Abraham? Really?

Nobody can relate to a Moshiach that is picture perfect.
Only a neshamah that understands the downtrodden can reach out to everyone.

nothing is perfect
Jesus, Jesus's dad.
Christians can't deal with an imperfect savior.

which dad of Jesus? ------as far as I recall-----joseph is
like a family deserter
Shame on you for not reading your NT on a regular basis.
Joseph was "blameless".

ok------but THAT's IT? a sad lack of character developement
So why does the NT go out of it's way to say this about every major character?

He had a concubine. Actually two if you count hagar. Although some scholars have said they were the same person.
He married his sister
He was subordinate to his sister wife
Made an illegitimate child and kicked him out
Lied to his son that he was going to kill him
He was obviously mentally ill. With some incest and sins in there.
My point is, how did this crazy person become the patriarch of Judaism, Christianity and Islam?
Apparently, despite all of these moral flaws and repugnant behavior, he was still chosen by god for loyalty. This "moral" God was able to look past all of his sins because he was willing to kill his child? WTF
And people say atheists have no morals? Lol
Actually it was his half sister. He was allowed to have a concubine in those days. In fact his wife Sarah suggested it so the can have a baby. G-D told him to kill his son as a test.

Aside from this I'm sure he did make mistakes. All humans make mistakes.

How was he subordinate to his sister's wife?
No lol. I meant his wife that was his sister. She told him to get rid of her and his illigitimate son and thats what he did.
Half sister. He asked G-D what to do and G-D told him in this case to let Sarah handle it.

The problem with Hager, is because she had Abraham's baby she got really arrogant and disrespectful to Sarah.

No Sara suffered from jealousy and wanted Isaac to inherit. The jewish women are sneaky, remember the Jacob story how his mother helped him steal the birthright from Esau.
Verses?
Sarah was jealous...verse?
steal the birthright...didn't Jacob buy it from Eisav.
Feel stupid yet?

Here is a question for you guys :
If Abraham had so many sins, why would God forgive him and not Sodom? Just because of his loyalty?
Hek, didnt he send Abraham to judge Sodom for him? Something about "find 10 good people"
Maybe that was someone else?

Two angels were sent and stayed at Lots. The men said to Lot, send the men out so we may have our way with them,

but poor Lot said no, you can have my daughters instead and the angels blinded the men of the town when they tried to enter the house.

Lot left with his 2 daughters and wife but the wife looked back and turned into a pillar of salt.

The two daughters got their Dad drunk and had sex with him and got pg. This was Abrahams nephew.

God then sent fire down on S/G and all were destroyed. (Nice story hey)

as stories go-----it is an interesting bit of literature------did you pass high school literature
class, Penny dear? When I was a kid in Junior High School and HIgh School----
ENGLISH CLASS was actually-----for people like me, LITERATURE AND COMPOSITION
class--------we already knew how to do basic reading and writing. It was the time of
the COLD WAR------there were different classes for different kinds of minds in my somewhat
progressive public school. After you learn how to read and write, penny dear---THEN you
get into LITERATURE and learn how to appreciate it. Maybe someday you will graduate
into basic geometry. THERE IS ALWAYS HOPE
? شفاعة شَفاعة

with keturah?
Keturah was Hagar and neither name was their actual name, they were descriptions of her character during her younger and older years.
She was the daughter of pharoah.
Hagar means "the stranger" because she was out of her element living with Avraham and Sarah; that's also why Yishmael was a bit of a wild person.
Keturah was when she became older and wiser and was like sweet smelling incense.

Now what exactly makes her a whore?

Two separate people from two different times. Abraham married Keturah after Hagar was already dead. Did you forget, or did you never read, Jubilees?
Midrash, Rashi...same person.
Where's your source that Hagar died?

>>Did you forget, or did you never read, Jubilees?<<
As an Observant Jew I haven't a clue as to what Jubilees is.

its supposed to be something like a book---??? ---extra stuff like midrash??
YUVAL ???

nothing is perfect
Jesus, Jesus's dad.

like a family deserter
Joseph was "blameless".

?? it's a lot easier than developing the character--------maybe its the MODERN
APPROACH. The OT was good with character development------even the
BHAGAVAD GITA did it--------and the Odyssey and the THEBAN PLAYS. ----
---the NT did not get very far but JUDAS got a little developed in the PLAY---
-(jesus-Christ-super star) The Koran comes about some 400 (?) years later----
no character development at all--------it's like MANKIND lost the touch
No character development

He had a concubine. Actually two if you count hagar. Although some scholars have said they were the same person.
He married his sister
My point is, how did this crazy person become the patriarch of Judaism, Christianity and Islam?
Apparently, despite all of these moral flaws and repugnant behavior, he was still chosen by god for loyalty. This "moral" God was able to look past all of his sins because he was willing to kill his child? WTF
Actually it was his half sister. He was allowed to have a concubine in those days. In fact his wife Sarah suggested it so the can have a baby. G-D told him to kill his son as a test.

No lol. I meant his wife that was his sister. She told him to get rid of her and his illigitimate son and thats what he did.
Half sister. He asked G-D what to do and G-D told him in this case to let Sarah handle it.

The problem with Hager, is because she had Abraham's baby she got really arrogant and disrespectful to Sarah.

No Sara suffered from jealousy and wanted Isaac to inherit. The jewish women are sneaky, remember the Jacob story how his mother helped him steal the birthright from Esau.
Verses?
Feel stupid yet?

did Jacob really OWN THOSE BEANS?

