Absence of George W. Bush @ Obama Inauguration Sadly Noted

At the last inauguration the demoncrats and their supporters acted like crazy assed assholes and booed and hissed at the entire Bush family including the first President and Mrs. Bush. The demon craps deserve the snub their getting.

Bush family Bussiness ..Fucking America Over...Gee... Bring on Jeb to finish the job!
Please in 2016.

the inauguration was for the left only .i wouldn't be surprised if the Bush family were not invited.
The last thing they'd have needed (there), was Daddy Bush's drunken, frat-boy, idiot-son....pukin' all-over-the-place.

2_beijing_olympics_swimming_olysw101.jpg

6 more years and he will be on the run. Living without secret service will be scary...

Maybe after being bashed for so long by Obama, he didn't the energy to go and fake it. After everything Obama has said about him, it would be hypocitical for both to get together and pretend things are okay.

As for bashing Bush for not attending the RNC, a great many Dems chose not to attend their convention. Just because the media knew that was odd, considering many were running for re-election, and they chose not to make a big deal out of it doesn't mean it isn't newsworthy. I think a lot of them wanted to distance themselves from the radical communists and Marxists who dominated the event.

I'm glad Bush didn't go to the inauguration because it would have made him look like a fool. I doubt any liberals really missed him, but are sure glad to find some minor thing to bitch about.

The OP title should read, "Absence of George W. Bush @ Obama Inauguration Gleefully Noted"

Last edited:
While Bush's father is ailing, Oprah's excuse for not attending was a "scheduling conflict. Why aren't Dante's panties in a bunch about the 'O' missing the party? And one of obama's staunchest supporters, George Clooney, he was a no-show as well. C'mon, where's the outrage?

"http://news.yahoo.com/guide-inaugurations-no-shows-194639217.html

Why don't some of you just admit what Bush not attending is really about and it's not about Bush not showing class or respect by not attending you simply want to bitch about the man you just can't help yourself and you have no idea how to stop. You did for the eight year's he was in office and continued the four year's he has been out of office that is twelve year's you have bitched basically non stop about him that is beyond pathetic.

Must be a tough habit to break.

nonstop??

it's one damn thread.

lol.. michelle's hair got two.

and there's at least one or two whining that the president didn't go on fauxnews.

but feel free to acknowledge the classlessness of bush and romney not going to the inauguration. bush's dad would have gone if he were healthy.

but then again, daddy bush, for all i disagreed with him about, is twice the man his son is. and i'm being generous to junior vis a vis that ratio.
How is Bush not going showing "classlesness"?

Did you ever stop to think that Bush Sr. may not be doing as well as reported?

Do you not remember Bush saying he would stay out of the spotlight, out of respect to Obama's Presidency?

Besides, we all know you Obamabots would have been cackling like caged hens had Bush showed up...No doubt accusing him of trying to show Obama up, or some other hyper-sensitive Obamabot BS would have been spewed.

And, what obligation did Romney have to show up?......He's a private citizen, and has never been President, so, where's the obligation?

Why don't some of you just admit what Bush not attending is really about and it's not about Bush not showing class or respect by not attending you simply want to bitch about the man you just can't help yourself and you have no idea how to stop. You did for the eight year's he was in office and continued the four year's he has been out of office that is twelve year's you have bitched basically non stop about him that is beyond pathetic.

Must be a tough habit to break.

nonstop??

it's one damn thread.

lol.. michelle's hair got two.

and there's at least one or two whining that the president didn't go on fauxnews.

but feel free to acknowledge the classlessness of bush and romney not going to the inauguration. bush's dad would have gone if he were healthy.

but then again, daddy bush, for all i disagreed with him about, is twice the man his son is. and i'm being generous to junior vis a vis that ratio.

Actually there has been at least two threads on Bush not attending this and since you felt the need to label Romney classless for not attending feel free to label Dukakis the same for not attending the inauguration of H.W. Bush Carter skipped Clinton’s second inauguration, in 1997 Republican President Gerald Ford did not attend George W. Bush’s second inauguration, in 2005. So how about you and all the other hypocrite lefties stop acting like this is something new and unprecedented that has never happened in the history of Presidential inaugurations.

Last edited:
Here is a speech given by then Senator Obama as a floor speaker on 3/20/06 on his critique of George Bush as President.

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America's debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the US government can't pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our governments reckless fiscal policies. Increasing Americas debt weakens us domestically and internationally. Leadership means that "the buch stops here." Instead, Washington is shifting the burden of bad choices today onto the backs of our children and grandchildren. America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership. America deserves better."

If I were "W", I would not show up either. After all, why celebrate a President who has condemned himself as being a failed leader and someone who continues to weaken the nation domestically and internationally and who heaps burderns upon future generations? Oh yea, and a pure demagogue to boot.

