Adam sinned, not Eve. Why did Yahweh punish an innocent Eve?

I am what I am is somewhat of a mistranslation of the ancient Hebrew. It is to be translated as a promise to the question of knowing G-d as proffered by Moses to G-d.

G-d's response to Moses?

ehyeh ’ăšer ’ehyeh is promissory iow, 'I will always be with you.'

I am what I will become, I am that I am, I am what I am are not answers and translated as such are not so meaningful since those responses lack a future tense regarding Moses' 'knowing (future tense)'.
I took it as a statement of existence. As in God is existence. I am. I am who I am.

Last edited:
I took it as a statement of existence. As in God is existence. I am.

People have their own opinions and beliefs on the Hebrew translation, and which words have more than a singular meaning.

Still, Mathew clarified it for Christianity.

"I Will Be with You Always Even Unto the End of the World."

People have their own opinions and beliefs on the Hebrew translation, and which words have more than a singular meaning.

Still, Mathew clarified it for Christianity.

"I Will Be with You Always Even Unto the End of the World."
I like the Aquinas approach. Existence cannot come from non-existence.

I like the Aquinas approach. Existence cannot come from non-existence.

+2

It's a pilpul point and one that's good for understanding a caustic logical approach.

Of the five books of Moses, the first book "Bereshit" defines as "Beginning."

Beginning, there was a formless void before the spirit of the L-rd was over the face of the deep.

This means that there was a void which was capable of being formed (had not yet been formed) by one capable of doing so and that there was a dark deep (waters).

The term 'formless' signifies there is a process in order to be formed and so there was something to create with in existence prior to the word.

+2

It's a pilpul point and one that's good for understanding a caustic logical approach.

Of the five books of Moses, the first book "Bereshit" defines as "Beginning."

Beginning, there was a formless void before the spirit of the L-rd was over the face of the deep.

This means that there was a void which was capable of being formed (had not yet been formed) by one capable of doing so and that there was a dark deep (waters).

The term 'formless' signifies there is a process in order to be formed and so there was something to create with in existence prior to the word.
I take Genesis 1:1 to be the creation of the universe. Nothing that follows was created after 1:1; which makes sense with what we know now about the beginning and evolution of space and time. So along those lines Genesis 1:2 is describing the very early universe... which was dark and without form for about 380,000 years. A sub-atomic soup of matter coupled with radiation. And stayed that way until the universe cooled enough to allow radiation to decouple from matter. And that was when light first appears as in Genesis 1:3 "Let there be light."

Couple that with the science that tells us that the universe was not created from a previously created thing (i.e. a universe from nothing so to speak) and we have ancient man perfectly describing the beginning of the universe 6,000 years before science did. This is why I do not read Genesis literally. It isn't as an impressive to read it literally.

It isn't as an impressive to read it literally.

The Torah is much easier to read literally... although it is much larger than the Christian Bible.

And it only gets better from there.

In it's own time, it will be brought about speedily.

According to LDS church, one has to sin in order to have joy: Book of Mormon 2nd Nephi 2:23 "... they would have had no children; wherefore they would have remained in a state of innocence, having no joy...., for they knew no sin."

When Adam was confronted by Yahuah, Adam said nothing about any snake tempting him; And promptly falsely accused Eve and the Creator. Thus Adam was symbolically a snake. Adam had full access to the Creator, and decided for himself to define good and evil; And what Adam wanted was good,, so Adam in effect cast the Creator out/murdered Him mentally. What Adam did was imprinted in his genetic code, and thus Cain did the same, doing what he wanted, which was to kill Abel.
Every son of Adam has this genetic trait, which is why Christ said only the overcomers enter the Kingdom of Heaven - New Yerusalem.

Overcomers put the Creator's Law 1st and their personal desires 2nd,
When Adam and Eve were placed within the Garden of Eden, they were in a state of innocence not knowing good or evil. How can anyone have joy in doing what is good if they do not even know what good or evil is? By partaking of the tree of knowledge of good and evil, Both Adam and Eve became aware of good and evil and thus became more like the Gods and were able to have joy in doing what was good.

Genesis 3:22
22 And the Lord God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever:

If God, who knows the end from the beginning, who also knew everything that Adam and Eve would do in advance and fully understood what the outcome would be, then why would he place Satan on the earth to tempt them and why would he place the tree of knowledge of good and evil in the garden knowing full well that Adam and Eve would succumb. We know that God the Father chose Jesus Christ before the foundation of the world to be a savior of mankind. This proves that God had the foreknowledge of what would take place in the garden. Yet he went ahead with it anyway. Why would God do that if he never wanted Adam and Eve to partake of the tree of knowledge of good and evil? Why not send Satan somewhere else besides this earth? Why place the tree of knowledge of good and evil in the garden knowing full well that Adam and Eve would partake of it?

1 Peter 1:19-20
19 But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:
20 Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you,

God understood that in order for man to progress, they would need to experience mortality and would need to have a knowledge of good and evil. However, God couldn't simply condemn mankind to a fallen state without them disobeying a commandment. For this reason Adam and Eve were commanded not to partake of the tree of knowledge of good and evil for in the day they ate from it, they would surely die. God knew in advance that Adam and Eve would fall and that they would need a Savior. He also knew that for them to advance, they would need a knowledge of good and evil and by so doing they would have joy in doing that which was good.

