Admission: Special Forces were only hours from Benghazi

bripat9643

Diamond Member
Apr 1, 2011
JERUSALEM – In a bombshell admission that has until now gone unreported, Martin Dempsey, chairman of Joint Chiefs of Staff, conceded that highly trained Special Forces were stationed just a few hours away from Benghazi on the night of the attacks but were not told to deploy to Libya.

In comments that may warrant further investigation, Dempsey stated at a Senate hearing Wednesday that on the night of the Sept. 11, 2012, attack, command of the Special Forces – known as C-110, or the EUCOM CIF – was transferred from the military’s European command to AFRICOM, or the United States Africa Command.

Dempsey did not state any reason for the strange transfer of command nor could he provide a timeline for the transfer the night of the attack.

Also, Dempsey’s comments on the travel time between Croatia and Benghazi were incorrect.

His remarks for the first time confirm an exclusive Fox News interview aired April 30 in which a special government operator, speaking on condition of anonymity, contradicted claims by the Obama administration and a State Department review that there wasn’t enough time for military forces to deploy the night of the attack.

“I know for a fact that C-110, the EUCOM CIF, was doing a training exercise in … not in the region of North Africa, but in Europe,” the special operator told Fox News’ Adam Housley. “And they had the ability to act and to respond.”​

Admission: Special Forces were only hours from Benghazi

That couldn't possibly be true, because that would mean your leaders had the ability to help but chose not to. A "Stand Down" if you will.

No matter what the left says, this is NOT going to go away. But according to then .... what scandals??

I think the President and the Secretary of State should be charged with negligent homicide.

Admission? This was known since day one. Everything over there is a few hours away.

So they could of made it? If the stand down came from Obama he should be impeached for this.

Actually, it was SECDEF Panetta who said not to go in, because the only asset they had at the time was a single drone over the area, and there wasn't enough intel to properly execute a rescue and extraction mission without putting the lives of those who would be sent in at serious risk.

Which would you prefer? 4 dead people, or 4 dead people and a dead special ops extraction force?

Remember....................Carter took a beating (and lost reelection) because he sent in special operations members for Operation Eagle Claw during the Iran hostage crisis and lost several soldiers as well as 2 aircraft.

Just out of curiosity. What do you think the special ops are for? The special ops are supposed to "be sent in at serious risk". I think you're confusing special ops with the cub scouts.

Actually, not only was I a member of the Cub Scouts and Boy Scouts, but I also served over 20 years in the U.S. Navy and have several friends of mine who are SEALs and former SEALs.

Yeah....................they are sent in when there is a serious problem, and it requires serious skills to do.

But they rarely send them in without sufficient intel.

There wasn't enough intel on the area, nor on what was going on during the attack, which is why SECDEF Panetta didn't send them in.

Like I said........................look up Operation Eagle Claw sometime and see what happens.

So they could of made it? If the stand down came from Obama he should be impeached for this.

Actually, it was SECDEF Panetta who said not to go in, because the only asset they had at the time was a single drone over the area, and there wasn't enough intel to properly execute a rescue and extraction mission without putting the lives of those who would be sent in at serious risk.

Which would you prefer? 4 dead people, or 4 dead people and a dead special ops extraction force?

Remember....................Carter took a beating (and lost reelection) because he sent in special operations members for Operation Eagle Claw during the Iran hostage crisis and lost several soldiers as well as 2 aircraft.

The partisan right doesn’t care about facts or the truth – they only care about propagating lies and contriving controversies where none exist.

The partisan right doesn’t care about facts or the truth – they only care about propagating lies and contriving controversies where none exist.

Remind me in a couple of days.....................I owe you pos rep.

Just out of curiosity. What do you think the special ops are for? The special ops are supposed to "be sent in at serious risk". I think you're confusing special ops with the cub scouts.

Actually, not only was I a member of the Cub Scouts and Boy Scouts, but I also served over 20 years in the U.S. Navy and have several friends of mine who are SEALs and former SEALs.

Yeah....................they are sent in when there is a serious problem, and it requires serious skills to do.

There wasn't enough intel on the area, nor on what was going on during the attack, which is why SECDEF Panetta didn't send them in.

Like I said........................look up Operation Eagle Claw sometime and see what happens.

Can you please give me a link to Panetta saying that he gave the stand down order? As for special ops, I guess I have the same questions that many of them have.Hundreds of Retired Special Ops Demand Congress Investigate Benghazi

Last edited:

Can you please give me a link to Panetta saying that he gave the stand down order? As for the special ops, I guess I have the same questions that many of them have.Hundreds of Retired Special Ops Demand Congress Investigate Benghazi

Never said that he gave a stand down order, just said that he'd stated there wasn't enough intel during the attack to send in a team.

BTW....................ever been part of a military operation that moves fast? I have. Several as a matter of fact, and if you don't have the right intel, you can lose your assets quite quickly.

