Abraham? Really?

The bible says what selective writers and editing says, for religious and political purposes.
............and erroneous translations

Each writing and publishing of the bible over time, changes the words and the meaning. It is the human factor.
The bible is recreated to suit the intended reader.

If you want more authenticity, try the aramaic/syriac version

Just listen to yourself what you just wrote.
Dismissing the Torah and New testament and telling me what is better to read.
By the way, I did read them, in the 90's.
You know what I found? Not a whole lot of differences between them, the basic meaning is the same in all of them.

I full understand the books on a scholarly level, I do not believe in it as fact only as faith based on facts.

Each religious text applies to the culture, people at the time of the writing.

Well their prophesies all pretty much agree with each other on end times. And a new era.
From Christian to Eastern ,all the way to native American ,Island tribes and even the aboriginals and African tribes.
I found it fascinating , that the Dogon tribe has known about Sirius B before the rest of the world knew. Also being dissected and torn apart by skeptics. :)

Do you think the mayans would ever have thought their calendar would scare the world or be used by conspiracy theorists? It was an end of cycle not the end of the world. Like turning the page and continuing with the story or starting the next chapter.

religion plays on human fears of the unknown

I am not sure what you are getting at--------as for fear by virtue of religion ----
that was KEY TO THE MAYAN culture. BUT I DO NOT BELIEVE that the recent
MAYAN SCARE had anything to do with some big time ORGANIZED AGENDA
created by the forces of EVIL The recent Mayan scare was a matter of FASHION
FAD------I did not buy in------but then, I never used black nail polish either. The
mayans did have stories of COSMIC cataclysm ------but somehow cycles -----rolled
on

People took an old religion with a language scholars barely understand and use a calendar of their's to scare people in this age that the world was going to end. It didn't
Nor did the 2000 scare bring and end to computers or commerce.
Was not that long ago when star alignments and comets over the middle east were feared to be the end.
How many in the span of a hundred years will we have that don't come true. You might not even follow those of more obscure or Asian faiths.
People should stop shitting their pants and just live. When the end does come, if and when, we won't have any way to stop it, especially if it comes in the form of some giant asteroid. More likely we will be our own doom makers when water and food become scares due to over population. Just another extinction and then the birth of a new age of life.

The ancients had religion, we have horror stories we tell around camp fires and on halloween. Politicians have threats of global war and mutual nuclear annihilation. Greeks used mythic monsters and demi-god heroes. Some use dragons as either good or bad, depending on the part of the world.

a good scare, then a nice cup of hot chocolate and marshmallows for comfort before bed.

The early Christians were big time END OF DAYS persons--------do not blame Jesus----he was
an innocent Pharisee kid--------IT WAS PAUL (damn greek freak)

No actually the Jews were and rightly so, the destruction of Herods temple in 70AD.

No Christian Jews, followers of Jesus were big on end time.

Revelations barely made it into the canon and is still rare quoted by many major christian groups. It is still disputed if it should have made the cut at all.

End times is just a new age like the change from Taurus to Aries to Pisces to Aquarius. We just flow from one to the other.

Why didnt God speak to Native Americans? Or Asians? Or Europeans?
Why didnt he speak to cro-magnum? He could have had us far more advanced :dunno:

There is compelling evidence that he did for the native tribes in north america.
Their stories have many things that speak of the great creator. They got it by having his spirit in everything.

they danced nicely too.

Yes :) and so do the Jewish people. I like many of them.
Hate the polka though ,from my blood heritage.

....and the endtimes have supposedly been coming ever few hundred years for millennia , yet we are still here.

then the groups try to recalculate and come up with another date. It is a scare tactic to drive people to faith and control them.

I do not believe that END-TIME announcement are world wide CONSPIRACIES-----more
like weird FASHION

Do you think the mayans would ever have thought their calendar would scare the world or be used by conspiracy theorists? It was an end of cycle not the end of the world. Like turning the page and continuing with the story or starting the next chapter.

I am not sure what you are getting at--------as for fear by virtue of religion ----
FAD------I did not buy in------but then, I never used black nail polish either. The
mayans did have stories of COSMIC cataclysm ------but somehow cycles -----rolled
on

People took an old religion with a language scholars barely understand and use a calendar of their's to scare people in this age that the world was going to end. It didn't
Was not that long ago when star alignments and comets over the middle east were feared to be the end.
How many in the span of a hundred years will we have that don't come true. You might not even follow those of more obscure or Asian faiths.
People should stop shitting their pants and just live. When the end does come, if and when, we won't have any way to stop it, especially if it comes in the form of some giant asteroid. More likely we will be our own doom makers when water and food become scares due to over population. Just another extinction and then the birth of a new age of life.

