Absence of George W. Bush @ Obama Inauguration Sadly Noted

hiding behind an ill parent? how cheesy

He's not hiding.

President George W. Bush has been pretty gracious after he left office.

And I think he was pretty much a failure during his time at bat.

W. is hiding from the tradition at Inaugural ceremonies. It's disrespectful at least, at most it is disgusting and nasty.

btw,, they have all been gracious after leaving office -- tradition. get it yet?

YOU are disgusting and nasty....Bush has been quiet through all of Obama's presidency, he's never said ONE negative thing about Obama, and all Obama has done is blame Bush for EVERYTHING. Shows who has class! His father is ill, he should not be blamed for wanted to stay close to home....you're an idiot.

Did Hitler attend the inauguration? He should have. Was Arafat available? Another "must attendee"

the inauguration was for the left only .i wouldn't be surprised if the Bush family were not invited.
The last thing they'd have needed (there), was Daddy Bush's drunken, frat-boy, idiot-son....pukin' all-over-the-place.

2_beijing_olympics_swimming_olysw101.jpg

Yea, cocaine is much better

I have Shaman on ignore.....would you tell him that i'd like to see a LINK that proves this picture is because he was drunk?? Looks to me like he's just getting some help on the bleachers..... :) I would think if he was drunk that Barbara would have looked pissed! Lol!

Book: Bush was arrested for cocaine in 1972 - Salon.com

A new book by Texas author J.H. Hatfield claims that George W. Bush was arrested for cocaine possession in 1972, but had his record expunged with help from his family’s political connections. In an afterword to his book “Fortunate Son: George W. Bush and the Making of an American President” (St. Martin’s), Hatfield says he took a second look at the Bush cocaine allegations after a story in Salon reporting allegations that Bush did community service for the crime at the Martin Luther King Jr. Community Center in Houston’s Third Ward.
<more>

{Hatfield quotes a former Yale classmate who told him: “George W. was arrested for possession of cocaine in 1972, but due to his father’s connections, the entire record was expunged by a state judge whom the older Bush helped get elected. It was one of those ‘behind closed doors in the judges’ chambers’ kind of thing between the old man and one of his Texas cronies who owed him a favor … There’s only a handful of us that know the truth.”}

So, there is zero evidence and just the claims of a blowhard leftist, but since it attacks an enemy of the party you believe it without question.

Good little goosestepper that you are.

{"I had learned not to care. I blew a few smoke rings, remembering those years. Pot had helped, and booze; maybe a little blow when you could afford it. Not smack, though—Mickey, my potentional intiator had been just a little too eager for me to go through with that. Said he could do it blindfolded, but he was shaking like a faulty engine when he said it. Maybe he was just cold; we were standing in a meat freezer in the back of the deli where he worked, and it couldn't have been more than twenty degrees in there. But he didn't look like he was sweating, his face shiny and tight. He had pulled out the needle and the tubing, } - From Dreams of my Father, by Bill Ayers - um, er, Barack Obama....

The older Bush's are definitely a cut above their son who was invited but not very welcome in DC. He did enough damage and it will be several presidents into the future to fix the mess he left. I didn't miss him and I'd bet neither did anyone else.

BUT ...

Ex-presidents Bush skip Obama inauguration

Both ex-presidents named Bush were not in Washington for President Obama's inauguration.

It's the first time since 1997 that George H.W. Bush missed inaugural festivities, according to his spokesman, Jim McGrath. George W. Bush, Obama's immediate predecessor in the White House, also did not attend the swearing-in ceremony at the U.S. Capitol.

"Barbara and I send President and Mrs. Obama -- and their wonderful girls -- our best wishes and prayers on this historic day. May Almighty God bless them and our wonderful country over the next four years," Bush 41 said in a statement.

Barbara Bush On Obama's Reelection: 'People Spoke. Move On, Get On With It'

"I'm tired now of the elections," Bush, who had endorsed Republican Mitt Romney, said at a forum on America's first ladies. "People spoke. Move on, get on with it. I want to do other things and not to be ugly."..."They are going to have to compromise," said Barbara Bush, the wife of former President George H.W. Bush. "It's not a dirty word."

Barbara Bush Jabs Sarah Palin: 'I Hope She Stays' In Alaska (VIDEO)

Barbara Bush on Palin:
'I Hope She Stays' In Alaska

It's not about the personalities or politics involved.

It's about America! Tradition and Ceremony. Disrespecting tradition and American democracy...

The right wing has lost any self-respect they ever had, if they ever had any to begin with

F you.....Bush had no reason to go there and listen to a man that has done nothing but blame him for everything that's gone wrong! He has his father in grave condition and he most likely wants to be with his family, like most people would want to do! Hell, i bet he wasn't even invited! You just can't put your "politics" aside can you? I bet even Obama doesn't blame him for not being there! But you will...

