Abraham? Really?

No I didn't ,the Bible says it.
You are the one not understanding.

The bible says what selective writers and editing says, for religious and political purposes.
............and erroneous translations

Each writing and publishing of the bible over time, changes the words and the meaning. It is the human factor.
The bible is recreated to suit the intended reader.

If you want more authenticity, try the aramaic/syriac version

Just listen to yourself what you just wrote.
Dismissing the Torah and New testament and telling me what is better to read.
By the way, I did read them, in the 90's.
You know what I found? Not a whole lot of differences between them, the basic meaning is the same in all of them.

I full understand the books on a scholarly level, I do not believe in it as fact only as faith based on facts.

Each religious text applies to the culture, people at the time of the writing.

Well their prophesies all pretty much agree with each other on end times. And a new era.
From Christian to Eastern ,all the way to native American ,Island tribes and even the aboriginals and African tribes.
I found it fascinating , that the Dogon tribe has known about Sirius B before the rest of the world knew. Also being dissected and torn apart by skeptics. :)

I do not believe that END-TIME announcement are world wide CONSPIRACIES-----more
like weird FASHION

Do you think the mayans would ever have thought their calendar would scare the world or be used by conspiracy theorists? It was an end of cycle not the end of the world. Like turning the page and continuing with the story or starting the next chapter.

religion plays on human fears of the unknown

I am not sure what you are getting at--------as for fear by virtue of religion ----
that was KEY TO THE MAYAN culture. BUT I DO NOT BELIEVE that the recent
MAYAN SCARE had anything to do with some big time ORGANIZED AGENDA
created by the forces of EVIL The recent Mayan scare was a matter of FASHION
FAD------I did not buy in------but then, I never used black nail polish either. The
mayans did have stories of COSMIC cataclysm ------but somehow cycles -----rolled
on

People took an old religion with a language scholars barely understand and use a calendar of their's to scare people in this age that the world was going to end. It didn't
Nor did the 2000 scare bring and end to computers or commerce.
Was not that long ago when star alignments and comets over the middle east were feared to be the end.
How many in the span of a hundred years will we have that don't come true. You might not even follow those of more obscure or Asian faiths.
People should stop shitting their pants and just live. When the end does come, if and when, we won't have any way to stop it, especially if it comes in the form of some giant asteroid. More likely we will be our own doom makers when water and food become scares due to over population. Just another extinction and then the birth of a new age of life.

The ancients had religion, we have horror stories we tell around camp fires and on halloween. Politicians have threats of global war and mutual nuclear annihilation. Greeks used mythic monsters and demi-god heroes. Some use dragons as either good or bad, depending on the part of the world.

a good scare, then a nice cup of hot chocolate and marshmallows for comfort before bed.

The early Christians were big time END OF DAYS persons--------do not blame Jesus----he was
an innocent Pharisee kid--------IT WAS PAUL (damn greek freak)

No actually the Jews were and rightly so, the destruction of Herods temple in 70AD.

wrong again. The destruction of the second Temple was a disaster, not an END. You
really should read the bible-------there is no "END"------ Interestingly the religions of Northern
Europe are very big on END

Why didnt God speak to Native Americans? Or Asians? Or Europeans?
Why didnt he speak to cro-magnum? He could have had us far more advanced :dunno:

The bible says what selective writers and editing says, for religious and political purposes.

Each writing and publishing of the bible over time, changes the words and the meaning. It is the human factor.

You know what I found? Not a whole lot of differences between them, the basic meaning is the same in all of them.

I full understand the books on a scholarly level, I do not believe in it as fact only as faith based on facts.

Well their prophesies all pretty much agree with each other on end times. And a new era.
From Christian to Eastern ,all the way to native American ,Island tribes and even the aboriginals and African tribes.
I found it fascinating , that the Dogon tribe has known about Sirius B before the rest of the world knew. Also being dissected and torn apart by skeptics. :)

Do you think the mayans would ever have thought their calendar would scare the world or be used by conspiracy theorists? It was an end of cycle not the end of the world. Like turning the page and continuing with the story or starting the next chapter.

religion plays on human fears of the unknown

I am not sure what you are getting at--------as for fear by virtue of religion ----
FAD------I did not buy in------but then, I never used black nail polish either. The
mayans did have stories of COSMIC cataclysm ------but somehow cycles -----rolled
on

People took an old religion with a language scholars barely understand and use a calendar of their's to scare people in this age that the world was going to end. It didn't
Was not that long ago when star alignments and comets over the middle east were feared to be the end.
How many in the span of a hundred years will we have that don't come true. You might not even follow those of more obscure or Asian faiths.
People should stop shitting their pants and just live. When the end does come, if and when, we won't have any way to stop it, especially if it comes in the form of some giant asteroid. More likely we will be our own doom makers when water and food become scares due to over population. Just another extinction and then the birth of a new age of life.

