them. Why push to keep it from expanding. Why end it in DC. Why make slavery the ONLY thing W. Va had to abandon to join the US? Why free the slaves in the south and then fight for the 13th amendment?
IM2 I realize we were in a different thread, but read this on what Lincoln personally felt about slavery. My thanks to Sand Squid for cheering my heart just a bit.

Executive Mansion,
Washington, August 22, 1862.

Hon. Horace Greeley:
Dear Sir.

I have just read yours of the 19th. addressed to myself through the New-York Tribune....As to the policy I "seem to be pursuing" as you say, I have not meant to leave any one in doubt.

I would save the Union. I would save it the shortest way under the Constitution. The sooner the national authority can be restored; the nearer the Union will be "the Union as it was." If there be those who would not save the Union, unless they could at the same time save slavery, I do not agree with them. If there be those who would not save the Union unless they could at the same time destroy slavery, I do not agree with them. My paramount object in this struggle is to save the Union, and is not either to save or to destroy slavery. If I could save the Union without freeing any slave I would do it, and if I could save it by freeing all the slaves I would do it; and if I could save it by freeing some and leaving others alone I would also do that. What I do about slavery, and the colored race, I do because I believe it helps to save the Union; and what I forbear, I forbear because I do not believe it would help to save the Union. I shall do less whenever I shall believe what I am doing hurts the cause, and I shall do more whenever I shall believe doing more will help the cause. I shall try to correct errors when shown to be errors; and I shall adopt new views so fast as they shall appear to be true views.

I have here stated my purpose according to my view of official duty; and I intend no modification of my oft-expressed personal wish that all men every where could be free.

Yours,
A. Lincoln.

Abraham Lincoln's Letter to Horace Greeley

I've read that. Now can you please understand there is a difference between freeing slaves and believing they were humans and equal in every way to whites?
He did know. One of the articles you put up, with his comments to a group of black community leaders, acknowledged slavery's negative effect on blacks in that day. Which was true for those who had grown up in it, uneducated and treated like dirt. Above in his letter to Greeley he says "all men."
He knew.

You must HATE Trump then, that much is sure...

So wait... so if people were trying to overthrow the government to install sharia law, you would just say "let them be" and push for anarchy?

And now you want to rewrite history.. What do you say we do with the stories of all those slaves? The thousands celebrating the Emancipation Proclamation? Just dump that crap because it doesn't fit your revised version of history? Burn their stories, destroy the evidence, then you can have your version of history with nothing to say that isn't true?

And there probably will be people like you in 100 years. Saying "look there, HW Bush said no more taxes, and that's proof he never raised taxes, and Obama said Obamacare would go perfectly and you can keep your provider so that is the truth. Don't look at the actual facts, campaign speeches are all just truths.

I'd suggest you educate yourself on this topic. It's abundantly clear that you'd rather write your own and keep your ignorance instead.
Trump is no Lincoln but I do not support him. Not sure why that matters though.
What slave did the emancipation proclamation free? None is the answer. It only applies to states he had no control over.
A journalist wrote a piece in his paper to Lincoln that called on him to free all slaves in union control. He said if he could win this war without freeing one slave he would. He said that because it was about the union. He didn't care about the slaves, he was just against the concept of owning other humans. One of the few things I agree with him on.
He only did the EP because England was about to support the confederacy.
Put your high school cliches in the back of the bus.

Yes, the journalist wrote that piece. Granted that same Journalist, Horace Greeley, also wrote his context to Lincoln's reply that he was paving the way for his emancipation proclamation trying to garner public support and all along he wanted to free the slaves. But you seem to leave that journalist out of history when it doesn't suit you.

Why OVER AND OVER AND OVER do you keep wanting to destroy or rewrite history?

If he didn't care about the slaves, why write legislation as a senator to free them. Why push to keep it from expanding. Why end it in DC. Why make slavery the ONLY thing W. Va had to abandon to join the US? Why free the slaves in the south and then fight for the 13th amendment?
IM2 I realize we were in a different thread, but read this on what Lincoln personally felt about slavery. My thanks to Sand Squid for cheering my heart just a bit.

Executive Mansion,
Washington, August 22, 1862.

Hon. Horace Greeley:
Dear Sir.

I have just read yours of the 19th. addressed to myself through the New-York Tribune....As to the policy I "seem to be pursuing" as you say, I have not meant to leave any one in doubt.

I would save the Union. I would save it the shortest way under the Constitution. The sooner the national authority can be restored; the nearer the Union will be "the Union as it was." If there be those who would not save the Union, unless they could at the same time save slavery, I do not agree with them. If there be those who would not save the Union unless they could at the same time destroy slavery, I do not agree with them. My paramount object in this struggle is to save the Union, and is not either to save or to destroy slavery. If I could save the Union without freeing any slave I would do it, and if I could save it by freeing all the slaves I would do it; and if I could save it by freeing some and leaving others alone I would also do that. What I do about slavery, and the colored race, I do because I believe it helps to save the Union; and what I forbear, I forbear because I do not believe it would help to save the Union. I shall do less whenever I shall believe what I am doing hurts the cause, and I shall do more whenever I shall believe doing more will help the cause. I shall try to correct errors when shown to be errors; and I shall adopt new views so fast as they shall appear to be true views.

