🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

ACA Mandate...Freedom Loving?

There is no ACA ‘mandate,’ it’s a bluff.

If one doesn’t buy insurance, he’s subject to a fee.

If one doesn’t pay the fee, his income tax return is garnished.

If one has no income tax return, nothing happens.

And all during this process the individual has no health insurance, as the ACA has no provision to ‘force’ anyone to purchase health insurance.

But you and others on the right know this already, yet you keep the myth of the ‘mandate’ alive nonetheless, for some perceived partisan gain.

I just wish they would drop the mandate and get rid of EMTALA. If we are giving people the opportunity to purchase insurance even when they cannot pay for it all themselves, then everyone has the opportunity to have coverage. If a person, in their all knowing wisdom, chooses not to purchase insurance then if they get sick, medical providers should be able to turn them away without treating them if they cannot provide proof that they can pay for their treatment. If they have cancer, they would be sent home to die with no treatment whatsoever.

I am pretty sure a lot of the idiots who are so against the mandate would go for this.

And all during this process the individual has no health insurance, as the ACA has no provision to ‘force’ anyone to purchase health insurance.

But you and others on the right know this already, yet you keep the myth of the ‘mandate’ alive nonetheless, for some perceived partisan gain.

Here we have another liberal moron who doesn't know what force is. In the absence of force, nothing you listed above would occur.

Exactly. It's like income tax. They can't force you to send in your return along with a check, but there is hell to pay if you don't. Pelosi thought sending people to jail for failing to pay the fine would be a fair thing to do.

Obama wants to fuck with the military regarding their health care insurance. He wants to phase out Tricare and will do it by charging 5 times as much for it over the next few years. That is what the typical dictator does. It would force people into Obamacare. Many of us already had insurance plans that we liked. We are losing them and have no choice but to accept whatever crap Obama says we can have. No freedom to make decisions we feel are in our best interest. Obama and the liberals don't know shit about health care and they are clueless about how businesses run. They can't even build a website. Hell, government couldn't run a whorehouse.

It should bother everyone that congress, Obama and the IRS want nothing to do with Obamacare. When the cook refuses to eat his own food, it's probably full of poison.

To the libturd who thinks Republicans should be charged for breathing, I think you and your fellow dipsticks should be fined every time you mindlessly regurgitate talking points. That money could go to paying for the government dependents and give the tax payers a big break. Oh wait, most of the idiots spouting talking points already are government dependents. And the wealthy people who do that don't want to part with their own money, they are just generous with other peoples' money.

"Hell, government couldn't run a whorehouse." okay we may just disagree on that..:lol:

I just wish they would drop the mandate and get rid of EMTALA. If we are giving people the opportunity to purchase insurance even when they cannot pay for it all themselves, then everyone has the opportunity to have coverage. If a person, in their all knowing wisdom, chooses not to purchase insurance then if they get sick, medical providers should be able to turn them away without treating them if they cannot provide proof that they can pay for their treatment. If they have cancer, they would be sent home to die with no treatment whatsoever.

I am pretty sure a lot of the idiots who are so against the mandate would go for this.

So, if a person cannot afford insurance because Obamacare caused giant rate increases and they aren't qualified for a subsidy, then you think they should be out of luck? Many are screwed because they lost their affordable policies and don't have enough money to get the ones Obama allows them to have. Those who continue to live a subsidized life could care less about the people who suffer while paying for others.

Here we have another liberal moron who doesn't know what force is. In the absence of force, nothing you listed above would occur.

Exactly. It's like income tax. They can't force you to send in your return along with a check, but there is hell to pay if you don't. Pelosi thought sending people to jail for failing to pay the fine would be a fair thing to do.

Obama wants to fuck with the military regarding their health care insurance. He wants to phase out Tricare and will do it by charging 5 times as much for it over the next few years. That is what the typical dictator does. It would force people into Obamacare. Many of us already had insurance plans that we liked. We are losing them and have no choice but to accept whatever crap Obama says we can have. No freedom to make decisions we feel are in our best interest. Obama and the liberals don't know shit about health care and they are clueless about how businesses run. They can't even build a website. Hell, government couldn't run a whorehouse.

It should bother everyone that congress, Obama and the IRS want nothing to do with Obamacare. When the cook refuses to eat his own food, it's probably full of poison.