The ancients had religion, we have horror stories we tell around camp fires and on halloween. Politicians have threats of global war and mutual nuclear annihilation. Greeks used mythic monsters and demi-god heroes. Some use dragons as either good or bad, depending on the part of the world.

a good scare, then a nice cup of hot chocolate and marshmallows for comfort before bed.

The early Christians were big time END OF DAYS persons--------do not blame Jesus----he was

No actually the Jews were and rightly so, the destruction of Herods temple in 70AD.

wrong again. The destruction of the second Temple was a disaster, not an END. You
really should read the bible-------there is no "END"------ Interestingly the religions of Northern

End times for the Jews and their temple and Judea and their hold out on Masada , but you are right the jews never quit fighting. That is what Jesus was talking about, the coming of the son of man, Titus, and Vespasian was God (the emperor)

on

No Christian Jews, followers of Jesus were big on end time.

Which were all Jews according to the scriptures. Jews believed a lot of things, some even believed in reincarnation. Paul spoke of end times as well. He was a Roman Jew, probably Josephus. The shipwreck sound just too familiar. It happened in 70AD. What happened during the 400 silent years of the OT and NT.

I don't remember any "silent years"-----obviously you have never been to a jewish holiday celebration.
As to reincarnation-----yup ----there are some concepts of "SOUL" turnover------so? that does not
mean end-------that means CONTINUATION. Paul was of GREEK background----his parents were
GREEK CONVERTS to Judaism------not an uncommon condition at that time. Josephus was a
jew------in fact a COHEN ---ie an hereditary "priest"---------sheeesh, how do you stay so ill-informed?.
You claim to have read his book---------take another look

on

End times for the Jews and their temple and Judea and their hold out on Masada , but you are right the jews never quit fighting. That is what Jesus was talking about, the coming of the son of man, Titus, and Vespasian was God (the emperor)

gee----you are confused-----Jesus called TITUS "the son of man"? What does that mean?

gee----you are confused-----Jesus called TITUS "the son of man"? What does that mean?

Well who was he talking about. He did not say when I come.
Matthew 25:31-46
Matthew 24Matthew 26

Matthew 25:31-46New American Bible (Revised Edition) (NABRE)
31 When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit upon his glorious throne, 32 will be assembled before him. And he will separate them one from another, as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. 33 He will place the sheep on his right and the goats on his left. 34

Who is he?

Last edited:

on

oh ----now I understand-----you never got over the fact that there was NO END

Why didnt he speak to cro-magnum? He could have had us far more advanced :dunno:
According to Medrish, G-d offered the Torah to all the nations and only the Jews accepted it.

Also Bilaam, was a prophet. He was an evil prophet, but a non Jewish prophet nonetheless.

He -----was obviously talking about the prophecy of ISAIAH-----in the days after........
at which time the Temple will glorified once again-------it's a nice poem-----It includes
the line "nation shall not lift up sword against nation-----nor any longer learn the ways
of war Lo yisah goy el goy cherev v' lo yilmadu od milchamah (or something like that)---
you have to read it from left to right. There is no END TIME

According to Medrish, G-d offered the Torah to all the nations and only the Jews accepted it.

Also Bilaam, was a prophet. He was an evil prophet, but a non Jewish prophet nonetheless.

actually BILAAM ends up a good guy-------a gentile prophet good person------started out questionable---
he probably had a rough childhood

Matthew 24Matthew 26

31 When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit upon his glorious throne, 32 will be assembled before him. And he will separate them one from another, as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. 33 He will place the sheep on his right and the goats on his left. 34

Who is he?

Matthew? no one knows------he seems to be a nut. sheep and goats? Why would matthew
imagine himself COMING anywhere?

....and the endtimes have supposedly been coming ever few hundred years for millennia , yet we are still here.

then the groups try to recalculate and come up with another date. It is a scare tactic to drive people to faith and control them.

Israel was not a Nation, that is the key.
Dates should never be believed.
That's in the Bible too, but many really don't study it deep enough ,so they believe their leaders rather than the Bible.