The ancients had religion, we have horror stories we tell around camp fires and on halloween. Politicians have threats of global war and mutual nuclear annihilation. Greeks used mythic monsters and demi-god heroes. Some use dragons as either good or bad, depending on the part of the world.

a good scare, then a nice cup of hot chocolate and marshmallows for comfort before bed.

The early Christians were big time END OF DAYS persons--------do not blame Jesus----he was

Poor Paul, so many want to edit him out completely. lol

You know what I found? Not a whole lot of differences between them, the basic meaning is the same in all of them.

I full understand the books on a scholarly level, I do not believe in it as fact only as faith based on facts.

Well their prophesies all pretty much agree with each other on end times. And a new era.
From Christian to Eastern ,all the way to native American ,Island tribes and even the aboriginals and African tribes.
I found it fascinating , that the Dogon tribe has known about Sirius B before the rest of the world knew. Also being dissected and torn apart by skeptics. :)

on

No actually the Jews were and rightly so, the destruction of Herods temple in 70AD.

Revelations barely made it into the canon and is still rare quoted by many major christian groups. It is still disputed if it should have made the cut at all.

End times is just a new age like the change from Taurus to Aries to Pisces to Aquarius. We just flow from one to the other.

Why do you think it did make it?

No I didn't ,the Bible says it.
You are the one not understanding.

The bible says what selective writers and editing says, for religious and political purposes.

Each writing and publishing of the bible over time, changes the words and the meaning. It is the human factor.

....and the endtimes have supposedly been coming ever few hundred years for millennia , yet we are still here.

then the groups try to recalculate and come up with another date. It is a scare tactic to drive people to faith and control them.

No one believes the people who calculate dates ect...those are the weirdos.

Has any of the Christians or anyone else here on the board ,read The keys of Revelation by Frank Shallieu?
It's very interesting.

Why didnt he speak to cro-magnum? He could have had us far more advanced :dunno:

There is compelling evidence that he did for the native tribes in north america.
Their stories have many things that speak of the great creator. They got it by having his spirit in everything.

they danced nicely too.

how can you HATE THE POLKA-----my kind of dance---even a clod like me
can do it------and it RELIEVES depression and anxiety

From all the evidence i have seen, the indians werent introduced to the christian god until the Europeans got on this continent and starting forcing the tribes to convert. You know, when they stole the children and forced them into indoctrinating schools..
Native Americans had their own version of spirits, afterlife etc. It has nothing to do with the christian god. Kinda narcissistic, dont you think?

on

In their own way, their gods did
Yes, THEIR gods. Why not THE GOD? What about cro-magnum? Or did god have to wait untill our species developed imaginations?

You STILL have a sense that the whole world WAITED JUST FOR YOU?------get over it---
you are no longer three years old

From all the evidence i have seen, the indians werent introduced to the christian god until the Europeans got on this continent and starting forcing the tribes to convert. You know, when they stole the children and forced them into indoctrinating schools..
Native Americans had their own version of spirits, afterlife etc. It has nothing to do with the christian god. Kinda narcissistic, dont you think?

eat your mushrooms and ADAPT

eat your mushrooms and ADAPT
Mind altering substances is about the only thing that could help me wrap my head around it

In their own way, their gods did[/QUOTE]
Yes, THEIR gods. Why not THE GOD? What about cro-magnum? Or did god have to wait untill our species developed imaginations?[/QUOTE]

earliest were nature and goddess reverence.

they danced nicely too.

they danced nicely too.

So the Polka is Jewish, we do it at every wedding reception.

they danced nicely too.

they danced nicely too.

oh gee-------now that you KNOW......

they danced nicely too.

they danced nicely too.

It's also German of which I was referring to.

they danced nicely too.

they danced nicely too.

I'll continue to Polka.

they danced nicely too.

they danced nicely too.

I'll continue to Polka.

try not to stomp on the floor too HARD------the people downstairs will call the cops

Why do you think it did make it?

Book of Revelation - Wikipedia

some attributed it to
Cerinthus - Wikipedia

Forum List

Back