Who gives a shit if the Shrub didn't attend today's inauguration?

Check out all this wonderful Con butthurt over it.

:D

:lol::D:badgrin::clap2::razz::badgrin::lol::eusa_clap:

Thanks. Great reading and they deserve every bit of it. Seriously, they got exactly what they asked for, what they SAID they wanted.

And, it translated to 47% of the vote.

Now they're trying to figure out how to lie to the American people next time so we don't see that they're still working for Big Money and Screw The Rest Of Us.

The US voter is not THAT dumb. They didn't fall for it this time and they won't fall for it next time.

That's right, Bush, Jr. was a cocaine user as well as a drunk.

That's what you commies say - no evidence of course.

Oh, but you're little tin god bragged about using cocaine. That different though, right?
Book: Bush was arrested for cocaine in 1972 - Salon.com

A new book by Texas author J.H. Hatfield claims that George W. Bush was arrested for cocaine possession in 1972, but had his record expunged with help from his family’s political connections. In an afterword to his book “Fortunate Son: George W. Bush and the Making of an American President” (St. Martin’s), Hatfield says he took a second look at the Bush cocaine allegations after a story in Salon reporting allegations that Bush did community service for the crime at the Martin Luther King Jr. Community Center in Houston’s Third Ward.
<more>

Do you have a picture of Bush smoking pot like we do with Obama? Unless you have that proof, it's not necessarily true. We have the proof with Obama. So are you going to bash Bush for it when you're own man has done it (and maybe still is?)

Absence of George W. Bush @ Obama Inauguration Sadly Noted

a spokesman for President George H. W. Bush tweeted that the 41st president, recently released from a lengthy hospitalization, would also miss the event.

Former Presidents Clinton and Carter are attending.

There is precedent for former presidents skipping presidential inaugurations. Republican President Gerald Ford, for example, did not attend the second inauguration of President George W. Bush in 2005. He was 91 at the time.

The 43rd president—who has largely remained out of the spotlight since his second term ended—may want to remain close to home as his father recuperates.

An informal survey of our Twitter followers provoked a range of responses to his absence—everything from “good riddance” and speculation that he would have attended a Mitt Romney inauguration to, “who cares.”

Given the deeply entrenched partisanship that has defined much of President Obama’s first term, the attendance of a Republican president—especially one as polarizing as President George W. Bush—may have sent just the type of constructive message that city so badly needs.
President George W. Bush sends his inauguration regrets ? MSNBC

The elder Bush, who is 88 years old, was released from a Houston hospital last week after battling several illnesses for nearly two months. McGrath said in an e-mail that the 41st president is "getting better every day." The elder Bush had complications related to bronchitis, a stubborn fever and an infection, and his hospital stay included some time in intensive care.

Republican Mitt Romney, who lost the 2012 election to Obama, is not expected at Obama's inauguration.

CBS News reports this is the first time since 1989 when the losing presidential candidate won't be in attendance. Romney, a former Massachusetts governor, is no longer an elected official and does not have a formal role in Monday's events.
Ex-presidents Bush skip Obama inauguration

:confused:

Why the confusion? If you were blamed and demonized for everything including the crucifixion would you care to meet with that person or attend his party? Oh, I forgot Democrats are hypocrites so they expect everyone to be the same.

Bush had no reason to go there and listen to a man that has done nothing but blame him for everything that's gone wrong!

Poor George Bush. He gets blamed for everything he did.

This used to be a day most normal Americans could and did put politics aside. Maybe it still is...what does that say about most of you all here?

That we don't believe in the bullshit your president spews, or his followers? Maybe you should have some compassion for a president that is ill and his family wants to be with him???

Ex presidents should stay out of the public eye.

It was bad enough we had to listen to their shit when they were in office and they should have the good graces not to burden our ears with more after they're put out to pasture.

Exactly what Bush has done....not ONE word from him about the current administration, and i'm sure he would have lots to say! But he IS a gentleman, unlike what we have in office now.

Ex presidents should stay out of the public eye.

It was bad enough we had to listen to their shit when they were in office and they should have the good graces not to burden our ears with more after they're put out to pasture.

Exactly what Bush has done....not ONE word from him about the current administration, and i'm sure he would have lots to say! But he IS a gentleman, unlike what we have in office now.

I'm sure his skulking in and out of town under the cover of darkness to be HONORED by President Obama has nothing at all to do with the eggs that were thrown at him at his second inauguration. You remember that one, don't you? Its not the one he and his family STOLE.

Bush is anything BUT a gentleman.

Forum List

Back