Although I can't say I care for George as a president, at this particular moment I'm proud of him. Well done George. :clap2:

Last edited:
Willow. Do you think maybe a Valium or two would help you?

No one was going to act out at an inaugural. It's not like the teatards and birfer loons went

Did you miss the events of obummer's first inaugural or are you simply lying. Which? btw the behavior was so damn low class that even MSNBC said it was uncalled for. There's a clue for ya.

Did you misspell the bolded word? I'm thinking maybe....

No, I really meant which one of these options. :D

Ex presidents should stay out of the public eye.

It was bad enough we had to listen to their shit when they were in office and they should have the good graces not to burden our ears with more after they're put out to pasture.

Exactly what Bush has done....not ONE word from him about the current administration, and i'm sure he would have lots to say! But he IS a gentleman, unlike what we have in office now.

As he's got the keys to the Bush crime's vault paperwork now.

LOL! Now that would be an appropriate theme for obama's second inniggeration

It appears stormfront is missing one of their village idiots....

Bush would have stunk up the mall, I am glad he didn't attend.

Last edited:
At the last inauguration the demoncrats and their supporters acted like crazy assed assholes and booed and hissed at the entire Bush family including the first President and Mrs. Bush. The demon craps deserve the snub their getting.

Bush family Bussiness ..Fucking America Over...Gee... Bring on Jeb to finish the job!
Please in 2016.

you got scabs on your butthurt, brillcreme it.

No class. Used to be this day was a day Americans got together to celebrate tradition and democracy and liberty and freedom

now right wingers spit in the eye of all that is good and precious about America

It's a sad awakening you've all had in this thread

Please in 2016.

you got scabs on your butthurt, brillcreme it.

So I can confirm you were a Romney will win till the end, got blindsided..check. Fact hurt

No class. Used to be this day was a day Americans got together to celebrate tradition and democracy and liberty and freedom

now right wingers spit in the eye of all that is good and precious about America

It's a sad awakening you've all had in this thread

So now you expect us to get together to celebrate communism and Marxism as it is inflicted on us?

The fact that Obama is a disappointment does nothing to reduce the disaster that 'W' was.

By the way, thanks for the 'neg', Willow it is an honor and a comfort to know that we do not think the same. It is also amusing to see a small mind react to the slightest heterodoxy in such a frivolous fashion.

Continue...

Absence of George W. Bush @ Obama Inauguration Sadly Noted

a spokesman for President George H. W. Bush tweeted that the 41st president, recently released from a lengthy hospitalization, would also miss the event.

Former Presidents Clinton and Carter are attending.

There is precedent for former presidents skipping presidential inaugurations. Republican President Gerald Ford, for example, did not attend the second inauguration of President George W. Bush in 2005. He was 91 at the time.

The 43rd president—who has largely remained out of the spotlight since his second term ended—may want to remain close to home as his father recuperates.

An informal survey of our Twitter followers provoked a range of responses to his absence—everything from “good riddance” and speculation that he would have attended a Mitt Romney inauguration to, “who cares.”

Given the deeply entrenched partisanship that has defined much of President Obama’s first term, the attendance of a Republican president—especially one as polarizing as President George W. Bush—may have sent just the type of constructive message that city so badly needs.
President George W. Bush sends his inauguration regrets ? MSNBC

The elder Bush, who is 88 years old, was released from a Houston hospital last week after battling several illnesses for nearly two months. McGrath said in an e-mail that the 41st president is "getting better every day." The elder Bush had complications related to bronchitis, a stubborn fever and an infection, and his hospital stay included some time in intensive care.

Republican Mitt Romney, who lost the 2012 election to Obama, is not expected at Obama's inauguration.

CBS News reports this is the first time since 1989 when the losing presidential candidate won't be in attendance. Romney, a former Massachusetts governor, is no longer an elected official and does not have a formal role in Monday's events.
Ex-presidents Bush skip Obama inauguration

:confused:

As one of the quoted news clips said, GWB is likely spending most of his time right now at his ailing father's bedside...

I do the same thing whenever my 85-year-old dad is going through a rough patch...

it's a scary thing to see your dad in such condition...

under such conditions, I wouldn't travel away from home for any reason...

Last edited:
I should thik GWB had better things to do then attend an inaguration.

Lack of class? Nope just more important things on his mind. Like his Dad.

I'm sure no one expected him to attend. After all. The last four years have been his fault.

That fuck in the WH would probably have a hard time blaming Bush for his fiasco if he had to look he and Laura in the eye.

Kinda hard to dis someone when your looking right at em and you know your a fuck and a half.

I always thought George developed a little bit of class after serving...

Not so sure now...

but what do I know?

I'll give Dubya the benefit of doubt that it may be his dad. I liked his dad, mother and wife, but I didn't like Dubya.

Forum List

Back