Adam and Eve could not love God or each other before eating of the Tree of Knowledge.

That just happens to be my favorite as well.

No Christian can answer well as to why Satan was put in Eden by God.

Regards
DL

Don't know where you got that idea.
You can love and have feelings in innocence and you don't need to know about evil.
The knowledge they received was knowing good and evil.
God did not want them to know about evil.
They were knowledgeable in good only.
How else would Adam know what to call the different species of animals?

It is the tree of knowledge of good and evil. The ancients knew of duality when they wrote Eden.
It is important to know that they did not have a tree for good knowledge and another for evil knowledge. To know one is to know the other.

You have only looked at the one side.

Answer this and know how a Gnostic Christian might think.

How else would Adam know what not to call the different species of animals, --- if he did not know evil?

Regards
DL

Give an example of an evil name for a species.

It wasn't a test to see if Adam knew what they were called. He decided what to call them.

To know God was to know good.......

I don't know any Eve bashers, and have never been blamed for her actions. If a women is downtrodden, it's usually an issue of man's disregard, not Eve's.

That era of humanity is called " Age of Innocence". A different analogy would be the innocence of a child who has been sheltered from life's harsh realities until the time comes when the child must face a world without the protection of a safe, warm home and family, and innocence gives way to the knowledge of evil, Kindergarten.

But Adam and Eve were adults and life had no harsh realities. A perfect garden was their shelter. God was their family. Only goodness. We have no idea how long that was the status quo, or how many children they had before the Fall. Eve added to God's word, and it was her downfall. At what point in her life that happened, we don't know.

God didn't put Satan there. Satan possesses his own mobility, but in case He showed up, God made sure that Adam and Eve knew how to avoid the sin he was peddling.
When Adam decided to remain with Eve and ate the apple, Satan usurped Adam's role of Dominion over all, and goes to and fro inflicting whatever damage he can until Christ returns to chain him up. For this short time, it's why bad things happen to good people.

The nakedness that is referred to has nothing to do with clothes. Adam and Eve lived in a perfect environment. They didn't need or know what clothes were. Their bodies were their attire.
Just as Moses had an aura or a residual glow from spending time in the presence of God, so did Adam and Eve from walking with our Father in the garden. We call it Shekinah Glory. That is what disappeared. It wasn't that she didn't have any clothes on, Adam saw Eve for the first time without the Shekinah Glory of God that had always surrounded her, and knew immediately what she had done. Out of pure love, Adam turned His dominion over to Satan, and ate, to stay with His wife. God forgave them, covered them, and never left them.

Mr. C, if I said, "you were a real dog", would you grow fur?

Having to know evil to appreciate good is incorrect. I know I feel good today. I don't need to develop cancer to know that I feel good.

Last edited:
It is the tree of knowledge of good and evil. The ancients knew of duality when they wrote Eden.
It is important to know that they did not have a tree for good knowledge and another for evil knowledge. To know one is to know the other.

You have only looked at the one side.

Answer this and know how a Gnostic Christian might think.

How else would Adam know what not to call the different species of animals, --- if he did not know evil?

Regards
DL

Give an example of an evil name for a species.

It wasn't a test to see if Adam knew what they were called. He decided what to call them.

To know God was to know good.......

I don't know any Eve bashers, and have never been blamed for her actions. If a women is downtrodden, it's usually an issue of man's disregard, not Eve's.

That era of humanity is called " Age of Innocence". A different analogy would be the innocence of a child who has been sheltered from life's harsh realities until the time comes when the child must face a world without the protection of a safe, warm home and family, and innocence gives way to the knowledge of evil, Kindergarten.

But Adam and Eve were adults and life had no harsh realities. A perfect garden was their shelter. God was their family. Only goodness. We have no idea how long that was the status quo, or how many children they had before the Fall. Eve added to God's word, and it was her downfall. At what point in her life that happened, we don't know.

God didn't put Satan there. Satan possesses his own mobility, but in case He showed up, God made sure that Adam and Eve knew how to avoid the sin he was peddling.
When Adam decided to remain with Eve and ate the apple, Satan usurped Adam's role of Dominion over all, and goes to and fro inflicting whatever damage he can until Christ returns to chain him up. For this short time, it's why bad things happen to good people.

The nakedness that is referred to has nothing to do with clothes. Adam and Eve lived in a perfect environment. They didn't need or know what clothes were. Their bodies were their attire.
Just as Moses had an aura or a residual glow from spending time in the presence of God, so did Adam and Eve from walking with our Father in the garden. We call it Shekinah Glory. That is what disappeared. It wasn't that she didn't have any clothes on, Adam saw Eve for the first time without the Shekinah Glory of God that had always surrounded her, and knew immediately what she had done. Out of pure love, Adam turned His dominion over to Satan, and ate, to stay with His wife. God forgave them, covered them, and never left them.

Mr. C, if I said, "you were a real dog", would you grow fur?

Having to know evil to appreciate good is incorrect. I know I feel good today. I don't need to develop cancer to know that I feel good.

Why did God let Satan into Eden?
Why did he give her dominion over us and the ability to deceive us all.

Why reward Satan instead of punishing her?

Regards
DL

Forum List

Back