I have here stated my purpose according to my view of official duty; and I intend no modification of my oft-expressed personal wish that all men every where could be free.

Yours,
A. Lincoln.

Abraham Lincoln's Letter to Horace Greeley

I've read that. Now can you please understand there is a difference between freeing slaves and believing they were humans and equal in every way to whites?
I wanted to thank this but you are such an asshole I couldnt.
I hadn't thanked that post, so I just went back and thanked it for you.

No way.
Oh? What would have ended it?

Not a chance. It was on its way out in 1861.
If that were true, the south wouldn't have seceded.

It kinda makes you wish Lincoln had a diary. Where he kept his own thoughts out of the public.

I always laughed at the "Honest Abe" line. He was really one of the first major Presidents playing the campaigning game.

His first campaign, his opponents were all trying to paint him as an extremist. The abolitionist, the black republican. And when you look at his campaign speeches, he's trying to take the "no, I'm an electable moderate" side. The "I have no intention of ending slavery where it exists" campaign... he just wants to stop it's spread.

But once elected we see a completely different Lincoln. Slavery on the federal docks... eliminated, slavery in Wash DC... eliminated, slavery in W.VA.. eliminated, his fight for emancipation in Delaware, slavery in the South... eliminated.

And his fight for the 13th amendment to ban slavery throughout the US completely was nasty. Knowing the Amendment would be shelved in Congress if they thought a peace deal was being struck at the time, he'd be asked if there was a delegation and he'd respond “So far as I know, there are no peace commissioners in the city, nor are there likely to be.” They were in Virginia just outside the city and he planned on meeting them just outside the city... He talked with Frederick Douglass about a "premature peace" saying that if peace were to come too soon, he might not be able to free the slaves. He literally didn't want to end the war if it meant it would hamper freeing more slaves.

Same with the 13th. He'd promise legislators nice jobs, or for their family... or the opposite, finding a relative of a legislator being an officer for the South promising they would get a long prison term if they didn't vote for the 13th. This was the dirtiest politics ever... for the most pure cause.

Then the next election, the bomb dropped on Lincoln to show he was unelectable was calling him for equal rights. The "King Abraham Africanus the First" campaign... stories of how he wanted the unthinkable. And he denied it his entire campaign, because to accept that would be political suicide.

But as soon as the election had passed, who was fighting for equal pay for soldiers? Who was making his push for black suffrage a primary part of his 2nd term, effectively signing his own death warrant with that stance?

It's tough to say without him having a diary.

Was he the guy saying equality wasn't his goal on the campaign? Or the guy saying he was for equality once the votes were cast and he could do as he pleased?

In the end some of his harshest critics early on became his strongest supporters. Frederick Douglass, a man who Lincoln considered the person who's opinion most mattered to him talked at length about that and Lincolns pragmatism. How he couldn't have won the war and freed the slaves by putting that first.

Some others wish to say Douglass was "just another black fool" who knew nothing, and destroy his history because it speaks of Lincolns changing stance on black equality as well.

It would be neat to have that diary and see what was said from the heart.

Who invaded whom? Who used force to obtain it’s goal? Who refused a peaceful approach?

Had Lincoln followed the constitution, there wouldn’t have been a war. He chose war and tyranny which should have resulted in his removal from office in 1861.
The south started by attacking a federal installation.

No way.
Oh? What would have ended it?

I think that it would have ended with the 1940's farming revolution, when sharecropping finally saw it's twilight (just a guess). At that point, new
mechanized harvesting equipment was being made reliably and able to take over the hand harvesting which relied on manual labor. Figure another decade for the pressure from outside to outweigh the reward for them.

As for what would happen next is anyone’s guess. The south had made it abundantly clear they didn’t want free blacks with rights. Germany at that same time made it clear they didn’t want free Jews with rights, and would have been left to their own devices how to solve that issue had they not also chosen to invade Europe. Genocide was quite common in that time when a government felt a population was a detriment to their society. Pol Pot killed millions in genocide with no repurcussions internationally, Burundi, Indonesia, Ethiopia, Iraq...

At the best, we’d have an apartheid rule. 2nd class citizens with no rights, separate pay, etc...

But that is my guess. In the 60’s states in the south were STILL rejecting ratifying the 13th amendment, and one state didn’t officially ratify it until just 6 years ago. There’s the possibility that they would have held onto slavery much longer, just “cull the herd” so to speak to an acceptable level in a post-manual harvesting world. It’s all a guess, but mine is sometime soon after those mid-1940’s farming changes.

That same simpleton argument always presented by the Lincoln cultist. So in your mind, the north had to go war over a fort they fully intended to evacuate and the bombing of which by SC, resulted in no casualties. Too fucking funny. Do you cultists ever tire?

At any rate, it is well known that Lincoln set up events at Fort Sumter. If you disagree, then you expose yourself as uninformed.

Correct. While Lincoln preached peace, and that he wouldn't fire unless fired upon, the South was overrunning hundreds of US federal properties. Raiding US weapons caches, overrunning federal ports, and taking over US ships when they couldn't be destroyed in time.

Once those hundreds of properties were invaded, 1/4 of the US military forced to surrender at gunpoint, and actual open war against the US with the bombing of a US base for 24 straight hours... ONLY THEN was a military response made with force.

But ignorant ones will still hold onto that lost cause myth debunked by actual source history.

Forum List

Back