Abraham? Really?

Why didnt God speak to Native Americans? Or Asians? Or Europeans?
Why didnt he speak to cro-magnum? He could have had us far more advanced :dunno:

There is compelling evidence that he did for the native tribes in north america.
Their stories have many things that speak of the great creator. They got it by having his spirit in everything.
From all the evidence i have seen, the indians werent introduced to the christian god until the Europeans got on this continent and starting forcing the tribes to convert. You know, when they stole the children and forced them into indoctrinating schools..
Native Americans had their own version of spirits, afterlife etc. It has nothing to do with the christian god. Kinda narcissistic, dont you think?
There is only one creator. He doesn't care what you call him. You intentionally muddy the water of religion and God as much as you blame acts of men for acts of God. I don't see much difference between what you do and what those you criticize did. You just have a different dogma is all.
Oh bullshit ding. You have faith. Faith can only remain stable through bias.
Actually faith means to have complete trust in something. I don't put complete trust in anything I don't have good reason to trust.

What good reason do you have to trust your beliefs? Negatives?
Logic is lost on you

He had a concubine. Actually two if you count hagar. Although some scholars have said they were the same person.
He married his sister
He was subordinate to his sister wife
Made an illegitimate child and kicked him out
Lied to his son that he was going to kill him
He was obviously mentally ill. With some incest and sins in there.
My point is, how did this crazy person become the patriarch of Judaism, Christianity and Islam?
Apparently, despite all of these moral flaws and repugnant behavior, he was still chosen by god for loyalty. This "moral" God was able to look past all of his sins because he was willing to kill his child? WTF
And people say atheists have no morals? Lol
I see that you think you are clever. What you are is confirming your bias. That's not clever. That's ignorant and lazy.

Before you can understand "who" God is, you have to believe that there is intelligence behind the rules which existed before space and time were created.

Which rules are you talking about ?

probably "natural laws"----the WAY STUFF ACTS----like Sir Isaac Newton's laws of thermodynamics.
Physical and moral.

your answer is silly------NATURAL LAW----has nothing to do with human morality. ------you should read the first chapter of your high school physics text

He had a concubine. Actually two if you count hagar. Although some scholars have said they were the same person.
He married his sister
He was subordinate to his sister wife
Made an illegitimate child and kicked him out
Lied to his son that he was going to kill him
He was obviously mentally ill. With some incest and sins in there.
My point is, how did this crazy person become the patriarch of Judaism, Christianity and Islam?
Apparently, despite all of these moral flaws and repugnant behavior, he was still chosen by god for loyalty. This "moral" God was able to look past all of his sins because he was willing to kill his child? WTF
And people say atheists have no morals? Lol
I see that you think you are clever. What you are is confirming your bias. That's not clever. That's ignorant and lazy.

Before you can understand "who" God is, you have to believe that there is intelligence behind the rules which existed before space and time were created.

probably "natural laws"----the WAY STUFF ACTS----like Sir Isaac Newton's laws of thermodynamics.
Physical and moral.

your answer is silly------NATURAL LAW----has nothing to do with human morality. ------you should read the first chapter of your high school physics text
Of course it does. Successful behaviors naturally lead to success just as failed behaviors naturally lead to failure. Do you think a master designer would not give us a way to tell the difference between doing good and rationalizing that we were doing good?

The only difference between physical laws and moral laws is that when we violate a physical law the consequence is immediate.

Physical and moral.

Of course it does. Successful behaviors naturally lead to success just as failed behaviors naturally lead to failure. Do you think a master designer would not give us a way to tell the difference between doing good and rationalizing that we were doing good?

The only difference between physical laws and moral laws is that when we violate a physical law the consequence is immediate.
It's kind of embarrassing when a non-Jew has studied a bit more in depth than a Jew.
Anyway, very well stated.

Gospel spread to the world.
Israel becoming a Nation again.
The world against Israel and Christianity.
All religions have spread to the world
ok
The world is against islam too. Weird how that works. Different religions being against the other..
I thought you were going to say something extraordinary lol
There is only one revealed religion. No other makes that claim.
Oh gosh lol. You better define that
Why? It would just go ever your head.
Try me
If you don't understand the concept of a revealed religion how can you place the differences and similarities of the different world religions in the proper context?

Physical and moral.

It's kind of embarrassing when a non-Jew has studied a bit more in depth than a Jew.
Something Huston Smith wrote stuck with me. I'm going to have to paraphrase it though as I do not have the direct quote in front of me.

