Admission: Special Forces were only hours from Benghazi

So they could of made it? If the stand down came from Obama he should be impeached for this.

Actually, it was SECDEF Panetta who said not to go in, because the only asset they had at the time was a single drone over the area, and there wasn't enough intel to properly execute a rescue and extraction mission without putting the lives of those who would be sent in at serious risk.

Which would you prefer? 4 dead people, or 4 dead people and a dead special ops extraction force?

Remember....................Carter took a beating (and lost reelection) because he sent in special operations members for Operation Eagle Claw during the Iran hostage crisis and lost several soldiers as well as 2 aircraft.

The partisan right doesn’t care about facts or the truth – they only care about propagating lies and contriving controversies where none exist.

And you call yourself a Libertarian? Well since Obama or Panetta did not send in help to rescue Stephens and company, they died. Obama was scared to help these men because he was scared he would take a hit before the election? What's more important? The lives of your ambassador and his attaches, or your re-election hopes? Only a liberal would issue pejorative statements like "partisan" and dismiss the issue as mere contrivance, an act of fear, not of confidence. Pathetic, Clayton, you really had me fooled.

I'll look up Eagle Claw when you look up Benghazi. Now just hold off on the White House talking points and "tea bagger" childish pejoratives for a second. We know that there was real time information coming from Benghazi. We know special ops were getting ready to go to Benghazi. We know there were people on a phone in Benghazi begging for help. Now, unlike you, I don't pretend to know what exactly happened but since the White House doesn't seem to want to tell us what happened then I can only remain suspicious. Yea yea, I know! You were in the Navy. Unless you were in Benghazi though I'm not sure you have anything to add except the repetition of questionable statements to the press.

Actually, not only have I looked up Benghazi, but I've also spent quite a bit of time in front of a television while the news gave me what it had about that (from both sides). It seems that there was a diplomat named Stephens who was killed (along with 3 others), and he'd been not only a really bad ass diplomat (going in among the people and was well liked) but also had a good relationship with the people. However................there were about 3 attacks on where he was at (by Taliban) prior to the attack that took his life.

Yeah.........................the special ops may have been getting ready to go in, but they were stopped because there wasn't enough intel to send them in. But...................like I said, if you knew anything about military operations, you'd also know that they tell you to get ready to go in, but you're also given an order of "hurry up and wait".

As far as repeating questionable statements to the press, why are you currently parroting the GOP?

And...........................since you've recognized that I'd served in the Navy, I have 2 questions.

Did you look up Eagle Claw?

Did you serve?

Yes, I looked up Eagle Claw. Sheesh you're demanding! I bet you're a selfish lover!
I was in the Army for three years active and I was in the Army reserve three years after that. No, I did not see any action unless you count a cute little red head named Suzan.
Now, back to the discussion. How many oranges can you fit in a d cup?
Thanks for parroting the DNC talking points. I don't get enough of that here. Pffffft.

Last edited:
Actually, it was SECDEF Panetta who said not to go in, because the only asset they had at the time was a single drone over the area, and there wasn't enough intel to properly execute a rescue and extraction mission without putting the lives of those who would be sent in at serious risk.

Which would you prefer? 4 dead people, or 4 dead people and a dead special ops extraction force?

Remember....................Carter took a beating (and lost reelection) because he sent in special operations members for Operation Eagle Claw during the Iran hostage crisis and lost several soldiers as well as 2 aircraft.

The partisan right doesn’t care about facts or the truth – they only care about propagating lies and contriving controversies where none exist.

And you call yourself a Libertarian? Well since Obama or Panetta did not send in help to rescue Stephens and company, they died. Obama was scared to help these men because he was scared he would take a hit before the election? What's more important? The lives of your ambassador and his attaches, or your re-election hopes? Only a liberal would issue pejorative statements like "partisan" and dismiss the issue as mere contrivance, an act of fear, not of confidence. Pathetic, Clayton, you really had me fooled.

Pure speculation on your part.

I'll look up Eagle Claw when you look up Benghazi. Now just hold off on the White House talking points and "tea bagger" childish pejoratives for a second. We know that there was real time information coming from Benghazi. We know special ops were getting ready to go to Benghazi. We know there were people on a phone in Benghazi begging for help. Now, unlike you, I don't pretend to know what exactly happened but since the White House doesn't seem to want to tell us what happened then I can only remain suspicious. Yea yea, I know! You were in the Navy. Unless you were in Benghazi though I'm not sure you have anything to add except the repetition of questionable statements to the press.

Actually, not only have I looked up Benghazi, but I've also spent quite a bit of time in front of a television while the news gave me what it had about that (from both sides). It seems that there was a diplomat named Stephens who was killed (along with 3 others), and he'd been not only a really bad ass diplomat (going in among the people and was well liked) but also had a good relationship with the people. However................there were about 3 attacks on where he was at (by Taliban) prior to the attack that took his life.

