Adam and Eve could not love God or each other before eating of the Tree of Knowledge.

If we interpret the Garden of Eden narrative literally God is no longer suitable for worship because He staged that entire sequence of events as a way to justify subjugating women. If God didn't intend Eve to disobey and eat the forbidden fruit why put a forbidden fruit in the Garden in the first place? If the serpent was somehow anti-God also disobediant to Him, why was it there at all?

The Eden story is the required logical beginning to the a book attemptingto explain Big Questions and establish a kind of threat-reward system for people to follow. 'Better obey or this might happen...' as recurs throughout it's texts.

Eden did not literally occur, or to be fair, the chance of it being a real event is zero plus 1 subatomic particle in an entire universe representing the fraction. :)

That is like saying man couldn't say "no" or do his job.
When you say that man can't be responsible then what are you saying?
Irresponsible people don't get any rights in this world.

You might want a gun permit but should you get one if you aren't responsible?
Should you get a driver's license if you aren't a responsible driver?
Should you get a medical license for surgery if you aren't responsible?

The last time I looked, you had to have at least an A- for some medical schools. They don't want kids with D's or F's.

Adam and Eve could not love God or each other before eating of the Tree of Knowledge.

The Tree of Knowledge of Good & Evil is the tree of love. Would you abstain from eating of it and lose the ability to Love?

Adam and Eve, mythical representatives of you and I, could not love without eating of the tree of knowledge. It holds the knowledge of love as love has good and evil components.

Love, as we all know is quite good. Like most concepts though, it has some evil to it as well as the good. Adam and Eve were thus ignorant of what love was because it has good and evil aspects. Unfortunately, part of being in ignorant bliss of evil, is having to suffer not knowing the beauty of love.

You may have noted that God gets angry when his commands are broken. Genesis 3 is clear in this. God did not get angry at A & E in Genesis 1 where they ignored his command to reproduce because God knew that for man, it is desirable to have love as a prerequisite to sex. God forgave this first disobedience because Adam and Eve were still innocent and did not know they were naked. God thus takes sex out of the lower animal dimension and elevates it in our minds for social reasons.

Wanting Adam and Eve to know love, God drew Satan to Eden to minister to his needs and make sure that Eve ate of the Tree of knowledge/love. She did as bid and the rest as they say is mythical biblical history.

If God attaches sex and love and knows that knowledge of good and evil are required to find or recognize love, then to think that he would want to deny mankind the knowledge of love, with it’s good and evil components, is ridiculous. Sex and reproduction would also fly out the window.

So why do you Christians think God would deny you love, though Adam and Eve that is?

Christians say that Eden was a fall for man yet God said we became as Gods. I see it as being able to love, --- at last.
My bible tells me to emulate God just as yours does yet Christians find fault in becoming as Gods.

Are Christians afraid to love? Is that why they have made an idol of the word and call their God --- Love?

If in Eden, and knowing as you do now, that to know love you have to disobey God, and have to know good and evil, --- would you disobey and eat of the tree of knowledge/love, --- knowing that you could not love if you did not?

Regards
DL

If we interpret the Garden of Eden narrative literally God is no longer suitable for worship because He staged that entire sequence of events as a way to justify subjugating women. If God didn't intend Eve to disobey and eat the forbidden fruit why put a forbidden fruit in the Garden in the first place? If the serpent was somehow anti-God also disobediant to Him, why was it there at all?

The Eden story is the required logical beginning to the a book attemptingto explain Big Questions and establish a kind of threat-reward system for people to follow. 'Better obey or this might happen...' as recurs throughout it's texts.

Eden did not literally occur, or to be fair, the chance of it being a real event is zero plus 1 subatomic particle in an entire universe representing the fraction. :)

Adam is subjugated to Eve as the breadwinner.

Eden did literally occur. If it didn't, we wouldn't be here, because monkeys really don't turn into men. The tree of knowledge of good and evil had NOTHING to do with love, and everything to do with knowledge.
God gave us free will and was bound by His word. He knew exactly what we would do with the option, so before the tree was made available to us, God and Christ had a plan in place to remove the penalty of sin, (eternal death), associated with eating the fruit of that tree.

Romans 5:19
For just as through the disobedience of the one man (Adam) the many were made sinners, so also through the obedience of the one man (Jesus) the many will be made righteous.

^ And that is why we need Jesus Christ in our lives. :eusa_angel:

Last edited:

The Tree of Knowledge of Good & Evil is the tree of love. Would you abstain from eating of it and lose the ability to Love?

Adam and Eve, mythical representatives of you and I, could not love without eating of the tree of knowledge. It holds the knowledge of love as love has good and evil components.

Love, as we all know is quite good. Like most concepts though, it has some evil to it as well as the good. Adam and Eve were thus ignorant of what love was because it has good and evil aspects. Unfortunately, part of being in ignorant bliss of evil, is having to suffer not knowing the beauty of love.

You may have noted that God gets angry when his commands are broken. Genesis 3 is clear in this. God did not get angry at A & E in Genesis 1 where they ignored his command to reproduce because God knew that for man, it is desirable to have love as a prerequisite to sex. God forgave this first disobedience because Adam and Eve were still innocent and did not know they were naked. God thus takes sex out of the lower animal dimension and elevates it in our minds for social reasons.