2 Nephi 2:22-26
22 And now, behold, if Adam had not transgressed he would not have fallen, but he would have remained in the garden of Eden. And all things which were created must have remained in the same state in which they were after they were created; and they must have remained forever, and had no end.
23 And they would have had no children; wherefore they would have remained in a state of innocence, having no joy, for they knew no misery; doing no good, for they knew no sin.
24 But behold, all things have been done in the wisdom of him who knoweth all things.
25 Adam fell that men might be; and men are, that they might have joy.
26 And the Messiah cometh in the fulness of time, that he may redeem the children of men from the fall. And because that they are redeemed from the fall they have become free forever, knowing good from evil; to act for themselves and not to be acted upon, save it be by the punishment of the law at the great and last day, according to the commandments which God hath given.

Last edited:
Incorrect. Taking scripture out of context is what led to the Gnostic Christians believing there were TWO SUPERNATURAL BEINGS. Because that's what Gnostic Christians believe. You are what we call a secular humanist or an atheist or a militant atheist. Judging by your tenor you are the latter. And an unintelligent one at that. But then again, most are.
Only the un-educated and gullible will give belief to the supernatural.

One ends with stupid beliefs like talking serpents and donkeys.

Regards
DL

Eve was as bright as a brick and Yahweh still sent Satan to deceive her.

Adam sinned but Eve was deceived.

Did you not care that she had no evil intent?

Are you a moral coward or one who can judge fairly using mens rea?

Your bible call it Adam's sin. Did you never notice that it gives Eve a pass?

Regards
DL
Why did allah do nothing to stop the Earthquake in Turkey and Syria?
Regardless whether Eve sinned or Adam sinned, you and I are sinners, and according to God's Law you are not forgiven unless there is a sacrifice made by a lamb without blemish.

Since you do not believe in Jesus as Messiah, Lord and God, Son of God how can your sins be forgiven?

I contend that you are not forgiven, and that allah has lead you to the path of Hell.

Last edited:
Regardless whether Eve sinned or Adam sinned, you and I are sinners, and according to God's Law you are not forgiven unless there is a sacrifice made by a lamb without blemish.

Since you do not believe in Jesus as Messiah, Lord and God, Son of God how can your sins be forgiven?

I contend that you are not forgiven, and that allah has lead you to the path of Hell.
He knows that path well, given he lives there.

As to Jesus and who is to be punished for sin, read these and rethink.

On Jesus dying for Christians, from a moral perspective.

It takes quite an imagination and ego to think a god would actually die for us, after condemning us unjustly in the first place.

Christians have swallowed a lie and don’t care how evil they make Jesus to keep their feel good get out of hell free card.

It is a lie, first and foremost, because, like it or not, having another innocent person suffer or die for the wrongs you have done, --- so that you might escape responsibility for having done them, --- is immoral.

To abdicate your personal responsibility for your actions or use a scapegoat is immoral.

Christians also have to ignore what Jesus, as a Jewish Rabbi, would have taught his people.

Ezekiel 18:20 The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.

Deuteronomy 24:16 (ESV) "Fathers shall not be put to death because of their children, nor shall children be put to death because of their fathers. Each one shall be put to death for his own sin.

Psa 49;7 None of them can by any means redeem his brother, nor give to God a ransom for him:

There is no way that Christians parents would teach their children to use a scapegoat.

Good morals and Jesus speak against the messianic concept and bids us pick up our crosses and follow him.

Regards
DL

speak for yourself sinner -

you need to wake up christian - the heavenly religion is to learn the difference between good and evil and to triumph one over the other and sin no more - as their means for a mortal to join them in the everlasting.

no makebelive messiah is going to save anyone.

He knows that path well, given he lives there.

As to Jesus and who is to be punished for sin, read these and rethink.

On Jesus dying for Christians, from a moral perspective.

It takes quite an imagination and ego to think a god would actually die for us, after condemning us unjustly in the first place.

Christians have swallowed a lie and don’t care how evil they make Jesus to keep their feel good get out of hell free card.

It is a lie, first and foremost, because, like it or not, having another innocent person suffer or die for the wrongs you have done, --- so that you might escape responsibility for having done them, --- is immoral.

To abdicate your personal responsibility for your actions or use a scapegoat is immoral.

Christians also have to ignore what Jesus, as a Jewish Rabbi, would have taught his people.

Ezekiel 18:20 The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.

Deuteronomy 24:16 (ESV) "Fathers shall not be put to death because of their children, nor shall children be put to death because of their fathers. Each one shall be put to death for his own sin.

Psa 49;7 None of them can by any means redeem his brother, nor give to God a ransom for him:

There is no way that Christians parents would teach their children to use a scapegoat.

Good morals and Jesus speak against the messianic concept and bids us pick up our crosses and follow him.

Regards
DL
You are condemned but not unjustly.
You do not understand the scriptures, especially the Old Testament that discussed even in Genesis the coming Messiah.

Jesus went to the cross voluntarily being fully man and fully God and unless you understand that, you understand nothing. No one put Him to death. He laid down His life voluntarily and had the power to do it, the same as He had the power to pick it up again and rose from the dead.

Everything else is just deception, fraud, and a diversion away from the path to the True and Living God.

Forum List

Back