Yeah.........................the special ops may have been getting ready to go in, but they were stopped because there wasn't enough intel to send them in. But...................like I said, if you knew anything about military operations, you'd also know that they tell you to get ready to go in, but you're also given an order of "hurry up and wait".

As far as repeating questionable statements to the press, why are you currently parroting the GOP?

And...........................since you've recognized that I'd served in the Navy, I have 2 questions.

Did you serve?

Argument invalid. You can't assume to know that "there wasn't enough intel" to send them in. There were people begging for their lives in that compound! Just because you served does not make you the ultimate authority on the subject. And if you were actually listening, the order was to "stand down" not "hurry up and wait."

Operation Eagle Claw was a failed attempt at freeing the Iranian hostages in April 1980, ordered by Pres. Carter; the botched mission resulted in the death of 8 people, wounding 4 and also resulted in the destruction of 1 helicopter and 1 air transport, on top of the capture and abandonment of 5 other helicopters. So please explain to us how this relates to Benghazi?

You're really quite the little retard, ain't ya?

Never said that it was because of what I'd read in the papers and heard on the news that there wasn't enough intel to send people in. I told you what THE FUCKING SECDEF OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (SECDEF being an acronym for Secretary of Defense) LEON PANETTA SAID..............................

PANETTA HIMSELF SAID THAT WE DIDN'T HAVE ENOUGH INTEL TO SEND IN A TEAM.

Personally? I'd trust what the Secretary of Defense says about an operation more than what I'd trust some lone idiot on the Internet, or even what some idiot politician says about it.

Why? Because Panetta had all the reports, as well as knew what was going on.

And yeah....................Carter fucked up and didn't have all the intel he needed, which is why Eagle Claw failed.

You really need to do better research. I mean for fuck's sake, you have an internet connection, which means at the bare minimum, you can use Google to look these things up.

Prove it. Do you deny that four people died that night? Obama is an extremely intelligent man, NoNukes, don't you think he had the failure of Operation Eagle Claw in the back of his mind? As someone else noted, Carter was crushed in 1980 by Reagan due in part because of this. Obama may be a bad president, but he isn't a stupid one; even he isn't ignorant of history. He probably knew that any insertion of military forces into Benghazi would result in serious backlash from the electorate. He could not afford to have a major incident occur on his watch, so he most likely sat there and watched them die.

It isn't hard to put two and two together.

Did you serve?

Yes, I looked up Eagle Claw. Sheesh you're demanding! I bet you're a selfish lover!
I was in the Army for three years active and I was in the Army reserve three years after that. No, I did not see any action unless you count a cute little red head named Suzan.
Thanks for parroting the DNC talking points. I don't get enough of that here. Pffffft.

Cool............................a 3 year ground pounder who had to wait for the next 3 years to see if they were going to be called up in case of a war.

I served in Beruit in '83, served in Desert Storm pts. I and II, as well as was up around the action in Kosovo.

How many oranges can I fit in a D cup? Dunno....................because if she's a D cup, I'm gonna fit my whole face between them.

Parroting the DNC talking points? Nope..............wrong again dogface...............I was telling you what Panetta said was the reason that a team wasn't sent.

Keep trying asshole.........................

Prove it. Do you deny that four people died that night? Obama is an extremely intelligent man, NoNukes, don't you think he had the failure of Operation Eagle Claw in the back of his mind? As someone else noted, Carter was crushed in 1980 by Reagan due in part because of this. Obama may be a bad president, but he isn't a stupid one; even he isn't ignorant of history. He probably knew that any insertion of military forces into Benghazi would result in serious backlash from the electorate. He could not afford to have a major incident occur on his watch, so he most likely sat there and watched them die.

It isn't hard to put two and two together.

You do not know that what Obama did had anything to do with the election. Pure speculation on your part, not facts.

Did you serve?

Cool............................a 3 year ground pounder who had to wait for the next 3 years to see if they were going to be called up in case of a war.

I served in Beruit in '83, served in Desert Storm pts. I and II, as well as was up around the action in Kosovo.

How many oranges can I fit in a D cup? Dunno....................because if she's a D cup, I'm gonna fit my whole face between them.

Parroting the DNC talking points? Nope..............wrong again dogface...............I was telling you what Panetta said was the reason that a team wasn't sent.

I agree with what you are saying, but there is no need for the name calling.

Did you serve?

Argument invalid. You can't assume to know that "there wasn't enough intel" to send them in. There were people begging for their lives in that compound! Just because you served does not make you the ultimate authority on the subject. And if you were actually listening, the order was to "stand down" not "hurry up and wait."

Operation Eagle Claw was a failed attempt at freeing the Iranian hostages in April 1980, ordered by Pres. Carter; the botched mission resulted in the death of 8 people, wounding 4 and also resulted in the destruction of 1 helicopter and 1 air transport, on top of the capture and abandonment of 5 other helicopters. So please explain to us how this relates to Benghazi?