Wanting Adam and Eve to know love, God drew Satan to Eden to minister to his needs and make sure that Eve ate of the Tree of knowledge/love. She did as bid and the rest as they say is mythical biblical history.

If God attaches sex and love and knows that knowledge of good and evil are required to find or recognize love, then to think that he would want to deny mankind the knowledge of love, with it’s good and evil components, is ridiculous. Sex and reproduction would also fly out the window.

So why do you Christians think God would deny you love, though Adam and Eve that is?

Christians say that Eden was a fall for man yet God said we became as Gods. I see it as being able to love, --- at last.
My bible tells me to emulate God just as yours does yet Christians find fault in becoming as Gods.

Are Christians afraid to love? Is that why they have made an idol of the word and call their God --- Love?

If in Eden, and knowing as you do now, that to know love you have to disobey God, and have to know good and evil, --- would you disobey and eat of the tree of knowledge/love, --- knowing that you could not love if you did not?

Regards
DL

Don't know where you got that idea.
You can love and have feelings in innocence and you don't need to know about evil.
The knowledge they received was knowing good and evil.
God did not want them to know about evil.
They were knowledgeable in good only.
How else would Adam know what to call the different species of animals?

I don't believe that things are that complicated.
Thanks for sharing, though. :thup:

Complicated. I do not see anything but simple truth in the facts that I gave.

I do appreciate though that unless one has thought about such things, it could be difficult to grasp right off the bat.

Regards
DL

I can grasp that your handle is kinda sorta a mockery of God's name as He revealed it unto Moses at the burning bush.

It's also strange that, given that handle, your avatar is a serpent.

Lotsa folks in world history have thought they were God (in the Judeo-Christian sense of the Word), and/ or tried to imitate God. None of them were up to any good.

Just sayin'.

Regards
DL

Christians never answer when I ask them why God put Satan in Rden.

Put a fox in the hen house and surely a hen will disappear.

God is so stupid.

Regards
DL

Pretty silly, Nudley.
Men building bombs then using them on each other is what will cause our God to return to prevent us from annihilating all life.
You hate God. I don't. I wish you would do what He asked and love one another.

Why does your God not love us enough not to condemn us?

In the story of Jesus the shepherd, he does not lose one sheep yet you translate that parable into God losing many.

Tsk. Tsk.

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

You can love and have feelings in innocence and you don't need to know about evil.

It is the tree of knowledge of good and evil. The ancients knew of duality when they wrote Eden.
It is important to know that they did not have a tree for good knowledge and another for evil knowledge. To know one is to know the other.

You have only looked at the one side.

Answer this and know how a Gnostic Christian might think.

How else would Adam know what not to call the different species of animals, --- if he did not know evil?

Regards
DL

Last edited:
I don't believe that things are that complicated.
Thanks for sharing, though. :thup:

Complicated. I do not see anything but simple truth in the facts that I gave.

I do appreciate though that unless one has thought about such things, it could be difficult to grasp right off the bat.

Regards
DL

I can grasp that your handle is kinda sorta a mockery of God's name as He revealed it unto Moses at the burning bush.

It's also strange that, given that handle, your avatar is a serpent.

Lotsa folks in world history have thought they were God (in the Judeo-Christian sense of the Word), and/ or tried to imitate God. None of them were up to any good.

Just sayin'.

I follow the Gnostic Jesus in my theology. Who do you follow? The Roman one?

You ignore Jesus in scriptures when he says to seek God as you have decided to idol worship your genocidal son murdering prick of a God instead.

Here is my Jesus but do not wonder why your church hides him from you.

John 6 ; 63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

Luke 11:52 Woe unto you, lawyers! for ye have taken away the key of knowledge: ye entered not in yourselves, and them that were entering in ye hindered.

Mark 7:13 Making the word of God of none effect through your tradition, which ye have delivered: and many such like things do ye.
--------------------------

John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

Luke 17:21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

Romans 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

That is why Gnostic Christians and Jesus are Universalists. We believe Jesus when he says that we are one with him.

Do not seek God or go within as Jesus says though. You are not ready for the truth.

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

It is the tree of knowledge of good and evil. The ancients knew of duality when they wrote Eden.
It is important to know that they did not have a tree for good knowledge and another for evil knowledge. To know one is to know the other.

How else would Adam know what not to call the different species of animals, --- if he did not know evil?

Regards
DL

Give an example of an evil name for a species.

Regards
DL

Klingon. :badgrin:

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

Klingon. :badgrin:

Regards
DL

:D
We are talking about animal species not humanoid species.

Says who? Regardless, you should be aware of the duality of the tree of knowledge.

To know the good is to know that anything else is evil.

If you are a wabbit then being a rabbit is evil to you.

Regards
DL

That's why I said innocence.
Freedom from sin, moral wrong, or guilt through lack of knowledge of evil.
They ate from the tree, they then knew it was morally wrong to be naked.
Even in innocence you can love. Have emotions.

Last edited:
Have emotions that are based on what?

They must be based on knowing the good and evil characteristic of the other's characteristic and character traits.

Right?

How else could one decide who to love?

Regards
DL

Have emotions that are based on what?

They must be based on knowing the good and evil characteristic of the other's characteristic and character traits.

Right?

How else could one decide who to love?

Regards
DL

Freedom from moral sin or wrong does not mean you can't love.

Forum List

Back