Abraham? Really?

I full understand the books on a scholarly level, I do not believe in it as fact only as faith based on facts.

Each religious text applies to the culture, people at the time of the writing.

Well their prophesies all pretty much agree with each other on end times. And a new era.
From Christian to Eastern ,all the way to native American ,Island tribes and even the aboriginals and African tribes.
I found it fascinating , that the Dogon tribe has known about Sirius B before the rest of the world knew. Also being dissected and torn apart by skeptics. :)

People took an old religion with a language scholars barely understand and use a calendar of their's to scare people in this age that the world was going to end. It didn't
Nor did the 2000 scare bring and end to computers or commerce.
Was not that long ago when star alignments and comets over the middle east were feared to be the end.
How many in the span of a hundred years will we have that don't come true. You might not even follow those of more obscure or Asian faiths.
People should stop shitting their pants and just live. When the end does come, if and when, we won't have any way to stop it, especially if it comes in the form of some giant asteroid. More likely we will be our own doom makers when water and food become scares due to over population. Just another extinction and then the birth of a new age of life.

The ancients had religion, we have horror stories we tell around camp fires and on halloween. Politicians have threats of global war and mutual nuclear annihilation. Greeks used mythic monsters and demi-god heroes. Some use dragons as either good or bad, depending on the part of the world.

a good scare, then a nice cup of hot chocolate and marshmallows for comfort before bed.

The early Christians were big time END OF DAYS persons--------do not blame Jesus----he was
an innocent Pharisee kid--------IT WAS PAUL (damn greek freak)

No actually the Jews were and rightly so, the destruction of Herods temple in 70AD.

No Christian Jews, followers of Jesus were big on end time.

Revelations barely made it into the canon and is still rare quoted by many major christian groups. It is still disputed if it should have made the cut at all.

End times is just a new age like the change from Taurus to Aries to Pisces to Aquarius. We just flow from one to the other.

Why do you think it did make it?

APPROVING REVELATION

it was popular

sheeesh----the early Christians argued as much as jews argue---------NOTHING LIKE
THE TYPICAL GENTEEL GENTILE to which I am accustomed

Last edited:
sheeesh----the early Christians argued as much as jews argue---------NOTHING LIKE
THE TYPICAL GENTEEL GENTILE to which I am accustomed

it was a mess. Most people don't know that much about the history of the church or bible. It did not just "appear" after Jesus death. A lot of blood was spilled in the struggle.

Well their prophesies all pretty much agree with each other on end times. And a new era.
From Christian to Eastern ,all the way to native American ,Island tribes and even the aboriginals and African tribes.
I found it fascinating , that the Dogon tribe has known about Sirius B before the rest of the world knew. Also being dissected and torn apart by skeptics. :)

The early Christians were big time END OF DAYS persons--------do not blame Jesus----he was
an innocent Pharisee kid--------IT WAS PAUL (damn greek freak)

No actually the Jews were and rightly so, the destruction of Herods temple in 70AD.

Revelations barely made it into the canon and is still rare quoted by many major christian groups. It is still disputed if it should have made the cut at all.

End times is just a new age like the change from Taurus to Aries to Pisces to Aquarius. We just flow from one to the other.

APPROVING REVELATION

it was popular

Yes, but it was preserved for the future Christians so that they would know and do as Jesus said, to spread the good news for all in the world.
It's up to each person to choose one way or the other.

APPROVING REVELATION

it was popular

Yes, but it was preserved for the future Christians so that they would know and do as Jesus said, to spread the good news for all in the world.

not Revelations does not

WHY THE BOOK OF REVELATION IS HERESY

APPROVING REVELATION

it was popular

not Revelations does not

You have that right to believe that, the same as Christians do.
The difference is one wants to silence the other.
That's a violation of 1st Amendment rights.

APPROVING REVELATION

it was popular

not Revelations does not

I grew with the eastern faith. Revelations never did seem to fit in the rest of the bible

It was that childhood idea of the boogie man will come and get you, not the love and forgiveness taught by jesus or the respect for laws and acceptance that we are flawed humans in the OT.

I think Revelations has been misused by too modern evangelicals as a call to war.

APPROVING REVELATION

it was popular

not Revelations does not

I grew with the eastern faith. Revelations never did seem to fit in the rest of the bible

It was that childhood idea of the boogie man will come and get you, not the love and forgiveness taught by jesus or the respect for laws and acceptance that we are flawed humans in the OT.

I think Revelations has been misused by too modern evangelicals as a call to war.

No most are misunderstanding.
The Torah or old testament works right along with Revelation.
The majority of Christians believe he is returning ,there is no panic and they continue to live their lives.
We are instructed to spread it.
It should not panic anyone if they don't believe.