You're really quite the little retard, ain't ya?

Never said that it was because of what I'd read in the papers and heard on the news that there wasn't enough intel to send people in. I told you what THE FUCKING SECDEF OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (SECDEF being an acronym for Secretary of Defense) LEON PANETTA SAID..............................

PANETTA HIMSELF SAID THAT WE DIDN'T HAVE ENOUGH INTEL TO SEND IN A TEAM.

Personally? I'd trust what the Secretary of Defense says about an operation more than what I'd trust some lone idiot on the Internet, or even what some idiot politician says about it.

Why? Because Panetta had all the reports, as well as knew what was going on.

And yeah....................Carter fucked up and didn't have all the intel he needed, which is why Eagle Claw failed.

You really need to do better research. I mean for fuck's sake, you have an internet connection, which means at the bare minimum, you can use Google to look these things up.

I use Google all the time, jackass. I have to to combat the inaccuracies you liberal post on a nearly incessant basis. How do you think I whip all of you so badly? You'll rue the day you ever refer to me as a retard again.

So, that phone call was not enough intel to help extricate Stephens from the consulate? Are you really that gullible? I know what the SECDEF said and I know what I heard Hicks and others say DURING THE FUCKING HEARING!

Last edited:

Sorry about the name calling, but they're definitely allowed to call me "Squid" or "Crackerjack".

Dogface is what the Army was called in WWII, and ground pounder is still used today, because they generally walk into whatever ground they're told to.

Sorry about the name calling, but they're definitely allowed to call me "Squid" or "Crackerjack".

Dogface is what the Army was called in WWII, and ground pounder is still used today, because they generally walk into whatever ground they're told to.

It is just that name calling can weaken your excellent arguments.

It is just that name calling can weaken your excellent arguments.

No, his lack of an argument means he has none, that is the reason for the name calling. All he has is what he sees on TV and what he reads in the newspaper. He uses his service in the Navy as a bludgeon, to contend he knows more about what went on than anyone else does. Arrogance is not an argument.

Last edited:
Just out of curiosity. What do you think the special ops are for? The special ops are supposed to "be sent in at serious risk". I think you're confusing special ops with the cub scouts.

Actually, not only was I a member of the Cub Scouts and Boy Scouts, but I also served over 20 years in the U.S. Navy and have several friends of mine who are SEALs and former SEALs.

Yeah....................they are sent in when there is a serious problem, and it requires serious skills to do.

But they rarely send them in without sufficient intel.

There wasn't enough intel on the area, nor on what was going on during the attack, which is why SECDEF Panetta didn't send them in.

Like I said........................look up Operation Eagle Claw sometime and see what happens.

Couldn't send in highly trained SEALS teams but an Ambassador who is unarmed and not well protected, well that's OK?

I'll look up Eagle Claw when you look up Benghazi. Now just hold off on the White House talking points and "tea bagger" childish pejoratives for a second. We know that there was real time information coming from Benghazi. We know special ops were getting ready to go to Benghazi. We know there were people on a phone in Benghazi begging for help. Now, unlike you, I don't pretend to know what exactly happened but since the White House doesn't seem to want to tell us what happened then I can only remain suspicious. Yea yea, I know! You were in the Navy. I think you might have mentioned that once or twice. However, unless you were in Benghazi I'm not sure you have anything unique to offer other than repeating Panetta's press releases.

You weren't there either, yet you are standing in judgement.

North Africa and the Middle East are dangerous and unstable areas. Anything can happen, and those stationed there know their lives are at constant risk.

I much more trust competant military judgement than partisan internet posters when it comes to the assessment of a situation such as existed in Benghazi. You might also remember, there were a few other things going on that same night.

Just out of curiosity. What do you think the special ops are for? The special ops are supposed to "be sent in at serious risk". I think you're confusing special ops with the cub scouts.

Actually, not only was I a member of the Cub Scouts and Boy Scouts, but I also served over 20 years in the U.S. Navy and have several friends of mine who are SEALs and former SEALs.

Yeah....................they are sent in when there is a serious problem, and it requires serious skills to do.

But they rarely send them in without sufficient intel.

There wasn't enough intel on the area, nor on what was going on during the attack, which is why SECDEF Panetta didn't send them in.

Like I said........................look up Operation Eagle Claw sometime and see what happens.

Couldn't send in highly trained SEALS teams but an Ambassador who is unarmed and not well protected, well that's OK?

Dumb fuck, that was his job. Diplomats are often at risk, and understand this when they take the job.

Sending in Special Ops is a reactive move, and time and intel are neccessary. Thus far, I have seen no evidence that there was an adaquete amount of either to do that job.

So they could of made it? If the stand down came from Obama he should be impeached for this.

Eagle Claw had very little to do with Carter losing re-election. It was his piss poor economy that sealed his fate. Not to mention his brother and Ronald Reagan

-Geaux

Forum List

Back