Israel had kings, fought battles, made agreements with other nations and empires, conducted trade, had their own language and religion, their own culture and diet (no pork), built cities, had their own money and made legal judgement for crimes and wrong doings.

Babylonians tried to destroy them, Rome tried to destroy them, Hitler and Arab armies tried to destroy them and yet they still exist today.

Rome tried to destroy Christians yet they survived to become the state religion of Rome.

People, culture and memories don't die just become some bully pushes them off their homeland. When they return, they rebuild.

You think the Kurds or other groups are not ready and willing for their own states to be rebuilt? Or at lease autonomous states.

The Philistines, which were gone by the time of the romans, consided of five city states around gaza. There was no nation of Palestine, it was a regional name given by the romans to punish the jews.

A declaration 40 yrs after the fact by a terrorist group does not a nation make. If they want a nation, there have been several offers which they have rejected. They don't want to negotiate or compromise. Most factions still want nothing but the total destruction of Israel and jews.

Nor does mandate make a nation. French divided their mandate just like the british. Most nations we know today came from that period. Empires fell and nations were born. Still others that were nations became states withing communist "empires".

Acre, Jerusalem and Nablus were semi states or sanjuks. They were even kingdoms at times, but they were not palestine as a nation.

The world has been trying to give the palestinians, as e know them today, a state of their own, but it's been impossible when the differing sides won't even take to each other and try. They can't even get along with other palestinians. How is that a nation, or a strong foundation for one?

Matthew 24Matthew 26

Who is he?

Matthew? no one knows------he seems to be a nut. sheep and goats? Why would matthew

He is supposedly quoting what Jesus said.

....and the endtimes have supposedly been coming ever few hundred years for millennia , yet we are still here.

then the groups try to recalculate and come up with another date. It is a scare tactic to drive people to faith and control them.

That's in the Bible too, but many really don't study it deep enough ,so they believe their leaders rather than the Bible.

egyptian text, greek, roman, babylonian, assyrian, phoenician, etc. all have recorded history with Israel. It is not a figment of religious imagination. The memory is part of Judaism, Christianity and Islam as well.

Israel had kings, fought battles, made agreements with other nations and empires, conducted trade, had their own language and religion, their own culture and diet (no pork), built cities, had their own money and made legal judgement for crimes and wrong doings.

Babylonians tried to destroy them, Rome tried to destroy them, Hitler and Arab armies tried to destroy them and yet they still exist today.

Rome tried to destroy Christians yet they survived to become the state religion of Rome.

People, culture and memories don't die just become some bully pushes them off their homeland. When they return, they rebuild.

You think the Kurds or other groups are not ready and willing for their own states to be rebuilt? Or at lease autonomous states.

The Philistines, which were gone by the time of the romans, consided of five city states around gaza. There was no nation of Palestine, it was a regional name given by the romans to punish the jews.

A declaration 40 yrs after the fact by a terrorist group does not a nation make. If they want a nation, there have been several offers which they have rejected. They don't want to negotiate or compromise. Most factions still want nothing but the total destruction of Israel and jews.

Nor does mandate make a nation. French divided their mandate just like the british. Most nations we know today came from that period. Empires fell and nations were born. Still others that were nations became states withing communist "empires".

Acre, Jerusalem and Nablus were semi states or sanjuks. They were even kingdoms at times, but they were not palestine as a nation.

The world has been trying to give the palestinians, as e know them today, a state of their own, but it's been impossible when the differing sides won't even take to each other and try. They can't even get along with other palestinians. How is that a nation, or a strong foundation for one?

Only because Britain gave the a portion of Palestine. The Palestinians had all that too and still do, but due to the Jews (so called Jews) they are now a people without a country. The Jews of old willingly moved away and preferred to relocate. Most never returned from Babylon. Those Palestinians are the Jews who never left. That wasn't their land to begin with.

Matthew 24Matthew 26

Who is he?

He is supposedly quoting what Jesus said.

Matthew is of questionable authenticity--------if he wrote it ----maybe he was drunk

There is compelling evidence that he did for the native tribes in north america.
Their stories have many things that speak of the great creator. They got it by having his spirit in everything.

There is compelling evidence that he did for the native tribes in north america.
Their stories have many things that speak of the great creator. They got it by having his spirit in everything.

they danced nicely too.

on

No he was talking about his coming back after death, which he did.

Forum List

Back