He had a concubine. Actually two if you count hagar. Although some scholars have said they were the same person.
He married his sister
He was subordinate to his sister wife
Made an illegitimate child and kicked him out
Lied to his son that he was going to kill him
He was obviously mentally ill. With some incest and sins in there.
My point is, how did this crazy person become the patriarch of Judaism, Christianity and Islam?
Apparently, despite all of these moral flaws and repugnant behavior, he was still chosen by god for loyalty. This "moral" God was able to look past all of his sins because he was willing to kill his child? WTF
And people say atheists have no morals? Lol
I see that you think you are clever. What you are is confirming your bias. That's not clever. That's ignorant and lazy.

Before you can understand "who" God is, you have to believe that there is intelligence behind the rules which existed before space and time were created.

Which rules are you talking about ?

probably "natural laws"----the WAY STUFF ACTS----like Sir Isaac Newton's laws of thermodynamics.
Physical and moral.

He had a concubine. Actually two if you count hagar. Although some scholars have said they were the same person.
He married his sister
He was subordinate to his sister wife
Made an illegitimate child and kicked him out
Lied to his son that he was going to kill him
He was obviously mentally ill. With some incest and sins in there.
My point is, how did this crazy person become the patriarch of Judaism, Christianity and Islam?
Apparently, despite all of these moral flaws and repugnant behavior, he was still chosen by god for loyalty. This "moral" God was able to look past all of his sins because he was willing to kill his child? WTF
And people say atheists have no morals? Lol
I see that you think you are clever. What you are is confirming your bias. That's not clever. That's ignorant and lazy.

Before you can understand "who" God is, you have to believe that there is intelligence behind the rules which existed before space and time were created.
"who" god is, is COMPLETELY subjective.
You can see that in this thread; people picking and choosing what to believe. All the gospels that got trashed. SO MUCH more i could add that would add to that.
People keep saying i have a "bias" when the fucking book says what i wrote out. People either look at it for what it is or what they WANT it to be.
Nice "try" at logic though.
You mean like you are doing? No thanks.

Revelations , which is happening and in the order it was written.
what do you mean?

Gospel spread to the world.
Israel becoming a Nation again.
The world against Israel and Christianity.
All religions have spread to the world
ok
The world is against islam too. Weird how that works. Different religions being against the other..
I thought you were going to say something extraordinary lol
There is only one revealed religion. No other makes that claim.

Why didnt God speak to Native Americans? Or Asians? Or Europeans?
Why didnt he speak to cro-magnum? He could have had us far more advanced :dunno:

There is compelling evidence that he did for the native tribes in north america.
Their stories have many things that speak of the great creator. They got it by having his spirit in everything.
From all the evidence i have seen, the indians werent introduced to the christian god until the Europeans got on this continent and starting forcing the tribes to convert. You know, when they stole the children and forced them into indoctrinating schools..
Native Americans had their own version of spirits, afterlife etc. It has nothing to do with the christian god. Kinda narcissistic, dont you think?
There is only one creator. He doesn't care what you call him. You intentionally muddy the water of religion and God as much as you blame acts of men for acts of God. I don't see much difference between what you do and what those you criticize did. You just have a different dogma is all.

what do you mean?

ok
The world is against islam too. Weird how that works. Different religions being against the other..
Oh gosh lol. You better define that

Why didnt he speak to cro-magnum? He could have had us far more advanced :dunno:

There is compelling evidence that he did for the native tribes in north america.
Their stories have many things that speak of the great creator. They got it by having his spirit in everything.
From all the evidence i have seen, the indians werent introduced to the christian god until the Europeans got on this continent and starting forcing the tribes to convert. You know, when they stole the children and forced them into indoctrinating schools..
Native Americans had their own version of spirits, afterlife etc. It has nothing to do with the christian god. Kinda narcissistic, dont you think?
There is only one creator. He doesn't care what you call him. You intentionally muddy the water of religion and God as much as you blame acts of men for acts of God. I don't see much difference between what you do and what those you criticize did. You just have a different dogma is all.
Oh bullshit ding. You have faith. Faith can only remain stable through bias.

Maybe he didn't have a preference for an outcome.
Or maybe everyone else has their own religion and abrahamic religions were the ones for the middle east.

Last edited:
what do you mean?

ok
Why? It would just go ever your head.

Oh bullshit ding. You have faith. Faith can only remain stable through bias.
Actually faith means to have complete trust in something. I don't put complete trust in anything I don't have good reason to trust.

What good reason do you have to trust your beliefs? Negatives?

Last edited:
what do you mean?

ok
Why? It would just go ever your head.
Try me

Forum List

Back