And....................for the record.........................I tend to view with a lot of suspicion any website link that is clearly partisan and full of hackery. Did you really need to pull up a tea bagger site for your "verification"?

And......................did you look up Eagle Claw?

Last edited:
I'll look up Eagle Claw when you look up Benghazi. Now just hold off on the White House talking points and "tea bagger" childish pejoratives for a second. We know that there was real time information coming from Benghazi. We know special ops were getting ready to go to Benghazi. We know there were people on a phone in Benghazi begging for help. Now, unlike you, I don't pretend to know what exactly happened but since the White House doesn't seem to want to tell us what happened then I can only remain suspicious. Yea yea, I know! You were in the Navy. I think you might have mentioned that once or twice. However, unless you were in Benghazi I'm not sure you have anything unique to offer other than repeating Panetta's press releases.

Last edited:
I'll look up Eagle Claw when you look up Benghazi. Now just hold off on the White House talking points and "tea bagger" childish pejoratives for a second. We know that there was real time information coming from Benghazi. We know special ops were getting ready to go to Benghazi. We know there were people on a phone in Benghazi begging for help. Now, unlike you, I don't pretend to know what exactly happened but since the White House doesn't seem to want to tell us what happened then I can only remain suspicious. Yea yea, I know! You were in the Navy. Unless you were in Benghazi though I'm not sure you have anything to add except the repetition of questionable statements to the press.

Actually, not only have I looked up Benghazi, but I've also spent quite a bit of time in front of a television while the news gave me what it had about that (from both sides). It seems that there was a diplomat named Stephens who was killed (along with 3 others), and he'd been not only a really bad ass diplomat (going in among the people and was well liked) but also had a good relationship with the people. However................there were about 3 attacks on where he was at (by Taliban) prior to the attack that took his life.

Yeah.........................the special ops may have been getting ready to go in, but they were stopped because there wasn't enough intel to send them in. But...................like I said, if you knew anything about military operations, you'd also know that they tell you to get ready to go in, but you're also given an order of "hurry up and wait".

As far as repeating questionable statements to the press, why are you currently parroting the GOP?

And...........................since you've recognized that I'd served in the Navy, I have 2 questions.

Did you look up Eagle Claw?

Did you serve?

I'll look up Eagle Claw when you look up Benghazi. Now just hold off on the White House talking points and "tea bagger" childish pejoratives for a second. We know that there was real time information coming from Benghazi. We know special ops were getting ready to go to Benghazi. We know there were people on a phone in Benghazi begging for help. Now, unlike you, I don't pretend to know what exactly happened but since the White House doesn't seem to want to tell us what happened then I can only remain suspicious. Yea yea, I know! You were in the Navy. I think you might have mentioned that once or twice. However, unless you were in Benghazi I'm not sure you have anything to add.

He knows, because he stayed at a Holiday Inn last night. :O

I'll look up Eagle Claw when you look up Benghazi. Now just hold off on the White House talking points and "tea bagger" childish pejoratives for a second. We know that there was real time information coming from Benghazi. We know special ops were getting ready to go to Benghazi. We know there were people on a phone in Benghazi begging for help. Now, unlike you, I don't pretend to know what exactly happened but since the White House doesn't seem to want to tell us what happened then I can only remain suspicious. Yea yea, I know! You were in the Navy. Unless you were in Benghazi though I'm not sure you have anything to add except the repetition of questionable statements to the press.

Actually, not only have I looked up Benghazi, but I've also spent quite a bit of time in front of a television while the news gave me what it had about that (from both sides). It seems that there was a diplomat named Stephens who was killed (along with 3 others), and he'd been not only a really bad ass diplomat (going in among the people and was well liked) but also had a good relationship with the people. However................there were about 3 attacks on where he was at (by Taliban) prior to the attack that took his life.

Yeah.........................the special ops may have been getting ready to go in, but they were stopped because there wasn't enough intel to send them in. But...................like I said, if you knew anything about military operations, you'd also know that they tell you to get ready to go in, but you're also given an order of "hurry up and wait".

As far as repeating questionable statements to the press, why are you currently parroting the GOP?

And...........................since you've recognized that I'd served in the Navy, I have 2 questions.

Did you look up Eagle Claw?

Did you serve?

Argument invalid. You can't assume to know that "there wasn't enough intel" to send them in. There were people begging for their lives in that compound! Just because you served does not make you the ultimate authority on the subject. And if you were actually listening, the order was to "stand down" not "hurry up and wait."

Operation Eagle Claw was a failed attempt at freeing the Iranian hostages in April 1980, ordered by Pres. Carter; the botched mission resulted in the death of 8 people, wounding 4 and also resulted in the destruction of 1 helicopter and 1 air transport, on top of the capture and abandonment of 5 other helicopters. So please explain to us how this relates to Benghazi? At least Carter tried to save the hostages!!!!!!

Last edited:

Forum List

Back