addressing spending and debt

Old Rocks

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2008
Portland, Ore.
It now seems that the GOP, having egg all over their face in regard to the government shutdown over the ACA, want to change the subject.

So, let's address the debt. When in debt, you have two choices to get the money to pay the debt, increase your pay, or decrease your spending. Those who are wise do both.

Increase income. An additional 5% on all income over 1 million dollars. An additional 5% on dividend income. Any money that leaves the country for the 'tax havens' must have the full tax rate deducted, same as your income tax is deducted from your check, before it leaves the nation.

Decrease spending. Cut defense to the amount of the next 3 nations combined. Cut subsidies to the energy sector. Cut farm subsidies to corperate farms. Charge energy companies for what the nation spends to clean up their messes.

I am sure that there are many other programs that benefit those that are already wealthy that can be cut. Suggestions welcome.

Idiots think they are dealing in real cash. The bank notes are there, more fear mongering from the MSM and the Daily Kos. The tax collection system is alive and well, money is flowing in daily.

I think Obama has Barrycaded some of what's wasteful, I think him and the Dems for pointing that out. Problem is they've spent millions setting up those cones............and you think the TEA Party is wacky?? :cuckoo:

Forum List

Back