Aches, anxiety, exhaustion — oh my! Adults feel good just 47% of the time, poll reveals.

Mindful

Diamond Member
Sep 5, 2014
Here, there, and everywhere.
LONDON — Feeling good is becoming an increasingly rare commodity these days, according to a new survey. In a poll of 2,000 people in the United Kingdom, it turns out adults truly feel good — both mentally and physically — less than half of the time (47%).

One in four respondents say they deal with anxiety at least once per week, and 40 percent battle muscle aches on most days. On an especially depressing note, just under six in 10 (57%) say they rarely feel “on top of their game” physically. Another 61 percent have simply accepted that aches and pains are part of their daily life.

LONDON — Feeling good is becoming an increasingly rare commodity these days, according to a new survey. In a poll of 2,000 people in the United Kingdom, it turns out adults truly feel good — both mentally and physically — less than half of the time (47%).

One in four respondents say they deal with anxiety at least once per week, and 40 percent battle muscle aches on most days. On an especially depressing note, just under six in 10 (57%) say they rarely feel “on top of their game” physically. Another 61 percent have simply accepted that aches and pains are part of their daily life.

When you sit around and obsess about your health you tend not to feel so great. We don't work hard enough to do anything else, frankly. I think this might be especially true of European nations.

To be honest I consider myself a singular (and so anecdotal) test case of the opposite. I work like a freaking dog. I teach 150 elem children every working day of my working life for 27 years running now. Plus I am married and raised two children with no family nearby. I am one of the most content people I know for real.

Just work people instead of sitting around moaning.

Yes, getting old sucks. This survey is as insightful as the daily sunrise and sunset numbers.

Whiners.

Suck it up buttercup

When your fat, lazy, and taking several pills from big pharma your naturally going to feel shitty.

When you sit around and obsess about your health you tend not to feel so great. We don't work hard enough to do anything else, frankly. I think this might be especially true of European nations.

To be honest I consider myself a singular (and so anecdotal) test case of the opposite. I work like a freaking dog. I teach 150 elem children every working day of my working life for 27 years running now. Plus I am married and raised two children with no family nearby. I am one of the most content people I know for real.

Just work people instead of sitting around moaning.
I was mason for thirty five years and pain was part of the game.

Forum List

Back