Adam Schiff follows Trump's lead, attacks our democracy by hinting he will refuse subpoenas

This is insurrection, right?

Bash said, “We’re out of time but I have to ask. If you are subpoenaed by Republicans when they take over, will you comply?”

Schiff said, “We’ll have to consider the validity of the subpoena. I would certainly view my obligation, the administration’s obligation to follow the law and the fact that they have disrespected the law is not a precedent I would hope that would be broadly followed. We’ll have to look at the the legitimacy or lack of legitimacy of what they do.”
Schiff has no recourse but comply to a subpoena. The man is a serial liar.

That was Trump's opinion regarding DemoKKKrats, too.
No, it wasn't. Trump issued a blanket statement saying he would refuse to comply with any House subpoena before they were even issued.

Trump Vows Stonewall of ‘All’ House Subpoenas, Setting Up Fight Over Powers​

WASHINGTON — The Trump administration escalated its defiance of Congress on Wednesday, as the Justice Department refused to let an official testify on Capitol Hill and President Trump vowed to fight what he called a “ridiculous” subpoena ordering a former top aide to appear before lawmakers.

“We’re fighting all the subpoenas,” Mr. Trump told reporters outside the White House. “These aren’t, like, impartial people. The Democrats are trying to win 2020.”

No, it wasn't. Trump issued a blanket statement saying he would refuse to comply with any House subpoena before they were even issued.

WASHINGTON — The Trump administration escalated its defiance of Congress on Wednesday, as the Justice Department refused to let an official testify on Capitol Hill and President Trump vowed to fight what he called a “ridiculous” subpoena ordering a former top aide to appear before lawmakers.

“We’re fighting all the subpoenas,” Mr. Trump told reporters outside the White House. “These aren’t, like, impartial people. The Democrats are trying to win 2020.”

Geez, by then...after all the witch hunts, it was painfully obvious the Shifty subpoenas were all invalid.

Your source was involved in the laptop cover up. It's not a legitimate news outlet.

Schiff has no recourse but comply to a subpoena. The man is a serial liar.
You mean he can't avail himself of potential legal protections against invalid subpeoanas? Trump is the serial liar.

Bash said, “We’re out of time but I have to ask. If you are subpoenaed by Republicans when they take over, will you comply?”

Schiff said, “We’ll have to consider the validity of the subpoena. I would certainly view my obligation, the administration’s obligation to follow the law and the fact that they have disrespected the law is not a precedent I would hope that would be broadly followed. We’ll have to look at the the legitimacy or lack of legitimacy of what they do.”
I about bust a gut laughing when I read this.

This is how a once great nation runs the government these days.
'Us against them' approach.

Forum List

Back