Two angels were sent and stayed at Lots. The men said to Lot, send the men out so we may have our way with them,

but poor Lot said no, you can have my daughters instead and the angels blinded the men of the town when they tried to enter the house.

Lot left with his 2 daughters and wife but the wife looked back and turned into a pillar of salt.

The two daughters got their Dad drunk and had sex with him and got pg. This was Abrahams nephew.

God then sent fire down on S/G and all were destroyed. (Nice story hey)

as stories go-----it is an interesting bit of literature------did you pass high school literature
class--------we already knew how to do basic reading and writing. It was the time of
the COLD WAR------there were different classes for different kinds of minds in my somewhat
progressive public school. After you learn how to read and write, penny dear---THEN you
get into LITERATURE and learn how to appreciate it. Maybe someday you will graduate
You are actually conversing with Feh-Nah-Low-Pee?

I am doing the best I can. Torah midaber b'lashon Ha------whatever-it-is

nothing is perfect

THE CELESTIAL ROSE

I presume you are talking about the violent collision and not the shrub flower

Jesus, Jesus's dad.

like a family deserter
Joseph was "blameless".

?? it's a lot easier than developing the character--------maybe its the MODERN
APPROACH. The OT was good with character development------even the
BHAGAVAD GITA did it--------and the Odyssey and the THEBAN PLAYS. ----
---the NT did not get very far but JUDAS got a little developed in the PLAY---
-(jesus-Christ-super star) The Koran comes about some 400 (?) years later----
no character development at all--------it's like MANKIND lost the touch
No character development
No one wants a deity that demands individual responsibility.

Verses?
Feel stupid yet?

He married his sister

Verses?
Feel stupid yet?

What was the thing about the suit with hair, if only Isaac knew but he was blind. Laban , sister of Rebecca was just as dishonest. (also not fair to make a deal of food when one is hungry and you have the food, can you say bribe)

Verses?
Feel stupid yet?

Verses?
Feel stupid yet?

What was the thing about the suit with hair, if only Isaac knew but he was blind. Laban , sister of Rebecca was just as dishonest. (also not fair to make a deal of food when one is hungry and you have the food, can you say bribe)
The day you actually study a chapter from the beginning will be...
Ah, who am I kidding; you're too much of a Jew hater to do that.

You are actually conversing with Feh-Nah-Low-Pee?

nothing is perfect

THE CELESTIAL ROSE

I presume you are talking about the violent collision and not the shrub flower

I have my information from the man who SAW it--------dante. It is PERFECT AND ALL DONE

Verses?
Feel stupid yet?

Verses?
Feel stupid yet?

remember the term "golden books" from childhood? "little golden books"-------with the
goldenbook stories------like "sleeping beauty"------and 'Cinderella"--------there actually is---
historically a "golden book" of bible stories. Our dear penny has her reading level
Penny dear----LABAN was the father or RACHEL. As far as I know------his relationship
to REBECCA is not noted ----even in the "golden books" of bible stories----pro

Verses?
Feel stupid yet?

Verses?
Feel stupid yet?

remember the term "golden books" from childhood? "little golden books"-------with the
goldenbook stories------like "sleeping beauty"------and 'Cinderella"--------there actually is---
historically a "golden book" of bible stories. Our dear penny has her reading level
Penny dear----LABAN was the father or RACHEL. As far as I know------his relationship
Laven and Rivka are siblings. It's explicit in the Torah during Eliezer's visit to Lavan's house to find a wife for Yitzchak.

nothing is perfect
Jesus, Jesus's dad.

There have always been imperfection or things would have never changed. We strive to change an improve everything.
You're missing my point...
Christians can't deal with imperfection in saviors.

Which side are you arguing for, Talmud or NT?

I never though of or expected Jesus to be perfect, nor god for that matter.

not rational enough

nothing is perfect
Jesus, Jesus's dad.

There have always been imperfection or things would have never changed. We strive to change an improve everything.

not rational enough
I am a Modern Orthodox Jew and don't subscribe to needing a perfect human being to be my savior.
In fact, I have to strive to be my own savior.

Verses?
Feel stupid yet?

Verses?
Feel stupid yet?

Laven and Rivka are siblings. It's explicit in the Torah during Eliezer's visit to Lavan's house to find a wife for Yitzchak.

yes----and LABAN is the father of Rachel and Leah---------and member of the extended family---
which is why-------ELIEZER got told to go there to get a wife-------a keep it in the tribe thing------
but I lost the name of the father of Rebecca------Isn't he the guy who negotiated at the outset
with Eliezer?

nothing is perfect
Jesus, Jesus's dad.

not rational enough

ONLY MUHUMMAD IS PERFECT-------and entirely EMULATABLE

Verses?
Feel stupid yet?

yes----and LABAN is the father of Rachel and Leah---------and member of the extended family---
which is why-------ELIEZER got told to go there to get a wife-------a keep it in the tribe thing------
but I lost the name of the father of Rebecca------Isn't he the guy who negotiated at the outset
with Eliezer?
B'Soo'Al

with Eliezer?

B'Soo'Al

address not withstanding

with Eliezer?

B'Soo'Al

address not withstanding

B'Soo'Al was the Town mayor who got to have sex with all the newly engaged girls.
Now the townsfolk told B'Soo'Al they would kill him if he didn't have sex with Rikva.
B'Soo'Al died during that night and that's why Lavan took over negotiations.

Verses?
Feel stupid yet?

with Eliezer?

His name was Bethel, the father of Rebecca

Forum List

Back