To the libturd who thinks Republicans should be charged for breathing, I think you and your fellow dipsticks should be fined every time you mindlessly regurgitate talking points. That money could go to paying for the government dependents and give the tax payers a big break. Oh wait, most of the idiots spouting talking points already are government dependents. And the wealthy people who do that don't want to part with their own money, they are just generous with other peoples' money.

"Hell, government couldn't run a whorehouse." okay we may just disagree on that..:lol:

LOL, Lumpy! Actually, I was referring to the time government did take over a whorehouse in Texas, I think, and they ran it in to the ground. If they can't make money selling sex and booze, that tells you how little they understand about the private sector. As the saying goes, "If government was in charge of the Sahara dessert, in 5 years we'd a shortage of sand."

LOL, Lumpy! Actually, I was referring to the time government did take over a whorehouse in Texas, I think, and they ran it in to the ground. If they can't make money selling sex and booze, that tells you how little they understand about the private sector. As the saying goes, "If government was in charge of the Sahara dessert, in 5 years we'd a shortage of sand."

I suppose they keep the ones in Washington D.C. rather busy but yup, actually running it would be a different story. Barney Frank may be showing Obama all the best places when he's not out "golfing".

So, if a person cannot afford insurance because Obamacare caused giant rate increases and they aren't qualified for a subsidy, then you think they should be out of luck? Many are screwed because they lost their affordable policies and don't have enough money to get the ones Obama allows them to have. Those who continue to live a subsidized life could care less about the people who suffer while paying for others.

There are two separate issues here. The first is that those who do not qualify for a subsidy make enough to pay for insurance, that is the bottom line. Now, I agree that it can get awfully pricey, and it is something that should be looked at, because it is something that can be addressed.

You guys all told us how it was okay for people with pre-existing conditions to be turned away for insurance or how it was okay for them to have to pay $1000 per month or more for a policy that was guaranteed issue with a very limited maximum payout. But now that it might affect you, you squeal like a little bitch. Just saying.... You guys didn't care about others, but now all of a sudden you care about the person who is making more than enough to afford insurance but says it's a burden because it's so expensive. You're a hypocrite plain and simple.

Last edited:

It's all an ILLUSION!!!

That's exactly what they should do.

IT is a fine, a penalty, and civil legal act designed to force a citizen into an action.

A fee.......is that the new spin. When they can take money from you without your consent or you will pay a price for not doing so, you are being punished.

That is NOT a fee.

I supported the Republican promise of the individual mandate on healthcare. But then so did a black guy, and then they ran away from it.

What's good about the ACA is that it forces working people to take responsibility for themselves. Too bad that's not a conservative value anymore.

I supported the Republican promise of the individual mandate on healthcare. But then so did a black guy, and then they ran away from it.

What's good about the ACA is that it forces working people to take responsibility for themselves. Too bad that's not a conservative value anymore.
Mainly because it does no such thing.

A conservative value is not one in which we force others to conform to OUR idea of social acceptance.

Most real conservatives wish to make law removing laws that force values on others.

If Obamacare was so great it wouldn't require an exclusively jack-booted Democrat mandate..just sayin.

A conservative value is not one in which we force others to conform to OUR idea of social acceptance.

Most real conservatives wish to make law removing laws that force values on others.

Let me know when the Republican party starts acting like conservatives then. Every one of their candidates in the last election supported the individual mandate (Except Ron Paul of course).

And just to clarify. Republicans support the individual mandate, just not when it's in a bill written by Democrats.

Let me know when the Republican party starts acting like conservatives then. Every one of their candidates in the last election supported the individual mandate (Except Ron Paul of course).

And just to clarify. Republicans support the individual mandate, just not when it's in a bill written by Democrats.

I'm not seeing a link to any of your melodrama..

BREAKING: Mitt Romney Urged Obama to Embrace the Individual Mandate | RedState

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVGTE5u_0GM]Newt in 2008 on the Individual Mandate - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVGTE5u_0GM]Newt in 2008 on the Individual Mandate - YouTube[/ame]

Thanks for trying..

I wish Mitt would have informed Obama how to build a robust economy and Obama/Democrats would have listened to that....:lol:

also... I see no evidence that Mitt urged Obama/Democrats to create a country wide mandate without popular support or exclusive Democrat votes and jack-booting.. just sayin..

btw Mitt doesn't represent all Republicans and an obscure article doesn't change that.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: 007

We know Mitt Romney supports, nimrod. You said "all Republicans." Name another one.

Forum List

Back