[We should not be expected to understand the religion of others as well as they do, but if we remember that their adherents are human beings just like us, we need not fail miserably at it.]

I find it helpful to try to see each religion in its best light. It really isn't any skin off my teeth to do so.

Why didnt he speak to cro-magnum? He could have had us far more advanced :dunno:
Maybe he didn't have a preference for an outcome.
Or maybe everyone else already had a religion and abrahamic religions were the ones for the middle east.
Or maybe that we are hard wired to worship something.
Im not :dunno:
Everyone worships something. The only choice we have in the matter is choosing what we worship.

There is compelling evidence that he did for the native tribes in north america.
Their stories have many things that speak of the great creator. They got it by having his spirit in everything.
From all the evidence i have seen, the indians werent introduced to the christian god until the Europeans got on this continent and starting forcing the tribes to convert. You know, when they stole the children and forced them into indoctrinating schools..
Native Americans had their own version of spirits, afterlife etc. It has nothing to do with the christian god. Kinda narcissistic, dont you think?
There is only one creator. He doesn't care what you call him. You intentionally muddy the water of religion and God as much as you blame acts of men for acts of God. I don't see much difference between what you do and what those you criticize did. You just have a different dogma is all.
Oh bullshit ding. You have faith. Faith can only remain stable through bias.
Actually faith means to have complete trust in something. I don't put complete trust in anything I don't have good reason to trust.

What good reason do you have to trust your beliefs? Negatives?
Logic is lost on you
You do realize that the laws of nature are such that beings that know and create were predestined by the laws of nature before space and time were created, right? And that tangible items can be used as evidence, right?

Where is your logic?

Physical and moral.

there is morality in the sir Isaac newton's laws of thermodynamics? ----gravity? ------
mass times the speed of light? -------I must have missed something

Physical and moral.

there is morality in the sir Isaac newton's laws of thermodynamics? ----gravity? ------
Yes, you did miss something.... what I was saying.

Do you believe in cause and effect? If you continually cheat on your spouse, do you think there will be no consequences? As you experience those consequences, are they not feedback that can be acted upon? If you fail to learn your lesson and continue the behavior, is the lesson not brought back to you again and again?

Do you even know why there are standards?

Physical and moral.

Not morality...Torah.
The Laws of Physics behave as expected; humans do not.
Which spiritual entity can attain a greater closeness to God?
Certainly not the the Laws of Physics.

Genesis 1 / Hebrew - English Bible / Mechon-Mamre
Study verses 3 & 5.

All religions have spread to the world
ok
The world is against islam too. Weird how that works. Different religions being against the other..
I thought you were going to say something extraordinary lol
Try me
If you don't understand the concept of a revealed religion how can you place the differences and similarities of the different world religions in the proper context?
Im asking you to define it because our definitions might not be the same. I can think of a few ancient religions that could be defined as "revealed"

Try me
Im asking you to define it because our definitions might not be the same. I can think of a few ancient religions that could be defined as "revealed"
What is your definition?

Try me
What is your definition?
revelations by a god given to "prophets"

Try me
What is your definition?
revelations by a god given to "prophets"
That's a good answer but more broadly it means it is the only religion where God has revealed Himself to man. All other religions are men seeking God. This was the only one where God was seeking man.

With that said, much can be gleamed from men seeking God. Nothing wrong with that at all.

According to Medrish, G-d offered the Torah to all the nations and only the Jews accepted it.

Also Bilaam, was a prophet. He was an evil prophet, but a non Jewish prophet nonetheless.

actually BILAAM ends up a good guy-------a gentile prophet good person------started out questionable---
he probably had a rough childhood

No, he was evil.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

According to Medrish, G-d offered the Torah to all the nations and only the Jews accepted it.

Also Bilaam, was a prophet. He was an evil prophet, but a non Jewish prophet nonetheless.

actually BILAAM ends up a good guy-------a gentile prophet good person------started out questionable---
OMG!
You have zero idea of what you're talking about.
Stop "learning" Torah piecemeal.

No, he was evil.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

No----Balaam REDEEMED himself------the history of Balaam is one of redemption

OMG!
You have zero idea of what you're talking about.
Stop "learning" Torah piecemeal.

I don't "learn" it at all -------what EVIL did Balaam end up doing?

Forum List

Back